Why do African-American women hate Et...

Why do African-American women hate Ethiopian women so much?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 57
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2008
I have been living among the Ethiopian and African-American communities. I feel comfortable in both communities but I'm always discriminated by the African-American women who are generally not very friendly towards me as soon as they find out I'm Ethiopian.

I've asked a few why their behavior changes and once a girl said "It's because you guys think you're better than us" I refuse to believe that as the reason. So what is really the reason they don't like us?
Somali guy

Etobicoke, Canada

#2 Sep 20, 2008
They are just ashamed and embarrassed that you have traditions, a culture and and history while they have rap music and basketball and being the white mans slaves as their traditions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Yeah, I'm A Guy”

Level 1

So What?

#3 Sep 20, 2008
Tsion wrote:
I have been living among the Ethiopian and African-American communities. I feel comfortable in both communities but I'm always discriminated by the African-American women who are generally not very friendly towards me as soon as they find out I'm Ethiopian.
I've asked a few why their behavior changes and once a girl said "It's because you guys think you're better than us" I refuse to believe that as the reason. So what is really the reason they don't like us?
Why should I hate you because you are Ethiopian? You are human just like I am. Maybe those who do hate on you might just be jealous but please DO NOT assume that ALL African American women are like that. I personally love learning new cultures but don't let it phase you. Remember, not everyone is going to like you so just live your life for yourself and no one else.

Much Peace and happiness :-)
Lollipop

Evansville, IN

#5 Sep 20, 2008
Most Americans don't really know what Ethiopian is enough to have an opinion on it. I've never heard of what you speak.

I was going to say 'troll,' but who knows?

Since: Mar 08

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2008
Lollipop wrote:
Most Americans don't really know what Ethiopian is enough to have an opinion on it. I've never heard of what you speak.
C/S.

United States

#7 Sep 20, 2008
Lollipop wrote:
If you're not an Ethiopian girl then you may not notice or experience it. I am not the only one who feels this way I've asked other Ethiopian girls and they also say they are frowned upon by African-American women. This is from my own personal experience so toss the troll part out.

Carle Place, NY

#8 Sep 20, 2008
You PEOPLE R TRULY DUMB. Can't you see the person CREATED this THREAD to RACE BAIT amongst PEOPLE of AFRICAN DESCENT???

It is CALLED DIVIDE and CONQUER.

United States

#9 Sep 20, 2008
RAGGA 007 wrote:
You PEOPLE R TRULY DUMB. Can't you see the person CREATED this THREAD to RACE BAIT amongst PEOPLE of AFRICAN DESCENT???
It is CALLED DIVIDE and CONQUER.
Divide and conquer huh? Maybe you're one of the ladies that hate Ethiopian girls.

“LOVE EXPRESSIONS, EVERCHANGING”

Since: Aug 08

SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE WTH OTHERS

#10 Sep 21, 2008
Somali guy wrote:
They are just ashamed and embarrassed that you have traditions, a culture and and history while they have rap music and basketball and being the white mans slaves as their traditions.
You should change your name to Stupid Guy. You need to defrost that Canadian brain of yours, take a trip down south and see that the rap culture is a youth based culture and over 80% of rap's consumers are white people. You are a hater of African Americans period. Keep hating because you hate yourself anyway.

#11 Sep 21, 2008
Tsion wrote:
In life, the experiences that you face are unique unto you. Some people do have the stereotype that you guys think that you are better and since you are not a hater of a type of person, if I were you I would educate them on their ignorance and let them know that you guys, the Ethios, for the most part, don't think this way. Some people in America are closed minded to the other black cultures of the world and expect that black should talk a certain way, act a certain way etc.
Aunt Jemima

Firebaugh, CA

#12 Sep 21, 2008
Tsion wrote:
Oh please little girl. AA women don't think twice about Ethiopian women. You just want someone to stroke your ego. You are not going to get it here. Nobody cares. AA women have other things that concern them than what some [email protected] Ethiopian girl thinks. And by the way, AA women don't know Ethiopian women to not like them.
Somali guy

Etobicoke, Canada

#13 Sep 21, 2008
You AA's are funny people. It is so funny how you fall for the white mans tricks and never seem to get out of it. Rap music and gangsterism is destroying your community. Why do you people settle for entertaining white people while they watch you kill each other in the streets of your ghettos? Obama was right, you people need to shape up and take responsibilities for your ills rather then blaming everyone else. Even here in Canada, the Jamaicans are running wild shoot up innocent people. The slave mentality is really sick and you people need to find way to escape it. And then they blame poverty for the ills. There are many people who are poor that are not killing people with gun violence.

#14 Sep 21, 2008
Somali guy wrote:
You AA's are funny people. It is so funny how you fall for the white mans tricks and never seem to get out of it. Rap music and gangsterism is destroying your community. Why do you people settle for entertaining white people while they watch you kill each other in the streets of your ghettos? Obama was right, you people need to shape up and take responsibilities for your ills rather then blaming everyone else. Even here in Canada, the Jamaicans are running wild shoot up innocent people. The slave mentality is really sick and you people need to find way to escape it. And then they blame poverty for the ills. There are many people who are poor that are not killing people with gun violence.
Go back to your country and tell that 13 year old soldier that.*SMH* As if your country is paradise.
Somali American

Seattle, WA

#15 Sep 26, 2008
Its funny how when AA's dont have anything better to say they resort to " oh well why dont u go back to ur country". Its pretty funny because atleast ethiopians, somalians and anyone else from african descent who came to the US know where to go unlike AA's. Honestly today if u were told to leave the country where would u go? Do u know what country u belong to? I feel sorry for AA's you are discriminated against in the US and every where else...ur the only ppl in the world that are burden just from your very existance....and that 13 yr old soldier is fighting for a cause and for his people when was the last time AA's have done that or ever for that matter... i mean whenever AA's have fought for the US they get discriminated in the army for giving up their lives too and the ones who survived wish they had died because they havent benefited for putting their lives in jeapordy, they come back to the same shit they left when in reality they should be war heros...The same way every other country gives respect to fallen soldiers like that 13 yr old boy!

