Evidence increasing for Eurasian orig...

Evidence increasing for Eurasian origin of Semitic languages

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Barros Serrano

United States

#1 May 19, 2010
1. Increasing evidence for words in common with Indoeuropean regarding plants and animals.

2. Location of Afroasiatic languages in Africa matches migration routes into Africa from Eurasia.

3. R Y-haplotype corresponding with the spread of Chadic languages.

4. De-classification of Oromo as Afroasiatic.

This makes much sense, actually, and explains various anomalies. Yes, Semitic speech was carried to Ethiopia from Arabia, not the other way around. And to Egypt and North Africa via the Sinai.

There is also evidence that the Neolithic Mideastern migrants into Europe spoke a Semitic language 7000 years ago.
Barros Serrano

United States

#2 May 19, 2010
Bump for the MASSES!!!

Scientific APF!
Barros Serrano

United States

#3 May 20, 2010
Afronazis will hate this... but with the removal of Oromo from the list of Afroasiatic languages, the argument for an African origin of that language phylum evaporates.

It appears that the region of the Nile heard Nilo-Saharan speech before Afroasiatic, the former being native, the latter an import from Eurasia.

This explains a lot about the distribution of the R haplotype in Africa, as well as the cultural connections of Afroasiatic with Indoeuropean.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 May 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
1. Increasing evidence for words in common with Indoeuropean regarding plants and animals.
2. Location of Afroasiatic languages in Africa matches migration routes into Africa from Eurasia.
3. R Y-haplotype corresponding with the spread of Chadic languages.
4. De-classification of Oromo as Afroasiatic.
This makes much sense, actually, and explains various anomalies. Yes, Semitic speech was carried to Ethiopia from Arabia, not the other way around. And to Egypt and North Africa via the Sinai.
There is also evidence that the Neolithic Mideastern migrants into Europe spoke a Semitic language 7000 years ago.
You're speaking to a very narrow audience, my friend :) But can I ask you a question - can you give me the borders of what you call "eurasia"?
Hotep

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 20, 2010
Modern telavised european Jews are not the vintage Hebrew Jews of Africa,Arabia or Ethiopia.THEY are Khazars who descended from caucus and converted through the backdoor of Judaism by claiming-jumping descendant kindred through Jacob's son Judah.The Ancient Hebrews came from the 12 sons of Jacob,all were ripe-skinned people with an abundance of melanin(africans),and are not mistaken unless purpously!.

The Ashkenazim formulates the section of Hebrew's judaism,which compiled of the pae skinned,mostly of Teutonic origin or amalgamtion.Originating from Russia,Germany and Poland,they spoke Yiddish and were distinguishable from the Falshim and the Sephardim.This is one reason why Judaism has 3 branches noted as conservative,orthadox and the reformed.The original hebrew religion was a religion of Peace(shalome).Moses tried to teach this religion to teach this religion to the people's of europe,but theuy sustained their war-like aggressive nature,even while they saturated through the Babylonian period.-The Exhuming of a Nation
Hotep

Atlanta, GA

#6 May 20, 2010
morrison 73

United States

#7 May 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
1. Increasing evidence for words in common with Indoeuropean regarding plants and animals.
2. Location of Afroasiatic languages in Africa matches migration routes into Africa from Eurasia.
3. R Y-haplotype corresponding with the spread of Chadic languages.
4. De-classification of Oromo as Afroasiatic.
This makes much sense, actually, and explains various anomalies. Yes, Semitic speech was carried to Ethiopia from Arabia, not the other way around. And to Egypt and North Africa via the Sinai.
There is also evidence that the Neolithic Mideastern migrants into Europe spoke a Semitic language 7000 years ago.


http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/they-all-lo...
morrison 73

United States

#8 May 20, 2010
AfricanPride

London, Canada

#9 May 20, 2010
Yeah you wish.

I don't see any scientific links.

The mainstream view is that Afro-Asiatic languages arose in East Africa and spread from there. Kinda funny how only Semitic is the only sub group found outside of Africa.

