Optimism of whites in US lags blacks ...

Optimism of whites in US lags blacks by big margin

There are 2745 comments on the Log Cabin Democrat story from Aug 1, 2013, titled Optimism of whites in US lags blacks by big margin. In it, Log Cabin Democrat reports that:

Americans' attitudes about their economic future are sharply divided by race, with whites significantly less likely than blacks or Hispanics to think they can improve their own standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Log Cabin Democrat.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2862 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>What about ectopic pregnancies? Sheeple isn't very bright.
Ectopic pregnancies aren't technically pregnancies, but rather an abnormality in the implantation process.

That's why the anti-abortion freaks don't have a hissy fit over removal of ectopic "pregnancies".

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2863 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, no wonder we have a growing welfare base of stupid people who keep getting pregnant and can't pay their own freight. You should go back to high school health class and begin there because you don't seem to be able to grasp the concepts of reproduction even when they are presented in the most rudimentry way.
The brain chemistry is altered as soon as conception occurs because messages have to be sent to the body to accomodate for the baby. Hormones are getting reved up. The lining of the uterus will have to receive and thicken in order to provide nutrients, cell division, transportation and the process of implanting, etc. Some women can even feel the blastocyst implanting into her womb. She's pregnant, dear heart.
Since many pregnancies are lost in the earliest stages, it's usually safer to wait to 'say' you are pregnant until you are further along. Some say the heartbeat.....others until after the first trimester. Regardless of when you say you are pregnant....it happens at the moment of conception. Smart women will also make sure they prepare their bodies in the preconception phase for the benefit of their babies as well as themselves.
The body goes through all those changes- hormones, thickening of uterine wall, etc, during EVERY menstrual cycle regardless of whether fertilization takes place or not. That's what the body flushes out during menstruation if implantation- i.e. pregnancy- doesn't occur.

I couldn't care less if you wait until 9 months to tell people you're pregnant, but you're not ACTUALLY pregnant until successful implantation of the embryo in the uterine wall.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2864 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course that pregnancy doesn't begin at conception; rather at implantation.
Yes, if you look back you'll notice I mentioned RU-486 as an actual abortion pill because it destroys an implanted embryo.
RU-486 has been marketed specifically for abortion because of it's use after the woman realizes she's pregnant and wants to terminate immediately. I'm not sure why you are so easily confused. Birth control pills are marketed for the purpose of prevention BUT many times pregnancies ARE ABORTED by them which has been explained over and over. You just choose to remain ignorant about this fact which is further proof you wouldn't be allowed to empty trash cans in a medical practice since you are obviously not very well educated in the field.

You are obviously not aware of the Early PREGNANCY Factor which has to do with the time between conception and implantation. Rather than wasting time to explain this to you.....you may want to contemplate on the fact this is MEDICAL terminology about a woman's pregnancy BEFORE implantation. Ectopic pregnancy is another word you failed to respond to.

It appears you are wasting time exploiting your ignorance because you don't like the implications of bc pills terminating pregnancies.

Due to the knowledge about the Early Pregnancy Factor, drug companies can develop new and improved contraception that will be more preventative than it is right now.

It's quite entertaining to witness the lengths you go to not admit your mistakes. It appears most of the readers in this forum expect you to apologize to the poster you insulted for being absolutely correct and you being incorrect and rude. Thank you.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2865 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said pregnancy doesn't occur until confirmed by a test. I was simply pointing out that the current tests can't pinpoint a the actual date of pregnancy; they can only confirm an existing pregnancy.
Doctors commonly use the date of the last menstrual cycle as the beginning of pregnancy out of simple convenience & consistency. Since women don't ovulate until 11-21 days AFTER the last day of their last menstrual cycle, it's obvious no woman could be pregnant at the end of their last menstrual cycle.
So saying a woman is 6 weeks pregnant because they're 2 weeks late is simply incorrect, whether that's based on fertilization or implantation.
Again, using the date of the last menstrual cycle is simply for convenience & consistency. Just like using 9 months for the length of a pregnancy is out of convenience & consistency, since almost NO woman gives birth at exactly 9 months from the date of implantation.
Well, duh. You never addressed the issues of your incompetence which is the fact you called out someone in this forum about aborting a pregnancy. You were insulting and obnoxious because everyone here knows you were incorrect. It appears you have some kind of emotional pathology going on that causes this weird behavior so you may want to consider some therapy. Pregnancy begins at conception which is the time a woman begins to experience changes in her body. Some women are very sensitive and actually know when they conceive. They may be sensitive to the way their bodies react at conception and implantation. There are many pregnancies that never make it out of the womb alive. BC pills do in fact abort pregnancies....so does Mother Nature. Waiting for you to apologize and move on.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2866 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The body goes through all those changes- hormones, thickening of uterine wall, etc, during EVERY menstrual cycle regardless of whether fertilization takes place or not. That's what the body flushes out during menstruation if implantation- i.e. pregnancy- doesn't occur.
I couldn't care less if you wait until 9 months to tell people you're pregnant, but you're not ACTUALLY pregnant until successful implantation of the embryo in the uterine wall.
Clearly, you are completely baffled how bc works. I'm not interested in your cut and paste of fifth grade health class. Your ignorance of how bc pills work is so apparent that I am astounded you wouldn't hide out in shame because of it.