“In the Space Love Demands”

Since: Oct 07

Black Love USA

#16 Sep 26, 2008
Tsion wrote:
It has been my experience that MOST Black
people from other nations are not friendly
and do feel superior to our people.

However, this is not always the case and
it is just as wrong to stereotype them
as other people stereotype Black women.

I don't know what to tell you.

According to the world as a Black woman I
am mean to everyone all the time.

It makes me wonder why so many Black women
go to comedy clubs and specials and watch
sitcoms, since we supposedly have no
mirth.

I hope you meet some real sisters soon.

“Learn to love yourself first!!”

Since: Oct 07

Georgia Peach

#17 Sep 26, 2008
Somali American wrote:
Its funny how when AA's dont have anything better to say they resort to " oh well why dont u go back to ur country". Its pretty funny because atleast ethiopians, somalians and anyone else from african descent who came to the US know where to go unlike AA's. Honestly today if u were told to leave the country where would u go? Do u know what country u belong to? I feel sorry for AA's you are discriminated against in the US and every where else...ur the only ppl in the world that are burden just from your very existance....and that 13 yr old soldier is fighting for a cause and for his people when was the last time AA's have done that or ever for that matter... i mean whenever AA's have fought for the US they get discriminated in the army for giving up their lives too and the ones who survived wish they had died because they havent benefited for putting their lives in jeapordy, they come back to the same shit they left when in reality they should be war heros...The same way every other country gives respect to fallen soldiers like that 13 yr old boy!
I dont hate Ethiopian women.I dont really even know any,but what do they have that I dont have or cant achieve. Matter of fact, I dont hate anyone. We may not know what tribe we come from but we were were born here so we are Americans. No one can tell us to tell leave somewhere that we helped build. Many black Americans arent burdens to anyone. We work hard to accomplish things in life. Maybe you need to be around different types of ppl instead of passing such harsh judgements on ppl. You may feel sorry for Black Americans, but when you come to this country, they view you as one of us, I dont care where you come from

Houston, TX

#18 Sep 26, 2008
Somali American wrote:
It is true, why don't you go back to your country if you're so superior ? You are definitely no better. You can't even run your own country. You sit comfortably in Canada and the U.S. and have the nerve to talk about black Americans lol. Arrogant for no reason. What have Somalis invented ? I beliebe superior people have a superior country. Sorry, I do not see Somalia as a superior nation AT ALL lol. You kill your own people because they are of a different clan. Your people are still nomads, moving from place to place for the seasons--that is primative ! You people were on the brink of starvation if it had not been for Canada, U.S. Australia, etc. You even run to Kenya but ahha, you know your place in Kenya. Your people dare not go to Kenya with this superior attitude unless you will get what the South Africans were doing to you (kicking that azz) lol. To be honest, I am happy you do not associate with black people. You are an embarrassment. We may come from slave ancestors but you are a present day slave. I would rather be a slave descendant that have an enslaved mind. If you are so superior, you country wouldn't be so f*&$ked up ! Please go back to Africa. We're Christians over here and believe do not belive in castrating our daughters. A plane to Muddydisho awaits you !

Houston, TX

#19 Sep 26, 2008
Also, a 13 year old boy should never be a soldier. That is inhumane but hey--I forgot the people we're talking about. Poorly trained thugs running around with machine guns on a Dakota pickup truck calling it a war lol.

“al Jihad al Akbar”

Bamako, Mali

#20 Sep 26, 2008
Go to Ethiopia and hate on the next starving, hungry, tired and desperate ethiopian woman im sure you will feel bad about yourself after that

Houston, TX

#21 Sep 26, 2008
Correction: I meant to say, I would rather be a slave descendant than to have an enslaved mind. See, they did it to you too. Oh wait--wasn't Somalia colonized by the punk azz Italians lol. Man I am ctfu at that one. Oh, even the British colonized you. Please stop the madness !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 57
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Every wake up with scratches or cuts? (Jan '08) 23 min SadButTrue 217
Why do white people smell like urine? (Oct '09) 23 min SadButTrue 45
Would Beyonce have sex with Trump? 38 min SadButTrue 56
"Africans" doing better than "blacks" in college? (Feb '11) 41 min SadButTrue 1,290
Maceo is a foolish old man 42 min SadButTrue 2
Black women are jealous of beautiful biracial/m... (Feb '16) 44 min SadButTrue 602
Black women Do Not Look Tranny 44 min SadButTrue 11
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 46 min SadButTrue 620
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 2 hr SadButTrue 1,194
IS DRILLING for the NERVE 2 hr SadButTrue 32
There Are Not Even 1 Billion Whites On Earth 2 hr SadButTrue 22
White guys are better in bed - according to bla... 2 hr SadButTrue 60
More from around the web