this is the official positive black thread

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,154
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

9

8

7

I've thought over things and instead of blacks making multiple positive black threads we should try and just talk about all things positive and black here. I think it would be better because obviously everyone is not going to go around looking for positive black threads to find and post on and very few will be talked about any how. I see this thread going to the top because we can talk about multiple positive black things all at once and the subject can change at any time keeping this thread alive.

But it is EXTREMELY important that we give no attention to racists and trolls, their posts are invisible on this thread. they are not worth it.

Now one thing I have noticed is that many blacks never actually learn about African history. We are mainly taught only about the slave trade and the hardships afterward or the apartheid. We never learn much about the great ancient African civilizations besides Egypt(Kush)like Mali. I find it funny because after studying some of the ancient African civilizations they break all of the stereotypes that are associated with blacks now. The stereotype of blacks being poor is thwartred by the fact that Mali was one of the richest Kingdoms of its time, and all of its residents had high amounts of wealth. The Africans living mainly in mudhuts stereotype is destroyed by the fact that civilizations in ancient Nigeria had various styles of architecture that were massive and their civilizations had outer walls for protection that were as high as 70 feet, not to mention African tribes such as the bushmen and masai account for an etremely small part of Africa yet when we think of Africa (yes us blacks do this too) we think of black people wearing loin cloths living in huts with spears. The stereotype of blacks being "genetically" violent is bashed by the fact that the African civilization of Mali abhorred violence. And the infamous stereotype I hear all of the time that blacks are ignorant is immediately dismissed by the fact that blacks made some of the most intricate and well constrructed civilizations in history, and created Timbuktu the educational center of that time period that held thousands of books filled with all types of information on math and sciences for black students. And all of these facts together destroy the most notorious black stereotype of all; that blacks have no history and they contributed nothing to society. We are really doing ourselves a disservice in not learning our true worth and potential on this great Earth. What I'm trying to say is if our African ancestors who come from a time without modern technology can create and develop these great structures and keep honorable values, we most definantely should be able to pull our true potential and lead ourselves out of this perpetual state of oppression. So my question to you is how do you think blacks can tap into this potential that our ancestors displayed outwardly and gave them some of the greatest civilizations on Earth? How do we hel pother blacks realize that without our history to show us that we can be better than we will fall for the same traps? andhow do we get our young people interested in these things?

“Abandon Yourself Freely”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

3

I like this thread already
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

What would you do if the trucks that deliver food to your local market stoped coming? What would you do if poland spring stoped delivering water to your stores? What would you do if a major earthquake prevented emergency personel from providing basics to you and your family? No water, no food, no medical, no money, no food stamps for the less fortunate, no communication, cell phones would be obsolete, some are preparing, my people would be the most vulnarable, prepare now...
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

Self sufficience, support self, promote self, build for self, educate self, love self, protect self, everyone does, except us, we buy from them, we support them, we protect them,we biuld for them, we buy from them, we buy the food we dont produce, we watch their t.v., their movies, we buy the cloughs they make, the medicine we make are distributed by them, the media is theirs, bet is theirs, gas, fuel,weapons, travel, cars, all theirs we helped create, or created all together, why does only one people, who are not immigrants, are not illegals, helped build this country, yet need to have the "voting rights act" ligitimized every 7yrs? Biuld your own.

“Abandon Yourself Freely”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Ramsan wrote:
Self sufficience, support self, promote self, build for self, educate self, love self, protect self, everyone does, except us, we buy from them, we support them, we protect them,we biuld for them, we buy from them, we buy the food we dont produce, we watch their t.v., their movies, we buy the cloughs they make, the medicine we make are distributed by them, the media is theirs, bet is theirs, gas, fuel,weapons, travel, cars, all theirs we helped create, or created all together, why does only one people, who are not immigrants, are not illegals, helped build this country, yet need to have the "voting rights act" ligitimized every 7yrs? Biuld your own.
So true... sometimes I wonder if we should have integrated with them.

We can still "build our own" but we can't with black males and black females bashing each other.
Sueme

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Any other black nursing students on here? Im graduating with my RN degree in December yall.

“The G.L.O.A.T. Baby!!!”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Im starting to believe old school Black music making a comeback to the mainstream.

Anybody else feel the same???

“The G.L.O.A.T. Baby!!!”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 30, 2011
 
Ramsan wrote:
What would you do if the trucks that deliver food to your local market stoped coming? What would you do if poland spring stoped delivering water to your stores? What would you do if a major earthquake prevented emergency personel from providing basics to you and your family? No water, no food, no medical, no money, no food stamps for the less fortunate, no communication, cell phones would be obsolete, some are preparing, my people would be the most vulnarable, prepare now...
All good questions.

Now the best time to build.

“The G.L.O.A.T. Baby!!!”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Harley_Ryda wrote:
<quoted text>
So true... sometimes I wonder if we should have integrated with them.
We was doing good before intergration.

