Africans discovered the AMERICA befor...

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6887 Aug 18, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, you MUST be an Egyptian, because of course you're too f'ing good to be an Igbo or Mandinke or Yoruba... That's not nearly exotic enough. You built pyramids! You were Cleopatra! You were Helen of Troy! You were the Queen of Sheba!
Oh no, not just some West African... do you have the same image of them that white racists have? Hanging from trees, eating bananas, saying “ooga-booga”?
Who said I had an issue with any West African culture?? I wish schools would actually educate their students about West Africa instead of the same ol' Renaissance in Europe.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#6888 Aug 18, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Afro-Asiatic is African an origin meaning The ORIGINAL Berbers were Black African. Unless you believe White Berbers migrated from East Africa & INFLUENCED all the Africans who are Afro-Asiatic speakers.
Nope. Even if Afroasiatic is of African origin, that doesn't tell us who the Berbers were. Like I said, people can adopt languages from other people.

The problem is that there was no migration of African into the Maghreb at the time when they'd have had to receive this Afroasiatic language... but there WERE migrations from the Mideast at the appropriate time.

Once again, the evidence favors a Mideastern origin for Afroasiatic, just as the Mideastern origin of the Berbers is proven.

We have the DNA evidence! What about this can't you grasp? Multiple tests, done on remains over the entire 30,000 yr period! All showing predominantly Eurasian ancestry!

Give it up, damn.

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6889 Aug 18, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone with a degree is always right?
And you're ignoring the basic problem... that script didn't exist in Olmec time!!!
This is the problem with linguists---they ignore the archaeological evidence. Just as they ignore the evidence for Olmec being a Mayan language. They look only at the language itself.
In any case, he's wrong. He's not the first person with a degree to be wrong.
Well I will know this when The Olmec language is confirmed by another linguists. I will be waiting.

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6890 Aug 18, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaningless. Slavs have high % of O. So they must be Mande Hebrew Moorish Olmec too!!!
Actually Native Americans have the highest % which mean they are direct descendants from the oldest PPL. Isn't that what they say about The Basque who has O-Blood...

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6891 Aug 18, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Even if Afroasiatic is of African origin, that doesn't tell us who the Berbers were.
The Berbers are defined by their Berber language which is Afro-Asiatic & the 1st speakers of Afro-Asiatic were Black Africans.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#6892 Aug 18, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I had an issue with any West African culture?? I wish schools would actually educate their students about West Africa instead of the same ol' Renaissance in Europe.
West African culture should be taught, definitely. Of course it must NOT be taught that the Olmecs were other than Native Americans... that would be very racist.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#6893 Aug 18, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
The Berbers are defined by their Berber language which is Afro-Asiatic & the 1st speakers of Afro-Asiatic were Black Africans.
You keep stating that, but have no proof of it.

Anyway, regardless of language, we know with certainty that the Berbers were predominantly Eurasian for 30,000 years.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#6894 Aug 18, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Native Americans have the highest % which mean they are direct descendants from the oldest PPL. Isn't that what they say about The Basque who has O-Blood...
Direct descendants of the oldest people? EVERYONE is a direct descendant of the oldest people, so that makes no sense.

Basques descend mostly from Cro-Magnon. They're not OLDER than other European component types, they've just been in Europe longer.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#6895 Aug 18, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
This is based on Leo Wiener work who claimed Olmecs spoke a Mande language. If he's wrong, I will simply accept this as I wouldn't argue against FACTS but I argue because I don't understand why no linguists has corrected his work if it BS.
Actually he was critiqued, and pretty much dismissed way back in 1920, the same time period Wiener published his book, by the American Anthropologist Association. Read for yourself:

"This unquestionably interesting but in many ways unfortunate volume presents the reviewer with something of a puzzle, for a careful reading presents one in doubt as to whether the author really intended his work to be taken as a serious contribution, or has attempted to perpetrate a rather elaborate jest. For while he ahs brought together material of much interest and arrives at startling conclusions, there is, especially in his later chapters, so much in the way of unsubstantiated assupmtion, hasty correlation, false reasoning, misunderstanding and misrepresentation of sources and evident lack of familiarity with the results of American archaeology that it is difficult to take the volume seriously." pp.178 American Anthropologist Volume 22

This passage was speaking in reference to Wiener's "Africa and the discovery of America. Volume 1"

One thing you aught to ask yourself is, why are you going by the words of a beginning-of-the-last-century "linguist", as opposed to modern-day linguists? And no, Winters is a fraud, not a linguist.

