Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2391 Jun 8, 2013
KingsloveQueens wrote:
<quoted text>There is no real history on Cleopatra just coins and carved pics of her she believe to be a Greek women whom was made Queen in Egypt that's all any Scholars really know everything else is hollywood bullsh3t for the wm still has not broken down the old Egyptian language barrier and can't read old Egyptian text so most of the story you get about ancient Egypt is out of the bible and you don't read about Cleoplatra in there than that tells you want anyone really know about her nothing..lol get it (=
Wrong their is a vast history of Queen Cleopatra VII and even some history of her brothers Ptolemy XIII Theos and
Ptolemy XIV which movies would hardly cove. They were of Greek and Macedonian descent but spoke Greek and they had no Egyptian ancestry. Their shrewd father manipulated his way to Egypt's thorn. After the father death, his oldest son oldest Ptolemy XIII Theos and Cleopatra's own brother then married her and the incestuous couple ruled Egypt together but after his death, Cleopatra then married her youngest brother and they ruled Egypt until Cleo arranged his death with Caesar. There is much more recorded(ancient writings that were later transferred into books) factual history of Cleopatra before and after she became the Egyptian queen. There are even records of her foods, let me not if you want to know what they are. So place leave to pick of a history book and read it before making such ignorant claims!

Level 8

Location hidden

#2392 Jun 8, 2013
Corrections:

Wrong their is a vast history of Queen Cleopatra VII and even some history of her brothers Ptolemy XIII Theos and Ptolemy XIV which movies would hardly cover. They were of Greek and Macedonian descent but spoke Greek and they had no Egyptian ancestry. Their shrewd father manipulated his way to Egypt's throne. After the father death, his oldest son oldest Ptolemy XIII Theos and Cleopatra's own brother then married her and the incestuous couple ruled Egypt together but after his death, Cleopatra then married her youngest brother and they ruled Egypt until Cleo arranged his death with Caesar. There is much more recorded(ancient writings that were later transferred into books) factual history of Cleopatra before and after she became the Egyptian queen. There are even records of her foods, let me know if you want to know what they are. So please learn to pick of a history book and read it before making such ignorant claims!

Ptolemy XIV which movies would hardly cove. They were of Greek and Macedonian descent but spoke Greek and they had no Egyptian ancestry. Their shrewd father manipulated his way to Egypt's thorn. After the father death, his oldest son oldest Ptolemy XIII Theos and Cleopatra's own brother then married her and the incestuous couple ruled Egypt together but after his death, Cleopatra then married her youngest brother and they ruled Egypt until Cleo arranged his death with Caesar. There is much more recorded(ancient writings that were later transferred into books) factual history of Cleopatra before and after she became the Egyptian queen. There are even records of her foods, let me not if you want to know what they are. So place leave to pick of a history book and read it before making such ignorant claims!

Level 8

Location hidden

#2393 Jun 8, 2013

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2394 Jun 8, 2013
Carmiana wrote:
This woman was conceived from a black man and a white woman and you all are making a big stink about her having sex with a white man in some movie.
What Halle is genetically is really irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that she was still "awarded" at the expense of being exploited.

Level 8

Location hidden

#2395 Jun 8, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting, how this issue pops up from time to time?
You brought up a good point about why that film was worthy of an award, but her other work wasn't?
Its almost as if her previous works accounted for NOTHING...
King Tut

Tulsa, OK

#2396 Jun 8, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>What Halle is genetically is really irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that she was still "awarded" at the expense of being exploited.
So was Denzel.

Level 8

Location hidden

#2397 Jun 8, 2013
King Tut wrote:
<quoted text>So was Denzel.
He's another prime example.
They made it seem as though "Alonzo Harris" was equivalent to "John Q". NOT!

