First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Expecting!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Royally Inked

#1 Nov 1, 2013
Now, there are so many threads on this website talking about how Black Women outperform Black Men educationally. This is problematic when it comes to finding a mate. Please look at these numbers.

http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp...

The numbers of Black Men getting educated...they're dismal. And sad. It needs to change you guys, because the educated black women are really fighting over you, ending up alone, or dating out. I hear a lot of complaining about IRBW, but not a lot of "Brothers, here is how we're going to fix ourselves up!". That's what we want to hear. Stop whinging, man up, and get it together. THAT'S what Black Women want to see.

There shouldn't be more Black Men in prison than in college.
The Enemy Within

Washington, DC

#3 Nov 1, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
Now, there are so many threads on this website talking about how Black Women outperform Black Men educationally. This is problematic when it comes to finding a mate. Please look at these numbers.
The numbers of Black Men getting educated...they're dismal. And sad. It needs to change you guys, because the educated black women are really fighting over you, ending up alone, or dating out. I hear a lot of complaining about IRBW, but not a lot of "Brothers, here is how we're going to fix ourselves up!". That's what we want to hear. Stop whinging, man up, and get it together. THAT'S what Black Women want to see.
Why? Why look?

You all hide behind grades.

I know for a fact that many of you that got those grades in school relied on being tutored by BM. Educated BM. Then you turn right around and dog BM out. Many of you had fathers making sure their little girls got the best teachers or went to the bes schools. And as soon as you got your degrees, you got on a pedestal and told the world you did something BM can't do and you are looking for your equal.

Get out of here...

“Take the kinks out ya mind”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

and not your hair

#4 Nov 1, 2013
While I believe there are more black women getting educations, I highly doubt there are more black men in prison than in college and education based on what standard their are plenty of idiots with degrees, I'm in college now and take classes from idiots who should've never been granted such a "prestigious" piece of paper. I agree that more black men need to focus more on bettering themselves, so they can help better their people we need more black male leaders for younger black males to look up too, I am happy to see an increase of black males trying to do the right thing and I dearly appreciate them.
Lord I God

Huntsville, AL

#5 Nov 1, 2013
Gothic rose--here shouldn't be more Black Men in prison than in college.

There isnt

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 1, 2013
brownskin_beauty wrote:
While I believe there are more black women getting educations, I highly doubt there are more black men in prison than in college and education based on what standard their are plenty of idiots with degrees, I'm in college now and take classes from idiots who should've never been granted such a "prestigious" piece of paper. I agree that more black men need to focus more on bettering themselves, so they can help better their people we need more black male leaders for younger black males to look up too, I am happy to see an increase of black males trying to do the right thing and I dearly appreciate them.
the whole "more black men in jail than in college" thing might have been true 20 years ago...but it's already been debunked by a lotta people including skip gates. in fact, there's more bm entering college these days than ever before. a higher percentage of bm enter college than the percentage of wm that enter college. no doubt the black community sees the value of education. yeah, we have a long way to go because of the lousy and underfunded elementary and high school system in black communities which really destroys the academic prospects of a lotta young black men and women before they even get started...we need to focus on the k-12 if we want to see some real changes...not wait til after high school then complain about how there's not enough bm in college.
BM Moving On

Toronto, Canada

#7 Nov 1, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
BW are really funny. You all talk about how edmucated you are and blah blah blah.

The real reality is that most of you get your degrees in the soft Art programs (Criminal justice, sociology, psychology, etc). And even with all that edmucation, YOU STILL DON'T EARN AS MUCH AS BLACK MEN!! Who the flip cares that you went to a 4 yr college and got a Criminal Justice degree when you are making minimum wage.

Black men earn more money.

The average single BW is worth 5 dollars!!

Some EDMUNICATION.

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 2, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
This is crap. First, black women are only slight more in college than black men, 14/100 vs 13/100, respectively. Second, black women are earning more degrees, but they are obtaining degrees that are largely putting them in the pink collar sector, a category that historically has never paid well and there are many blue collar jobs that pay more. Degrees do not automatically equal good income and career mobility. If one added up the money earned by degree holders and non-degree holders, broken into gender groups, one always find black men earning significantly more dollars. The average amount of money in a black man's savings' account is $1000, for black women that figure is -$5.

