Injection of Melanin Nanoparticles Could Make Human Body Radiation-Resistant | Popular Science

May 12, 2010 | Posted by: Stimulate My Intellect | Full story: www.popsci.com

Researchers have successfully tested a technique that uses melanin-coated nanoparticles to protect bone marrow from damage commonly sustained during radiotherapy. Melanin, a pigment responsible for skin color, not only curbs the formation of free radicals, which damage DNA, but it eliminates the ones that manage to form anyway. One of the major downsides of radiation therapy, which is commonly used to shrink cancerous tumors, is its harmful effect on normal cells.

Comments
1 - 20 of 131 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

hmmm very very interesting.

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Stimulate My Intellect wrote:
hmmm very very interesting.
They've found the key to life.

Level 4

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Interesting. And we already know where they are getting the melanin from in order to make these nanoparticles, and who it's mostly for anyway.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Nerdtician wrote:
Interesting. And we already know where they are getting the melanin from in order to make these nanoparticles, and who it's mostly for anyway.
whats sad is they still continue to downplay black melanin researchers and dismiss them by calling them afrocentric

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

__Peace__ wrote:
<quoted text>They've found the key to life.
while convincing everyone else that melanin is nothing more than pigment.

Level 4

Oured,Osea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

<quoted text> whats sad is they still continue to downplay black melanin researchers and dismiss them by calling them afrocentric
Right. Even though ironically enough, our sources come from Eurocentric research, so how is that biased Afrocentrism?:/

Level 4

Oured,Osea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

__Peace__ wrote:
<quoted text>They've found the key to life.
Melanin is the philosophers' stone or the elixir of life like Bobby Hemmit said. They're trying to use our melanin to achieve longer life since their bodies are frail.;):)
george barnett

Weirton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

<quoted text> whats sad is they still continue to downplay black melanin researchers and dismiss them by calling them afrocentric
People are scared of needles.The Black melanin researchers need to market it in a 40 oz.
george barnett

Weirton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

<quoted text>while convincing everyone else that melanin is nothing more than pigment.
----given lifestyles and behavior;it has to be more than a pigment.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

george barnett wrote:
<quoted text>----given lifestyles and behavior;it has to be more than a pigment.
sad little hybrid

“Gods Warrior”

Since: Jan 10

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Have you ever seen how they distill black people to make this coating? They have a big factory in the Congo region where they toss all of the black people after they have eaten what they want off of the bones.

They also use some of the extracts to make junkyard dogs more aggressive and as a training aid for police sniffer dogs!

“Gods Warrior”

Since: Jan 10

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>sad little hybrid
The sad hybrids are the ones the United States manufactured during the slavery era. Even the addition of Caucasian DNA to the slave population really could not raise the average intelligence much or break the evolutionary throwbacks which are not compatible with western style civilization...

Hunter VanWhitington III

Chevy Chase, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Does it also produce a resistance to education?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Pigmentation is the common role attributed to melanin. People come in a variety of colors and the amount of melanin in the skin is the main factor that determines color variations.

Therefore, to discuss melanin as a pigment for skin coloring is not controversial. To provide evidence that melanin can have a role other than skin pigmentation is where controversy may exist.

The Science of Melanin
T. OWENS MOORE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Unfortunately, the controversy over melanin research has intesified.
The topic has received considerable attention from the white media.
For example, author Leon Jaroff (1994) worte an excoriating article,'Teaching Reverse Racism' in Time magazine.
The underlying message is that most black scholars who teach black studies are using a strange doctrine of 'black superiority' when they discuss melanin.
Essentially, Jaroff believes...'[In] a society that has treated blacks as inferior because of the color of their skin, it is hardly surprising that many of them now embrace a melanist doctrine. But in doing so, they are indulging in what they have long decried: racism.'
Those who run the white power structure commonly use reverse rhetoric to castigate the self-affirming viewpoints of African-centered scholars.
In other words, whites project their own racism onto us in order to avoid their insecurities.
Henceforth, many insecure white people believe that any Black-African consciousness, history or related information is 'racism' in reverse."

“you dumb muthaf**ka”

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

so?
Hunter VanWhitington III

Chevy Chase, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Most blacks are ALREADY resistant to honest labor.

“you dumb muthaf**ka”

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately, the controversy over melanin research has intesified.
The topic has received considerable attention from the white media.
For example, author Leon Jaroff (1994) worte an excoriating article,'Teaching Reverse Racism' in Time magazine.
The underlying message is that most black scholars who teach black studies are using a strange doctrine of 'black superiority' when they discuss melanin.
Essentially, Jaroff believes...'[In] a society that has treated blacks as inferior because of the color of their skin, it is hardly surprising that many of them now embrace a melanist doctrine. But in doing so, they are indulging in what they have long decried: racism.'
Those who run the white power structure commonly use reverse rhetoric to castigate the self-affirming viewpoints of African-centered scholars.
In other words, whites project their own racism onto us in order to avoid their insecurities.
Henceforth, many insecure white people believe that any Black-African consciousness, history or related information is 'racism' in reverse."
and what exactly does this have to do with the medical research? you personally are a constant proponent of muthafuckin racial superiority theories based around half-truths, fanatasies and outright bullshit. none of the shite you come out with would stand up to serious scientific scrutiny because you ain't a scientist or muthafukcin doctor, jut a bullshitter with a problem.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Hunter VanWhitington III wrote:
Does it also produce a resistance to education?
african immigrants exceed in education over "native" whites in the US and europe... does that answer your question?
Hunter VanWhitington III

Chevy Chase, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>african immigrants exceed in education over "native" whites in the US and europe... does that answer your question?
I don't mean in learning about CRIME!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••