cabsiiye

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#3153 Nov 22, 2007
Stahlhelm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass!
The Tutsi of Burundi and Rwanda are tallest people in afrika,and also the world's tallest people of the world.
lol whatever man dont cry
ethiopian

Seattle, WA

#3154 Nov 22, 2007
ShaKA_Zulu wrote:
Ethiopians are not black per se because they have WAY different customs than other blacks in the continent. In Kenya where am from we can spot an Ethiopian by his physical features same with the Somalis. The hair is definitely different from ours and most if not all of Ethiopians and Somalis are Islamic. In school we classified Africans into four groups:
i)Hottentots(hunter gatherers eg. San and KhoiKhoi occupy South african states )
ii)Bantus(they dominate West Africa, Southern Africa and parts of Eastern Africa and known for practising agriculture),
iii)Nilotes(The Sudanese are classified in this category and any other nomadic groups usually very tall and densely dark skinned they occupy East Africa). They are sub divided into three other groups but thats another story.
iv)Cushites these are the Ethiopians, Somalis, Nubians who occupy mostly northern and eastern africa. They are nomadic pastoralists. They are what you called tanned arabs if I may say. If you look at the east indians you'll find that they have some dark looking people in them but they're not black it's just simply because their ancestors were exposed to the sun more than others. If you think about it that could explain how black people came about.The melanin in our skin protects us from the rays of the sun and the tough nappy hair most love to hate was to help prevent moisture from evaporating too quickly.
I hope that answers your question if you spot any fallacies please respond
So tell me who they are ?How could u try to tell me that i am not black?I got dark skin mom and dad with thick hair.If i am ethiopian and call myself black,who are u to tell me i am not?

u are Kenneyan,aren't we brothers?
ethiopian

Seattle, WA

#3155 Nov 22, 2007
Konjit wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT DO YOU MEA HOW IS THAT IMPRESSIVE?
Did i say that to impress you?NO.
EW WHY WOULD I WANT TO LOOK INDIAN?ETHIOPIANS ARE SEXY !WHY WOULD I PASS UP BEING APART OF A SEXY RACE?Puh-lease LOL no offense but people even called ethiopians "THE HOTTER VERSION OF INDIANS" go type that up on google..LOL fuck out of here ..? nobody wants to be a damn indian im not even related to INDIANS i do not CARE about indians.IM IN CHICAGO IM WAY OUT OF ETHIOPIA!
WOW you got me so twisted i never said i LOOKED indian people TELL me i look indian i look ETHIOPIAN and i can pass for ARAB and ALOT more
oh woww...your full of yourself you twisted up all of my words i would never really like resembling an indian in chicago you guys are known to smell like crap eat funky food and not that attractive and super HAIRY not what i said but in chicago thats your rep..
why the freak would i want to claim that?do you want me to post pics of ethiopians with naturally STRAIGHT hair? i can and i know you'll shut your trap cause you'lll see how UN-NAPPY and HOW INDIAN oh my god i said indian YES looking it is.Ha so before you say i want to be INDIAN get your facts right for everything i say facially about ethiopians i can back up so before you run your mouth about all this false shit ask me do you have pictures of that.
STOP WRITING THESE BIG ASS PARAGRAPHS I DONT GOT TIME FOR THIS!
Konjit,When are u gone stop disrespecting other race.We have so many things to do in our land ethiopia.We have resone to be here.We have so many problem that needs to be fixed more than any other country in the world.How many of us have hard time getting in to USA.Instade of working hard and developing good relationship with other blacks,we should not say staff like this.Ur stright hair wont take u any where.I do not think like u.My parents did not teach me that i am white ,areb....I AM BLACK and i have love and respect for all blacks ...I wish u were not ethiopian.I hate u.RESPECT KONJIT
Afroqueen

Denmark

#3156 Nov 22, 2007
cabsiiye wrote:
<quoted text>
ogaden inhabit both the ogaden region and south-somalia, i dont think u should diss ogaden cuz there known 2 be the best looking somalis and the tallest people of africa
Tell her aboowe.. She's a confused halfbreed..
Afroqueen