I mean seriously, 1920? You just got finished explaining how much of the information they are finding out about the Olmecs is RECENT.

Wiener is outdated. Sertima relied on outdated theories because those were the only ones that would support his arguments. And we still don't know where Wuthenau got his "collection", no controlled sites, that's for sure.

I mean geez, ISN'T THIS STUFF STARTING TO ADD UP BY NOW!?

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6896 Aug 18, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Direct descendants of the oldest people? EVERYONE is a direct descendant of the oldest people, so that makes no sense.
Basques descend mostly from Cro-Magnon. They're not OLDER than other European component types, they've just been in Europe longer.
It does make sense. O Blood is the oldest type for Humans & Africans have the oldest MTDNA.

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6897 Aug 18, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep stating that, but have no proof of it.
Anyway, regardless of language, we know with certainty that the Berbers were predominantly Eurasian for 30,000 years.
Yes Studies show Berbers (Black Africans) were in Africa 30,000 not Eurasians. Berber & Eurasian are NOT the same.

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6898 Aug 18, 2012
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he was critiqued, and pretty much dismissed way back in 1920, the same time period Wiener published his book, by the American Anthropologist Association. Read for yourself:
"This unquestionably interesting but in many ways unfortunate volume presents the reviewer with something of a puzzle, for a careful reading presents one in doubt as to whether the author really intended his work to be taken as a serious contribution, or has attempted to perpetrate a rather elaborate jest. For while he ahs brought together material of much interest and arrives at startling conclusions, there is, especially in his later chapters, so much in the way of unsubstantiated assupmtion, hasty correlation, false reasoning, misunderstanding and misrepresentation of sources and evident lack of familiarity with the results of American archaeology that it is difficult to take the volume seriously." pp.178 American Anthropologist Volume 22
This passage was speaking in reference to Wiener's "Africa and the discovery of America. Volume 1"
One thing you aught to ask yourself is, why are you going by the words of a beginning-of-the-last-century "linguist", as opposed to modern-day linguists? And no, Winters is a fraud, not a linguist.
I mean seriously, 1920? You just got finished explaining how much of the information they are finding out about the Olmecs is RECENT.
Wiener is outdated. Sertima relied on outdated theories because those were the only ones that would support his arguments. And we still don't know where Wuthenau got his "collection", no controlled sites, that's for sure.
I mean geez, ISN'T THIS STUFF STARTING TO ADD UP BY NOW!?
Well who would this modern linguists be?? I mean I have been waiting for someone to list a modern linguist who has deciphered The Olmec language. It would be more effective than simply stating how dated or terrible someone else work is.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#6899 Aug 18, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Well who would this modern linguists be?? I mean I have been waiting for someone to list a modern linguist who has deciphered The Olmec language. It would be more effective than simply stating how dated or terrible someone else work is.
There are a bunch of scripts that haven't been deciphered. Zapotec, Quipu, Mixtec...Olmec is just one of them, and that's just in the Americas, there's more in the Old World. So what?

You keep trying to make it seem as though the lack of a script being deciphered somehow makes it "possible" that an African created it.

You have no idea how much sense that doesn't make. Why are you even relating the Olmecs to Africans at all? Because you think the heads look "African. You found some quirky internet articles or read some Sertima or Winters nonsense, and now you think you have something to hold onto because of a language enigma. Well, you no longer have Olmec architecture to fall back on without contradicting yourself. You no longer have Wiener to fall back on, since that's your only source, and all the other "sources" rely on Wiener. Archaeological evidence has pretty much neutered any hopes for a trans Atlantic journey. No cultural relations. No architectural relations.

In other words. what argument do you really have for ANY relation between the Olmecs and Africans? You might as well try and see if you can find a Cushitic origin for the Tang Dynasty.

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6900 Aug 18, 2012
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a bunch of scripts that haven't been deciphered. Zapotec, Quipu, Mixtec...Olmec is just one of them, and that's just in the Americas, there's more in the Old World. So what?
You keep trying to make it seem as though the lack of a script being deciphered somehow makes it "possible" that an African created it.
You have no idea how much sense that doesn't make. Why are you even relating the Olmecs to Africans at all? Because you think the heads look "African. You found some quirky internet articles or read some Sertima or Winters nonsense, and now you think you have something to hold onto because of a language enigma. Well, you no longer have Olmec architecture to fall back on without contradicting yourself. You no longer have Wiener to fall back on, since that's your only source, and all the other "sources" rely on Wiener. Archaeological evidence has pretty much neutered any hopes for a trans Atlantic journey. No cultural relations. No architectural relations.
In other words. what argument do you really have for ANY relation between the Olmecs and Africans? You might as well try and see if you can find a Cushitic origin for the Tang Dynasty.
It's also nonsense how someone who has no work of their own to present can critique someone else work. If their work is so terrible & dated, it would make more sense to present your own work to highlight all their flaws which would give all those scholars who have written books less credibility.

