joe

United States

#21 Jan 31, 2012
WhoMe wrote:
<quoted text>
id say from the reality of things, the mexican people should be more concerned with how white america treats them,or better yet their own government which isnt doin enough to protect them. not us. are we shooting y0ou coming across the border? or fueling the drug war on the borders? sure some mexicans and blacks have some issues but in general, we arent your problem / enemy and you aren't ours. btw i never thought that mexican and *african american culture* was the same, and you lumped a whole lot of us together saying we respect noone but ourselves.
Finally someone with some sense posted something. Most Mexicans think they are closer to white..I guess because their lighter than(some) blacks. What they fail to realize is that white Americans DO NOT like them. Black people will accept them as friends quicker that's for sure...Also whites were inslaved back in the day too. I'm positive most ethnicities ancestors were victims of slavery.
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#22 Jan 31, 2012
Girl18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im African American and I dont give a rats behind about Latinos or Mexicans. I care about the AFRICAN Disapora not the LATINO Disapora.
Black powa to ya-then!
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#23 Jan 31, 2012
latinqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
well i hear what ur sayin. im puerto rican an i alwayz here peeps sayin that PRs have black in them but i dont think so. now the PR men and the black men get along pretty good but there is a lot of tension between the puerto rican woman an the black woman. i think its tense between black females an latin females in general tho.
Autosomal DNA of diaspora Puerto Rican woman in NYC:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15118905
53.3% European + 29.1% African + 17.6% North American

Mitochondrial DNA frequencies of Puerto Ricans
61.1% North American
24.6% African
12.5% European

http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/MartinezCruz...
Y chromosome DNA frequencies of Puerto Ricans
70% European
20% African
10% North American

I think it is safe to say most if not all Puerto Ricans have some black ancestry.
tom

Dallas, TX

#24 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>Jay-Z,Ice Cube and most other rappers even black comedians rap or talk bout the Mexicans in their music or comdey.
'Oh,Mexicans and hispanics r ours,or rap bout us bein 'cool w them' always mentionig the Mexicano or the Latino in their lyrics.
and you all should be glad they are mentioning you in their lyrics, because what the white people say about you'all isn't good at all!

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>200,000 Mexicans show up over night,Oh, your a joker, you sure it's 200,000,not 500,00o or more?
I wasn't talking bout that when i mentioned the Asians,Mexicans and other races being picked over the AA's for jobs.I was saying that in general, from the beggining of racism.Black ppl were always chosen last, in everything and that is why,in my opinion they are undercoverly angry and hate everyone(in a way).I don't blame them, but i don't want to be a part of helping them gain their power so they can crush me back down cuz im not black!
sure, illegal mexicans will show up and within a short period of time 100s of thousands will be in a metro area, where there weren't any. like charlotte, and atlanta, and memphis, and nyc. that's a problem. it's one thing for illegal mexicans to be in hispanic areas messing it up for other hispanics. it's a completely different story when they doing this to other non-hispanics who don't want them around.
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#26 Jan 31, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>Finally someone with some sense posted something. Most Mexicans think they are closer to white..I guess because their lighter than(some) blacks. What they fail to realize is that white Americans DO NOT like them. Black people will accept them as friends quicker that's for sure...Also whites were inslaved back in the day too. I'm positive most ethnicities ancestors were victims of slavery.
I never denyed what the whites did to us or said i favoured them, all i was saying is that i dun trust the blacks eather and i explained why!
No we don't think were closer to the whites.
The whites can say the same bout us and the blacks'Oh, they're closer to the blacks'.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#28 Jan 31, 2012
Girl18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I live in Southern CA and Blacks dont give a crap about Mexicans down here. We do not get along. Alot of them are illegal anyway and be taking away jobs from hardworking American citizens. Trust me, they are not loved.
things are very different on the east coast. aa and latinos out here have the highest interracial marriage rate of any other combo.
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#29 Jan 31, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, illegal mexicans will show up and within a short period of time 100s of thousands will be in a metro area, where there weren't any. like charlotte, and atlanta, and memphis, and nyc. that's a problem. it's one thing for illegal mexicans to be in hispanic areas messing it up for other hispanics. it's a completely different story when they doing this to other non-hispanics who don't want them around.
Your so ignorin what im typin.
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#30 Jan 31, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Autosomal DNA of diaspora Puerto Rican woman in NYC:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15118905
53.3% European + 29.1% African + 17.6% North American
Mitochondrial DNA frequencies of Puerto Ricans
61.1% North American
24.6% African
12.5% European
http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/MartinezCruz...
Y chromosome DNA frequencies of Puerto Ricans
70% European
20% African
10% North American
I think it is safe to say most if not all Puerto Ricans have some black ancestry.
South America is not a black continent, never was.Puerto Rican rootz are not black!

