loretta

Montréal, Canada

#2 Jun 19, 2011
An abundance of Black men are incarcerated as the article stated, many of these men were also once children, many of them too never had a father figure around. Several of them most likely strayed toward the street life and began by selling drugs, robbing, stealing, just to get by because they know of no other way, because it wasn't taught to them. Another reason as to why, there is an absence of Black fathers is because, some of those same men who never got to know their father, are going out taking the lives of men, who never got the chance
loretta

Montréal, Canada

#3 Jun 19, 2011
Black men are falling victim to some of the highest murder rates in America, each day you hear of a Black man committing a crime, or being killed this has to end in order to keep our children safe. Some father's are not present within the household because of guilt, shame or just pity. They feel since they aren't able to support, their child like the honestly want to then, it is irrelevant for them to be around, well thats where they are wrong. Just because hard times roll around, doesn't mean abandon your spouse and child, that is the time in which Black fathers are needed the most. It is already hard on the child, and for a father to just up and leave that makes it, 10 times harder for them to bare then it already is.

Black fathers are needed more then they will ever know, children are growing up influenced by the negativity of the music they listen to, the shows they watch on television, and the things they see in the streets. Yes, sure mothers are needed also, but fathers set the boundaries and they complete the bond, and gives that since of security and protection. Children today are robbing, killing, doing drugs, having sex, producing offspring with no support, guidance is key to help them see it through to instill morals, and ethics within these children. As the statistics of Black men continue to rise so does the percentage of children growing up without a father, and in return those same children are most likely to continue the chain, of Black children growing up without Black fathers in America .

“...and I'll axe you back.”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

Indianapolis

#4 Jun 19, 2011
Fathers' Day is racist against blacks.
loretta

Montréal, Canada

#5 Jun 19, 2011
I personally know at least 15 black women from my social services contacts and not one has a father/husband in the home.
SMH!

“...and I'll axe you back.”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

Indianapolis

#6 Jun 19, 2011
loretta wrote:
I personally know at least 15 black women from my social services contacts and not one has a father/husband in the home.
SMH!
I don't think anyone can argue with this kind of experience or the position you've taken based on it.

Black men seem terrified by any responsibility, let alone the life-long commitment of being a father rather than just a sperm-donor.

They have systematically destroyed what little hope was achieved by the civil rights era, and destroyed black families and society at the same time.

I don't know what can be done. What do you think?

“THIS ACCOUNT IS CLOSED!”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 19, 2011
I know a black woman right now that's in her late 50's, and i found out that during her teen age years also all of her adult life she has chosen these thugs to be with. And any decent men that shows her any interest the ones with good jobs, drug and alcohol free these are the guys she don't want.

She is not the only black woman that's like this which is why a lot of black men date out the race.

I grew up in the projects, and those of us that went to school got way less coochie than the juvenile delinquent Poohkies that were among us. The ones that sold dope, stole cars, got all the attention from females.

So as you can see from my beginning post choosing thugs is something they never grow out of. I have even heard women laugh about being cougars, How they go back to liking 19 year old thugs. This comes after the ones that are their age end up dead on in prison they start all over again.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 Jun 19, 2011
well then, lets say happy fathers day to women that have to do it alone. it must be hard and disheartening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Tony Rome 1,109,462
Every Famous or Semi Famous BW are all with Whi... 5 min Big Knob 14
7 Reasons Why Black Men are Losers! 6 min BWEFocused 4
Do African American women like African men (May '11) 8 min realitee 129
Are Jewish Males the Top of the Racial Hierarchy? 10 min BWEFocused 3
BW Cuffed by Police for Kissing WM: Prostitute??? 12 min Big Knob 148
Most of our ancestors didnt come on slaveships? (Sep '10) 18 min God Body720 1,184
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 27 min ooo 120,855
White Woman Exposes The Sickness Of Desperate B... 32 min Yagurl C 533
Another white man beheaded by IsIs 45 min auman 209
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 1 hr Stupid Thread 592
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••