Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Raising biracial kids in 2013: The challenges and the opportunities for the African-American community
by Suzanne Rust | August 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM

What does raising a biracial child mean now?

“It certainly is much easier raising a biracial child today versus several years ago,” Dr. Gardere continued.“Back then the issue was that a biracial child, if he or she were part black, was still considered to be ‘black’ by identity. However, being biracial these days there is more of a struggle and a legitimacy to being considered ‘other.’ For the child, that means being a race that is a combination of the parents, but that does not fit any existing category other than the ‘other.’ The issue in their mind is how do they fit into a race called ‘other.’”

Suzanne, an African-American independent bookkeeper, whose daughter Olivia is biracial, agrees that times have changed. Yet to her, things are more comfortable for mixed race children than ever.

“I think it’s very different today than, say 40 years ago. Being biracial is less of an oddity,” she said.“It doesn’t feel as necessary to identify with one group or the other. I remember, many moons ago, when biracial kids often complained about being ostracized by both white and black groups. Olivia has always mixed comfortably with both, and I’ve seen many other biracial kids mix comfortably with both. Maybe living in New York City has colored my opinion. There’s such diversity here. I think racially mixed children will become more the norm as America continues to grow.”

Ann Marie, a white attorney who lives in Manhattan with her black husband Vince and three sons, ages 16, 12 and 10, sees things a differently.

“It is still an issue raising a biracial child in America,” she told theGrio.“Things have only changed so much in this country. A biracial child, especially one who is half African-American, is still black in America. But they are also subjected to the further prejudices of being the child of a mixed race union. These prejudices are still alive and well and it takes a lot of work to protect children from the nuances of this prejudice.”

Jason, a white man married to a black woman with a biracial son, added that one of the most fearful aspects of raising a child of color is determining how can we can keep them safe, particularly young men of color who are also biracial.

“It’s an interesting moment to consider issues of raising a biracial son…” the Urbana, Ill. native told theGrio, referring to the many shooting deaths involving young, black teen men that have made national headlines.

Issues such as racial profiling, gun violence and Stand Your Ground raised in the aftermath of these cases have led Jason to state,“I believe raising a biracial child in America unfortunately remains an issue.”

I would certainly agree. Telling my lovely and peaceful son that he might be perceived as a threat by others, and having to recite for him the “if-a-cop-stops-you-make-sure- they-can-see-your-hands-at-all -times” black mother mantra, was one of the most painful lessons that I had to teach him.

Black males do abandon 69% of biracial children and almost 78% of Black children by a Black mother.

http://thegrio.com/2013/raising-biracial-kids...
Say My Name

Ilford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

While black women never abandon their biracial kids.

Why? Because black women love living their lives through half white kids. They become proud of the kids lighter skin and less curly hair.

To go with your grio link

http://thegrio.com/2012/03/08/gloria-king-of-...

Lol some of them just go for white.

http://thegrio.com/2011/10/24/black-parents-a...

SAD BUT TRUE, YOU ARE SICK AND LONELY AND WILL DIE ALONE. NOBODY WANTS TO MARRY YOU.

MACEO GETS MARRIED
MACEO STAYS WINNING

MACEO FOR PRESIDENT
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

I didn't read your long as comment but Im responding to this title.

I'm tired of all those licehead wrinkled white bitchs chasing our men.

White men Keep your white bitches on a lease & there won't be so many biracial children.problem solved!
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Say My Name wrote:
While black women never abandon their biracial kids.
Why? Because black women love living their lives through half white kids. They become proud of the kids lighter skin and less curly hair.
To go with your grio link
http://thegrio.com/2012/03/08/gloria-king-of-...
Lol some of them just go for white.
http://thegrio.com/2011/10/24/black-parents-a...
SAD BUT TRUE, YOU ARE SICK AND LONELY AND WILL DIE ALONE. NOBODY WANTS TO MARRY YOU.
MACEO GETS MARRIED
MACEO STAYS WINNING
MACEO FOR PRESIDENT
SOME black women like mixed children cause they are WEAK & brainwashed into thinking light is better.

What do you expect with all this black girl/woman bashing 24/7.

