Here Is the Problem With Many People ...

Here Is the Problem With Many People With African Ancestry

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fallll

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2013
They love white people...in the U.S., Carribean, Latin America, and some parts of Africa. They want to be mixed or to be light. U.S. blacks are adopting some views of some latin groups who want to whiten their families by marrying light or white. How can they expect people of other races to like them or marry them when they don't even like themselves and wouldn't marry themselves? That's like trying to convince someone to eat something that you hate eating.
Fallll

United States

#2 Jun 23, 2013
By displaying this ignorance toward themselves, they are telling other people to not like them and that they are beneath others. Some marry out because they worship those who are lighter than them.
Fallll

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2013
Why try to pursue others and get them to marry you when you don't feel worthy. Why are you chasing or pushing a person to marry someone who you think is beneath him/her?

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4 Jun 23, 2013
You are reading way too much into this... I am in a relationship with a white guy because he is attractive to me, he is sweet and adorable and manly at the same time. He is educated and ambitious and yet can still have fun. He loves me and I love him.... That is why I am with him, if he was a black man from Africa, USA, England or wherever I would still be with him because although looks made me say yes to the very first date what made me stay is his character and who he is inside - he is the one I want to be with.

I see skin colour, I do see that he is white and I am black but that was and still is not the deciding factor. And by the way yes I can advice my girlfriends to date black men even though I am with a white man because I am not prejudiced like you... In fact when my friends ask me an opinion about a guy black or white I say it exactly how I see it. And yes,I can totally convince you to eat something I do not eat... KFC and McDonald's management has been doing that for years.
Fallll

United States

#5 Jun 23, 2013
Did I say all black people? No. I remember saying 'some' black people marry out because of skin tone reasons. The title also says 'many' not 'all'. For you to act like this doesn't exist makes me think you live in a box. Many blacks still have these view whether you are in a relationship with a white guy or not. You are not those black people so why act like I was talking about you.
Fallll

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2013
If you dislike yourself, why convince someone to like you? That's just being a hyocrite and who treats dating like they are selling fried chicken when they're vegetarians? Those people are liars and aren't the people who you should be dating unless you like liars.

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#7 Jun 24, 2013
Fallll wrote:
If you dislike yourself, why convince someone to like you?...
What if you LIKE yourself, but you get an erotic thrill from pursuing and mating with someone of a different skin color?

Is that wrong, Fallll?

;o)
Fallll

United States

#8 Jun 24, 2013
No it's not wrong but I wish many blacks who date light or white just to lighten or whiten their families is obnoxious. It says that you don't like the fact that you are black and don't want your children to be like you. Not all, but many think that way and openly say it like it is normal and okay.
Fallll

United States

#9 Jun 24, 2013
omit 'wish'

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Fallll wrote:
No it's not wrong...
Thank you!- because that describes my situation.
I love the passion my white honey brings to the bedroom.

She is a big gurl - over 250 lbs - and I love hearing her groans while I am drilling her from behind. That, along with the sight of those pale "love handles" jiggling away, is incredibly arousing.

I am far from the only black man who is a confirmed "chubby chaser."

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#11 Jun 24, 2013
Fallll wrote:
Did I say all black people? No. I remember saying 'some' black people marry out because of skin tone reasons. The title also says 'many' not 'all'. For you to act like this doesn't exist makes me think you live in a box. Many blacks still have these view whether you are in a relationship with a white guy or not. You are not those black people so why act like I was talking about you.
No you did not say ALL black people, neither did I insinuate that you did.I just showed you through my own example that there are many other reasons why a black person would be dating or marrying a non-white person that are not related to self hate. However, your title does say many and I am saying whilst you might think it so it is probably not true, many black people are dating different races because why limit yourself to one group of men or women when we are all human? The majority of my friends in France who are African date white men but do not hate themselves, do not even care that their kids will be biracial - so I find it hard to believe that MANY people of African Ancestry hate themselves and want their offspring to be lighter.
Just curious... How many people of African ancestry do you mean when you say MANY? Maybe that will give me a better perspective.

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#12 Jun 24, 2013
Fallll wrote:
...I wish many blacks who date light or white just to lighten or whiten their families is obnoxious. It says that you don't like the fact that you are black and don't want your children to be like you.

Not all, but many think that way and openly say it like it is normal and okay.
I agree with you that it's not "normal and okay." It's sad when people are uncomfortable with their own appearance, but it's also the predictable result of growing up in a Eurocentric society and being relentlessly saturated with European standards of beauty in all forms of mass media.

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#13 Jun 24, 2013
I just find it so difficult to say in very concrete terms that MANY black people are dating interracial to lighten their families...

What I see as a bigger problem is people who think that they know what is best for everyone and just won't stop criticizing every single choice that they make over and over again.
Fallll

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2013
First of all Silverness, I repeat, I Did Not say all blacks date interracially to whiten their families. How many times are you going to repeat yourself and give me examples that I don't need? I KNOW THAT not everyone is you. If it doesn't apply to you, don't get mad. And yes, there are many who think that way. Enough that it is being talked about alot. This issue has created this colorism issue. Many openly admit it. Mothers telling their sons to marry someone of a lighter tone. There are documentaries about this. Many people have already talked about this. If this issue wasn't real, why are they making documentaries about it? Why am I hearing it?

