Egypt's Place in Modern Africa

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rap city rhapsody

United States

#2 Dec 12, 2006
thanks for your information. yet, based on some conversations i've had with east africans (of which there are many in my city!), egyptians are not the only africans who closely align/identify with arabs. it's very interesting that divide and rule tactics continue to be effective even in the 21st century...
Valerie NM

Austin, TX

#3 Dec 13, 2006
Thank You BBS I echo Rap Citys appreciation for the information and history that you supplied. I have always been fascinated by Egypt and the racial/ cultural dynamics that continue there. Egypt located in Northern Africa and that there were many dynasties with the last native Drnasty being that of the Persians in 300 something BC is all I know or atleast can recall..So anymore information that you can provide will be appreciated emensly :) however if you tell me to research my own lol..I'll take no offense..but truly it is interesting to hear someone elses take on world history
BBS

Westland, MI

#4 Dec 13, 2006
You guys are more than welcome. There is more to come.
BBS

Westland, MI

#5 Dec 21, 2006
AHAHAHAHA! white people hate this...
Ibrahim

Gîza, Egypt

#6 Dec 30, 2006
well , you contradict your self here , first you say that the only true Egyptians are the fallahin , and then you say that many Arab tibes migrated to Egypt (including the ancestors of Gamal Abd el Nasser), so it is clear that many of the modern Fallahin are descendants of these Arab tribes and they never treated native Egyptians as slaves .

The Nubians were never considered true Egyptians and even in Ancient Egypt they were enslaved.

And Yes the Egyptians do not consider themselves Black Africans , simply because they are not and they were never so , i wonder when will the Black people (especially in the U.S) stop claiming Egypt and the Ancient Egyptian Civilization to themselves.

we dont align/identify ourselves as Arabs from our own invention , History , Language , Culture tells us that we are.

by the way i am an Egyptian of Arab origin (which dates back to 1700s), do you consider me now a foreigner and you (or Black Africans) are more related to the true Egyptians ?
jerry

Burlington, Canada

#7 Dec 31, 2006
Ibrahim, Egypt has very little in common with Arab history, language, or culture.

I suggest you check out this forum:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb....

While there are a few self-haters like yourself there, most stick to fact rather than fiction.
jerry

Burlington, Canada

#8 Dec 31, 2006
Ibrahim, Egypt has very little in common with Arab history, language, or culture. They're purely Black African.
jerry

Burlington, Canada

#9 Dec 31, 2006
Some good reading and discussions on egypt here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb....
Ibrahim

Egypt

#10 Dec 31, 2006
"" Ibrahim, Egypt has very little in common with Arab history, language, or culture. They're purely Black African. "" :DDD , this is really so funny !! maybe you didnt read the history of Egypt in the last 1400 years !! or you ignored it. did u ever visit Egypt ? how many Egyptians u have discussed this matter with them and told u that Egypt is purely Black African ???

the few self-haters like my self are nearly all the people i know.
jerry

Burlington, Canada

#12 Dec 31, 2006
Ibrahim wrote:
"" Ibrahim, Egypt has very little in common with Arab history, language, or culture. They're purely Black African. "" :DDD , this is really so funny !! maybe you didnt read the history of Egypt in the last 1400 years !! or you ignored it. did u ever visit Egypt ? how many Egyptians u have discussed this matter with them and told u that Egypt is purely Black African ???
Right, because modern Egyptians aren't the same people as Ancient Egyptians. European and Arab invasions changed all of that centuries ago.
Nyata

Granby, Canada

#14 Jan 1, 2007
Telling someone that Egypt was previously Christian would seem as a lost war. In the same way, it appears hard to convince someone that ancient Egypt was ruled by the common black person. History is manipulated by the new rulers.
BBS

Plymouth, MI

#16 Jan 1, 2007
Ibrahim wrote:
^^^^
I, like you are mixed ancestry. They would just call them mulattos or half-breeds or whatever.....anything but white. You can see why I have such an interest in ancient Egypt. It meant enough to me for me to actually go there and see for myself which I did. The trick is to take the trip from the upper Nile (deep into Ethiopia) and travel the Nile north. The Aswan Dam floodplain buried a lot of history.

