Who else thinks its awful for kerry w...

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2413 Jun 9, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Halle be from womb of white bitch and nut sack of black man
Only you AA claim mixed mfs as black
Dont nobody else on planet claim mixed mfs as they people except you AA
I think you need to reroute your tangent toward someone who actually believes that "mixed" Blacks aren't Black.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2414 Jun 9, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
She does identifies as black however she is not a black woman. Everyone in the world knows she is a biracial woman. So are you upset that a non white woman is only being rewarded for what you believe to be a devaluing role or are you upset that a bw is rewarded for the role? If it's the latter, your anger is misguided because she is not black and a black woman turned the role down. That's my only point.
You make absolutely NO SENSE at all.

In one instance you assert Halle's a Black woman by her own admittance, but on the other hand, you want to insist that she's something else.

If Halle herself claims she's a Black woman, who are you or anyone else to usurp that? You make it seem as though this 50 year old woman doesn't know what she is by now. How ridiculous and how insulting...

“dreams”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2416 Jun 9, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>You make absolutely NO SENSE at all.
In one instance you assert Halle's a Black woman by her own admittance, but on the other hand, you want to insist that she's something else.
If Halle herself claims she's a Black woman, who are you or anyone else to usurp that? You make it seem as though this 50 year old woman doesn't know what she is by now. How ridiculous and how insulting...
It is insulting. It's insulting that blacks give other groups of people such liberties.

We can all call ourselves what we want but our genetics are what they are. You can't simply change who you are. At the end of the day she is not a black woman and it's unfair to blame the whole of bw for what a non black woman chose to do. Especially considering the woman who is black turned the role down. She should have been uplifted by the black community but instead the black community chose to focus on the non black woman who took the role.

To further illustrate my point, I'm asking if you are upset that a non ww in your view had to do a degrading role in order to get a trophy or are you looking at this from a black/white perspective?

If you are viewing this from a black/white perspective it isn't fair because she is not a bw and in fact a bw turned the role down.

If you are looking at this from the point of non ww being degraded in order to get an accolade that makes more sense and honorable to have that sort of concern for all minority women.

“ News”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2417 Jun 9, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Halle aint black so folks need to drop slave mindset
She aint want no kids by us BM neither
Would you mind telling us what actually defines black.
Black Deal

United States

#2418 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>Would you mind telling us what actually defines black.
BM + BW = black people

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2419 Jun 9, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
BM + BW = black people
Care to elaborate. If not, don't worry.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2420 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to elaborate. If not, don't worry.
What more elaboration is needed?

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2421 Jun 9, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
What more elaboration is needed?
That's the first black person or so-called black person I've seen define black with a short math equation. If you want to go by such a short defintion, then Halle Berry is black, because it says so on her birth certificate.

However, feel free to elaborate if you'd like. And please try not to beat around the bush like you just did.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2422 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the first black person or so-called black person I've seen define black with a short math equation. If you want to go by such a short defintion, then Halle Berry is black, because it says so on her birth certificate.
However, feel free to elaborate if you'd like. And please try not to beat around the bush like you just did.
I think some blacks are around a lot of "slave" type blacks who still view the world in a slave mindset. I believe the world has progressed a lot. Many blacks, such as myself, have been around enough biracials and other groups and see them not has black but as biracials. In fact the biracials I'm around demand to be called biracial if they must be called anything. They quickly correct those who call them black.

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2423 Jun 9, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some blacks are around a lot of "slave" type blacks who still view the world in a slave mindset. I believe the world has progressed a lot. Many blacks, such as myself, have been around enough biracials and other groups and see them not has black but as biracials. In fact the biracials I'm around demand to be called biracial if they must be called anything. They quickly correct those who call them black.
Biracial's are black. Telling them what they are is not the same as claiming them. For example, I don't claim Halle Berry. But regardless of what they want to be called, the power system will always treat them like black people. So they may as well I dentify with that, and not one half of their blood. And if they think they will one day be accepted because they are half white, then how they treat Obama should answer that. My point is, you can't be both. The black gene is too strong.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2424 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Biracial's are black. Telling them what they are is not the same as claiming them. For example, I don't claim Halle Berry. But regardless of what they want to be called, the power system will always treat them like black people. So they may as well I dentify with that, and not one half of their blood. And if they think they will one day be accepted because they are half white, then how they treat Obama should answer that. My point is, you can't be both. The black gene is too strong.
Oh, I see. Well I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2425 Jun 10, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
BM + BW = black people
So according to your logic, Malia and Natasha Obama aren't black. Tell us something you know, not something you don't know.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2426 Jun 10, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
She does identifies as black however she is not a black woman. Everyone in the world knows she is a biracial woman. So are you upset that a non white woman is only being rewarded for what you believe to be a devaluing role or are you upset that a bw is rewarded for the role? If it's the latter, your anger is misguided because she is not black and a black woman turned the role down. That's my only point.
The only people who don't see Halle as black are black people many of whom are powerless when it comes Hollywood and can't heavily influence her career one way or the other. Whites don't this brown skin woman as one of them and don't want claim her.

