Afrikaners are not African, not up fo...
Ebony

Walsall, UK

#25 Jan 20, 2013
Real African wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised if 'soothsayer' is a typical Afrikaner who bashes, vilifies and avoids blacks, probably has no black friends and NEVER socializes with blacks but still identifies as African and like a typical arrogant Afrikaner insists all blacks see him as one.
I bet he talks down to any blacks he come across, because it is obvious he does not like the true Africans but like you say still wants to be include as African.
Ebony

Walsall, UK

#26 Jan 20, 2013
Ethio wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah? Then why is African listed as a race in official South African government documents? There are four races in South Africa and they are as follows: African, Asian, Coloured and white. "Black people" have been in South Africa for millenniums. There is concrete archaeological proof of this.
The ANC does indeed have race classification laws which is why many Nazikaners are upset because they INSIST that they too are African, that is why so many Nazikaners keep bitching and whinging about it all the time, they just wont stop. They really do have a sense of entitlement.

Note how the Coloureds as Indians rarely complain about ANC race classification laws even though they too are not recognised as Africans.
Partisan

Walsall, UK

#27 Jan 22, 2013
jew debbil box merchant wrote:
so, if they aren't African, blacks in the USA aren't American.
Blacks in Europe are not European.
fair enough?
Blacks ARE American so whatever
Afrikaners suck

Stourbridge, UK

#28 Jan 25, 2013
I can't stand them they are so arrogant the African identity belongs to blacks only and no whites especially the racist Afrikaners have no claim to that identity, because it is not even theirs to begin with

There is no place for them in the African family and we are not making any room for them.
jimmy

Southampton, UK

#30 Mar 10, 2013
Afrikaners suck wrote:
I can't stand them they are so arrogant the African identity belongs to blacks only and no whites especially the racist Afrikaners have no claim to that identity, because it is not even theirs to begin with
There is no place for them in the African family and we are not making any room for them.
Why do you negros behave like the world owes you everything cause your skin colour aint white?
Hillary

Walsall, UK

#31 Mar 19, 2013
Afrikaners should not be incclued as African Americans becuase their ancestors did not come to to US in slave ships and chains, they were never enslaved, they never went through jim crow, mob lynchings, they never endured what Real African Americans endured, they never had to fight for civil rights and to be treated with human dignity and respect, if anything they sided with the Southern segregationists.

How many Afrikaners have been stopped and pulled over by the police, do they have trouble getting a cab in cities like New York, do they get followed ina department store, do they have to worry about being attacked by Neo Nazi skinheads no they dont. These problems dont exist for them.
Capy

Durbanville, South Africa

#32 Apr 19, 2013
Hillary wrote:
Afrikaners should not be incclued as African Americans becuase their ancestors did not come to to US in slave ships and chains, they were never enslaved, they never went through jim crow, mob lynchings, they never endured what Real African Americans endured, they never had to fight for civil rights and to be treated with human dignity and respect, if anything they sided with the Southern segregationists.
How many Afrikaners have been stopped and pulled over by the police, do they have trouble getting a cab in cities like New York, do they get followed ina department store, do they have to worry about being attacked by Neo Nazi skinheads no they dont. These problems dont exist for them.
As an Afrikaner, I agree with you on this. I see African-Americans as a proud people with a shared culture, history and even language (well, dialect). They have the shared experiences of coming from relatively recent slaves, they felt discrimination similar to Apartheid and they continue to carve an identity for themselves as Americans. I see them as no less American as other Americans and as no less entitled to their African roots either. If I moved to the USA, I would identify myself as South African, purely because that is what my ID says. My ethnicity is French/German/Norwegian etc. I have never even considered that I'm of African ethnicity. From Africa yes, but not African.

[I should mention that many Afrikaners, ironically, did suffer under Apartheid, just not nearly as much as non-whites. We also had to fight for women's rights, for freedom of expression and if we fell in love with non-whites, we also fought for those relationships. And the number of Afrikaners who are liberal are not as small as you might think. Many opposed Apartheid and celebrated its downfall. Many were appalled by the system from the beginning.]

My grandfather (a proud man and Afrikaner) was nearly killed for opposing the evil and elitist Apartheid regime. My mom grew up in poverty because my grandparents continued standing up for others' rights. Please never make the mistake of thinking all Afrikaners are the same. Many are very decent people who wish to see SA prosper.

I am boggled by the absolute fury of the original poster, though.
When do Afrikaners claim to be African? Most I know usually say they are South African, merely because that's what their IDs says.
Remember that "African" in Afrikaans is "Afrikaan" and Afrikaner itself means "Afrikaans speaking white" or "living in Africa". By calling ourselves Afrikaners we are certainly not trying to steal the identity Africans wish to cling to.

