of 16
Next Last

“myspace.com/jeri shermaine ”

Since: Nov 07

Texas

#2 May 19, 2008
yeeeeessss.
Im is.

i got those cheekbones which is wierd cuz i gots extremly full cheeks and when ever i smile...you know im smiling lol.

darn theese cheeks!!!!

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 May 19, 2008
Ariel wrote:
Although it is true that blacks and Native Americans mixed, there is no good reason for 97% of the black population to be claiming that they are Indians...
Okay maybe I exaggerated just a lil' bit and maybe my statistics aren't properly calculated.
However many a time an acquaintance had told me that they "are not fully black" as if it was something to be ashamed of!
I say that I am fully black, just to make a point. My Mama is black. My Sperm Donor (...fine Daddy) is black, that means I AM BLACK.
I don't count grandparents or great-grandparents because that doesn't account for the majority of my DNA so why are these people doing so?
Black self-hatred of course.
C'mon people. Pull it together.
Good points, but i am ucually of Indian desent

Level 1

Since: May 07

Marion, KS

#4 May 19, 2008
no indian here

“Ha, Topix is full of idiots”

Dublin

#5 May 19, 2008
Ariel wrote:
Although it is true that blacks and Native Americans mixed, there is no good reason for 97% of the black population to be claiming that they are Indians...
Okay maybe I exaggerated just a lil' bit and maybe my statistics aren't properly calculated.
However many a time an acquaintance had told me that they "are not fully black" as if it was something to be ashamed of!
I say that I am fully black, just to make a point. My Mama is black. My Sperm Donor (...fine Daddy) is black, that means I AM BLACK.
I don't count grandparents or great-grandparents because that doesn't account for the majority of my DNA so why are these people doing so?
Black self-hatred of course.
C'mon people. Pull it together.
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but the majority of black people(americans) are mixed with Indians for some reason(well not for some reason, we all know the reason, they "did" it obviously) and white too, but you don't just get black americans claiming their full heritage, white americans do it too. White americans always go on like "my great great great grandmother was a third Irish" or "my granpa's father was Italian". Even though most of the time they are telling the truth, it can be annoying to some people, but seriously, my granny (my black american one) told my dad that her grandfather was half native American

“My Great Grandmother”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 May 19, 2008
Adiemus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but the majority of black people(americans) are mixed with Indians for some reason(well not for some reason, we all know the reason, they "did" it obviously) and white too, but you don't just get black americans claiming their full heritage, white americans do it too. White americans always go on like "my great great great grandmother was a third Irish" or "my grandpa's father was Italian". Even though most of the time they are telling the truth, it can be annoying to some people, but seriously, my granny (my black american one) told my dad that her grandfather was half native American
yes... tell it like it is because they sure do it, and it annoys ppl.

“hello world...”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7 May 19, 2008
I'm part native.

“My future husband!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#8 May 19, 2008
Black foot indian down the line in my family.

“"Living life"”

Since: Oct 07

((Material Status))

#9 May 19, 2008
I'm part indian my grandmother on my dad side mothers mother was native american. Pretty far away thats why I don't go around claiming Native. But some of my grandmas sisters carry native american features.

“hello world...”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 May 19, 2008
only 1/8th cherokee indian though.

“The Beast, they call him”

Level 2

Where the wild things are

#11 May 19, 2008
Half Blackfoot Indian

“Not liked but it's Alright....”

Richmond, VA

#12 May 19, 2008
the correct term is Native American Your only indian if your from India..lol yes my grandmother is of blackfoot heritage.

Level 1

Marion, KS

#13 May 19, 2008
everybody wants to be part indian lol..I do have some indian in me....I some 2 nights ago

“Je ne sais quoi. ”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#14 May 19, 2008
My great-grandmother was half Apache-Choctow and half-black. I check black/African-American just like everybody else.

“Je ne sais quoi. ”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#15 May 19, 2008
Candella88 wrote:
everybody wants to be part indian lol..I do have some indian in me....I some 2 nights ago
Lol. Girl you ain't right.

You probably do have some Native American in you especially since you have creole lineage.

“My Great Grandmother”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 May 19, 2008
Candella88 wrote:
you're wrong, candella. just wrong... j/k, lol

Level 1

Marion, KS

#17 May 19, 2008
lovable1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you're wrong, candella. just wrong... j/k, lol
lol I was just kidding I didn't do anything except kissed him,but I guess that's swapping something.

Level 1

Marion, KS

#18 May 19, 2008
Jackiemona wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Girl you ain't right.
You probably do have some Native American in you especially since you have creole lineage.
most likely on both sides,both traced from louisana and mixed up backgrounds so who know's what I all have.

“the king of his environment”

Level 3

Washington, DC

#19 May 19, 2008
Adiemus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but the majority of black people(americans) are mixed with Indians for some reason(well not for some reason, we all know the reason, they "did" it obviously) and white too, but you don't just get black americans claiming their full heritage, white americans do it too. White americans always go on like "my great great great grandmother was a third Irish" or "my granpa's father was Italian". Even though most of the time they are telling the truth, it can be annoying to some people, but seriously, my granny (my black american one) told my dad that her grandfather was half native American
You definitely look Irish, like Soledad O'Brien. I can see the leprechaun in ye!

Since: Sep 07

Minneapolis, MN

#21 May 19, 2008
A few generations back, my family branches into the Chippewa (aka Ojibway or Anishinabe) people. Several members of my family still have almond-shaped eyes, something you'll notice right away if you look at my picture.

- Heretic

“the king of his environment”

Level 3

Washington, DC

#22 May 19, 2008
Heretic1010 wrote:
A few generations back, my family branches into the Chippewa (aka Ojibway or Anishinabe) people. Several members of my family still have almond-shaped eyes, something you'll notice right away if you look at my picture.
- Heretic
Yes! You are a handsome, well-bred man (with a baby face)!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Major Protesting in Baltimore Right Now 4 min YIM 464
Floyd Merriweather-Thug with 2 jets, 150 cars &... 5 min choco 7
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 5 min Ben YISRAEL 118,107
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 8 min PolakPotrafi 982
Who's gonna win? Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Maywea... 20 min Sadbuttrue 69
Floyd Mayweather bringing boxing to a gay leve... 20 min r truth 2
It took a sistah to lock up dirty cops! now ima... 21 min Jimmy conway 32
Freddie Grey Another Dead Thug 42 min coretta 33
Why do I hate white people so much? 2 hr Lisa Ann 68
More from around the web