Lotta people aint gon agree with me but its true tho.
We can still "build our own" but we can't with black males and black females bashing each other.
Being too dependent on others the root of our problem here.
Anonymous

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ramsan wrote:
Self sufficience, support self, promote self, build for self, educate self, love self, protect self, everyone does, except us, we buy from them, we support them, we protect them,we biuld for them, we buy from them, we buy the food we dont produce, we watch their t.v., their movies, we buy the cloughs they make, the medicine we make are distributed by them, the media is theirs, bet is theirs, gas, fuel,weapons, travel, cars, all theirs we helped create, or created all together, why does only one people, who are not immigrants, are not illegals, helped build this country, yet need to have the "voting rights act" ligitimized every 7yrs? Biuld your own.
Obviously as I look around my house I have to agree with you lol. I was talking to someone earlier today about how segregation was better for blacks in the sense that it allowed us to produce our own things. I'm sure we all remember and if we haven't should read up on the black wall street in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They very, very self sufficeint, they had their own businesses, they were their own doctors, THEY EVEN HAD THEIR OWN CURRENCY, and pretty much managed themselves with great success but that ended in a bombing, then their was rose wood which was much like wall street as it too was self sufficient with its black businesses but that ended with a false accusation and a massacre. It really hurts me to the core that blacks have actually made attempts in making it in the America that once oppressed them but as soon as they built their sand castle the waves came and knocked it down again. I can only wonder if we were able to make a black community again in America and if it was succesful like black wall street if we would be met with another crisis that would tear it down. I also know that integration hurt us alot because we do not have ownership of things like we used too. our money goes to the white government and barely circulates in our community. It really seems like a perpetual cycle that has duped us again and again.
Sueme

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 30, 2011
 
AlwaysOnPoint wrote:
Im starting to believe old school Black music making a comeback to the mainstream.
Anybody else feel the same???
Yes I do. I do what ever I can to find it. You can get it on Pandora radio.

“Ya paid according to your work”

Since: Sep 11

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Its obvious time and thought went into that post, however you should know that Nigeria is an extremely sophisticated country, and they do not care about you, or me.

Africans, Black Americans and Black British are not one, and never will be, we are all competitors in the same way White people compete amongst themselves, and there is no comrade.
Anonymous

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 30, 2011
 
AlwaysOnPoint wrote:
Im starting to believe old school Black music making a comeback to the mainstream.
Anybody else feel the same???
Have you heard of Raphael Saadiq? He's a great young artist that makes "Old School" music:

http://m.youtube.com/index...
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Desegragation was a trap we bought, hook line and sinker, the naacp was founded by jews, to maintain and restrain a people who only 60yrs after the emancipation were able to build several completly independant towns, municipalitys and institutions gered for black growth, left and nurtured, would have created two americas, we had our own hospitals,courts, buznises, schools,law enforcements, but most of all, our own economic machaine that was the remnants of slavery that also benefited the world, our inventions were stolen through bogus patent laws. We had many george washinton carvers as scientists, that now today work for NASA, the convict lease law was created to reintroduce slavery known today as private prisons, this law is still on the books, it was also known as the " great betrayal". How did they destroy this machine of self sufficience? Through brute violence, lynchings, burnings, castrations, and the leveling of places like the "negro wall street" in tulsa oaklahoma, and the hundreds of towns destroyed and leveled during the 1890s thru 1940, designed to instill fear to build, left alone, we were on the verge of creating a economic machine not seen since slavery, when bill cosby tried bying cbs, they didnt allow it, reginald lewis owned "beatrice" foods, when he died, his wife fought tooth and nail to regain his food empire, it was a model of self sufficiency, teach your children about their history, but first we must lose the fear, gain knowledge of self, and strife for self, only then can we achieve what we are destined to achieve, when johnson afro sheen,ultra sheen and other products were first introduced, he planed to fill stores brought by muslims with his products, but the jewish owners of variouse store chains threatened to rid their stores of his products, he changed his mind, prepare yourselfs, because america has a check that god requires cashing, they want you with them when that check is cashed, "come out of her says the lord", that means refrain from following the people who will never stop being who they are, stop loving your enemy, as an abused wife refuses to leave her abusive husband, because she loves him,? Or fear of going it alone?
Anonymous

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 30, 2011
 
Freddie81 wrote:
Its obvious time and thought went into that post, however you should know that Nigeria is an extremely sophisticated country, and they do not care about you, or me.
Africans, Black Americans and Black British are not one, and never will be, we are all competitors in the same way White people compete amongst themselves, and there is no comrade.
This thread doesn't discriminate...as you can see i said positive black thread, but i do respect your opinion.
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Freddie81 wrote:
Its obvious time and thought went into that post, however you should know that Nigeria is an extremely sophisticated country, and they do not care about you, or me.
Africans, Black Americans and Black British are not one, and never will be, we are all competitors in the same way White people compete amongst themselves, and there is no comrade.
white people compete against themselfs threw greed, yet will come together when the means benefit the collective, there is nothing sophisticated about nigirian poverty, considering they sit on one of africas largest reserve of crude, not sweet crude, but crude non the same, africa imports all of its raw material to europe for refining, the europe sells it back for exuberant prices, keeping them in debt, the world monatary fund owns nigirias econimy, they owe the world bank 20 billion $, what is so sophisticated about that? As for the british blacks, they own nothing in britain, niether have representation in the financial institutions of the world, thats the reason khadafy was removed, he was on the verge of creating the africa bank, africa currency(gold) a language agreed apon for bizness, this of course would have destroyed the european monopoly on european interests, including the lucrative cell phone satalite that africans use for computers and other services. Thats why khadafy had to go, as you can see european nations came together with the u.s.a ti make it happen, the best time was now, use a black.prez to do it.
Anonymous

