Dialogue on Race Talks History of Free African-Americans - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, S...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The Dialogue on Race held a discussion about a unique aspect of Charlottesville and Albemarle County history.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2012
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Why don't they talk about the forced relocation of blacks from vinegar hill and the beloved Downtown Mall area to Garret Square et al.
the one

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Good point Rusty
Intelligence

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rusty wrote:
Why don't they talk about the forced relocation of blacks from vinegar hill and the beloved Downtown Mall area to Garret Square et al.
Because it doesn't help any of our children NOW in the present. If you keep focusing on what is behind us you never see where you need to go. With money needed for education, social services and other necessities this is a waste of resources!
Dude

Purcellville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Did they discuss the topic many shy away from? Freed blacks who owned slaves.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Intelligence wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it doesn't help any of our children NOW in the present. If you keep focusing on what is behind us you never see where you need to go. With money needed for education, social services and other necessities this is a waste of resources!
The title of the story is "Dialogue on Race Talks History of Free African-Americans" Using your logic, they shouldn't have even had the meeting that this story is written about and which prompted me to comment on.

I think they should talk about the Democratic Party and Racial Profiteering. The Democrat Party is the party of slavery, they controlled the plantations before the late unpleasantness and now they control the blacks by keeping them slaves to the government via welfare.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
The title of the story is "Dialogue on Race Talks History of Free African-Americans" Using your logic, they shouldn't have even had the meeting that this story is written about and which prompted me to comment on.
I think they should talk about the Democratic Party and Racial Profiteering. The Democrat Party is the party of slavery, they controlled the plantations before the late unpleasantness and now they control the blacks by keeping them slaves to the government via welfare.
Intelligence is correct, nothing like keeping race relations on the fence than to always make it contentious. How do we move ahead if there are some who always want to hold us back? The dialogue is fraud covering up the real problems in the black community.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>Intelligence is correct, nothing like keeping race relations on the fence than to always make it contentious. How do we move ahead if there are some who always want to hold us back? The dialogue is fraud covering up the real problems in the black community.
Do you ascribe to what Bill Cosby said was the real problem in the black community?
Intelligence

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ascribe to what Bill Cosby said was the real problem in the black community?
I believe Cosby was correct parenting is the key to advancement for everyone. It doesn't have to be the biological parents, I know amazing adoptive parents who are an inspiration to me as a father. I don't see why this dialogue on race is being funded by our tax dollars when the education system continues to face cut backs. Keep racism as the forefront only fuels the fire it doesn't put it out for good. Education and good parenting will defeat racism.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ascribe to what Bill Cosby said was the real problem in the black community?
Mr Crosby does not mince words with the shortcomings in the black community, unfortunately nobodies listening. The turth hurts.
JCS

Ferrum, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

It is always the race card! No one alive owned slaves. Keep bringing the slavery issue up and the racism and prejudice will continue. We have come a long way since then and those agitators out there fuel the fire. Remember that the federal government is keeping many poor people, Black and Caucasian dependent for this or that! It is time to move on!
EnoughAlready

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Haven't we had enough of this. I didn't own any and I don't know anyone who did. Let's have proportional representation: we can talk about afro-american affairs 15% of the time.
Erich Hicks

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Keep history alive by telling that history:

Read the greatest 'novel', Rescue at Pine Ridge, the first generation of Buffalo Soldiers. The website is: http://www.rescueatpineridge.com This is the greatest story of Black Military History...5 stars Amazon internationally, and Barnes & Noble. Youtube commercials are: http://www.youtube.com/watch... and http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Rescue at Pine Ridge is the epic story of the 9th Cavalry from its Congressional conception in 1866, to the rescue of the famed 7th Cavalry by the 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers, 1890. The 7th Cavalry was entrapped again, after the Little Big Horn Massacre, fourteen years later, the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. If it wasn't for the 9th Buffalo Soldiers, there would of been a second massacre of the 7th Cavalry. This story is about, brutality, compassion, reprisal, bravery, heroism, redemption and gallantry.

You’ll enjoy the novel that embodies the Native Americans, Outlaws and African-American/Black soldiers, from the east to the west, from the south to the north, in the days of the Native American Wars with the approaching United States of America.

The novel was taken from my mini-series movie with the same title,“RaPR” to keep the story alive. The movie so far has the interest of major actors in which we are in talks with, in starring in this epic American story.

When you get a chance, also please visit our Alpha Wolf Production website at; http://www.alphawolfprods.com and see our other productions, like Stagecoach Mary, the first Black Woman to deliver mail for the US Postal System in Montana, in the 1890's,“spread the word”, http://www.stagecoachmary.net .

Peace.
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

my husband and i are responsible parents, but we also teach them about the history of race relations, because we don't want them to bring a white girl/boy home.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

mojo jojo wrote:
my husband and i are responsible parents, but we also teach them about the history of race relations, because we don't want them to bring a white girl/boy home.
Hopefully they won't bring them home to confront racism.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

mojo jojo wrote:
<quoted text> i'm sorry. my experience is not the same as some ww in america and neither are my children. my objections to ir dating are mostly about how we are treated differently treated in this country. our cultures are not the same and neither are our experiences in this country. i want my children to have mates who understand the struggle and support them. and i want my grandkids to look like me and my family. what is wrong with that? almost as important is the fact that many black people in ir relationships get the raw end of the deal, because, in this country, white is still superior to black. in other words, that's why you see handsome black men with fat white pigs. and attractive bw with old, gross white men. that's why tiger went to stanford and married a nanny. that's why kobe thought he was too good for bw b/c he lived in Italy, but he married a mexican hood rat. other people can do what they want. my kids can too, but there will be shunning.
To say that you issues would be an understatement.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Why don't we have a dialogue on why we are wasting money on this dialogue on race?
mojo jojo

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>To say that you issues would be an understatement.
please refute what i've said or stfu...to say that what you posted at all is a statement would be an overstatement.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

mojo jojo wrote:
This statement is one of the most ignorant racist comments I've ever read. Clear enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••