Why Blacks Dont Support Black Business?

Why Blacks Dont Support Black Business?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

ChokeonThis

“CHOKES MAGAZINE ”

Since: Dec 08

Los Angeles Ca.

#1 Jul 1, 2009
I do work for other cultures & they seem happy to pay for quality work, but my own people always have a problem.
Why Dont Blacks support Black owned Business?
Link:
http://www.chokesmagazine.com/thedailyblackne...

Since: Apr 09

Willemstad, Curacao

#2 Jul 1, 2009
This is one of the biggest problems that I want to fix.
AlwaysOnPoint

Wilmington, NC

#3 Jul 1, 2009
As a business owner myself, this a good question.

“Real Black Men Speak English”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Bmore

#4 Jul 1, 2009
My money is in a black owned bank, my barbershop is black owned and I do most of my grocery shopping in a black owned chain. We're out here
WakeUpPeople

Oxford, CT

#5 Jul 1, 2009
ChokeonThis wrote:
I do work for other cultures & they seem happy to pay for quality work, but my own people always have a problem.
Why Dont Blacks support Black owned Business?
Link:
http://www.chokesmagazine.com/thedailyblackne...
First, congratulations on your successes. Second, you are wrong to group us all into one category. The other work you do for other ethnicities or nationalities is not indicative of Africoids desiring your product. Perhaps, the problem (without being critical) is you? Perhaps, the problem is the Africoid persons that you have done business with? Regardless though, please do not group us into one category. Though connected, we are individuals. Question, if you had unqualified support from our people, how would you return the love?
WakeUpPeople

Oxford, CT

#6 Jul 1, 2009
Tyheru wrote:
This is one of the biggest problems that I want to fix.
Like your attitude - desiring/looking for solutions. I want to help.
WakeUpPeople

Oxford, CT

#7 Jul 1, 2009
AlwaysOnPoint wrote:
As a business owner myself, this a good question.
Do you honestly need the question to be answered?
WakeUpPeople

Oxford, CT

#8 Jul 1, 2009
Kennyinbmore wrote:
My money is in a black owned bank, my barbershop is black owned and I do most of my grocery shopping in a black owned chain. We're out here
Thats whats up!!!!

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

Accokeek, MD

#9 Jul 1, 2009
There's many factors behind it, but the likely one is that there aren't that many black businessed in one give location,especially if it's in a predominantly white city or predominantly non-black location.I live in a predominantly black city so it's easy for me to support black owned businesses.
LaQuieesha

United States

#10 Jul 1, 2009
When was the last time you were in a black business? They don't know how to act anymore than the rest of you people.

spikewebbe

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#11 Jul 1, 2009
Kennyinbmore wrote:
My money is in a black owned bank, my barbershop is black owned and I do most of my grocery shopping in a black owned chain. We're out here
I agree; I support Black barber shops and the are small Black owned stores in my area; I don't go to Boston a lot so I miss out on supporting more black owned business but this is something I could work on.

spikewebbe

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#12 Jul 1, 2009
Mack the Great wrote:
There's many factors behind it, but the likely one is that there aren't that many black businessed in one give location,especially if it's in a predominantly white city or predominantly non-black location.I live in a predominantly black city so it's easy for me to support black owned businesses.
You're right; sometimes it's hard; sometimes you live 20 miles away from where the Black owned businesses are.

“Ignorance is Universal”

Since: Mar 09

Hyattsville, MD

#13 Jul 1, 2009
I have no clue..but I would defintely like to see more..
Oscar

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Jul 1, 2009
WakeUpPeople wrote:
<quoted text>Like your attitude - desiring/looking for solutions. I want to help.
Yep. "Hell is paved with good intentions".
Associated Stress

Chatham, NJ

#15 Jul 1, 2009
LaQuieesha wrote:
When was the last time you were in a black business? They don't know how to act anymore than the rest of you people.
That wasn't very nice.

“HONOR YOUR ANCESTORS ”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16 Jul 1, 2009
in one word WAL-MART.

but honestly black businesses are usually more pricey, because the owners have heavier overhead cost, and business loans, also it takes time to make a name for yourself, and most black people shop where they are familiar. i know you ladies don't want to hear this, but the LARGEST example of this is hair/nail care. 90% korean owned, 70% BW customers. these numbers were published in essence. although i can't stand them, the jews are a community we need to model our finanical behavior after.

spikewebbe

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#17 Jul 1, 2009
TheBlackPatriot wrote:
in one word WAL-MART.
but honestly black businesses are usually more pricey, because the owners have heavier overhead cost, and business loans, also it takes time to make a name for yourself, and most black people shop where they are familiar. i know you ladies don't want to hear this, but the LARGEST example of this is hair/nail care. 90% korean owned, 70% BW customers. these numbers were published in essence. although i can't stand them, the jews are a community we need to model our finanical behavior after.
You make great points; especially about the Korean nail care. I see that all the time in my area.
hunter

AOL

#18 Jul 1, 2009
I buy all my drugs from black dealers.

Since: Apr 09

Willemstad, Curacao

#19 Jul 1, 2009
Oscar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. "Hell is paved with good intentions".
What is that supposed to mean?

“Liberian gal”

Since: Mar 09

Monrovia, Liberia

#20 Jul 1, 2009
ChokeonThis wrote:
I do work for other cultures & they seem happy to pay for quality work, but my own people always have a problem.
Why Dont Blacks support Black owned Business?
Link:
http://www.chokesmagazine.com/thedailyblackne...
Not making any excuses for this, but many blacks have to go out of their way to find a black business. I say this, becasaue the majority of companies in our communities are foreign investors.

The second reason could be that we are programmed via television, that advertised products are superior. Case and point, if I as a black woman came out with "MAJORA AIRLINES" no doubt none of you would fly on my planes. You would pass me up for Southwest airlines in a heartbeat. I'm just being honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min CodeTalker 1,643,002
Thanksgiving is a WHITES ONLY holiday! 3 min Porter 13
Is it ignorance and stupidity to say leave slav... 6 min Porter 12
Do Hispanic men like black women (Feb '07) 9 min Diego Verdager 10,772
Russell Simons involved in Satanic Worship & Mo... 10 min Ugly monkeys 4
People who claim blks sold other blacks exposed... 10 min Porter 8
News Tiffany Haddish Makes History On a Saturday Nig... 11 min Kennyinbmore 19
Why do people say racist white guys have sex wi... 1 hr SociopathMaceo 81
Why do black girls get with white guys? 2 hr SociopathMaceo 99
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 4 hr Harrisson 359
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 4 hr Username Taken 842
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 hr Nutz like TicTacs 1,591
More from around the web