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31 Jan 31, 2012
Just pointed out how it was irritating regardless. Why? Because I for one have done a LOT to personally fight for the rights of mexicans in the work place at my own expense when I saw how the whites were mistreating them and paying them low wages below everyone else. Calling them out of their names with stereotypes. I, personally hired them in other jobs where the whites didn't even want them in the workplace. I personally, helped some get living places, even though I knew that they were bringing others into the houses. I can go on. But, you get the gyst. It's not all back relations.

As for a puerto rican, I dated one for 3 years before and we are STILL friends as well as all of his family.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#32 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>South America is not a black continent, never was.Puerto Rican rootz are not black!
Where in that whole post did I mention South America? Stop deluding.

DNA evidence vs your flawed opinion. DNA evidence wins sorry. Most if not all Puerto Ricans have black African admixture confirmed with DNA ancestry and historical events (Atlantic slave trade).
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#33 Jan 31, 2012
unfazed wrote:
Just pointed out how it was irritating regardless. Why? Because I for one have done a LOT to personally fight for the rights of mexicans in the work place at my own expense when I saw how the whites were mistreating them and paying them low wages below everyone else. Calling them out of their names with stereotypes. I, personally hired them in other jobs where the whites didn't even want them in the workplace. I personally, helped some get living places, even though I knew that they were bringing others into the houses. I can go on. But, you get the gyst. It's not all back relations.
As for a puerto rican, I dated one for 3 years before and we are STILL friends as well as all of his family.
That doesan't mean that all Mex or Hispanics had those same experiences with the blacks.
Also,what im sayin s that the Mex and even the Hispanics need to 'have their own'.Ya, ppl help here n there, even we support and help the blacks, but to side w them and say were one ppl,even against the whites, i dun trust that.
Black ppl, jus like the whites, have their own agendas.

“Dont Play With Me”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#34 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>South America is not a black continent, never was.Puerto Rican rootz are not black!
Speaking as a Pan Africanist, Brazil has the highest Black population in the African Dispora 2nd is Nigeria. There are alot of Afro Latinos in Puerto Rico and esp Latin America. The problem is that alot of these people have a whole bunch of labels so they dont label themselves "Black" Plus, alot of Afro Latinos on the Census they dont label themselves "Black" Puerto Rico has alot of African culture within it. The language, food, dance, music even some of their features are African.
BAF

New York, NY

#36 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
Or that we should stick to them against the white people?
I agree that there is somewhat a kinship between the blacks and the Mexicans but only when it comes down to the racism we both experienced.
Other than that, we are not black,our cultures are totally differend and also,i find that the so called respect the blacks have for the Mexicans is only temporary!
Black people don't respect no one but themself, especially after what they've been through and they like to use other races who aren't white to help them get powerfull gainst the whites.Then,they gon(like they always do)show us their true colours.
Black people think that the Mexicans are a joke, physically were small, our accents are funny, were never taken seriously and this is a fact.
On top of all this everythin is cool between us all till theres a conflict and the blacks must always win, can't lose to no Mexican.
I think Mexicans on the West coast try to distance themselves from blacks but at the same time adopt black culture. For the most part they dress like inner city blacks,listen to hip hop,gang bang,spray paint,throw up sets,use the "N" word to describe their own men,drink 40's (or in Cali 32oz),bling out and use pretty much all of black slang. But then turn around and target blacks in drive by's and try and tur the racial animosity on blacks. I think the early immigrants from Mexico back in the 50's and 60's first moved into black neighborhoods and learned how to toughen up USA style. It's no secret that blacks preyed on Mexicans in those early years and that today there is alot of resentment for that from the Mexican side. But I really dont see blacks in Cali expecting Mexicans to take their side on any issue. More so on the East coast where there isnt an issue but on the West coast blacks and Mexicans have problems with each other and neither side wants to be affiliated with the other...although Mexicans adopted black culture and blacks do nothing remotely Mexican.
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#37 Jan 31, 2012
Girl18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as a Pan Africanist, Brazil has the highest Black population in the African Dispora 2nd is Nigeria. There are alot of Afro Latinos in Puerto Rico and esp Latin America. The problem is that alot of these people have a whole bunch of labels so they dont label themselves "Black" Plus, alot of Afro Latinos on the Census they dont label themselves "Black" Puerto Rico has alot of African culture within it. The language, food, dance, music even some of their features are African.
I never denyed that, i kno that Brazil and Puerto Rico have a huge number of blacks and that they have their culture within, but what im sayin is that those aren't Puerto Rican rooooootz.Here theyre sayin that every PR is mixed w black and we all kno thats a lie!Thats all folks.
Johnaya

Loreauville, LA

#38 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>South America is not a black continent, never was.Puerto Rican rootz are not black!
Puerto Rican is NOT I repeat NOT a race....it's a nationality just like Latino is not a race!! It is definately possible to have a black puerto Rican or black latino. Like Zoe Saldana is a black Latino. Her nationality is Latino but her race is black. People always tend to get this subject confused. There are only three races. Black, white, and Asian. Everything else is a nationality. It is very possible to have a black puerto Rican (aka a puerto of African ancestry) just like it is possible to have a white puerto Rican (of european ancestry) Have you ever sat there and
wondered why someone There are some many different shades of people even people of the same ethnicity? It's because we are all mixed with something. There is no such thing as a pure race. Since the beginning of time people have been race mixing. There are black women in my family that are drastically paler than an average white person. It's because people in my family are of different ethnicities.