Denmark

#3157 Nov 22, 2007
Stahlhelm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass!
The Tutsi of Burundi and Rwanda are tallest people in afrika,and also the world's tallest people of the world.
Tutsis and Masais are more elonngated than Somalis yes but Somalis are some of the tallest people in Africa and are the tallest people in the Horn of Africa so Cabsiiye is right about that.
Afroqueen

Denmark

#3158 Nov 22, 2007
asha wrote:
Afroqueen, thanks so much for showing me those pretty pics of somalians! But the thing that I wonder about hair --- and unlike konidiot and dumdum, who were making fun of me b/c I didn't know men dont' straigten their hair;;;;guess, that's just not in my experience, but probably they have to do it)===== I've seen pics of af-ams that seem to have silky hair, like Thandie Newton, except she's british-african, but I've always found this hair seems different to me....maybe it's just a perception that I have, but I think that mixture with subsaharan african people, doesn't result in silky hair....so the man you showed me, the somali president, I don't know what texture his hair is...it could very well be thicker texture that most somalis have but just he slicks it down. For example that other picture you showed me of the somali children, that you said had "soft" hair, well I've seen whites,arabs (w/o much subsaharan african admixture, at least that's what I think when I see them) indians have curly hair, but I think that their texture is different than a somalians that looks like they have softer hair....
Oh and Dumdum about arabs being racist to indians --- lol!!!--- this coming from a somali, whose ancestors were often slaves of arabs. Many arab nations have a long way to go as far as discrimination against people, whether b/c of race or religion and my friends (who include arabs, but open-minded and intelligent people who respect everyone) we talk about how many of arab nations exploit the poverty in india, philippines, indonesia and bangladesh by using the workers as laborers and they have no rights and live in abject poverty and how we wish we could try and change that. It's horrible!!! So are there arabs that are racists agaist indians, sure.....are there indians that are racist against arabs...sure; but does that mean I condone that --- obviously not with my comments :)!
The difference between arabs calling somalis "abeed" and them being racist to indians and zamzam and me, is that I don't claim to want to be arab and want arabs to like me, as I DEGRADE MY FELLOW BLACK SOMALIS - sorry retard, I'm not the one taking pride in trying to look arab or looking down on myself, if I did have dark skin, or use the same racist language that racist arabs (not all arabs are racist, I know some lovely people, who are ashamed of some of their countrymen's racism) us on my people --- don't you have any self-respect?
It amazes me that you seem to take pride in any, if any, even very little arab ancestory, that you might have had b/c you were slaves for them, than your Nigerian and Kenyan brothers --- with whom you have so much more descent from...this indian isn't going anywhere and like I said, I'm so putting your bullshit in check AND learning so much more about ethiopian history...didn't know we had descendeants of habeshi slaves in india....
I agree with you. Just want to show you their is some with softer hair than most Somalis. West Africans like Fulanis and Tuaregs have these hair texture too. Again like the somalis its not the majority who've straight hair.

West Africans:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/93071723_b4...

http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/spritesjun.suffo...
Afroqueen

Denmark

#3159 Nov 22, 2007
*their=there
Education is the Key

London, UK

#3160 Nov 22, 2007
Why are you people so fixated on looks? People on both sides of the discussion continue to base this debate on physical features. May I ask why?

Afroqueen, you seem to have a lot of sense – can you tell me why you are arguing with Konjit and Zamzam? Are you denying the fact that there are no racist Somalis and Ethiopians? There are racists among every group – including the PINKS. Don’t get me started on the RED/PINK ARABS and JEWS.

A person who is a racist in this day and age is the one with the problem. This is because today – I hope we know better. The racist is the inferior one. The racist is the one who will suffer in the end because what comes around goes around. It’s called cause and effect. The racist is an unhappy creature. The racist is the one with the mental illness.

Yes, Somalis are dark skinned people and they are from Africa, but that doesn’t mean that they must accept your definition of BLACK. Most Somalis don’t care what other people look like – they only identify with themselves and Ethiopians. BLACK as a culture – NO, BLACK as in dark skin – Yes. It’s that simple. Do most Somalis hate BLACKS or PINKS – no. They’d rather be left alone.

Afroqueen, you say that the Arabs look down on Somalis – well, the Somalis look down on them too. Somalis are not victims – they have always fought their own battles. You know we call them dagcas- because they are the RED/ PINK RACE like the JEWS.