“Expecting!”

Level 1

Royally Inked

#9 Nov 2, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Why look?
You all hide behind grades.
I know for a fact that many of you that got those grades in school relied on being tutored by BM. Educated BM. Then you turn right around and dog BM out. Many of you had fathers making sure their little girls got the best teachers or went to the bes schools. And as soon as you got your degrees, you got on a pedestal and told the world you did something BM can't do and you are looking for your equal.
Get out of here...
Actually I'm encouraging Black Men to get educated in larger numbers.

I don't know WHAT your attitude is about.

And looking for an equal isn't a bad thing.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 2, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
This is a HUGE problem, but there is more to it, I think.

There is a cap on how many minorities of Black and Latino descent are accepted into Universities. Why? Because affirmative action was outlawed around 2008 for colleges, so many people believe that Black and Latina/Latino students are being given 100% equal standards as Whites and Asians, but since they aren't getting into college as often, then it must be by their OWN faults (they aren't smart enough, or aren't trying hard enough, etc...) and therefore they don't DESERVE to be there. So take that premise, now, if a sudden increase of Black men were accepted to college, then Republicans would say it MUST be some form of affirmative action, because they must be trying to bring in specifically Black men for their numbers to "magically" rise, and that is illegal in the U.S now. So the numbers of Black males in college isn't increasing or jumping very high.

Why is it increasing for Black women?... Not sure... a loophole maybe? Affirmative action benefited women more than anyone else. White women now outnumber White men in college too, and if admissions cannot look at race so much, then maybe Black women are being accepted more for being women rather than by being Black?? OR maybe it's just because people don't have any huge issue with Black women being better educated than Black men because it helps with a divide in the community.

I'm always hesitant about believing in weird conspiracies and stuff, but historically few societies have liked "outsiders" who are different from the mainstream. That's why Jews have been persecuted in history too (their religion/cultural beliefs are too strong and different from the countries they live in, so they become a threat to the establishment who desires to get rid of them). When Black Americans stand together, things like the Civil Rights movement happen. To quote Abraham Lincoln - "A divided against itself house cannot stand" and if you use that tactic to split the culture of a group of people up, then they will eventually weaken and fall, and Black Americans are ALREADY showing signs of weakness, many of them actually. Most of it is in interracial dating out of insecurities and a feeling of low self worth that causes so many of us to degrade our own race while uplifting others out of spite.

This isn't to deter Black guys from trying harder in school, I also think part of the reason they don't get as far is also because many believe early on that they can't.

“Expecting!”

Level 1

Royally Inked

#11 Nov 2, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>
BW are really funny. You all talk about how edmucated you are and blah blah blah.
The real reality is that most of you get your degrees in the soft Art programs (Criminal justice, sociology, psychology, etc). And even with all that edmucation, YOU STILL DON'T EARN AS MUCH AS BLACK MEN!! Who the flip cares that you went to a 4 yr college and got a Criminal Justice degree when you are making minimum wage.
Some EDMUNICATION.
I'm completely done responding to you.

“Expecting!”

Level 1

Royally Inked

#12 Nov 2, 2013
fair_guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is crap. First, black women are only slight more in college than black men, 14/100 vs 13/100, respectively. Second, black women are earning more degrees, but they are obtaining degrees that are largely putting them in the pink collar sector, a category that historically has never paid well and there are many blue collar jobs that pay more. Degrees do not automatically equal good income and career mobility. If one added up the money earned by degree holders and non-degree holders, broken into gender groups, one always find black men earning significantly more dollars. The average amount of money in a black man's savings' account is $1000, for black women that figure is -$5.
Actually according to the link posted....Black Women outdo both Black Men AND White Women by significant margins.

And what you said may be true, but it's what women are looking for. It's not necessarily your salary but what you do.

