Comments
41 - 60 of 98 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2013
The Moor

United States

#43 Jul 2, 2009
whiteadviceguy wrote:
What is your guys opinion? Would you open a business up in a inner city neighborhood, knowing that there is gangs, and drug dealers around that would rob from you? It just seems like the younger generations both white and black(white younger people do in smaller towns, that's why it is less on the big news stations) dont respect there elders or older people running a business, and would rob from there own race than support it. Especially, if they need that fix. Also, they might rob from you out of jealousy, you're making it and they are not. Or, would you be better off starting a business up in a mixed race neighborhood and pushing your products on all races? How could you black women let the Koreans take over all the beauty products for black women? You girls would know your own hair and how to treat it, skin motionizers, etc.
I do expect more women businesses in the future, since they are going to college more and more. It pains me to say this, but our women are going to have to lead us out of the recession we are in right now. They are going to have hire men to work for them, too, because the women of today are taking mens' jobs away from them in certain job types. You have to balance out the playing field, otherwise you are going to have friction in your relationship with your partner. That is why we have such a high divorce rate right now with same race couples black and white. The men feel they are not holding up the end of the relationship with no job or little work out there. There ego's are being deflated. We might have to become house husbands and take care of our kids while out wife works. I done ranting.
But you do make some valid points though-
tsalagi

Washington, DC

#44 Jul 2, 2009
My favorite restaurant is a black-owned soul food carryout. They gets my business because they are clean, quick, consistent, and a good value. There was another black-owned ice cream/bevarage place what I would patronize regularly, but then they started having erratic hours. They finally went out of business because they were not consistent. You have to be open when you say you will be, no excuses!

I had my own craft business at the flea market for a few years and my main clients were black women. they went out of their way to support me.

If black people would only buy more from each other, we could solve all or problems. We just have to make sure that our businesses are run better and provide value for your money.
tsalagi

Washington, DC

#45 Jul 2, 2009
^^ they get
LMAO

Beaufort, SC

#46 Jul 2, 2009
Tyheru wrote:
This is one of the biggest problems that I want to fix.
Mulatto boy please STFU already you are not even black.

Since: Apr 09

Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles

#47 Jul 2, 2009
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Mulatto boy please STFU already you are not even black.
Who told you I'm not black? Both my parents are black.

“Not liked but it's Alright....”

Since: Apr 08

Richmond, VA

#48 Jul 2, 2009
Well there there arent that many Black business at least not here, if there are they overcharge and some are not professional

“Not liked but it's Alright....”

Since: Apr 08

Richmond, VA

#49 Jul 2, 2009
not all of course..I would like to see more black classy resteraunts, nail salons
True story

Boston, MA

#50 Jul 2, 2009
I would like to see any black restaurant right now cause i'm hungry as shit

“You are by what you do!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Puyallup, WA

#51 Jul 2, 2009
What is the return value of one (black patron) frequenting a black owned business? I need to know why should anyone purchase anything on the account of one's skin color?

I for one, don't buy into or skin color - I buy value, and dependable service. I want to be convinced by the sales person and or the proprietor that any money spent by me or any that I recommend - is worthy of a 2nd return.
bolly

Flushing, NY

#52 Jul 2, 2009
ChokeonThis wrote:
I do work for other cultures & they seem happy to pay for quality work, but my own people always have a problem.
Why Dont Blacks support Black owned Business?
Link:
http://www.chokesmagazine.com/thedailyblackne...
there are not much black businesses for blacks to support.
bolly

Flushing, NY

#53 Jul 2, 2009
True story wrote:
I would like to see any black restaurant right now cause i'm hungry as shit
KFC

Since: Oct 08

South Bay, Fl.

#54 Jul 2, 2009
bolly wrote:
<quoted text>
KFC
Sorry, it's not Black owned. It was founded by Harland Sanders (a white)in Corbin, Ky.