Some fetal abnormalities can be traced back to the time between conception and almost immediately after implantation. Some doctors are researching the impact of bc on fetal abnormalities because of the role it plays in creating a hostile environment for the fertilized egg. Exposure to teratogens can be devastating beginning at the time of conception. Often times these exposures prompt an early abortion before the woman realizes she's pregnant.

Surely you are not serious when you say there are no changes to the woman's body after she conceives. Apparently, you're not aware of the EPF which is further proof you have as much medical background as the witch doctor at a pygmy roast.You've been schooled by a number of posters. It's hard to believe you're still here.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2867 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ectopic pregnancies aren't technically pregnancies, but rather an abnormality in the implantation process.
That's why the anti-abortion freaks don't have a hissy fit over removal of ectopic "pregnancies".
No my dear, they ARE pregnancies but have to be aborted to save the life of the pregnant woman.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2868 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention there have been cases where live births have resulted from these kinds of pregnanies so the fact you would say they are not pregnancies..... I have to wonder what you would call the baby that resulted from this kind of pregnancy? There are also cases where you can see the formation of hands, face, etc.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#2869 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course that's NOT the case.
Yes, the doctors are guessing when pregnancy actually occurs because we currently have no simple test to determine the exact moment when implantation- i.e. pregnancy- has occurred. It is at the time of implantation that pregnancy has officially occurred and the placental tissues begin secreting hCG. That's why we test for hCG to determine if a woman is pregnant.
You can't abort a pregnancy which hasn't yet occurred; by you CAN PREVENT a pregnancy from occurring.
"we currently have no simple test to determine the exact moment when implantation- i.e. pregnancy- has occurred."
then

you wrote this;

"It is at the time of implantation that pregnancy has officially occurred and the placental tissues begin secreting hCG."

interesting
Good thing your mamma sewed you mittens to your sleeves huh. You have a serious disconnect condition.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#2870 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course that pregnancy doesn't begin at conception; rather at implantation.
Source;
Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary

PREGNANCY:
Definition; The condition of a developing embryo or fetus in the body after successful conception.

Notice how the very medical dictionary that is used in the training and testing of our medical personnel seems to be missing your input and amazingly have it wrong ... according to yourself.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#2871 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said pregnancy doesn't occur until confirmed by a test. I was simply pointing out that the current tests can't pinpoint a the actual date of pregnancy; they can only confirm an existing pregnancy.
New day today huh?
Yesterday you were claiming that the "exact moment" of "pregnancy" could be determined by the hormonal changes that occur at the exact moment of "pregnancy" which is at the exact moment of implantation.
So claimed >YOU< just one day ago.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#2872 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>What about ectopic pregnancies? Sheeple isn't very bright.
He certainly is a stubborn case that has a big problem with admitting a mistake. He will argue an already lost position until ... well, I guess we may see how long.
Me. I'm out of it. Proved my case. Moving on.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2873 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>
RU-486 has been marketed specifically for abortion because of it's use after the woman realizes she's pregnant and wants to terminate immediately. I'm not sure why you are so easily confused. Birth control pills are marketed for the purpose of prevention BUT many times pregnancies ARE ABORTED by them which has been explained over and over. You just choose to remain ignorant about this fact which is further proof you wouldn't be allowed to empty trash cans in a medical practice since you are obviously not very well educated in the field.
You are obviously not aware of the Early PREGNANCY Factor which has to do with the time between conception and implantation. Rather than wasting time to explain this to you.....you may want to contemplate on the fact this is MEDICAL terminology about a woman's pregnancy BEFORE implantation. Ectopic pregnancy is another word you failed to respond to.
It appears you are wasting time exploiting your ignorance because you don't like the implications of bc pills terminating pregnancies.
Due to the knowledge about the Early Pregnancy Factor, drug companies can develop new and improved contraception that will be more preventative than it is right now.
It's quite entertaining to witness the lengths you go to not admit your mistakes. It appears most of the readers in this forum expect you to apologize to the poster you insulted for being absolutely correct and you being incorrect and rude. Thank you.
You can call it whatever you want, but until implantation there IS NOT PREGNANCY.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2874 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> Well, duh. You never addressed the issues of your incompetence which is the fact you called out someone in this forum about aborting a pregnancy. You were insulting and obnoxious because everyone here knows you were incorrect. It appears you have some kind of emotional pathology going on that causes this weird behavior so you may want to consider some therapy. Pregnancy begins at conception which is the time a woman begins to experience changes in her body. Some women are very sensitive and actually know when they conceive. They may be sensitive to the way their bodies react at conception and implantation. There are many pregnancies that never make it out of the womb alive. BC pills do in fact abort pregnancies....so does Mother Nature. Waiting for you to apologize and move on.
Except of course that medically a pregnancy doesn't occur until implantation. Anything which happens prior to that- whether natural or artificial- merely PREVENTS a pregnancy from occurring.

