Black Men, This Is A Problem

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#184 Nov 4, 2013
Yep I Said It wrote:
Everybody on earth do not have a college degree but, the OP expects bm to be an exception.
Yeah, social iinhibition in progress and dumb azz bm in this thread trying to guilt tripping over a troll.
ban selornapaden

“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#185 Nov 4, 2013
Silverness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so disappointing that the black men on this thread just got defensive over the statistics.
I understand this is from a reliable source?
Instead of looking at the facts, comprehending them and then trying to do something about it, they get defensive and perceive this as an outright attack on them. It is not, at least it does not seem that way to me.
One of the most beautiful and rewarding jobs I have is molding young minds. One day just take a Saturday off your normal routine and meet a troubled kid talk to them about what they want to be when they grow up and schedule a tour of a University/Institute, if he wants to be a Lawyer, visit Harvard Law School or Columbia.... A Doctor, Stanford/Harvard/ Johns Hopkins... An artist, Parsons allows visits... An Economist, Yale or MIT. It will be fun and so rewarding, instead of being defensive do something helpful for the future.... Most of you scream Black Power, well show that you mean it, don't just produce black children and bash IRBW all day long... mold black children into quality citizens who will be an investment into the future.
I am very active in doing more than talk. I help women, children and men.Just gave some kids who like to talk music amachine that has the words to a cd thats played and a keyboard that's practically new and looks new.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#186 Nov 4, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> If bm are not euro centric then why are bw, so I reject you point of view, because you know you cant tell a lot of these women nothing, and thats, that feminist mentality..........
First off, most black men are very Eurocentric in their thinking but not in their behavior. Black men want the success, money, beautiful women, nice cars, homes etc.. Like most white men but lack the motivation or knowledge to get it for themselves like white men do. Secondly, did you read my post correctly? I spoke of men taking their places as the leaders of their community and guiding women and children to better lives but you called this mentality feminist??????????
A Black Man

Fredericksburg, VA

#187 Nov 4, 2013
black women aren't doing better than black men. black women work in service sector jobs that don't pay bul$hit
black man1

Coatesville, PA

#188 Nov 4, 2013
Kola_Koca wrote:
Bm need to make effort not excuses. Bw only want you to succeed.
Then back the black man up and walk beside not in front. Same goes for the black man.
BIgKnob

United States

#189 Nov 4, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>and I'd say about as much as you blacks know about why whites post on a black forum,
....if you're not white.
But then again, you fools always claim that whatever a white does than makes hinm a loser makes any black who does the same thing a "winner", so I expect no less hypocrisy in THIS case...
is that your $5 logic, I knob a bm dont give a damn about what you do or dont do, as long as im not involved,, get it, I dont know everything, but what I do know for a fact, no wm speaks for me.......remember that.

Level 8

Location hidden

#190 Nov 4, 2013
A Black Man wrote:
black women aren't doing better than black men. black women work in service sector jobs that don't pay bul$hit
That's what black men love to think but reality is different.
http://www.blackgivesback.com/2013/08/african...
BIgKnob

United States

#191 Nov 4, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, most black men are very Eurocentric in their thinking but not in their behavior. Black men want the success, money, beautiful women, nice cars, homes etc.. Like most white men but lack the motivation or knowledge to get it for themselves like white men do. Secondly, did you read my post correctly? I spoke of men taking their places as the leaders of their community and guiding women and children to better lives but you called this mentality feminist??????????
Why dont you own, the beauty shops, hair shops, nail salons, you bw support..... Ww own theirs....i keep posting the same thing, knowledge of self and do for self, so im not trying to be a wm ive gotta be me, and there will be no compromise on that...i work with young blk boys, I have been mentoring for years,, and ive never seen so many have such a dislike for their mothers.....why do you think that is........
A Black Man

Fredericksburg, VA

#192 Nov 4, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what black men love to think but reality is different.
http://www.blackgivesback.com/2013/08/african...
20 black women don't mean $hit especially if they're white companies
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

#193 Nov 4, 2013
Kola_Koca wrote:
....the only thing kneegros r good at is making more kneegros......

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Location hidden

#194 Nov 4, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Why dont you own, the beauty shops, hair shops, nail salons, you bw support..... Ww own theirs....i keep posting the same thing, knowledge of self and do for self, so im not trying to be a wm ive gotta be me, and there will be no compromise on that...i work with young blk boys, I have been mentoring for years,, and ive never seen so many have such a dislike for their mothers.....why do you think that is........
Yep. They do not even control the weave distribution and market they contribute so much money too...

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Location hidden

#195 Nov 4, 2013
Kola_Koca wrote:
Some of use ARE succeeding, but BW are supporting us ESPECIALLY if that brother is short, or has not swag, not an athlete, etc...
BIgKnob

United States

#196 Nov 4, 2013
Kola_Koca wrote:
I want blk people to succeed as well, thats I keep posting "knowledge of self / do for self"
But every bw is not college educated, nor are all bm uneducated......thats a myth, promoted by the media & bw, I wonder why there are no stats telling us how many women are on drugs unemployed, in jail ect...the point is bw want to tell you everything good about themselves, and focus on the negatives of "some bm" with the help of the white media, and this is what pisses the brothers off.........lets use the image of successful bm for a change, and make that the role model.....there're many......
BIgKnob