“"Go Hard or Go Home"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Chicago

#55 Jul 3, 2009
Harold's Chicken in Chicago is black owned and taste better than anything out of KFC, Popeye's, Church's, Browns, etc...
Cinnamon

Corpus Christi, TX

#56 Jul 3, 2009
ChokeonThis wrote:
I do work for other cultures & they seem happy to pay for quality work, but my own people always have a problem.
Why Dont Blacks support Black owned Business?
Link:
http://www.chokesmagazine.com/thedailyblackne...
I am an African American and I HATE to say it but they do not like to pay their workers. We need a change. When you try to handle the situation yourself, they want to go and file bankruptcy so there is nothing you can do. Its so shameful as an African American.

“My Shining Star”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#57 Jul 3, 2009
Blacks support Black businesses all of the time. However, the government has traditionally been not-so-cooperative in many positive, intelligent endeavors.

It is a strategy of the system to lend money to those who don't deserve it while holding back monies to deserving applicants.

Hopefully, CHANGES are being made rapidly in legislation.. negative media sucks. lol.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#59 Jul 3, 2009
Let's stop dreaming, and cut the crap!

As long as there was state mandated SEGREGATION, blacks had plenty of stores because many white businesses didn't want them to come into their stores.

Go into a white store and try on a hat,THAT WAS THE HAT YOU WERE GOING TO BUY!

Go to DQ side window to buy ice cream.

Segregated Movies!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Water fountains
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_473nrD5vEv8/SHSfHrE...

Bus terminals
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_473nrD5vEv8/SK_zqGd...

Eating places
http://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us/sms/Reviews...

In order to avoid this, blacks had their own drug stores with soda fountains,clothing stores, record shops,service stations,etc.

They DIDN'T beg the white man to enter his store and take their money!

My conclusion, after living through that era, the only way blacks will SUPPORT black businesses,is A return back to state mandated SEGREGATION!

Do YOU wish to return BACK to segregation?

Doing so will re-establish black businesses.

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Austin

#60 Jul 3, 2009
i'm subscribed to Essence.....?

Since: Jun 09

La Puente, CA

#61 Jul 3, 2009
Jawga Boy wrote:
Let's stop dreaming, and cut the crap!
As long as there was state mandated SEGREGATION, blacks had plenty of stores because many white businesses didn't want them to come into their stores.
Go into a white store and try on a hat,THAT WAS THE HAT YOU WERE GOING TO BUY!
Go to DQ side window to buy ice cream.
Segregated Movies!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Water fountains
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_473nrD5vEv8/SHSfHrE...
Bus terminals
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_473nrD5vEv8/SK_zqGd...
Eating places
http://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us/sms/Reviews...
In order to avoid this, blacks had their own drug stores with soda fountains,clothing stores, record shops,service stations,etc.
They DIDN'T beg the white man to enter his store and take their money!
My conclusion, after living through that era, the only way blacks will SUPPORT black businesses,is A return back to state mandated SEGREGATION!
Do YOU wish to return BACK to segregation?
Doing so will re-establish black businesses.
What an inane post.

Since: Jun 09

La Puente, CA

#62 Jul 3, 2009
noid_1985 wrote:
Harold's Chicken in Chicago is black owned and taste better than anything out of KFC, Popeye's, Church's, Browns, etc...
Black owned chicken joints are ALWAYS better than any chain restaurant.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#63 Jul 3, 2009
As a black American, I make it a point to support black owned businesses when possible. However, I do not think the problem is the fact that blacks do not support black owned businesses as much as I believe that there are not enough black owned businesses. The reasons are so many and so complex because the source of "why" begins within the community itself. Also, Americans love accessibility and convenience, so sometimes it is easier to go to the closes "whatever it is you are looking for" store because the black owned businesses are so few and far between.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word, Drop a Word, GAME ON!!! (Oct '12) 7 min MrAnderson9 5,101
the black race is superior over all races. i al... (May '13) 22 min black power 24
Organization to only prep Black children for su... 24 min double standard 1
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 32 min trace 3,296
What's happened to my lovely little girl? 39 min Ugh 4
I will never sell my Nigerian queens out 46 min sassyntrashy 86
Lol.. WW Has 8 Mix Kids wants MORE!! 47 min Diva 361
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 hr AUTISTIC GUY 4,739
There's A War On The Black Male 2 hr Crown 560
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 3 hr asho 1,882
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 3 hr Felistas 2,106
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••