BURIED A LOT OF BLACK HISTORY IS WHAT I MEANT..... BWAAHAHAHAHA!
Ibrahim

Egypt

#18 Jan 2, 2007
You cant diffrentiate between the Nubians & Ancient Egyptians , i am not claiming that i am of Ancient Egyptian origin or that i resemble them cuz as i said before i am of Arab-Turco origin . but i know for sure that there is a difference between Nubians and Egyptians and they are not the same people , the evidence is found on the walls of the ancient temples where the Egyptians clearly drawed themselves different from the Black Africans , the Ancient Egyptians were , like modern egyptians but in a lesser degree , a mixed people and not black nor white .
willing thinker

Warren, OH

#20 Jan 16, 2007
^^Who is literally black or white???

Genetically, Linguistically, Culturally, and from acient depictions they were physically african. Which is not surprising, considering that they trace back to nubian and further saharan peoples who's civilizations predated them before the sahara dried up.

If you look at the art, where the 'egyptians' are dark-brown and the 'nubians' are nearly black, it's usually when they show large numbers in uniform. Likely because the peoples to the south of them were GENERALLY darker.'Nubians'(which actually has something to do with gold and actually HAD nothing to do with race, now used to seperate undeniably black 'egyptians from ancient egypt') and 'Egyptians' when painted in regular human skin tones (they had white yellow red and black), had the same skin tones.

At one point when the ancient kemets (egypts) empire reached further south, those groups that lived there were painted in egyptian colors.

Furthermore, they equated themselves with other africans calling themselves as well as other africans Kmtwy "BLACK PEOPLE" and Rmwtwy "MEN OF MEN". They NEVER associated themselves with the asiatics, arabs, europeans(:D ). And they were concious of color, as they're depictions of the libyans changed from black to white (ancient libyans over time mixed with non africans).

Why are the DOUBLE BLIND reconstructions of pharoahs and such never showed or presented. And at the same time people show the ones done by a japenese team, american team, and a french womens team, which somehow look like the artists. And those are unneccisarily done when perfectly preserved papyri paintings remain, to the contrare.

The answer to these questions are obvious.
Ibrahim

Egypt

#21 Jan 24, 2007
check this website , it offers some good pictures of ancient egyptians and how they drawed themselves and how they clearly painted sub-saharan africans as different from them

http://www.geocities.com/enbp/
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#22 Apr 9, 2007
^I already read your little site and have this to say: it uses selective mis-information.

To get to the point, that site is saying that ancient Kemetians (Egyptians) differentiated themselves from souther (inner) africans. It bases itself off of artistry liken to this picture:

http://www.catchpenny.org/images/seti1a.gif

^This assertion is however wrong. I could show instances where Southerners are painted the same, or lighter than the Kemetian norm. Such as these. You wanna see some other africans?

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/punt7...

^Here are some other africans, then.

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/egy...

'Nubian' or southern girls dancing.^

Oh yeah, and below is an Egyptian ( Kemetian):

http://touregypt.net/featurestories/statuebea...

The problem with incesant picture spamming without analyzation is it leads you nowhere, to believe what you ever you want. Also, if anyone reading wants to find out, they could look up pictures them selves, or actually go to the tombs in Egypt when they open a NEW tomb. Everyone knows the VAST majority of kemetians are very dark brown.

What we need to do is assess, or analyze the situation.

We need to seperate symbolic pictures of women being yellow (symbolizing weak) from the ones where they are painted in an actual skin tone. We also need to seperate the pictures where they aren't trying to stress unique characteristics, and instead portray their subjects realisticly.

Most women were painted yellow, but a powerful female ruler was painted jet black. SYMBOLISM.

You've seen this:

http://www.catchpenny.org/images/seti1a.gif

You have'nt seen these, where Egyptians are painted black, or the same as 'nubians'. You can read Hieroglyphics, right? Look and read:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en...

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/4571/ancientegyptia...

^See the ones labeled Egyptians are only slightly different form the 'Nubians'.

Note: In reality, nubian is none-existent in the Mdu Nter (ancient Egyptian language) and comes from the word nub which only means gold. The word for blacks is kememou, which comes from kem the word for 'black'.