Most black women have black children. We are very strong people. despite the worlds hate for us. At least we don't commit SUICIDE if someone calls us fat or ugly. White women have all the praise & they still are weak & kill themselves over DUMB shit.
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

God did not create mixed people.
Say My Name

Ilford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

michele wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME black women like mixed children cause they are WEAK & brainwashed into thinking light is better.
Most black women have black children. We are very strong people. despite the worlds hate for us. At least we don't commit SUICIDE if someone calls us fat or ugly. White women have all the praise & they still are weak & kill themselves over DUMB shit.
i don't bash black women 24/7. Probably 0.1/7
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

michele wrote:
White men Keep your white bitches on a lease & there won't be so many biracial children.problem solved!
MACEO

You don't have much of your life left FOOLISH Scoffer!

All you did was chase White women, married one, ran to adultery and everything was about YOU!

You wasted decades hating on Black women, whining, bytching and you've never done anything for the Black race period! You have "Nothing to show" for your time like a FOOL!

Your Broke, Old and Impotent so what difference does it make for you to turn gay?

As sickly as you are, your not having any SEX and your broke so its pretty much over for you! Your IMPOTENT!

You can invest your time mentoring younger Black men or join a church but lets be honest, folks are going to look at your life and laugh! As we get older we look at a person's choices and judge them on the collective decisions over the span of their lives.

Your a selfish, self centered Bastard!

I don't care how nice you TRY to come across your CHARACTER IS YOU! LMAO

YOUR NOT A NICE MAN YOUR A SELFISH SELF CENTERED SOCFFER AND YOU REAPED WHAT YOU'VE SOWN AND YOUR BITTER ABOUT IT.

It was Your life long Mission to get back at Black women and it "Backfired" in your face. You saying White women are superior, as well as other races didn't work for you. Collectively Black men are not seen in a good light.

You never did anything for your White wife either except Disrespect her openly and laugh about it! You thought tearing Black women down and running to adultery on your White wife with White women in your office made you a Man! LMAO

NOW YOU HAVE TO FACE YOU MACEO AND YOUR ALONE! LMAO

fyi, I'm not against WW or IR relationships, I'm against Foolish men who destroy their own race like you did!
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

michele wrote:
MACEO

You don't have much of your life left FOOLISH Scoffer!

All you did was chase White women, married one, ran to adultery and everything was about YOU!

You wasted decades hating on Black women, whining, bytching and you've never done anything for the Black race period! You have "Nothing to show" for your time like a FOOL!

Your Broke, Old and Impotent so what difference does it make for you to turn gay?

As sickly as you are, your not having any SEX and your broke so its pretty much over for you! Your IMPOTENT!

You can invest your time mentoring younger Black men or join a church but lets be honest, folks are going to look at your life and laugh! As we get older we look at a person's choices and judge them on the collective decisions over the span of their lives.

Your a selfish, self centered Bastard!

I don't care how nice you TRY to come across your CHARACTER IS YOU! LMAO

YOUR NOT A NICE MAN YOUR A SELFISH SELF CENTERED SOCFFER AND YOU REAPED WHAT YOU'VE SOWN AND YOUR BITTER ABOUT IT.

It was Your life long Mission to get back at Black women and it "Backfired" in your face. You saying White women are superior, as well as other races didn't work for you. Collectively Black men are not seen in a good light.

You never did anything for your White wife either except Disrespect her openly and laugh about it! You thought tearing Black women down and running to adultery on your White wife with White women in your office made you a Man! LMAO

NOW YOU HAVE TO FACE YOU MACEO AND YOUR ALONE! LMAO

fyi, I'm not against WW or IR relationships, I'm against Foolish men who destroy their own race like you did!
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

michele wrote:
<quoted text>
MACEO

The only reason why you didn't have biracial kids is your a selfish self centered Bastard!

You'll paying for that NOW!

You were all about YOU ONLY!
Drilling for the nerve

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

michele wrote:

Would a loving, caring God create the most violent, the most destructive, and the most racist demographic of people on this planet or any other?

Of course not.