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2398 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
Giving Halle Berry an academy award for Monster's Ball alone was enough for blacks to boycott Hollywood all together. There couldn't have been a bigger message to black women telling them what they must do to get ahead. It's very discusting when you actually think about it. This should not have been taken as lightly as it was by the black community. But instead, we return Hollywood a favor by giving them a mini series like Scandal.
What makes Scandal even more tasteless is, Kerry Washington just played a character in Django, a film, although still a little controversial in a sense, symbolized the strongest blave love since the Pam Grier movies of the 70's. Although Pam was exploited by Hollywood a litttle herself with the nudity, she wasn't a tomout like Halle and Kerry. To hear black people cheer on Kerry Washington as though she were some modern day Pam Grier, makes me sick to the stomach. In a way she's just as bad as Halle, because Scandal isn't a movie, it's a mini series that constantly drills the modern day white mans bed wench into the subconscious of many of the young.
it will all make sense when aa begin to understand that the jew is the eternal enemy of the bm. jews have been exploiting and stereotyping blacks in the media since there was a media. these people are the absolute scum of the earth and a curse to all humanity.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2399 Jun 9, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
the sex scene in mandingo was nothing like monsters ball. though it was probably the most graphic ww/bm scene, it still doesn't come close to MB. and the black lead was killed in the end - which gave wm a sense of relief
Good point as usual!

“What do the stars say......”

Since: May 11

...explore outside the milkway

#2400 Jun 9, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>What Halle is genetically is really irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that she was still "awarded" at the expense of being exploited.
Yeah right.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2401 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Mandingo also sent a subliminal message for black men to stay away from white women. Somehow, to this day, many black women are still fine with that message, but don't care what black men think about them in IR dating.
True, with a finger waggin' don't touch our women, but we can do whatever we want with yours.

Most of us understand the crimes committed against Black men that dared to fall in love, or have sex with white women during the African Holocaust.

And whole communities being destroyed just because of some lying white skank, a la Rosewood.

“ News”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2402 Jun 9, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
it will all make sense when aa begin to understand that the jew is the eternal enemy of the bm. jews have been exploiting and stereotyping blacks in the media since there was a media. these people are the absolute scum of the earth and a curse to all humanity.
I first learned how they felt about blacks back when I lived on a white college campus with a white jewish roomate. He was short, chubby, and a quiet sort of nerdy type. Although we kind of got along, we never hung out. However he slowly made it clear to me that he didn't like black people, although he grew up around some in Baltimore. He was one of those prejudice nerd types. One day I was doing some arm curls on my dumbells, and he suddenly asked  me what was I trying to prove. Yes he was one of those white jews who hated everything a black person did. I never got around to telling him the true annoying things that white people do. I guess I was still young and trying to feel my way around that large white university campus. 

Throughout  the semester, we debated which race had the better looking women, white or black. On the last day of classes, we had a few beers, and he finally admitted that black women were the prettiest because of their bodies and the variety in skin complexion, knowing some can almost look white even...which doesn't automatically mean a plus. Anyway this was always common sense to me. But when you look at the condition of many of our black women today, you sometimes wonder if their dignity is worth standing up for, especially when so many of them openly tune in to this filth of a mini series, and many today seem to be willing to even sleep with his type (my roomate). And his type don't change. In fact they get worst.

But my biggest wakeup call on the jewish communities hatred for blacks was when I worked in the biggest catholic church in D.C. as a security guard.  I worked under a jewish captain, who was new too. During the job  interview, I thought I was talking to one of the nicest white guys (the jewish captain) you could meet. But a few months after he hired me, he practically fired me for nothing, and used a Stephen looking from Django type to help him. Anyway, this white jewish captains hatred for blacks was tremedous. All the guards were black of course, so he suddenly added washing the patrol cruiser and taking out the garbage to our duties, eventhough they already had a maintenance group. There was this one young white girl secretary in our office. One evening when she was leaving, she was about to take out one of the trash bags from the waste can. I guess she felt a little sorry for us. The white jewish captain saw this and told her to put it down, and that was their job. 

This was twenty-eight years ago, and up until recently, it was the first time I've been forced out of a job....actually I was fired. I told that jewish captain that this was going to come back on him, maybe tomorrow, maybe five years later, maybe 20 years later, but it will come back. Twenty-six years later, that cathedral suffered expensive damage, along with that cities second highest building. the Washington Monument, as a result of the D.C. earthquake a few years ago.

My recent experience, I left the job before they had the chance to fire me, in which the paperwork was practically already in progress. I couldn't believe this same thing was happening to me 20 years later with a college degree from a prestigious white university, on a high paying IT job. It made me realize that the synagogue of satan grew from a serpent to a dragon, however this time almighty God stepped in, just like he did on that cathedral, and made this job my stepping stool. 