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#6901 Aug 18, 2012
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a bunch of scripts that haven't been deciphered. Zapotec, Quipu, Mixtec...Olmec is just one of them, and that's just in the Americas, there's more in the Old World. So what?
Their language has been deciphered. How else did linguists come to the conclusion that Olmec language was neither Mayan or Mixe-Zoque.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#6902 Aug 19, 2012
Redefined wrote:
It's also nonsense how someone who has no work of their own to present can critique someone else work. If their work is so terrible & dated, it would make more sense to present your own work to highlight all their flaws which would give all those scholars who have written books less credibility.
No, what's nonsense is you people who try to argue a baseless case and think that it's valid, just because you think it should be. It doesn't work like that.

It was the American Anthropological Association who critiqued Wiener for displaying a "misunderstanding and misrepresentation of sources", not me. As far as Sertima, no archaeologist anthropologist or linguist whose specialty is Olmec/Mesoamerican/ culture agrees with any Olmec being of African origin or any Olmec language being of African origin. If there is, point him out. I can definitely point out, by name, who DISagrees with Sertimas work.
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Their language has been deciphered. How else did linguists come to the conclusion that Olmec language was neither Mayan or Mixe-Zoque.
What linguists are you talking about? What were there reasons for saying this? Post your source. By whom has the language been deciphered? And what was it deciphered as? Mande? Name one modern reputable specialist Mesoamerican who, through his own independent research, confirms this, and then post that source.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#6903 Aug 19, 2012
"reputable specialist Mesoamerican"

I meant to say specialist in Mesoamerican history.
trollslayer

Munster, IN

#6904 Aug 19, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't matter where a people's language came from. Afroasiatic likely did NOT come from East Africa.
That's how simplistic people in here think. I have a Castilian made-up screen name,
You damn fool. Olmecs came BEFORE Mayans.Many scholars have said "Berber" language/ Afroasiatic originates from E. Africa. It was not brought in from outside of Africa.

"made-up" is the only thing we can believe about you.
trollslayer

Munster, IN

#6905 Aug 19, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not ever notice how ridiculous this is? Y'all will jump at any imagined similarity. And you're arguing that the Olmecs were Mande, Egyptian, and who else? Oh yeah, their script was Libyco-Berber. How many other DIFFERENT African people will you desperately attempt to connect to the Olmec? You don't care about evidence... ANY Africans will do!
Not working. You can talk crap online all you like, but the fact is I do have an education in these matters, and you do not. That is obvious.
The FACT that YOU have to say you have a "education" means YOU don't.

People have all types of evidence to the table you finally bring a tourist article to the table as "law & gospel" and think that will tear down the evidence of the long list of scholars we provided.
like this guy:

"Rafinesque (1832) published an important paper on the Mayan writing that helped in the decipherment of the Olmec Writing. In this paper he discussed the fact that when the Mayan glyphs were broken down into their constituent parts, they were analogous to the ancient Libyco-Berber writing. "
trollslayer

Munster, IN

#6906 Aug 19, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I will know this when The Olmec language is confirmed by another linguists. I will be waiting.
Oldest Writing in New World Discovered, Scientists Say

" The tablet bears a total of 62 symbols arranged in horizontal rows—unusual for Mesoamerican scripts, which typically use vertical rows. The writing system appears completely unrelated to others in Mesoamerica, such as Mayan writing. "

http://www.google.com/url...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I offer my sympathies to blacks who have to liv... 5 min T BOS 11
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min dem 1,263,759
Are white people aware of white privilege? 7 min PolakPotrafi 152
post a black rapist everyday thread 8 min Sir Jethro 5
Slavery was not a trade 16 min PATRIOT DVC 9
Why do Nigerian men target American women to ch... (Aug '12) 17 min nopoliticalcorrec... 273
George Zimmerman says he’s homeless and sufferi... 21 min T-BOS 3
Africans did not sell their own 1 hr selina london 75
All women prefer white men (Jan '15) 1 hr TranshumanX 5,641
Why are most white people racist? 2 hr enoch powell 2,117
white women are the prettiest, black women are ... 8 hr LMFBOSH 249
More from around the web