Somalis and Ethiopians are not mixed. They are Ethiopian and Somali. Let them be. Live and Let Live.

They do not subscribe to the common ideology of racial definitions.
Education is the Key

London, UK

#3161 Nov 22, 2007
Somalis and Ethiopians identify with other Africans all over the world. They respect people in the same way that people respect them. They are really happy people and over the moon to be African. I’d rather be African any day then be RED/PINK, BROWN, BLACK, or PINK. And that’s not me offending those other cultures – but I just happen to love my origin.
Semere

AOL

#3162 Nov 22, 2007
Afroqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
Asha.. Here's some pictures with Somali children with very soft hair compared to the majority of other Africans. Notice that even though they have soft hair they still look like Somalis/Africans.
These children are beautiful. Nice pics Queen. Still they don't look much different from other african people. They don't look arabic with their feature and neither do they look caucasian. They would of fit a typical black american. On the president of somalia part. I don't think his hair is straight i think his hair is much curly and wavvy. And if he was to grow it more it would of come out that way. Remember that's a low cut trim he has. The same way Ramses the great hair was like his hair was more wavvy and curly. But wasn't straight. Europeons would let us to believe his hair is like them and that's not true. Alot of east africans hace wavvy, curly hair which is not straight. When they cut it and it barely growing it look straight but as they keep like it grow it start to look more curly and wavvy. But majority of the east africans hair is wolly like most africans. I have see somalians men with high afro cut. I don't also rule out the possibility of the somalians could of mixed with east indians from indian the dravidians. So that could explain why some of them would have straight hair. Good post my sister! Peace and Happy Thanksgiving to you! I don't know if there is any in europe do you celebrate that?
Education is the Key

London, UK

#3163 Nov 22, 2007
Who cares about hair? Who cares about nose?

Please get over this base, narcissistic, self- centred attitude.

Does it make you feel better that the majority of Ethiopians and Somalis have wavy hair? Fine they do.

Does it make you feel better that the majority of Ethiopians and Somalis have straight hair? Okay, they do.

That’s not what this discussion is about.

The question seems to aske if there is a diversity in Africa, or not? Yes, there is.

The Kenyans have dissimilar facial features to the Tanzanians, the Sudanese look different to the Senegalese. And so on and so forth.
Semere

AOL

#3164 Nov 22, 2007
Rock n Roll Woman wrote:
Why are Indians being discussed? They're not relevant to the main question: Are Ethiopians truly Black?
Ethiopians and Indians have very little to do with each other.
The reason why is because East indian and east africans are closely related in dna. It's been proven. You also know about the elamites who once occupied most of the middle east and mesopotamia. They were also related to the kushites themself. According to the bible the israelites were elamites. The hebrew people had to look much like the elamites in feature. They were a black people with wavvy, to curly wooly hair. But after war and destruction most of the elamites were wiped out by the amorites, assyrians and the chaldeans. While the others would mixed with the invading enemies and who later become arabs and persians over a few thousands yrs later. The middle east are mixed with foreign elements that didn't origin from there. But through war and destruction most of the middle east and mesopotamia history is lost. We will never know the full truth all we can do is assumed!
Semere

AOL

#3165 Nov 22, 2007
Afroqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Just want to show you their is some with softer hair than most Somalis. West Africans like Fulanis and Tuaregs have these hair texture too. Again like the somalis its not the majority who've straight hair.
West Africans:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/93071723_b4...
http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/spritesjun.suffo...
You ever wonder maybe some of them did mixed with the white berbers. I mean i know the original berbers are black but also remember the white berbers came later. And Probably why they have that hair who knows. All that matter is that they are black to brown. They are the indigineous people of africa. I agree with you black can come in many feature and hair texture doesn't have anything to do with them. In africa it's which tribe you're from. They are many different tribe and that seperate them from each other. It's only the europeons make a big difference in determine race. Race to the african it's not a issue only to the europeons. It's the same way namer saw his country divided with many kings and tribes. So he had to unified it some 5000 yrs ago. And that was the end of the tribal war. Africa have been that way since creation. And it will be that way till the end. Europeons need to get out of africa and stop writting their history which they have been twisting to suit their own needs. Africa, and the whole of asia are the black man land. LOL!
asha