I don't really see black men clamoring to get with uneducated black women.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 2, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>
Some EDMUNICATION.
Sorry, but I actually did go to a pretty prestigious University and the differences in gender representation for Blacks are easy to see. There aren't many Blacks in college, but of those there, most who go for academics are 1. Women and 2. AFRICANS. The majority of African American males at any University seem to be athletes. I'm not saying this to belittle Black men, but rather because it is true.

Africans, you know, those people that our Black ancestors were, in many ways, THEY are the educated ones of our group in the U.S. Africans can save the image of Blacks in the U.S, and they seem determined to (good for them!). My friend even joked about this recently, that people in our city think she is Nigerian and that I am Ethiopian often because that is becoming the idea of successful Black people - Africans. African Americans are those who live in the ghetto, by American standards and stereotypes anyway...

Black men who turn this isn't a blame game, or see these stats and turn to insult Black women for making them feel bad about themselves (pft...) are only digging a deeper hole for themselves because you still aren't addressing the problems.
SadButTruehD

Falls Church, VA

#14 Nov 2, 2013
GothicRose--MACEO wrote:
The numbers of Black Men getting educated...they're dismal. And sad. It needs to change you guys, because the educated black women are really fighting over you, ending up alone, or dating out.

I hear a lot of complaining about IRBW, but not a lot of "Brothers, here is how we're going to fix ourselves up!". That's what we want to hear. Stop whinging, man up, and get it together. THAT'S what Black Women want to see.
Black women are moving on, it will take you 4 generation to make a change if you started tomorrow which is 80 years!

Black women have no choice but to move on or die out!
BM Moving On

Toronto, Canada

#16 Nov 2, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm completely done responding to you.
Because you cannot refute what I said!

And fairguy just said the same thing, BW get the soft degrees and then sit up here going on about how educated they are.

Single BW for all that education are worth 5 bucks!

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...

So much for all that education. Keep putting your head in the sand.
The Enemy Within

Washington, DC

#17 Nov 2, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm encouraging Black Men to get educated in larger numbers.
I don't know WHAT your attitude is about.
And looking for an equal isn't a bad thing.
"And looking for an equal isn't a bad thing."

That wasn't my comment. Stop replying to HALF of a sentence and changing the context.

You know exactly what I am saying above.
BM Moving On

Toronto, Canada

#18 Nov 2, 2013
PinkPearl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I actually did go to a pretty prestigious University and the differences in gender representation for Blacks are easy to see. There aren't many Blacks in college, but of those there, most who go for academics are 1. Women and 2. AFRICANS. The majority of African American males at any University seem to be athletes. I'm not saying this to belittle Black men, but rather because it is true.
Africans, you know, those people that our Black ancestors were, in many ways, THEY are the educated ones of our group in the U.S. Africans can save the image of Blacks in the U.S, and they seem determined to (good for them!). My friend even joked about this recently, that people in our city think she is Nigerian and that I am Ethiopian often because that is becoming the idea of successful Black people - Africans. African Americans are those who live in the ghetto, by American standards and stereotypes anyway...
Black men who turn this isn't a blame game, or see these stats and turn to insult Black women for making them feel bad about themselves (pft...) are only digging a deeper hole for themselves because you still aren't addressing the problems.
There are more WW or AW in college compared to their male counterparts, what is your point???

My point is that with all that education (which are in soft degrees one can do blind folded), BW still are not worth much nor do they out earn BM. Now, you can break BM up into Africans and African American and Caribbean, all that doesn't matter. The question raised by the OP was BLACK MEN. Not different Black ethnicities.

I personally have two degrees and a diploma in the hard sciences! I drive a nice car and own a nice condo downtown for a Black man who is only 27. The educated brothers know whats up!
Jamal

Pennsauken, NJ

#19 Nov 2, 2013
For a Black man to be considered desirable by an educated sister who has her act together. He needs to be/have the following characteristics.
1. He must be educated himself. People need to converse on the same level.
2. He must not be in jail/parole/probation etc. Just as she has her act together, it is expected of him.
3. He shouldn't owe child support to numerous baby momma's. Playing the field is one thing. Planting a crop of future obligations is another.
If you want to know why so many Black educated woman are single or dating outside of their race this is why.

