Comments
2,101 - 2,120 of 2,185 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 24
tee

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2336
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

1

well i hear what ur sayin. im puerto rican an i alwayz here peeps sayin that PRs have black in them but i dont think so. now the PR men and the black men get along pretty good but there is a lot of tension between the puerto rican woman an the black woman. i think its tense between black females an latin females in general tho.

Sir, are you an idiot? Puerto Ricans are direct decendents of African people. In regards to Mexicans, until the 16th century, there was no Mexico Or Mexicans. Mexicans are a byproduct of the racIal and cultural mixing of Asian African Indians, white Spaniards, and African blacks. why do you people hate your Self and your forefathers so much? We all Come from the African female
tee Memphis

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2337
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

between 1500 and 1650, Spanish slave traders and explorer imported millions of African slaves into New Spain or Mexico, to dig in the mines for silver and gold. The intermingling of millions of black slaves with white Spanish conquistadors and African -Aztec Indian created a hybrid ethnicity. By the 19th century, people of African descent had been completely absorbed into Mexico's Mestizo population. Today's Mexicans are a biological and cultural mixing of white Europeans, Indians and people of African descent, its funny how people try to erase their Black Heritage by labeling them selves Mexicans, Hispanics, Latinos and Puerto Ricans..lol
Education

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2338
Mar 3, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

latinqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
well i hear what ur sayin. im puerto rican an i alwayz here peeps sayin that PRs have black in them but i dont think so. now the PR men and the black men get along pretty good but there is a lot of tension between the puerto rican woman an the black woman. i think its tense between black females an latin females in general tho.
Puerto Ricans are a mixture of african, spanish and Taino....

Puerto Ricans look just like mixed or light skin African americans do. 95% of the African slaves went to south america and the Caribbean and only 5% to the united states and canada... But it seems to be that the descendants of the 95% are have the least pride in their roots, and are the least educated despite having more african influenced culture, Vs. the 5% from the united states who have NO african culture or influence, but love themselves more and are more educated...

I don't know what the spanairds did to native and africans in the the Caribbean and the latin America to make them so self hating(I've met latinos who were more on the indiginous side who still kiss white people's feet) but all you have to do is read and educate youselves, because this amount of ignorance about yourselves is ridiculous when we have so much access to education... Libraries, books, internet... You're puerto Rican and didn't even know this much about yourself, and this makes latinos look ignorant when someone else can research your history and know more about it than you do. The very first African in the americas went to latin america, on the island of Hispaniola(Dominican republic and haiti) They were brought to work on the sugar cane plantations after the Europeans near killed the majority of Tainos there. Don't be another ignorant latina, reading is a very simple task and SHOULD be valued.
chasidy

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2339
Mar 13, 2014
 
Ok im black but anyways celebrities gon do that becuz there trying to capture more fans all races they care about money thats it and to be honest aa need to just stay to ourselves we dont try and be nobodys fuckin jokes aa dont be tripin like tht at the end of the day my ppl is proud of our brown dark brown and black skin cuz aa are the real brown skin ppl

“Do good 4 the good of humanity”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2340
Mar 13, 2014
 
Judging by today's illegal immigration issue, Blacks as a whole have shown that we can only be on OUR side above all. Illegal immigrants hurt our jobs just as much as Whites jobs or any other legal citizen's jobs here. Yeah I threw out illegal because majority of Mexicans have come here illegally. Most are only a legal citizen now because of the mismanaged anchor baby 'program'. So most of us do not automatically assume Mexicans are on our side. We are just as cautious about them as we are about Whites. We don't have many Mexicans here in Louisiana, and thank God we don't, so we can not relate to Mexicans like we can to maybe Puerto Ricans for example.
KIP

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2341
Mar 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rosa wrote:
Or that we should stick to them against the white people?
I agree that there is somewhat a kinship between the blacks and the Mexicans but only when it comes down to the racism we both experienced.
Other than that, we are not black,our cultures are totally differend and also,i find that the so called respect the blacks have for the Mexicans is only temporary!
Black people don't respect no one but themself, especially after what they've been through and they like to use other races who aren't white to help them get powerfull gainst the whites.Then,they gon(like they always do)show us their true colours.
Black people think that the Mexicans are a joke, physically were small, our accents are funny, were never taken seriously and this is a fact.
On top of all this everythin is cool between us all till theres a conflict and the blacks must always win, can't lose to no Mexican.
White folks simply want you OUT! In places like Arizona and Kansas they are supporting legislation to have you and your families deported or simply moved away. Is that simple enough for ya to understand?
Ron ReAGENT

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2343
Mar 19, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I sense a new reality show.

Survival of the Fittest: Deep roots Edition.

Contestants from various locations of the world and different origins put into teams. AA, MEX, EU, PR, AZN, etc etc
In events consisting of
-Shooting (guns arent provided),
-arching (you must build all this shit yourself).
-swimming
-running continously for hours
-finding food.
-triathlons
-Diving
-CQC (items or training not provided)

34 vs 34. As teammates are wiped out you work together to overrun the enemy side. But as the last few are left you turn on your own side as well, you cant be the best, without _______ the rest.

The prize? There is none.