Linguists know that Egyptian comes from the Greek mis-interpretation of the name for Memphis, which was called the "House of Ptah". The Greeks got "AE-g-yp-ptos" or something like that.

Notice how in the pictures both the Kemetians and the Kushites have the squigly half-circle glyph kem, which means black.

The term they use for themselves is "ret na romé" or "men of men", a Nationality epithet used by many groups and tribes in africa. They used this interchangeable with "black men".

The word 'kemet' means blacks, not black land. No where in 'kemet' do you get land. This is an utter joke. The t makes it plural, so if land were anywhere to be found in the term kemet, or km.t, it would read "blacks land"! Lol.

Read any foreign text from earlier or around that actual time. They grouped them with africans. They drew them black in foreign art. They're dark brown in their art 'cause only black people notice skin tones like that! They said they came from the south, genetics proved they have, and even the 'nubians' to the south of them said Egypt was initially a colony of 'nubia'. Anthropology has proven this, as 'nubian' pharaohs, mummies, and such predate Egypt's. Ultimately, the oldest mummified Pharaoh was from the Saharah.- It's obvious!

The Ancient Egyptians were africans. Predominantly, anyways. The Dynatic 'Race', that is.
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#23 Apr 9, 2007
test
FOCAT

United States

#24 Apr 9, 2007
Ibrahim wrote:
You cant diffrentiate between the Nubians & Ancient Egyptians , i am not claiming that i am of Ancient Egyptian origin or that i resemble them cuz as i said before i am of Arab-Turco origin . but i know for sure that there is a difference between Nubians and Egyptians and they are not the same people , the evidence is found on the walls of the ancient temples where the Egyptians clearly drawed themselves different from the Black Africans , the Ancient Egyptians were , like modern egyptians but in a lesser degree , a mixed people and not black nor white .
http://users.cyberone.com.au/myers/diop5.jpg

http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/sphinx.html

http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/sphinx2.htm...

http://manuampim.com/ramesesIII.htm

The ancient Egyptians were from the posterity of Mizraim the son of Ham. And as we look at it the "sons of Ishmael" were from Abraham a Semite and Hagar and Egyptian.
Mack

Washington, DC

#25 Apr 9, 2007
Ibrahim wrote:
well , you contradict your self here , first you say that the only true Egyptians are the fallahin , and then you say that many Arab tibes migrated to Egypt (including the ancestors of Gamal Abd el Nasser), so it is clear that many of the modern Fallahin are descendants of these Arab tribes and they never treated native Egyptians as slaves .
The Nubians were never considered true Egyptians and even in Ancient Egypt they were enslaved.
And Yes the Egyptians do not consider themselves Black Africans , simply because they are not and they were never so , i wonder when will the Black people (especially in the U.S) stop claiming Egypt and the Ancient Egyptian Civilization to themselves.
we dont align/identify ourselves as Arabs from our own invention , History , Language , Culture tells us that we are.
by the way i am an Egyptian of Arab origin (which dates back to 1700s), do you consider me now a foreigner and you (or Black Africans) are more related to the true Egyptians ?
Ibrahim, I know you and your bastartd ass know it all Zahi Hawass is lying about the AE being "North African Caucasians". I know the black egyptians are still around today in southern Egypt. You're not fooling anyone. Give up this charade about you Arabs being real egyptians when you are not. Greedy a$$ dune crackers.
FOCAT

United States

#26 Apr 9, 2007
From what I understand, southern Egypt is actually northern Egypt but is called southern Egypt based on the direction that the Nile River flows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 dead over 30-wounded in Chicago weekend violence 2 min PRIMATES HATE BLACKS 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,521,401
NEGROES -- what would be your preferred method... 4 min crush lemons 32
Thank you white people for the Internet 17 min Ben 19
why are only ww used in dating ads? 19 min The Correct Axe 9
LOL! "D I D" it is. 19 min Keepin It Real 2
'Happy Days' actress Erin Moran DEAD 21 min Nunyabusiness 17
IRBW And Their Fantasies. 22 min Tranny x 591
White Pride Comes Roaring Back. 1 hr obammy b mo popular 28
JRT ~ Just got back from Vegas ~ 5 hr Chumlee Van Cleaf 25