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2427 Jun 10, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text> Are you sure blacks have accepted stereotypes? If I'm an italian and put garlic on my food because it's plentiful in my area thus becomes part of my culture, am I giving in to a stereotype by eating garlic?
Blacks are dying because of weakness and everyone takes advantage of the weak. It's just the way of the world. It's simply a painful truth.
If you're going to use food for an example, then go back to who actually gave blacks soul food in the first place. Blacks are dying because their God, their religion, their name, and their culture has been stripped from them. As long as they deny this, and try to blend with the ills of white soceity, Hollywood included, they will continue to die a slow death. Maybe an even faster death now, since the white mans time is running out. It's getting so bad that Hollywood is now starting to make entertainment out of it's own poor, whom many thought they would prosper by participating in black oppression. The Bible says your own weapons will be formed against you.
Black Deal

United States

#2428 Jun 10, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>So according to your logic, Malia and Natasha Obama aren't black. Tell us something you know, not something you don't know.
BM + BW = black people

That be what I know so STFU

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2429 Jun 10, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
BM + BW = black people
That be what I know so STFU
Which is nothing, cracker.
Black Deal

United States

#2430 Jun 10, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>Which is nothing, cracker.
Stop projecting devil

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2431 Jun 10, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop projecting devil
Stop protecting devil.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2432 Jun 10, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to use food for an example, then go back to who actually gave blacks soul food in the first place. Blacks are dying because their God, their religion, their name, and their culture has been stripped from them. As long as they deny this, and try to blend with the ills of white soceity, Hollywood included, they will continue to die a slow death. Maybe an even faster death now, since the white mans time is running out. It's getting so bad that Hollywood is now starting to make entertainment out of it's own poor, whom many thought they would prosper by participating in black oppression. The Bible says your own weapons will be formed against you.
Now this post I'm having a difficult time understanding. The food reference was simply about placing stereotypes in there proper place. Too much focus on stereotypes in the bc. You guys stereotype each other as well which points to defeat of the mind. It's very counterproductive. It also breeds more distruct within your group.

Soul food originated with southern whites and like all cultural foods it was born on what was available to them. I know of not one culturally "healthy" cuisine. Cultural dishes start off "unhealthy" and generally progress to more healthier versions. Southern food/soul food is no exception to this. So what is stereotypical about it?

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2433 Jun 10, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this post I'm having a difficult time understanding. The food reference was simply about placing stereotypes in there proper place. Too much focus on stereotypes in the bc. You guys stereotype each other as well which points to defeat of the mind. It's very counterproductive. It also breeds more distruct within your group.
Soul food originated with southern whites and like all cultural foods it was born on what was available to them. I know of not one culturally "healthy" cuisine. Cultural dishes start off "unhealthy" and generally progress to more healthier versions. Southern food/soul food is no exception to this. So what is stereotypical about it?
You guys? I thought you said your were black. Anyway you're digressing. Hollywood was never meant to entertain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,581,276
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 2 min Cigar Face 26 152
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 3 min Bebe 35,950
White women so jealous of us asian women (Aug '16) 9 min Jax 17
White nationalists "Unite the Right" Campus Rally 18 min Fucisil 102
Do black women prefer doggystyle? 23 min Harrisson 33
Poll Which race of women have the best bodies? (Oct '07) 29 min Fresh 1,187
Tomi Lehren dating a Black Man!!!! 3 hr MaceotheCoon 50
Seriously. What's gonna happen to the "sell-out"? 3 hr Ugly monkeys 52
More from around the web