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2403 Jun 9, 2013
King Tut wrote:
<quoted text>So was Denzel.
Although what Denzel did doesn't no where near compare to what Halle did, I will mention another well known black actor whose recent role I wasn't all that please with. I'm talking about Morgan Freeman in "Now You See Me". Unlike "Deep Impact" , where he played the black leader to the end, in this movie he played the head man with great wisdom, while out-whitting this young white dude, who just kept coming up late.

But you know Hollywood couldn't let the movie end like that today. So the movie ended with this same young white dude actually playing Morgan Freeman for a fool all along, leaving Morgan Freeman in jail (the stereotypical image of a black man) plus looking confused. Playing an older white man over a brother is bad enough, but this sick peverted mind of the white man will place a young white dude over a senior brother in a heart beat.

Even in "Olympus Has Fallen", they made it were Angela Basset had to declare Morgan Freeman as president, which didn't give a very strong image, having to have a women tell you you are president. She almost looked like the stronger of the two. But still in that movie, the true hero and role players were white men.

So Morgan Freeman has went from playing God, to President, to jail.

“dreams”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2404 Jun 9, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
Of course who she genetically is has relevance because the argument some are making is that a bw played a hwore even when everyone knows she isn't a bw. A real bw turned the role down but yet many don't even think to applaud her for such a stand because so many are focused on what a biracial woman chose to do.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2405 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
I first learned how they felt about blacks back when I lived on a white college campus with a white jewish roomate. He was short, chubby, and a quiet sort of nerdy type. Although we kind of got along, we never hung out. However he slowly made it clear to me that he didn't like black people, although he grew up around some in Baltimore. He was one of those prejudice nerd types. One day I was doing some arm curls on my dumbells, and he suddenly asked  me what was I trying to prove. Yes he was one of those white jews who hated everything a black person did. I never got around to telling him the true annoying things that white people do. I guess I was still young and trying to feel my way around that large white university campus. 
Throughout  the semester, we debated which race had the better looking women, white or black. On the last day of classes, we had a few beers, and he finally admitted that black women were the prettiest because of their bodies and the variety in skin complexion, knowing some can almost look white even...which doesn't automatically mean a plus. Anyway this was always common sense to me. But when you look at the condition of many of our black women today, you sometimes wonder if their dignity is worth standing up for, especially when so many of them openly tune in to this filth of a mini series, and many today seem to be willing to even sleep with his type (my roomate). And his type don't change. In fact they get worst.
But my biggest wakeup call on the jewish communities hatred for blacks was when I worked in the biggest catholic church in D.C. as a security guard.  I worked under a jewish captain, who was new too. During the job  interview, I thought I was talking to one of the nicest white guys (the jewish captain) you could meet. But a few months after he hired me, he practically fired me for nothing, and used a Stephen looking from Django type to help him. Anyway, this white jewish captains hatred for blacks was tremedous. All the guards were black of course, so he suddenly added washing the patrol cruiser and taking out the garbage to our duties, eventhough they already had a maintenance group. There was this one young white girl secretary in our office. One evening when she was leaving, she was about to take out one of the trash bags from the waste can. I guess she felt a little sorry for us. The white jewish captain saw this and told her to put it down, and that was their job. 
This was twenty-eight years ago, and up until recently, it was the first time I've been forced out of a job....actually I was fired. I told that jewish captain that this was going to come back on him, maybe tomorrow, maybe five years later, maybe 20 years later, but it will come back. Twenty-six years later, that cathedral suffered expensive damage, along with that cities second highest building. the Washington Monument, as a result of the D.C. earthquake a few years ago.
My recent experience, I left the job before they had the chance to fire me, in which the paperwork was practically already in progress. I couldn't believe this same thing was happening to me 20 years later with a college degree from a prestigious white university, on a high paying IT job. It made me realize that the synagogue of satan grew from a serpent to a dragon, however this time almighty God stepped in, just like he did on that cathedral, and made this job my stepping stool. 
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. No one deserves to be treated poorly just because of skin. Sounds like you deserved better.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2406 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Although what Denzel did doesn't no where near compare to what Halle did, I will mention another well known black actor whose recent role I wasn't all that please with. I'm talking about Morgan Freeman in "Now You See Me". Unlike "Deep Impact" , where he played the black leader to the end, in this movie he played the head man with great wisdom, while out-whitting this young white dude, who just kept coming up late.
But you know Hollywood couldn't let the movie end like that today. So the movie ended with this same young white dude actually playing Morgan Freeman for a fool all along, leaving Morgan Freeman in jail (the stereotypical image of a black man) plus looking confused. Playing an older white man over a brother is bad enough, but this sick peverted mind of the white man will place a young white dude over a senior brother in a heart beat.
Even in "Olympus Has Fallen", they made it were Angela Basset had to declare Morgan Freeman as president, which didn't give a very strong image, having to have a women tell you you are president. She almost looked like the stronger of the two. But still in that movie, the true hero and role players were white men.
So Morgan Freeman has went from playing God, to President, to jail.
All stereotypical roles. Blacks need to start viewing entertainment as entertainment. Those folks just want to be seen and when too much is asked of them in terms of morals and integrity, most bow to that type of pressure. They simply want to entertain and we should learn to accept it.