Wait this aint a show this is current life tho.
Ron ReAGENT

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2344
Mar 19, 2014
 

Judged:

1

BrownEboy wrote:
Judging by today's illegal immigration issue, Blacks as a whole have shown that we can only be on OUR side above all. Illegal immigrants hurt our jobs just as much as Whites jobs or any other legal citizen's jobs here. Yeah I threw out illegal because majority of Mexicans have come here illegally. Most are only a legal citizen now because of the mismanaged anchor baby 'program'. So most of us do not automatically assume Mexicans are on our side. We are just as cautious about them as we are about Whites. We don't have many Mexicans here in Louisiana, and thank God we don't, so we can not relate to Mexicans like we can to maybe Puerto Ricans for example.
You just make the stereotypes too obvious seems like youre lazy and hate competition
Ron ReAGENT

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2345
Mar 19, 2014
 
KIP wrote:
<quoted text>
White folks simply want you OUT! In places like Arizona and Kansas they are supporting legislation to have you and your families deported or simply moved away. Is that simple enough for ya to understand?
Kinda like how the govt loves Louisiana and st louis so the "problomatic" people kill each other off and they laugh their ass off in office.
Ron ReAGENT

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2346
Mar 19, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

At the end of the day.. its a white mans world. Youre all just pawns in our game. from the education system to the drugs, from violence to peace offerings. Its all planned out. And its a hell of a lot of fun to sit back and watch it all. Best reality show.
Best part. When youre on the inside and going through demographics and societal norms events peaks and other data.. you wont believe what my colleagues have in mind for the future.
End isnt near, the beginning of the end is.

“Do good 4 the good of humanity”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2347
Mar 19, 2014
 
Ron ReAGENT wrote:
<quoted text>
You just make the stereotypes too obvious seems like youre lazy and hate competition
I have a job which is why I'm not on here 24/7 like some of these others are. I am also in college at one of the top schools in the country for medicine. Third, I don't mind competition but with all due respect to Mexicans, most of them can not compete with someone with a Master's degree. That's what I'm in school for right now. I'm not lazy. I'm just stating that most Blacks do not claim Mexicans on our side. We care just as much about our jobs like Whites do. Do you assume Whites, too, are lazy and hate competition or just hard working men like myself who happens to be of a different race? Don't think too hard.
The guy with the masters

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2349
Mar 23, 2014
 
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>Uhmmm,South America was not a black continet.Are ppl that dumb and ignorant.Puerto Rican ppls rootz are not black, that's Africa my black amigos.(no offence to you).
Let me enlighten you peasants
All races came from Africa, this is pre biblical (pre civilization for that matter)
It took thousands of years (50 to 100) for our world to diversify from Africa. In the next 10 thousand years there will be no white, black, asian, hispanic, or anything
One clue still remains today, Look at native Asians and Native Americans (Maya, Aztec, Cherokee), they look very similar
Do technically speaking, South America was a black continent...thousands of years ago
And remember, race is label used by governmental institutions to have order, it is not scientific.
I am white by the way, born in South Africa, and living in Pennsylvania.
jiv

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2350
Mar 28, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The guy with the masters wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me enlighten you peasants
All races came from Africa, this is pre biblical (pre civilization for that matter)
It took thousands of years (50 to 100) for our world to diversify from Africa. In the next 10 thousand years there will be no white, black, asian, hispanic, or anything
One clue still remains today, Look at native Asians and Native Americans (Maya, Aztec, Cherokee), they look very similar
Do technically speaking, South America was a black continent...thousands of years ago
And remember, race is label used by governmental institutions to have order, it is not scientific.
I am white by the way, born in South Africa, and living in Pennsylvania.
k?!??
Te amo

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2351
Mar 29, 2014
 
Black and Latino`s were slaves for the white people
jae

Opelika, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2352
Mar 30, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Everyone really needs a true history lesson on their origin. Especially the Latin population read your bible see the description of were Eden is located ..AFRICA.. first humans africans so how is it you choose to believe you are not of African desent?..and I'm not even mentioning the slave ships that landed everywhere..quick example my puerto rican family yes I'm puerto rican ..look at your national dish it's a traditional african dish as rice is to asia. You all should really read more instead of just assuming ..Mexicans are so confused they actually believe Spanish is their native language ..no it was the conquers language .you've been lied to your roots lie in Africa and asia
Jonathan

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2354
Apr 1, 2014
 
Mexicans and blacks will never get along
johnathan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2356
Apr 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Jonathan wrote:
Mexicans and blacks will never get along
an whites an every race
Roz

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2357
Apr 11, 2014
 
Its crazy how all races always think they know what the other race is about. What I want to see is everyone looking at each other as a individual. Because there is no pure race anymore. Everyone is mixed with some other race. So respect each other. It would be interesting to learn about all cultures. Im black.

“Do good 4 the good of humanity”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2359
Apr 12, 2014
 
Roz wrote:
Its crazy how all races always think they know what the other race is about. What I want to see is everyone looking at each other as a individual. Because there is no pure race anymore. Everyone is mixed with some other race. So respect each other. It would be interesting to learn about all cultures. Im black.
That's not true. There are still those who are untouched, not mixed, and pure bred. It's usually those living in what Whites deem as inhabitable places or "scary" places to them.
euziel

Hermosillo, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2360
Apr 16, 2014
 
what you guys think about mexicans being born in usa?
i love mexico becuz there are dark mexicans and you can give them nicknames bout their color and they will give you a worse one

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 3 min unfazed 4,536
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 3 min Redefined 1,798
The New Fight for Racial Justice 4 min Lawrence Wolf 12
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 4 min EbonyLove 3,007
I will never sell my Nigerian queens out 5 min BlackAngell 61
I miss topix.... 6 min Mr Anderson 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,674
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 7 min Gmoney AKA Big G 1,893
There's A War On The Black Male 8 min iamcuriousnow 381
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 1 hr uppercut 120,487
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••