I can presume to say what Afrikaners believe and say, but it won't mean anything. There are too many of us. The Afrikaners where I'm from are nothing like the Boere up North. Those right wing idiots have a complete different culture. This animosity has existed since well before the Anglo-Boer War. Believe me when I say that I find them more appalling then any of you do. They give me a bad name, simply because we speak the same language.

It is obvious that the OP has serious issues, and I'm sorry to hear that. But keep in mind that you are not currently living the nightmare that is post-Apartheid SA. All of us, black and white and whatever, are suffering from crime and corruption. If you think all Afrikaners are like Nazi's, well, then you will end up making yourself very miserable.

And the next time you meet a "Nazikaner", spit on him for me. I will do the same for you down here in SA, promise ;-D

Yes, it might be strange that people suddenly find Afrikaners not as racist as before and even pleasant. Keep in mind that most Afrikaners alive today were to young to have any say or vote in the Apartheid regime. We grew up with the same principles as any other average Joe and Jane around the world.

By all means continue to vent against the racists in SA, but keep in mind that they are not limited to just the Afrikaners.
Capy

Parow, South Africa

#33 Apr 19, 2013
Hillary wrote:
Afrikaners should not be incclued as African Americans becuase their ancestors did not come to to US in slave ships and chains, they were never enslaved, they never went through jim crow, mob lynchings, they never endured what Real African Americans endured, they never had to fight for civil rights and to be treated with human dignity and respect, if anything they sided with the Southern segregationists.
How many Afrikaners have been stopped and pulled over by the police, do they have trouble getting a cab in cities like New York, do they get followed ina department store, do they have to worry about being attacked by Neo Nazi skinheads no they dont. These problems dont exist for them.
As an Afrikaner, I agree with you on this. I see African-Americans as a proud people with a shared culture, history and even language (well, dialect). They have the shared experiences of coming from relatively recent slaves, they felt discrimination similar to Apartheid and they continue to carve an identity for themselves as Americans. I see them as no less American as other Americans and as no less entitled to their African roots either. If I moved to the USA, I would identify myself as South African, purely because that is what my ID says. My ethnicity is French/German/Norwegian etc. I have never even considered that I'm of African ethnicity. From Africa yes, but not African.

[I should mention that many Afrikaners, ironically, did suffer under Apartheid, just not nearly as much as non-whites. We also had to fight for women's rights, for freedom of expression and if we fell in love with non-whites, we also fought for those relationships. And the number of Afrikaners who are liberal are not nearly as small as you might think. Many opposed Apartheid and celebrated its downfall. Many were appalled by the system from the beginning.]

My grandfather (a proud man and Afrikaner) was nearly killed for opposing the evil and elitist Apartheid regime. My mom grew up in poverty because my grandparents continued standing up for others' rights. Please never make the mistake of thinking all Afrikaners are the same. Many are very decent people who wish to see SA prosper.

I am boggled by the absolute fury of the original poster, though.
When do Afrikaners claim to be African? Most I know usually say they are South African, merely because that's what their IDs says.
Remember that "African" in Afrikaans is "Afrikaan" and Afrikaner itself means "Afrikaans speaking white" or "living in Africa". By calling ourselves Afrikaners we are certainly not trying to steal the identity Africans wish to cling to.

I can presume to say what Afrikaners believe and say, but it won't mean anything. There are too many of us. The Afrikaners where I'm from are nothing like the Boere up North. Those right wing idiots have a complete different culture. This animosity has existed since well before the Anglo-Boer War. Believe me when I say that I find them more appalling then any of you do. They give me a bad name, simply because we speak the same language.

It is obvious that the OP has serious issues, and I'm sorry to hear that. But keep in mind that you are not currently living the nightmare that is post-Apartheid SA. All of us, black and white and whatever, are suffering from crime and corruption. If you think all Afrikaners are like Nazi's, well, then you will end up making yourself very miserable.

And the next time you meet a "Nazikaner", spit on him for me. I will do the same for you down here in SA, promise ;-D

Yes, it might be strange that people suddenly find Afrikaners not as racist as before and even pleasant. Keep in mind that most Afrikaners alive today were to young to have any say or vote in the Apartheid regime. We grew up with the same principles as any other average Joe and Jane around the world.