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#15 Jun 24, 2013
Fallll wrote:
First of all Silverness, I repeat, I Did Not say all blacks date interracially to whiten their families. How many times are you going to repeat yourself and give me examples that I don't need? I KNOW THAT not everyone is you. If it doesn't apply to you, don't get mad. And yes, there are many who think that way. Enough that it is being talked about alot. This issue has created this colorism issue. Many openly admit it. Mothers telling their sons to marry someone of a lighter tone. There are documentaries about this. Many people have already talked about this. If this issue wasn't real, why are they making documentaries about it? Why am I hearing it?
Oh Jesus Christ.
You did not say ALL you said MANY PEOPLE OF AFRICAN ANCESTRY - and I am disputing THAT exactly what you said... MANY. Because MANY implies over 50%.
Remember you did not say African Americans.... you said of AFRICAN ANCESTRY. So again I ask give me a rough estimate. Or you could just admit that this is just your opinion not solid fact then we are good... Because you see people nowadays want to go around spitting opinions as if they are facts when in actual fact they are not.

So you said there is a problem "Many People With African Ancestry -They love white people...in the U.S., Caribbean, Latin America, and some parts of Africa. They want to be mixed or to be light" - THAT is what I am disputing. I am saying that is not true... YES there are black people (Cough Cough NIGERIANS) who are insecure and find Caucasians to be prettier and sexier and aspire to be like them I do not dispute that, I dispute your word... MANY. Hence the question, how many is MANY?
Fallll

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2013
Many is a word that means many. Yes there are many. Whatever 'rough estimates' you want to spit out is your choice. Drive yourself crazy for all I care. It is a fact and that is why it is being discussed. It's not only Nigerians. You really do live in a box. There are Latinos who even admit this. It's everywhere.
Sammy

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jun 24, 2013
Fallll wrote:
They love white people...in the U.S., Carribean, Latin America, and some parts of Africa. They want to be mixed or to be light. U.S. blacks are adopting some views of some latin groups who want to whiten their families by marrying light or white. How can they expect people of other races to like them or marry them when they don't even like themselves and wouldn't marry themselves? That's like trying to convince someone to eat something that you hate eating.
Just keeping it real is..........B(L)ACK

I have to agree with that statement becz of one of the many reason that black people fall into this trap:

Skinner: African Americans made the mistake of buying the message of "the American melting pot under God." African Americans did not realize that America did not intend to include them in that idea. So while the civil rights laws of the 1980s were passed, they never passed in the hearts and intent of the American people.

African Americans let the white majority into their political and economic lives without whites letting African Americans into their lives. Until African Americans build their own economic base by doing at least 35 percent of their business with one another, and saving and investing their money in their own community, the discrimination will never end, Until African Americans elect to public office people who are accountable to the African American community, the discrimination will never end.

Just Keeping it real is..........B(L)ACK
Fallll

United States

#19 Jun 24, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keeping it real is..........B(L)ACK
I have to agree with that statement becz of one of the many reason that black people fall into this trap:
Skinner: African Americans made the mistake of buying the message of "the American melting pot under God." African Americans did not realize that America did not intend to include them in that idea. So while the civil rights laws of the 1980s were passed, they never passed in the hearts and intent of the American people.
African Americans let the white majority into their political and economic lives without whites letting African Americans into their lives. Until African Americans build their own economic base by doing at least 35 percent of their business with one another, and saving and investing their money in their own community, the discrimination will never end, Until African Americans elect to public office people who are accountable to the African American community, the discrimination will never end.
Just Keeping it real is..........B(L)ACK
Yes you are right. Blacks need to build their communities. Help each other grow. Invest in each other and the community. Black beauty is not represented in music because black entertainers don't want that. So non black women have even more opportunties because they give them opportunities to be shown. Non black women already have strong representation in television and the fashion industry and black women don't. Black people need to support each other just as much as they appreciate the beauty of others and just help each other. Women help the men and men help the women.
Truthfulwun

Bridgeport, PA

#22 Jun 24, 2013
Silverness wrote:
You are reading way too much into this... I am in a relationship with a white guy because he is attractive to me, he is sweet and adorable and manly at the same time. He is educated and ambitious and yet can still have fun. He loves me and I love him.... That is why I am with him, if he was a black man from Africa, USA, England or wherever I would still be with him because although looks made me say yes to the very first date what made me stay is his character and who he is inside - he is the one I want to be with.
I see skin colour, I do see that he is white and I am black but that was and still is not the deciding factor. And by the way yes I can advice my girlfriends to date black men even though I am with a white man because I am not prejudiced like you... In fact when my friends ask me an opinion about a guy black or white I say it exactly how I see it. And yes,I can totally convince you to eat something I do not eat... KFC and McDonald's management has been doing that for years.
it's ok for Africans to marry whoever they like. But it is an abomination for my so called black Americans West Indians and Latino brothers and sisters to commit such an act of destruction.
Fallll

United States

#23 Jun 24, 2013
Then do something black girl. This is topix so anything can be talked about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US currency to feature an African-American for ... 3 min PauldenZangpo0521 213
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 4 min Don Barros Serrano 43,509
Isis threaten to send half a million blacks to ... 6 min dcool 95
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min Hittite 133,292
News Danette Mitchell: Black consumers should suppor... 7 min QuieroCojerEEEya 3
The 1 drop rule means whites are not human 14 min Don Barros Serrano 22
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 18 min The Doctor 6,226
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 52 min dreamhunk 3,459
More from around the web