Washington, DC

#3166 Nov 22, 2007
Semere wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason why is because East indian and east africans are closely related in dna. It's been proven. You also know about the elamites who once occupied most of the middle east and mesopotamia. They were also related to the kushites themself. According to the bible the israelites were elamites. The hebrew people had to look much like the elamites in feature. They were a black people with wavvy, to curly wooly hair. But after war and destruction most of the elamites were wiped out by the amorites, assyrians and the chaldeans. While the others would mixed with the invading enemies and who later become arabs and persians over a few thousands yrs later. The middle east are mixed with foreign elements that didn't origin from there. But through war and destruction most of the middle east and mesopotamia history is lost. We will never know the full truth all we can do is assumed!
Semere, I have to disagree with you there. South Asians do not have recent genetic ancestory with east africans...I can show you the genetic studies. later.

“White man Jesus (Devil) ”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3167 Nov 22, 2007
Rock n Roll Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
AAs, Whites, Indians, Somalis, Ethiopians... they're all tearing at each others throats! Insulting each others ethnicities, looks, relatives, intelligence, etc. They are not behaving like polite civilized people. More like watching a bunch of wild animals. This is a verbal battleground, not a chatroom.
You’re the only Caucasian who seems to be instigating this topic. Why don’t you butt out, because no cares what white people think.What is your motive?
Education is the Key

London, UK

#3168 Nov 22, 2007
Yes, you are right Asha.

East Africans do not share anything with Browns.
Yahtzee

Monroe, NC

#3169 Nov 22, 2007
With all the discussions about Black Europe, Moor invasions of Great Britan , Who is what colr , Ethiopians are Green ......, I have discovered that the Black Moroors are ACTUALLY decendents of a species of Fish.
The learned to walk on water and eventually learned to breath air.After 10000 years theri fines turne to legs and arms and they statred to build a community in Africa.

So when you're having fish tonight at Red Lobster , BEWARE ! that tilapia you're enjoying might be a long lost cousin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Moor
c diddy

United States

#3170 Nov 22, 2007
Rock n Roll Woman wrote:
This chatroom is no longer (and possibly never was) a place of intellectual debate. It's turned into a place of ethnic, racial, and personal attacks. It's full of hatred and bitterness. No one is focusing on what we came here for.
Konjit and ZamZam, there is no point in debating anymore. They are just going to insult our ethnicities and individual selves. A science chatroom might be better. Or an history one.
Well quit talking about it and LEAVE Cave Bitch(U won't be missed) and please do take your two self hating abeeds Koonjit and DumbDumb with you!
c diddy

United States

#3171 Nov 22, 2007
Konjit wrote:
<quoted text>
ethiopian culture isnt boring.
your simply siding with her because she agree's with you on racial terms and i dont.
So what if we're excessively religious people?Thats not boring dont call religion boring..its fun when your apart of the religion well whatever.
its your opinion.
I say youre boring because all the clips I've seen of your people(excluding the famine/war stuff) has been of you worshipping your white Jesus all day or peasant farmres working like slaves all day in coffe fields for next to nothing. Don't you people have a life outside of religion and farming?

Atleast Afroqueen has showed repeatedly Somalis have very active social lives and unique black African culture outside of farming and religon such as music, theater, and dances. Hell I was even impressed with the level of sophistication with their farmning techniques(atleast they are in 21st century and using tractor trailors instead of slaving in fields like Ethio peasant farmers) and by African terms even their housing is a step up from the mud huts of Ethiopians.Most of the housing looked like it was atleast built of brick(not mud and sticks) and took some intelligence to build.
C-Bisquit

Arcadia, CA

#3172 Nov 22, 2007
3000 comments and you guys still havent figured it out? Come on already
&fe ature=related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min red and right 1,207,861
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 4 min Carly HI YAH 112,762
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 8 min NotSoDivineMsM 122,887
Why shouldn't Blacks separate TOTALLY from Whites? 9 min ABM1977 9
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 10 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 165
Poll Are you a Christian? 13 min ABM1977 21
What progress have we made since the end of sla... 15 min thatsilentgirl 2
Why Whites can use the "N" word 58 min missy 70
What the hell is going on with black men? 1 hr lol 45
Biracial IS NOT black 1 hr AmeliaSkunks 544
More from around the web