United States

#197 Nov 4, 2013
Silverness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so disappointing that the black men on this thread just got defensive over the statistics.
I understand this is from a reliable source?
Instead of looking at the facts, comprehending them and then trying to do something about it, they get defensive and perceive this as an outright attack on them. It is not, at least it does not seem that way to me.
One of the most beautiful and rewarding jobs I have is molding young minds. One day just take a Saturday off your normal routine and meet a troubled kid talk to them about what they want to be when they grow up and schedule a tour of a University/Institute, if he wants to be a Lawyer, visit Harvard Law School or Columbia.... A Doctor, Stanford/Harvard/ Johns Hopkins... An artist, Parsons allows visits... An Economist, Yale or MIT. It will be fun and so rewarding, instead of being defensive do something helpful for the future.... Most of you scream Black Power, well show that you mean it, don't just produce black children and bash IRBW all day long... mold black children into quality citizens who will be an investment into the future.
I been molding young minds ever since the LA Roits of 1992 I was there.....but the real molding begins at home first, then school then church, and not the other way around. how can a young man be motivated when you have some mothers instilling fear in him, telling him you must conform, you look just like your daddy, that dog, you aint gonna be nothing just like him. Trust me I.see this everyday, and the teachers in schools, see it as well , thats why I work with young men to counter that....now about irbw bashing, you should tell that to the BWE and other bw's sites who promote anti-bm nonsense daily, on facebook, instagram, the bm shouldnt be doing this as well, but theyre reacting to these bw's false claims that "all bm" are this way or that way. Alice Walker, Terry McMillian, Michelle Wallace, even Oprah have done this for years with media help. Some of your top bm scholars have refuted these claims, and said show me the numbers, to date all we get is the same old tired research, lies, stereotypes,........by these elite bw and they've ingnored working class, blue collar, poor bw, and only focus on the college girls, and I call them liars and elistist hypocrites.........
BIgKnob

United States

#198 Nov 4, 2013
@ fair-guy are you sure youre a black male or a ww pretending to be a black male.....i've seen a picture that says otherwise......lets keep it real!
Im not attacking bw, no....i'm challanging hypocrisy, of some bw, and I know for a fact these women on here dont speak for bw...or...bm.
London

Memphis, TN

#199 Nov 4, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Picking a woman whos wife material,.........and not one whos an online stripper, a tattoo expert, no twerkers, no loud mouths, no baby momas ( if he has no kids )
Have "they" done this?
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text>
and a non europeanized bw, whos self-hate will cause her to go against the interest of blk culture........
Do you have tips on how a bw can be "non europeanized" in a european country? Can you also define blk culture?
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#200 Nov 4, 2013
So, as so many of these threads end up: rather than talking about Black progress in positive terms, we fall into the trap of beating up on ourselves.
This is not to say that the Blacks in general cannot improve certain traits and behaviors; rather, I'm saying progress isn't going to happen by negative attacks against other Blacks.
As for trolls, I strongly suggest you look at your own group: their traditions and behaviors.

Level 8

Location hidden

#201 Nov 4, 2013
RarestRose29 wrote:
I know several black males that became successful without the flashy college degrees. I also know several black women who have their masters degree and they are dim witted. And I mean outside of school everything went downhill because they have no social skills. I think there are far more problems going on between blacks in America that whether or not they attend a university should be at the bottom of the totem pole. Let's get the black men and women out of high school first then worry about that. If they choose to go because going to college does not guarantee success to anyone.
Your post is the most asinine post that I have ever read! And eating doesn't guarantee that one will live but it gives you a better chance than starving does. There is still a much higher rate of unemployment and lower lifestyle among the non-college educated, unskilled workers than the people with college degree and or skilled trade school careers. This is fact. As far as having social skills or being diming witted being uneducated don't help and only makes things worse. Same goes for fixing the relationship between bm and bw in the the AA community. Being ignorant and illiterate doesn't help but at being educated helps one to articulate and communicate their thoughts, solutions etc. better.
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#202 Nov 4, 2013
Many of the statistics about education and achievement include folks who went to college in the 70's and 80's. During that time the labor market needed college trained workers. Also, Affirmative Action was enforced during that period, hence many educated Blacks obtained degrees due to relaxed admission standards in colleges and universities, add to that the affordability of student loans. Only in the past ten years has it become a financial burden to seek a college eduction. My point: PUT THINGS INTO A REALISTIC PERSPECTIVE.
Today, with the decline of Affirmative education both in the workplace and schools it is increasingly difficult for someone from a working class home or a home with a single parent to complete college. Even two year community colleges are becoming expensive.
London

Memphis, TN

#203 Nov 4, 2013
Silverness wrote:
<quoted text>
I really doubt that it is about the money. I know it is not for me, education is about learning what past scholars have brought forth to humanity and adding/ debunking or appreciating it. Innovation is key, and that is what top schools teach. Money while comfortable and nice to have should not be the sole reason for YOU getting an education.
Absolutely. We should all expect to make more money than we would have made without higher education. It's most important to pursue interests/happiness than simply chase the dollar. Plus women generally choose professions which will give them flexibility for mothering etc. Women use a different set of guideline when pursuing career paths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JRB 1,579,418
Southerners memorialize war heroes San francisc... 3 min El Rey del Mundo 1
Primates ('whites') Seem to be Hiding A Big Big... 7 min The Righteous Axe 2
The Hegemony of the Western World & the USA Emp... 9 min White Power NOT T... 1
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 22
What the 6,000 man White Nationalist rally mean... 2 hr SBT 58
Black males are Garbage men 2 hr SBT 1
Will people start destroying monuments to Liber... 5 hr Sadbuttrue 28
I have token white friends. 5 hr Sadbuttrue 65
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 6 hr Sadbuttrue 89
Cavebeasts of Topix 8 hr Fun Facts 30
More from around the web