“Dont Play With Me”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#39 Jan 31, 2012
BAF wrote:
<quoted text>I think Mexicans on the West coast try to distance themselves from blacks but at the same time adopt black culture. For the most part they dress like inner city blacks,listen to hip hop,gang bang,spray paint,throw up sets,use the "N" word to describe their own men,drink 40's (or in Cali 32oz),bling out and use pretty much all of black slang. But then turn around and target blacks in drive by's and try and tur the racial animosity on blacks. I think the early immigrants from Mexico back in the 50's and 60's first moved into black neighborhoods and learned how to toughen up USA style. It's no secret that blacks preyed on Mexicans in those early years and that today there is alot of resentment for that from the Mexican side. But I really dont see blacks in Cali expecting Mexicans to take their side on any issue. More so on the East coast where there isnt an issue but on the West coast blacks and Mexicans have problems with each other and neither side wants to be affiliated with the other...although Mexicans adopted black culture and blacks do nothing remotely Mexican.
Yes they definetely embrace Black culture. They dress like us, dance like us, listen to our music, watch our tv shows, they do everything that we do but at the same time hate on us. It makes no sense but whatever. I just think that they need to stop taking jobs from American citizens and go back to Mexico(the illegals)

“Cardinals-World Series :}”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#40 Jan 31, 2012
This chick is delusional. Idk where she lives. But black people generally don't give a damn about mexicans just as mexicans generally don't give a damn about blacks. I've never heard a black say mexicans are black either smh. Someone was searching for attention.
Rosa

Kanata, Canada

#41 Jan 31, 2012
BAF wrote:
<quoted text>I think Mexicans on the West coast try to distance themselves from blacks but at the same time adopt black culture. For the most part they dress like inner city blacks,listen to hip hop,gang bang,spray paint,throw up sets,use the "N" word to describe their own men,drink 40's (or in Cali 32oz),bling out and use pretty much all of black slang. But then turn around and target blacks in drive by's and try and tur the racial animosity on blacks. I think the early immigrants from Mexico back in the 50's and 60's first moved into black neighborhoods and learned how to toughen up USA style. It's no secret that blacks preyed on Mexicans in those early years and that today there is alot of resentment for that from the Mexican side. But I really dont see blacks in Cali expecting Mexicans to take their side on any issue. More so on the East coast where there isnt an issue but on the West coast blacks and Mexicans have problems with each other and neither side wants to be affiliated with the other...although Mexicans adopted black culture and blacks do nothing remotely Mexican.
Mexican gangsters known as cholos or cholas have their own unique style of dressing,themkp and hair.It looks nothing like no black gangsters.They speak Spanish and yes, the Mexicans and Hispanics have a lot to do with the culture of hip hop too.Lot of their ideas were also stolen from the blacks.Plz, the blacks n lationos bite off eachother-too!
.It's not just the Mexicans.
The spray painting shit too,all the art, the gangster art has nothing to do with the blacks.
Check it out on images.
You blacks are so full of yourselves,i kno, everyone stole everythin from you all.
Every second gangster black girl has her hair straigtened or done in some Mexican chixk style, but'The white girls stole their hair look.JOOOOKERZZZZZZ.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#42 Jan 31, 2012
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>I never denyed that, i kno that Brazil and Puerto Rico have a huge number of blacks and that they have their culture within, but what im sayin is that those aren't Puerto Rican rooooootz.Here theyre sayin that every PR is mixed w black and we all kno thats a lie!Thats all folks.
you are very ignorant. puerto rico has had a large african population since the beginning of colonization. even mexico has an african admixture. but there are a lot of afro-puerto ricans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,231,961
34 Murdered in Baltimore Since Freddie Gray Died 5 min tropical woman 86
why do white people hate other races so much 6 min lomaxx 237
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! 13 min Don Barros Serrano 254
White cop didn't ask BM was his car stolen....... 17 min KIP 21
REPARATION TIME $$cha ching$$ 21 min N Hater 270
Why is Maceo Jealous of WM and BW? 22 min KingsloveQueens 5
New name for the USA. 1 hr Tanjin 96
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Raada 120,468
More from around the web