Can A Married Man Have Female Friends...

Can A Married Man Have Female Friends:Swade

Created by Swade on Feb 12, 2009

222 votes

Click on an option to vote

Oh Course..Why Not

Only Ugly female friends

HELL NO

Depends how close they are

Only when the Wife is around

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2009
I've been thinking about getting married one day yet I still don't wanna give up some close female friends I have collected along the way. Can women accept her husband with a female...who happens to be a model...and single...and kinda like you?

If not..where is the trust at.

“Reppin the 708”

Since: Nov 08

Harvey, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2009
Just curious, Is this the only threads you like making Swade?

Level 6

Location hidden

#3 Feb 12, 2009
King Goku Xlll wrote:
Just curious, Is this the only threads you like making Swade?
and what kind of threads are those..

“This was so much FUN!”

Since: Sep 08

Cairo, GA

#4 Feb 12, 2009
In my opinion, no. I mean, he can have acquaintances, but if a man is married and truly in love I dont see why he should wnt female friends to hang out with or be phone buddies with. That is disrespectful. Female acquaintances are fine but not hang out buddies or phone buddies

“Reppin the 708”

Since: Nov 08

Harvey, IL

#5 Feb 12, 2009
Swade wrote:
<quoted text>and what kind of threads are those..
Dating and relationship threads

Level 6

Location hidden

#6 Feb 12, 2009
Kristen_08 wrote:
In my opinion, no. I mean, he can have acquaintances, but if a man is married and truly in love I dont see why he should wnt female friends to hang out with or be phone buddies with. That is disrespectful. Female acquaintances are fine but not hang out buddies or phone buddies
why is it cool for a man to have man friends but not female friends. I feel that if the women truly doesnt trust her husband, then they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place..ya feel me. If I've been knowing a girl for 8 years and known my wife for 2 years, she can't expect me to just let that friendship go.

“This was so much FUN!”

Cairo, GA

#7 Feb 12, 2009
Swade wrote:
<quoted text>why is it cool for a man to have man friends but not female friends. I feel that if the women truly doesnt trust her husband, then they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place..ya feel me. If I've been knowing a girl for 8 years and known my wife for 2 years, she can't expect me to just let that friendship go.
there are certain rules of respect in marriage. talking on the phone with or hanging out with a girl who isnt related to u is disrespectful. end of story

Married women shouldnt have male hangout buddies either. Its disrespectful also. Its not about trust....its about marital respect. Thats why it important for men and women to discuss these kinds of things before getting married. lol. Im glad I have

Level 4

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Feb 12, 2009
I think its okay to have friends, but your wife/husband should be your best friend, and should place that friendship above all others
PLAU-TJ

Broken Arrow, OK

#9 Feb 12, 2009
Swade wrote:
I've been thinking about getting married one day yet I still don't wanna give up some close female friends I have collected along the way. Can women accept her husband with a female...who happens to be a model...and single...and kinda like you?
don't do it! Give up your female friends that is. Women have a way of trying to "suck" the life out of your very being.

What I mean by that is slowly (but assuredly) they will remove everyone from around you who either they 1) dislike, or 2) feel as though he OR she is competing for her time.

I'm all for the so-called "two" shall become one stuff, just not for losing individuality along the way.

And ladies, I'm all for healthy debate/discussion and love women dearly :)
PLAU-TJ

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Feb 12, 2009
justmeagain wrote:
I think its okay to have friends, but your wife/husband should be your best friend, and should place that friendship above all others
Hello there! and I second that notion.
FRIENDS should be able to intermix with mates as well...as long as it's not one of those types of friends that can't come to my house, then I'm cool.

Since: Jan 08

New York, NY

#11 Feb 12, 2009
Swade wrote:
I need the definition of who you call a female friend? Is she a X? or a former friend with benefits? or just a friend in the true sense of the word? If you had s#x with her then no way can you continue being friends with her. Besides who has the time?

“My future husband!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#12 Feb 12, 2009
Yeah, my future husband can have girl friends, and if they wanna hang out then I'm coming along too.

Level 4

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#13 Feb 12, 2009
PLAU-TJ wrote:
<quoted text>Hello there! and I second that notion.
FRIENDS should be able to intermix with mates as well...as long as it's not one of those types of friends that can't come to my house, then I'm cool.
;) and what type of friends can't come to your house..?

“In Grizz We Trust”

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2009
I'm going to say no, just like a married woman shouldn't have male friends.

“In Grizz We Trust”

Level 1

Location hidden

#15 Feb 12, 2009
Kristen_08 wrote:
<quoted text>
there are certain rules of respect in marriage. talking on the phone with or hanging out with a girl who isnt related to u is disrespectful. end of story
Married women shouldnt have male hangout buddies either. Its disrespectful also. Its not about trust....its about marital respect. Thats why it important for men and women to discuss these kinds of things before getting married. lol. Im glad I have
Very reasonable, I can agree with this.

“In Grizz We Trust”

Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Feb 12, 2009
I wouldn't even date a woman with a lot of male "friends", let alone marry one.
Lia

Calgary, Canada

#17 Feb 12, 2009
Kristen_08 wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely disagree some of my closest friends are males and my bf is completely ok with it because he trusts me, and I trust him. If you are in a loving and trusting relationship then you should have no problem with your partner having a close friend of the opposite sex

“Joel 2:1 & Ezekiel Chapt. 7”

Heaven

#18 Feb 12, 2009
Only the ugly ones lol and if you have some hot chicks as your friends they can only be around when she is around. And make sure you don't give your friends any attention either. lol

For the ladies...

Only men that are lazy, shorter than you, and fatter (like H U G E ) can be your friends. If they have high paying jobs and they're single... leave them alone don't talk to them anymore. And if they HAVE to be around for whatever reason your man better be there. And you can't give your friend any attention either.

lol

-fin

“Joel 2:1 & Ezekiel Chapt. 7”

Heaven

#19 Feb 12, 2009
If your married the only friends you need to have are your in-laws, your spouse nieces and other cousins that are kids.

“This was so much FUN!”

Cairo, GA

#20 Feb 12, 2009
Lia wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely disagree some of my closest friends are males and my bf is completely ok with it because he trusts me, and I trust him. If you are in a loving and trusting relationship then you should have no problem with your partner having a close friend of the opposite sex
i said MARRIED, Its about MARITAL RESPECT not trust

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do we know about Haplogroup E1b1a? (Oct '08) 19 min Fried 328
Black men slaves to white men 33 min Fried 3
Just saw black panther. 42 min Fried 12
Hallelujah! It's Dead N|glet Wednesday! 2 hr THX Restores Faith 1
Poll Should white people be made slaves ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Gay_Men_Rule 91
Smartest posters on Topix afam 2 hr Jake 89
Good Morning Beautiful Sun Kissed People 2 hr Jake 19
Florida School Shooter Was Jewish/Hispanic NOT ... 7 hr Rrr 34
More from around the web