Lol.
9th Element

Netherlands

#10 May 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
Afronazis will hate this... but with the removal of Oromo from the list of Afroasiatic languages, the argument for an African origin of that language phylum evaporates.
It appears that the region of the Nile heard Nilo-Saharan speech before Afroasiatic, the former being native, the latter an import from Eurasia.
This explains a lot about the distribution of the R haplotype in Africa, as well as the cultural connections of Afroasiatic with Indoeuropean.
Where is the evidence to support your thesis?

When are you going to back up what you claim, with peer reviewed academic sources?


A Conversation with Christopher Ehret

Christopher Ehret, UCLA
Interviewed by WHC Co-editor Tom Laichas

WHC: You describe two other groups. One of them is the Afrasans. Can you talk about them for a moment?

Prof. Ehret: These are people who have been called Afro-Asiatic and also Afrasian. I'm saying "Afrasan" because I'm trying to get "Asia" out. There is still this idea that the Afro-Asiatic family had to come out of Asia. Once you realize that it's an African family with one little Asian offshoot, well, that itself is a very important lesson for world historians.

Source: University of Illinois Press.

http://www.historycooperative.org/journals/wh...
9th Element

Netherlands

#11 May 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
Afronazis will hate this... but with the removal of Oromo from the list of Afroasiatic languages, the argument for an African origin of that language phylum evaporates.
It appears that the region of the Nile heard Nilo-Saharan speech before Afroasiatic, the former being native, the latter an import from Eurasia.
This explains a lot about the distribution of the R haplotype in Africa, as well as the cultural connections of Afroasiatic with Indoeuropean.
Show me the link between Oromo and the diffusion from Asia, by the R-haplo. And if ever so, what did West Asians look like during the pre-Neolithic period. Who were these people anyway?

Is Omotic Afroasiatic?
A Critical Discussion.

Rolf Theil

Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies
University of Oslo, Norway

"Omotic looks like being a reasonably nuclear member of [AA]. For
example Blažek claims that for some 80 per cent of the names for parts

of the body found among the various Omotic languages cognates can
be identified among the Chadic languages—which … is a family of
languages situated on the other side of the African Continent"

The following comparison between OM and PIE is limited to
Fleming's alleged OM/AA cognates. The comparison is also
limited in another way: With few exceptions, OM is compared
to one language, PIE, and not to all the 449 IE languages (Gordon
2005); including all languages in the comparison would
have made it even easier to find similarities.

BE, CH, CU, EG, and SE forms are left out, but are found in
4.2-3. The source for IE forms is Mallory & Adams (2006),
unless other works are referred to.

I have included data from Greenberg's (2000-2002) Eurasiatic
(IE, Uralic, Altaic, Gilyak, Korean-Japanese-Ainu, Chukotian,
and Eskimo-Aleut) and Ruhlen's (1994)«global etymologies
». Fleming's methods are similar to those of Greenberg
and Ruhlen, and the EA and GE data emphasize the arbitrariness
of Fleming's results.

Most resemblances in grammatical morphology between
OM and AA are also found between OM and IE:

6 Conclusion

My conclusion is that Omotic should be treated as an independent
language family. No convincing alternative has ever
been presented.

Hayward (1995: 11) writes that «[i]t is, of course, a relief
not to have Omotic as an isolate; we do not need a whole
family of 'Basques' on our hands!» An alternative point of
view is possible. Africa is the cradle of mankind. Why are
there no language isolates on a continent where humans have
lived since language was invented?

http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/hf/iln/LING21...
9th Element

Netherlands

#12 May 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
Afronazis will hate this... but with the removal of Oromo from the list of Afroasiatic languages, the argument for an African origin of that language phylum evaporates.
It appears that the region of the Nile heard Nilo-Saharan speech before Afroasiatic, the former being native, the latter an import from Eurasia.This explains a lot about the distribution of the R haplotype in Africa, as well as the cultural connections of Afroasiatic with Indoeuropean.
Cambridge, Wednesday, 15 November 2006

The Omotic languages were the last branch of Afroasiatic to be formally recognised, and even today, some researchers would like to see them re-united with Cushitic. Nonetheless, following Bender (1975) and Hayward (1989), the acceptance of the distinctive nature of Omotic is the dominant paradigm. Bender (2000, 2003) has presented an overall picture of Omotic phonology, morphology and lexicon and collected together the majority of references as well as a variety of unpublished materials. The features of Omotic that continue to persuade authors such as Lamberti & Sottile (1997:19) it should be considered ‘West Cushitic’ are though by most researchers to be simply evidence of extensive long-term interactions between the two Afroasiatic branches.

