First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jan 2, 2009
My friends and I were discussing sex the other day and it occurred to me how opinions on virginity seem to differ a lot now then what I remember when I was a lot younger. It's almost considered a negative thing to have not had sex before.

A few of my friends refuse to date virgins because they say virgins are too clingy and inexperienced.

Another one of my friends said he had no problem dating a virgin UNTIL he got with this pretty virgin girl and said it was the WORST sex he has ever had. He even said he had to fake an orgasm because it was just that bad.

Another one of my friends dated some conservative christian and muslim girls and he said for the most part, he didn't stay with them long because for them, even kissing was "sinful." He says now that the only way he will talk to a girl is if she has seen at least one d!ck in her life before him.

This is very different to when I was younger and it sounded like a virgin was the ideal woman. Now, my friends would never want to get involved with a virgin.

Have you guys noticed this trend too ?
From me to you

San Rafael, CA

#2 Jan 2, 2009
Yes. But it depends hugely on your surroundings (must be supportive) and who that person (the virgin) associates with.
MDJ

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Jan 2, 2009
I think being a virgin is important. And i think it's even more important when the young men and women choose to abstain, from sex.(I know, that most won't but i do think it's great when i hear that they do).

It's creepy to me when someone chooses to be the virgin's first..........and they expect the virgin, to be experience. And then, cry how bad the sex was later. Don't get that.........she's a VIRGIN!!! lol!!!!!

And when you are much older and a virgin, i don't think people care as much.

Since: Nov 08

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jan 2, 2009
MDJ wrote:
I think being a virgin is important. And i think it's even more important when the young men and women choose to abstain, from sex.(I know, that most won't but i do think it's great when i hear that they do).
It's creepy to me when someone chooses to be the virgin's first..........and they expect the virgin, to be experience. And then, cry how bad the sex was later. Don't get that.........she's a VIRGIN!!! lol!!!!!
And when you are much older and a virgin, i don't think people care as much.
True, but I'm starting to notice a trend where, in the past, guys would want to marry virgins, NOW, they don't want virgins because they feel it will be too much work, stress and just not worth it. Having a virgin doesn't seem to be the prize it once was here....unless you are a really religious guy and even then, it's not as serious as it used to be.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#5 Jan 2, 2009
Just love that person for them, stop going on how good the sex might be.
emergen

Browns Mills, NJ

#7 Jan 2, 2009
Nowadays, guys are dumb.
From me to you

San Rafael, CA

#8 Jan 2, 2009
emergen wrote:
Nowadays, guys are dumb.
Nowadays? j/k

*giggles*
emergen

Browns Mills, NJ

#9 Jan 2, 2009
That why most relationships are bullshit
Divorce rates are sky high. It will only increase

Virgins should just sit back and laugh.
MDJ

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#10 Jan 2, 2009
king_spade wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but I'm starting to notice a trend where, in the past, guys would want to marry virgins, NOW, they don't want virgins because they feel it will be too much work, stress and just not worth it. Having a virgin doesn't seem to be the prize it once was here....unless you are a really religious guy and even then, it's not as serious as it used to be.
This is true. I agree!

“Engaged :)”

Since: Aug 07

UK

#11 Jan 2, 2009
I think it is. I actually have the upmost respect for virgins because they obviously have a lot more respect for their bodies and see it as a temple, not saying non virgins don't...shit, i'm not a virgin.

Since: Aug 08

Weston, CT

#12 Jan 2, 2009
king_spade wrote:
My friends and I were discussing sex the other day and it occurred to me how opinions on virginity seem to differ a lot now then what I remember when I was a lot younger. It's almost considered a negative thing to have not had sex before.
A few of my friends refuse to date virgins because they say virgins are too clingy and inexperienced.
Another one of my friends said he had no problem dating a virgin UNTIL he got with this pretty virgin girl and said it was the WORST sex he has ever had. He even said he had to fake an orgasm because it was just that bad.
Another one of my friends dated some conservative christian and muslim girls and he said for the most part, he didn't stay with them long because for them, even kissing was "sinful." He says now that the only way he will talk to a girl is if she has seen at least one d!ck in her life before him.
This is very different to when I was younger and it sounded like a virgin was the ideal woman. Now, my friends would never want to get involved with a virgin.
Have you guys noticed this trend too ?
Being a virgin is still the ideal woman to me...
It's sad that some guys dislike virgins now a days...

Back in the days that was what every guy wanted...
I mean take a look @ the movie..
"The Best Man"

But in those days guys wanted virgins not because of how nice it is internally, but because their 'gates of heaven' would be "tight"
which is already a bad reason to want a virgin...

So basically they either wanted a virgin or not just to please their sexual needs...
Guys are just dogs man..lol

As for me I'm a virgin, and waiting until marriage...
I've been tempted numerous amount of times, but have managed to still keep my status..lol

And wether a guy likes it or not..
Oh Well...
it's my decision.

But I usually encourage my women friends to wait until marriage because guys are dumb heartbreakers..

Most of them value nothing of a woman.

Since: Nov 08

Toronto, Canada

#13 Jan 2, 2009
QueenofTheNile wrote:
Just love that person for them, stop going on how good the sex might be.
Agreed, but to some people, sex is a VERY important part of the relationship. Some couples who are very sexually active are much happier then if you put one of those partners with a virgin. People just have different needs I guess.