I'll apologize when I make an error. So far I have nothing to apologize for, so feel free to keep waiting.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2875 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, you are completely baffled how bc works. I'm not interested in your cut and paste of fifth grade health class. Your ignorance of how bc pills work is so apparent that I am astounded you wouldn't hide out in shame because of it.
Some fetal abnormalities can be traced back to the time between conception and almost immediately after implantation. Some doctors are researching the impact of bc on fetal abnormalities because of the role it plays in creating a hostile environment for the fertilized egg. Exposure to teratogens can be devastating beginning at the time of conception. Often times these exposures prompt an early abortion before the woman realizes she's pregnant.
Surely you are not serious when you say there are no changes to the woman's body after she conceives. Apparently, you're not aware of the EPF which is further proof you have as much medical background as the witch doctor at a pygmy roast.You've been schooled by a number of posters. It's hard to believe you're still here.
EPF is a coincidental protein which may or may not be directly related to fertilization or the developing embryo. They don't really know what it is or what it indicates, which is why they don't test for it.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2876 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>No my dear, they ARE pregnancies but have to be aborted to save the life of the pregnant woman.
If they were actual pregnancies they wouldn't have to be aborted.

They are an ABNORMAL development during the reproductive process.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2877 Sep 9, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot to mention there have been cases where live births have resulted from these kinds of pregnanies so the fact you would say they are not pregnancies..... I have to wonder what you would call the baby that resulted from this kind of pregnancy? There are also cases where you can see the formation of hands, face, etc.
So?

With modern technology a man can carry a fetus to term and have a live birth as well.

Does that mean he was pregnant?

An actual test tube baby from fertilization to viability can be created.

Does that mean the equipment was pregnant?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2878 Sep 9, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"we currently have no simple test to determine the exact moment when implantation- i.e. pregnancy- has occurred."
then
you wrote this;
"It is at the time of implantation that pregnancy has officially occurred and the placental tissues begin secreting hCG."
interesting
Good thing your mamma sewed you mittens to your sleeves huh. You have a serious disconnect condition.
And we have no simple test- i.e. urine or serum- which can determine what day/time the placental tissue first begins secreting hCG.

Btw, don't try to tell a lab tech how lab testing works.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2879 Sep 9, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
New day today huh?
Yesterday you were claiming that the "exact moment" of "pregnancy" could be determined by the hormonal changes that occur at the exact moment of "pregnancy" which is at the exact moment of implantation.
So claimed >YOU< just one day ago.
Theoretically the day of implantation can be determined.

Like I said though, CURRENT TESTING isn't that good yet.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#2880 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course that medically a pregnancy doesn't occur until implantation.
Then explain why the very medical dictionary used in our med schools to train our doctors and nurses, say you are incorrect?

PREGTNANCY:
Definition; The condition of a developing embryo or fetus in the body after successful conception?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#2881 Sep 9, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Source;
PREGNANCY:
Definition; The condition of a developing embryo or fetus in the body after successful conception.
Notice how the very medical dictionary that is used in the training and testing of our medical personnel seems to be missing your input and amazingly have it wrong ... according to yourself.
Taber's is one of many medical dictionaries.

Considering Clarence Taber was a farmhand, stableman, janitor, teller, cashier, loan officer, and an editor among other jobs.

Hmmmmm, I notice "doctor" seems to be missing.....

The medical community considers pregnancy to be the time after implantation of the embryo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,620,837
Future President Maxine Waters says she’ll take... 8 min Ugly monkeys 8
The WHITE RACE is MASTER race because they are ... 10 min Johny rebel 8
Hey Negroes name some black inventions of the 2... 12 min Got_Rope 9
"American" Politicians Seek To Imprison America... 16 min KIR SUCKA 7
Donald J. Trump Serial Sexual Predator In Chief 18 min Clam_Caravan 12
the best state for blacks to live in 22 min Got_Rope 1
Can America Become 80% White Again? 28 min Ms Mack 234
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 2 hr Slim Jim 32
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 2 hr Djay 1,580