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2407 Jun 9, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. No one deserves to be treated poorly just because of skin. Sounds like you deserved better.
Thanks.

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#2408 Jun 9, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
All stereotypical roles. Blacks need to start viewing entertainment as entertainment. Those folks just want to be seen and when too much is asked of them in terms of morals and integrity, most bow to that type of pressure. They simply want to entertain and we should learn to accept it.
The truth is, blacks always accepted these stereotypes, on and off screen, way before I was born. This is the reason why we stay behind, then try to laugh it off as entertainment. But it's killing us. We also see that on televison because it' real and getting worst, watch the news. In a way, that's become a source of entertainment too, esepcially the major news outlets.

You have to look at the big picture. Television was never meant for entertainment. To the ones who control what you watch, it's called programming, which does lead to mind control. It was actually developed as a communication device by the government and military, the same goes for the internet. So you need to be careful here as well.

“dreams”

Level 2

Location hidden

#2409 Jun 9, 2013
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, blacks always accepted these stereotypes, on and off screen, way before I was born. This is the reason why we stay behind, then try to laugh it off as entertainment. But it's killing us. We also see that on televison because it' real and getting worst, watch the news. In a way, that's become a source of entertainment too, esepcially the major news outlets.
You have to look at the big picture. Television was never meant for entertainment. To the ones who control what you watch, it's called programming, which does lead to mind control. It was actually developed as a communication device by the government and military, the same goes for the internet. So you need to be careful here as well.
Are you sure blacks have accepted stereotypes? If I'm an italian and put garlic on my food because it's plentiful in my area thus becomes part of my culture, am I giving in to a stereotype by eating garlic?

Blacks are dying because of weakness and everyone takes advantage of the weak. It's just the way of the world. It's simply a painful truth.

Level 8

Location hidden

#2410 Jun 9, 2013
berriesgalore wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course who she genetically is has relevance because the argument some are making is that a bw played a hwore even when everyone knows she isn't a bw. A real bw turned the role down but yet many don't even think to applaud her for such a stand because so many are focused on what a biracial woman chose to do.
Lets peradventure that Halle actually classified herself as a "biracial" woman, the fact remains you still have a NON-WHITE woman only being rewarded for roles that devalue & deface her.

And for the record...Halle IS a Black woman and she's a Black woman who actually refers to herself as a Black woman...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 min Trouble 120,461
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,231,791
New name for the USA. 3 min Ingwe Temujin 78
Why do women in general prefer Dark Skin Black ... (Jan '12) 4 min Tanjin 1,623
Cheap European Propaganda ! Truth: 100% Immigra... 6 min Tanjin 67
Poll Why are African, & African Caribbean Women jeal... (May '13) 8 min Trouble 3,351
FREE RIDDIMS DOWNLOADS (Riddims from the year 1... (Jan '13) 8 min firewayne 36
34 Murdered in Baltimore Since Freddie Gray Died 45 min anon 77
why do white people hate other races so much 2 hr Ingwe Temujin 221
REPARATION TIME $$cha ching$$ 2 hr Bogemille 242
More from around the web