Most likely, however, is that Omotic is simply older than the other branches of the phylum and this is in turn is because SW Ethiopia is the homeland of the phylum. If this is the case, then Omotic may well throw light on the primary expansion of Afroasiatic. Archaeology in this part of Ethiopia is too weak to advance any clear correlations, but it is possible to examine the Afroasiatic languages for possible reconstructions that may point to the lifeways of early speakers (Blench 2006).

http://www.rogerblench.info/Language%20data/A...
it bea rayscisz

United States

#13 May 20, 2010
....In come to Afrocentricks.....

lolz
9th Element

Netherlands

#14 May 20, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
1. Increasing evidence for words in common with Indoeuropean regarding plants and animals.
2. Location of Afroasiatic languages in Africa matches migration routes into Africa from Eurasia.
3. R Y-haplotype corresponding with the spread of Chadic languages.
4. De-classification of Oromo as Afroasiatic.
This makes much sense, actually, and explains various anomalies. Yes, Semitic speech was carried to Ethiopia from Arabia, not the other way around. And to Egypt and North Africa via the Sinai.
There is also evidence that the Neolithic Mideastern migrants into Europe spoke a Semitic language 7000 years ago.
Sorry to burst your bubble. But, as a matter of fact the opposite is very true.

It spread from East Africa into Asia.

ACADEMIC SOURCES SAY: Neolithic Mideasterns, were people from the Congo and Chad basin region.(Who I think eventually came from East-Africa, short before that time.)

You've failed again!
9th Element

Netherlands

#15 May 20, 2010
it bea rayscisz wrote:
....In come to Afrocentricks.....
lolz
LOLZ
AfricanPride

London, Canada

#16 May 20, 2010
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These Eurocentrics are now on a full force to try and take credit and separate East Africans from Africa.

This is their only hope since all their other nonsense failed.

Firts calling East African Horners as Caucasians. Now trying to take credit for Afrasian languages.

LMBAO.... Desperation if you ask me.

“As Above,So Below”

Since: Feb 10

The Resurrection

#17 May 20, 2010
After eading all this evidence,Barros is gonna have a hang over.

http://pr3rna.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/whi...
morrison 73

United States

#18 May 20, 2010
AfricanPride wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These Eurocentrics are now on a full force to try and take credit and separate East Africans from Africa.
This is their only hope since all their other nonsense failed.
Firts calling East African Horners as Caucasians. Now trying to take credit for Afrasian languages.
LMBAO.... Desperation if you ask me.
thats becuz they have no history...so they have to lean on black folks around the planet. Not to mention...we fall into their illusory boundaries. We think that somehow people were in their present state thousands of years ago. Its like the darker your skin is the less mobile u were on the planet lol... Like the earth gave birth to black folks in africa and magical cages stopped them from going anywhere or doing anything.
morrison 73

United States

#19 May 20, 2010
AfricanPride wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These Eurocentrics are now on a full force to try and take credit and separate East Africans from Africa.
This is their only hope since all their other nonsense failed.
Firts calling East African Horners as Caucasians. Now trying to take credit for Afrasian languages.
LMBAO.... Desperation if you ask me.
He has to link EUROPE to a haplotype and language. thats how they set up jurisDICTIONS (control). They have to own the language (attach it to their lineage)-make up bullshyt DICTIONaries, than get the people to abandon their languages and customs....only to adopt to the mutated corrupted version. the funny shyt about it all is Europa is an aboriginal black woman.. so no matter how much they try to claim something as europe...its really black either way
morrison 73

United States

#20 May 20, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,564,361
mexicans are better than negros they work hard ... (Nov '15) 6 min THISISOURCOUNTRY 56
White jokes! 7 min Cubbyfan 32
You CAN NOT tell me this creature is Human! 16 min Rich stars of the... 28
Crakkka jokes 16 min CubbyFan 11
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 32 min Evelyn 797
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 36 min Chalotte 64
News Racism still prevalent 50 years after riots 30 ... 3 hr CheifMac 49
RAW VIDEO: Teens Heckle Drowning Man 3 hr good bye chester 48
More from around the web