“Expecting!”

Level 1

Royally Inked

#20 Nov 2, 2013
BM Moving On wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you cannot refute what I said!
And fairguy just said the same thing, BW get the soft degrees and then sit up here going on about how educated they are.
Single BW for all that education are worth 5 bucks!
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...
So much for all that education. Keep putting your head in the sand.
Actually most Black Women earn less because the Soft Degrees usually require grad school an too many people DON'T want to do it after completing the basic work.

And I'm done talking to you because you claim to be moving on but you still love talking to and about BW.

So I'm assisting you in letting go by not addressing you.
SadButTruehD

Falls Church, VA

#21 Nov 2, 2013
fair_gu---GothicRose-MACEO wrote:
<quoted text>
MACEO

BS, most Black men come into a relationship looking to live off women. Its rare to none to see a Black man who's taking care of his family or he's the Breadwinner as well as Black men generally go with women who own property while they bring nothing to the table or too much in terms of high risk behaviors!

Most Black men live "Marginal Lifestyles" like yourself or their hustlers which is why they look for educated women who have something to live off them!

Hell NO!

Your the only race of men who live this way as a lifestyle! Even in IR WW/BM the many times is with a sorry loser marginal black man while he runs arounds and cheats! Since she's undesired by her own race of men she is generally accepting until he ruins her life!

I do know some IR WW/BM relationships where the men don't work which is sorry. There with Fat old White women and did what you did accepting a White man's reject! lmao
SadButTrue

Falls Church, VA

#22 Nov 2, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
Now, there are so many threads on this websouldn't be more Black Men in prison than in college.
MACEO

Read this

MACEO (you and your 1,000 profiles at 60 years old)

True, all relationships do have problems but why not go for the "Best Man" rather than the Black man?

In most cases, Black men are broke and can't meet the Basics!

Facts show that Black men generally take women down when they enter a relationship in MOST cases. They come with "More Baggage, cheat more, have higher risk behaviors, formerly incarcerated, blue collared, hustlers" generally do 350% less than other races of men do!

When a group of men exhibits "High Risk behaviors"like Black men do; I up the "Money $$$$$$" they need to make. Just like a business or dealing with High risk folks the dollar value is applied for the high risks! That's simply common sense, which is why you don't see White women, Asian, Iranian women, Indian women accepting men who can't "Provide, lead or Protect" like Black men don't do for their women, children, families or communities!

So why waste your time with a group of men who "FACTUALLY" have little or nothing to offer women?

If the relationships fails (good chance) she will end up like your Ex White wife Liz with nothing to show for her time other than what you did to her which was to "Disrespect and run to adultery".

Only woman with "Low self esteem" accepts low rate loser men who offer so little!

Even most men say a woman is a fool if she doesn't get anything from a man considering their nature!

We women were talking about that last night!

The other races of women who were average looking said they would never except a man who didn't do anything to improve his lot in life, her life or their children or uplift or do for their own communities. Even Asian women married to White men make them take care of their communities by supporting their events/churches or families They d give back for marrying these women.

For some reason, Black men feel they can just come with their "Dycks, Swag or Getting over tactics" and thinks that works.

Then they wonder why educated Black women don't want them!

Now you know why Black women didn't want you MACEO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I've slept with at least 25 white men 5 min Samoan Irish 10
Idea To Make Whites Leave America 6 min Nikki 60
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 6 min trollslayer 32,602
black men are entitled to white women (Jun '15) 9 min enoch powell 70
Why do Mexicans and Blacks have so many kids li... 12 min Guest 13
IRBW are free from Black Mind Control 16 min Samoan Irish 74
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min RealDave 1,395,067
How Fkn dumb can Republicans get? 2.0 19 min RMGHispanic Causi... 51
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 1 hr Young Trumpenstein 264
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr KiloEcho 46,329
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 63
The UK has left the EU 2 hr Black 104
More from around the web