By all means continue to vent against the racists in SA, but keep in mind that they are not limited to just the Afrikaners.
Caribbean Women

London, UK

#34 May 13, 2013
Capy wrote:
<quoted text>
As an Afrikaner, I agree with you on this. I see African-Americans as a proud people with a shared culture, history and even language (well, dialect). They have the shared experiences of coming from relatively recent slaves, they felt discrimination similar to Apartheid and they continue to carve an identity for themselves as Americans. I see them as no less American as other Americans and as no less entitled to their African roots either. If I moved to the USA, I would identify myself as South African, purely because that is what my ID says. My ethnicity is French/German/Norwegian etc. I have never even considered that I'm of African ethnicity. From Africa yes, but not African.
[I should mention that many Afrikaners, ironically, did suffer under Apartheid, just not nearly as much as non-whites. We also had to fight for women's rights, for freedom of expression and if we fell in love with non-whites, we also fought for those relationships. And the number of Afrikaners who are liberal are not nearly as small as you might think. Many opposed Apartheid and celebrated its downfall. Many were appalled by the system from the beginning.]
My grandfather (a proud man and Afrikaner) was nearly killed for opposing the evil and elitist Apartheid regime. My mom grew up in poverty because my grandparents continued standing up for others' rights. Please never make the mistake of thinking all Afrikaners are the same. Many are very decent people who wish to see SA prosper.
I am boggled by the absolute fury of the original poster, though.
When do Afrikaners claim to be African? Most I know usually say they are South African, merely because that's what their IDs says.
Remember that "African" in Afrikaans is "Afrikaan" and Afrikaner itself means "Afrikaans speaking white" or "living in Africa". By calling ourselves Afrikaners we are certainly not trying to steal the identity Africans wish to cling to.
I can presume to say what Afrikaners believe and say, but it won't mean anything. There are too many of us. The Afrikaners where I'm from are nothing like the Boere up North. Those right wing idiots have a complete different culture. This animosity has existed since well before the Anglo-Boer War. Believe me when I say that I find them more appalling then any of you do. They give me a bad name, simply because we speak the same language.
It is obvious that the OP has serious issues, and I'm sorry to hear that. But keep in mind that you are not currently living the nightmare that is post-Apartheid SA. All of us, black and white and whatever, are suffering from crime and corruption. If you think all Afrikaners are like Nazi's, well, then you will end up making yourself very miserable.
And the next time you meet a "Nazikaner", spit on him for me. I will do the same for you down here in SA, promise ;-D
Yes, it might be strange that people suddenly find Afrikaners not as racist as before and even pleasant. Keep in mind that most Afrikaners alive today were to young to have any say or vote in the Apartheid regime. We grew up with the same principles as any other average Joe and Jane around the world.
By all means continue to vent against the racists in SA, but keep in mind that they are not limited to just the Afrikaners.
Wow what a post I never expected to read something like this, this is amazing many if not most Afrikaners(including racist ones), very arrogantly expect to be automatically accepted as African but you are different, you at least seem to understand why blacks from Africa are reluctant to include your people people as African and it has nothing to to with racism or bigotry as some of your fellow Afrikaners suggest but more to do with bloodline and politics.
African Americans suffered a great deal in their turbulent history and are still facing racism today despite Barrack Obama being president.
Dave Neidlow

Brooks, KY

#35 Aug 14, 2013
Caribbean Women wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a post I never expected to read something like this, this is amazing many if not most Afrikaners(including racist ones), very arrogantly expect to be automatically accepted as African but you are different, you at least seem to understand why blacks from Africa are reluctant to include your people people as African and it has nothing to to with racism or bigotry as some of your fellow Afrikaners suggest but more to do with bloodline and politics.
African Americans suffered a great deal in their turbulent history and are still facing racism today despite Barrack Obama being president.
Slavery has been abolished for over 140 years, there is not one black person still living that witnessed any of it, and to say that "their" still facing racism today is a slap in the face to every race there is, because their just as racist as any ethnic out there you stupid fuck.
WranglerJoey27

Fort Worth, TX

#36 Aug 14, 2013
If you are born in North America, then that makes you a North American. If you are born in Mexico, then that makes you Mexican. Afrikaners were born in South Africa, therefore it makes them South Africans by nationality and since S.A. is on the continent of Africa, if they are born there, then they are Africans. Many Afrikaners have never even set foot onto Europeans soil nor do many know Europeans traditions so they relate more to where they were born and raised. Are African Americans deserving to be called Americans? If you're answer is yes, then you clearly don't understand the simple concept of citizenship. Afrikaners obviously have Dutch ancestry due to the colonialism, but they are still Africans if they are born on African soil.
Ebony