Since: May 07

Fort Washington, MD

#14 Jan 2, 2009
Yes, but you know the way how our teens in this society think lowly of and ridicule virgins and think they are better than their peers for getting laid around the age of 15. They take it as it if it's some sort of impressive accomplishment to have sex before marriage, and real men and women that are virgins aren't afraid of abstinence and don't base their manhood and womanhood on how many sexual partners they had as a teen.
emergen

Browns Mills, NJ

#15 Jan 2, 2009
Jozye wrote:
<quoted text> Being a virgin is still the ideal woman to me...
It's sad that some guys dislike virgins now a days...
Back in the days that was what every guy wanted...
I mean take a look @ the movie..
"The Best Man"
But in those days guys wanted virgins not because of how nice it is internally, but because their 'gates of heaven' would be "tight"
which is already a bad reason to want a virgin...
So basically they either wanted a virgin or not just to please their sexual needs...
Guys are just dogs man..lol
As for me I'm a virgin, and waiting until marriage...
I've been tempted numerous amount of times, but have managed to still keep my status..lol
And wether a guy likes it or not..
Oh Well...
it's my decision.
But I usually encourage my women friends to wait until marriage because guys are dumb heartbreakers..
Most of them value nothing of a woman.
Good Post

I'm virgin myself.

“let it all hang OUT”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

yo mamas bed.

#16 Jan 2, 2009
Sex with a Virgin Sucks though

Since: Nov 08

Toronto, Canada

#17 Jan 2, 2009
JAY wrote:
Maybe our morals as people as just gone?
emergen wrote:
Nowadays, guys are dumb.
emergen wrote:
That why most relationships are bullshit
Divorce rates are sky high. It will only increase
Virgins should just sit back and laugh.
That's the thing though, to these guys, it isn't about morals or being dumb. One of my friends treat his woman better than most men I have ever seen but he tells me that he probably would not be with her if she was waiting till marriage. He's a moral guy, a positive guy and does a lot of community work. He's faithful to his woman and all that. He just wants sex to be a part of his relationship.

I also think another reason why it changed is because virginity is no longer a sign of a "good woman." I know some non virgin girls who, when they are with a man, that's their man and have his back to the end. And I know some religious (both christian and muslim) virgin girls who are rude, insensitive, gold digging and use their virginity as a way to play with men's minds (pretending to be ready to give it up whenever she wants something and then, once she gets it, claiming she ain't ready).

Things have changed for sure, but with this, I can't put it all on "Guys have no morals anymore, guys are dumb." Some guys are really like "look, I like sex, love and affection, if you are about that, we can work, if not, move over."

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#18 Jan 2, 2009
I've been pressured to give it up, but I've never been tempted. Ain't nothing cute about being pregnant or having an std. Condoms aren't 100% safe. Men will talk about a girl's stuff to his guys, I've heard them do it before.
Skeptic

Worcester, MA

#19 Jan 2, 2009
And they'll post your pictures on the internet, I think that's pretty bad. I would never consider that.

STDs now are all around, it only takes once to get herpes, and your infected for life. Ain't worth it.
QueenofTheNile wrote:
I've been pressured to give it up, but I've never been tempted. Ain't nothing cute about being pregnant or having an std. Condoms aren't 100% safe. Men will talk about a girl's stuff to his guys, I've heard them do it before.

“Je ne sais quoi. ”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 2, 2009
Jozye wrote:
<quoted text> Being a virgin is still the ideal woman to me...
It's sad that some guys dislike virgins now a days...
Back in the days that was what every guy wanted...
I mean take a look @ the movie..
"The Best Man"
But in those days guys wanted virgins not because of how nice it is internally, but because their 'gates of heaven' would be "tight"
which is already a bad reason to want a virgin...
So basically they either wanted a virgin or not just to please their sexual needs...
Guys are just dogs man..lol
As for me I'm a virgin, and waiting until marriage...
I've been tempted numerous amount of times, but have managed to still keep my status..lol
And wether a guy likes it or not..
Oh Well...
it's my decision.
But I usually encourage my women friends to wait until marriage because guys are dumb heartbreakers..
Most of them value nothing of a woman.
Great post and I agree. I couldn't imagine sleeping with a guy and him completely ignoring me the next day. I've been tempted and I've had guys lose interest but at the end of the day it only makes you stronger. It feels great not being burden with children or STD's.

“BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO GIVE!”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Hergeisa

#21 Jan 2, 2009
I take it as a badge of honor. My values and faith are more important to me then what others think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another white man beheaded by IsIs 7 min Cyrus777 103
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Righty Whitey 1,108,321
Do African American women like African men (May '11) 9 min BWEFocused 87
Black African's Moors Ruled Europe 700 Years (Aug '12) 15 min Insect Trust 2,334
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 16 min Hebrews is black 5,996
Blacks will go extinct way before White people. (Jan '11) 17 min know da ledge 575
This what happens to sellout BW!!!!!!!!!! 20 min wizdum 7
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 1 hr felisitas 3,138
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 1 hr pn2cladelover 371
White Woman Exposes The Sickness Of Desperate B... 1 hr The truth 367
Why do Black Males Beat their Women ? 3 hr Stupid Thread 113
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••