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Ramsan wrote:
Desegragation was a trap we bought, hook line and sinker, the naacp was founded by jews, to maintain and restrain a people who only 60yrs after the emancipation were able to build several completly independant towns, municipalitys and institutions gered for black growth, left and nurtured, would have created two americas, we had our own hospitals,courts, buznises, schools,law enforcements, but most of all, our own economic machaine that was the remnants of slavery that also benefited the world, our inventions were stolen through bogus patent laws. We had many george washinton carvers as scientists, that now today work for NASA, the convict lease law was created to reintroduce slavery known today as private prisons, this law is still on the books, it was also known as the " great betrayal". How did they destroy this machine of self sufficience? Through brute violence, lynchings, burnings, castrations, and the leveling of places like the "negro wall street" in tulsa oaklahoma, and the hundreds of towns destroyed and leveled during the 1890s thru 1940, designed to instill fear to build, left alone, we were on the verge of creating a economic machine not seen since slavery, when bill cosby tried bying cbs, they didnt allow it, reginald lewis owned "beatrice" foods, when he died, his wife fought tooth and nail to regain his food empire, it was a model of self sufficiency, teach your children about their history, but first we must lose the fear, gain knowledge of self, and strife for self, only then can we achieve what we are destined to achieve, when johnson afro sheen,ultra sheen and other products were first introduced, he planed to fill stores brought by muslims with his products, but the jewish owners of variouse store chains threatened to rid their stores of his products, he changed his mind, prepare yourselfs, because america has a check that god requires cashing, they want you with them when that check is cashed, "come out of her says the lord", that means refrain from following the people who will never stop being who they are, stop loving your enemy, as an abused wife refuses to leave her abusive husband, because she loves him,? Or fear of going it alone?
I truly applaude you and agree whole heartedly. I just found out today the contributions blacks had with NASA. What comes to my mind after reading your post s this:

How many times can you can you knock a man down before he starts to crawl, how many times can you kick a crawling man down before he decides to lay down and stay still?

I have thought of only two options for blacks to get up to high status. That is:

1. Remaking a modern black wall street in America again managed by blacks

Or

2. Some how reconciling with Africa and making something great there

These are just ideas not to put too much thought into. But i wager since America is white occupied Africa is the only place blacks could take their resources and create wealth and economic success in this world.
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 30, 2011
 
NearFuture wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously as I look around my house I have to agree with you lol. I was talking to someone earlier today about how segregation was better for blacks in the sense that it allowed us to produce our own things. I'm sure we all remember and if we haven't should read up on the black wall street in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They very, very self sufficeint, they had their own businesses, they were their own doctors, THEY EVEN HAD THEIR OWN CURRENCY, and pretty much managed themselves with great success but that ended in a bombing, then their was rose wood which was much like wall street as it too was self sufficient with its black businesses but that ended with a false accusation and a massacre. It really hurts me to the core that blacks have actually made attempts in making it in the America that once oppressed them but as soon as they built their sand castle the waves came and knocked it down again. I can only wonder if we were able to make a black community again in America and if it was succesful like black wall street if we would be met with another crisis that would tear it down. I also know that integration hurt us alot because we do not have ownership of things like we used too. our money goes to the white government and barely circulates in our community. It really seems like a perpetual cycle that has duped us again and again.
true,
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 30, 2011
 
NearFuture wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard of Raphael Saadiq? He's a great young artist that makes "Old School" music:
http://m.youtube.com/index...
damn, I like him and john legend, I just got hip to them, been a little accupied.
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 30, 2011
 
NearFuture wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly applaude you and agree whole heartedly. I just found out today the contributions blacks had with NASA. What comes to my mind after reading your post s this:
How many times can you can you knock a man down before he starts to crawl, how many times can you kick a crawling man down before he decides to lay down and stay still?
I have thought of only two options for blacks to get up to high status. That is:
1. Remaking a modern black wall street in America again managed by blacks
Or
2. Some how reconciling with Africa and making something great there
These are just ideas not to put too much thought into. But i wager since America is white occupied Africa is the only place blacks could take their resources and create wealth and economic success in this world.
shoo, that is a brilliant idea, you see, step one, keep it bizness, because colonization left a bitter taste in the mouth of africans as well as a reluctance to deal with us thanks to the dividing factor we both share, however, im confident in my brothers in africa, one africa bank, one african currency, one language for bizness, and one army to protect the soverintu, you actually have an idea that soon will be the best option for all in the diaspora, but there are obstacles, I know you know what they are, however quite plausable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,154
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••