London, UK

#37 Aug 31, 2013
Dave Neidlow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery has been abolished for over 140 years, there is not one black person still living that witnessed any of it, and to say that "their" still facing racism today is a slap in the face to every race there is, because their just as racist as any ethnic out there you stupid fuck.
Why don't you piss off to the Anglo American this forum is not KKK trash like you why don't you redneck scumbags stay away from black forums.
Ebony

London, UK

#38 Aug 31, 2013
WranglerJoey27 wrote:
If you are born in North America, then that makes you a North American. If you are born in Mexico, then that makes you Mexican. Afrikaners were born in South Africa, therefore it makes them South Africans by nationality and since S.A. is on the continent of Africa, if they are born there, then they are Africans. Many Afrikaners have never even set foot onto Europeans soil nor do many know Europeans traditions so they relate more to where they were born and raised. Are African Americans deserving to be called Americans? If you're answer is yes, then you clearly don't understand the simple concept of citizenship. Afrikaners obviously have Dutch ancestry due to the colonialism, but they are still Africans if they are born on African soil.
Those Nazis are not fellow Africans you got that, I am sick of arrogant white Americans sticking their beaks in on this issue, if we say the Afrikaners are not African then they are not African
Just mind you own damn business and butt out. Afrikaners are the ENEMY.

We don't give a damn if the Nazikaners were born in Africa or how long they have been in Africa their they are not part of the African family.
monkey see monkey steal

UK

#39 Aug 31, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I am putting this to rest once and for all.
no you aren't, they are africans from africa. not all africans are congoloid chimpzillerees , you know. Egyptians and algerians aren't negros eithet, and they come from Africa.
Al Sharpton

Toronto, Canada

#40 Aug 31, 2013
Easy solution.

kill the bhulu, kill the boer.
monkey see monkey steal

UK

#41 Aug 31, 2013
Ebony wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you piss off to the Anglo American this forum is not KKK trash like you why don't you redneck scumbags stay away from black forums.
anyone can come on here to observe your monkeyshines and stupid thought processes. do you know when slavery ended? read a book.
Ebony

London, UK

#42 Sep 2, 2013
monkey see monkey steal wrote:
<quoted text>no you aren't, they are africans from africa. not all africans are congoloid chimpzillerees , you know. Egyptians and algerians aren't negros eithet, and they come from Africa.
Yes Nazi Bonehead you are right the Egyptians,Tunisians and Moroccans are indeed African but as for those Nazikaners from South Africa who are the enemy, we will NEVER include them as African not in a million years.

Oh, for your information I recently went to an African heritage event we had a Moroccan and two Egyptians attend the event, we welcomed them with open arms and greeted them as fellow Africans so what do you say to that.

It is not about skin colour. Please learn to spell
STILLBLACK

Cape Town, South Africa

#43 Sep 2, 2013
Afrikaners are not African, not even close. They're some of the most racist, rude and just in general crappy people. I hate white people with a passion, but I'd rejoice if I saw an Afrikaner burnt alive. They have no place in Africa, no body likes them, not even Indians and we all know how Indians worship white people.
Afrikaners all should just commit mass suicide that way they'll have paid their debt to the continent.
Ebony

London, UK

#45 Oct 2, 2013
STILLBLACK wrote:
Afrikaners are not African, not even close. They're some of the most racist, rude and just in general crappy people. I hate white people with a passion, but I'd rejoice if I saw an Afrikaner burnt alive. They have no place in Africa, no body likes them, not even Indians and we all know how Indians worship white people.
Afrikaners all should just commit mass suicide that way they'll have paid their debt to the continent.
I just want them to stop saying they African how can they be African when their roots are in Europe what African language do they speak do they feel any kinship with the true African nope they always stay away from the real Africans.

They are Europeans and always will be Europeans.
Dr Irony

Cape Town, South Africa

#46 Nov 1, 2013
The irony in you is strong like bull, you say you don't like Afrikaners because they are racist and then you say you hate white people.

If your statements above ring true then all the American blacks and British blacks have to return to Africa and leave the states.

So when are you going to start packing you racist twat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Egyptians in Egypt 1 min African AE 445
brothas, is the fact that women prefer wm makin... 2 min lpp 51
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Renaissance Writer 1,275,916
I hate being a light skin man (Nov '14) 10 min lpp 12
Educated AAM/AAW don't matter to a racist. 10 min Pos-Neg 1
Trump will destroy America ! 24 min TheOriginalDoby 119
White men are better lovers? 25 min wm12a 487
REPARATIONS: They Will Be Paid Sooner Or Later (Jan '15) 1 hr Coretta 1,065
Healing The Black Race... 2 hr ohReally 344
I hate blackwomen with a passion!! 3 hr Hellywood 38
More from around the web