Ergo, black people are the Devil's spawn.
Red zone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Drilling for the nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a loving, caring God create the most violent, the most destructive, and the most racist demographic of people on this planet or any other?
Of course not.
Ergo, "White people" are the Devil's spawn.
There, I fixed it for you. See an history book.
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Of course not.
Ergo, black people are the Devil's spawn.
You poor ignorant fool. You need to do some research on your people.

White people have killed slaughted raped inslaved more people than any other race in the history of mankind.
invaded every soil God put his people on. & taken over inslaved the people stolen their land & culture & claimed as your own.

white media portray blacks as violent & destructive. Whites are violent & MORE destructive. Its just not portrayed in the media because the media is run by whitey.

Ever notice in the media when a white man does something the race is not mentioned, thats how you know they are referring to a white. But when its a black or hispanic or Asian. The race is mentioned. White people hardly go to jail for your crimes & you are acquitted mostly.

Black people are doing hard time for drugs, when whiteys don't even go to jail for drugs. White people mostly go to jail for murder & raping their children. Otherwise you get off, thats why more blacks are locked up than whites. they outta throw you beatiality sickos in jail. If that happens whites will definately out number blacks in jail.
Drilling for the nerve

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

"Black males do abandon 69% of biracial children and almost 78% of Black children by a Black mother."

I try to find a silver lining in every situation, so I guess we should be thankful the black community saves a ton of money on Fathers Day cards every year.
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

"Black males do abandon 69% of biracial children and almost 78% of Black children by a Black mother."
I try to find a silver lining in every situation, so I guess we should be thankful the black community saves a ton of money on Fathers Day cards every year.
The silver lining is for you feminine girly white men to figure out a way to keep those wrinkled pink sluts away from our black men. Then there will be less biracial children.
Drilling for the nerve

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

michele wrote:
<quoted text>
The silver lining is for you feminine girly white men to figure out a way to keep those wrinkled pink sluts away from our black men. Then there will be less biracial children.

Black men run to the much slimmer, 250 pound, bleached-blond white girls. If you lost 125 pounds, the silver lining would be you'd have a man of your own and only be 75 pounds overweight.

Just trying to help you out here, sweet thang. No need to go ghetto on me.
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Black men run to the much slimmer, 250 pound, bleached-blond white girls. If you lost 125 pounds, the silver lining would be you'd have a man of your own and only be 75 pounds overweight.
Black men are with white women of all sizes & hair color where I'm from. Houston in infested with white bitchs that won't go get a white man.

& Now that you have helped me out. How bout you help yourself out & put your aging sluts on a lease. maybe tie them up or something so we can limit the number of biracial children before you pinkskins become extinct.
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If I lose some weight do you promise to act like a grown up male instead of a pedophile? & stop demanding your women weigh 90lbs and calling them fat.

Thats the problem with you white men. You think everybody is fat. You can't handle a real woman.
Blacks Are Worthless

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Biracial children don't have a tough life, so stop the lies Sapphire, full blooded very dark skinned black kids have all the problems because they are naturally looked down on as less attractive than their own light skinned biracial bretherin in the eyes of White society, the pecking order of acceptability & desirability in the social structure is Whites, all other races, than light skinned biracils than the full blooded very dark skinned blacks are on the bottom of the totem pole.
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Blacks Are Worthless wrote:
Biracial children don't have a tough life, so stop the lies Sapphire, full blooded very dark skinned black kids have all the problems because they are naturally looked down on as less attractive than their own light skinned biracial bretherin in the eyes of White society, the pecking order of acceptability & desirability in the social structure is Whites, all other races, than light skinned biracils than the full blooded very dark skinned blacks are on the bottom of the totem pole.
We might be on you bottom totem pole. But that doesn't stop you inbreds from copying everything we do.

Why do you inbreds COPY dark skinned blacks if we are so unattractive & worthless??

Come up with your own shit.

Everything black people do. 10, 15 years later white people copy it then call it their own.

You Copy us then belittle and degrade us on the internet.What kinda ass backwards pieces of shit Copy someone then belittle them. You pale people are truely TOUCHED by the devil.

“Halt die Klappe und kuss mich”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

michele wrote:
This comment just mad me LOL for real...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of231
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••