E>Jaz And Good Company's Random Thoug...

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

#365 Nov 20, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol :)
<quoted text> yea I've heard of ppl going crazy in blackouts like you wouldn't believe looll..we couldn't go back to the way things were before electricity...
We had a blackout here when I first moved out here, earthquake knocked down the power grid. It was only 12 hours but it was the worst thing ever. No cellphones, no lights, no computer, couldn't cook on the stove (because it was electric), neighbors had to pull out their grills and grill in the yard just to cook food before it went bad because the fridges weren't working. Supermarkets and gas stations were a mad house. After 6 hours I had enough...LOL

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#366 Nov 20, 2013
Big lie wrote:
1. Listen to the radio (battery operated)
2. Play board games with my boo (by candle light)
3. Pray
4. Call family members (full charged cell phone)
5. Taebo, kickbox,sit-ups, knee lifts, arm circles
it seems that just about anybody couldn't be without music..music is very important to us and its scientifically proven to affect our mood..I'd listen to it on my ipod since it has the ability to last a week without being charged..pray, is definitely be praying and HARD..welcome to the thread, hun...

Level 6

The Sequel

#367 Nov 20, 2013
APV wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a blackout here when I first moved out here, earthquake knocked down the power grid. It was only 12 hours but it was the worst thing ever. No cellphones, no lights, no computer, couldn't cook on the stove (because it was electric), neighbors had to pull out their grills and grill in the yard just to cook food before it went bad because the fridges weren't working. Supermarkets and gas stations were a mad house. After 6 hours I had enough...LOL
A few years ago, I believe my sophomore year of high scho, a tornado touched down and uprooted trees, knocked out our power..we instantly packed up and spent a week at a friend's house lolol..we weren't taking that...we didn't hesitate to leave home lol... you're a good one

Since: Nov 13

#368 Nov 21, 2013
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't just revere evil indiscriminately, but rather you support it's usage and applications against those who transgress upon others. That paints you in an entirely different light. I may have to remove that misanthropic label from your name my young friend because under such circumstances, regressing to our primal state is understandable.
"So, you don't just revere evil indiscriminately, but rather you support it's usage and applications against those who transgress upon others."

You got it!

"That paints you in an entirely different light. I may have to remove that misanthropic label from your name my young friend because under such circumstances, regressing to our primal state is understandable."

Agreed, sir.
Furthermore, why did you have a misanthropic label on my name? I'm not attacking you or anything, just curious to know, that's all...

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

#369 Nov 21, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago, I believe my sophomore year of high scho, a tornado touched down and uprooted trees, knocked out our power..we instantly packed up and spent a week at a friend's house lolol..we weren't taking that...we didn't hesitate to leave home lol... you're a good one
Well, I'm on an island so it's not like I had anywhere to go...LOL

Level 6

The Sequel

#370 Nov 21, 2013
APV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm on an island so it's not like I had anywhere to go...LOL
Not even a boat to get to the mainland???

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#371 Nov 21, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>it seems that just about anybody couldn't be without music..music is very important to us and its scientifically proven to affect our mood..I'd listen to it on my ipod since it has the ability to last a week without being charged..pray, is definitely be praying and HARD..welcome to the thread, hun...
This is why I am so glad I spent a portion of my youth in the rural south. As little boys we were taught how to live off of the land, how to build shelter, what could and could not be eaten, how to set traps and hunt wild animals, how to start fires and cook (the pot) covered in dirt and which plants were medicinal and which were poison.

I remembered the deafening sound of the still of that night where you could only hear wild animals in the distance and the darkness was so dense that you literally could not see your hands in front of you. Your little sister awaking you because she was too afraid to go to the bathroom, which was an outhouse separate from the main house, so you went with her to protect her from falling into the sank hole that was the toilet and to fight off those big azz hogs who would eat anything, including humans. I know that this sounds like it was circa 1930, but it was actually around 1970. We still didn't have street lights in those parts. Sounds crazy, but it was a great way to grow up.

Its nice to make a periodic 3 a.m. taco run here in L.A, but I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything. They served me well when I had the dubious honor of being in both the L.A and San Francisco earthquakes as well as being in the Rodney King riots when they had the military tanks rolling down the streets. I knew how to survive.

Level 6

The Sequel

#372 Nov 21, 2013
Well..I'm out..good night, good company... :)

Level 7

Location hidden

#373 Nov 21, 2013
--Faust S The Sadist wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, you don't just revere evil indiscriminately, but rather you support it's usage and applications against those who transgress upon others."
You got it!
"That paints you in an entirely different light. I may have to remove that misanthropic label from your name my young friend because under such circumstances, regressing to our primal state is understandable."
Agreed, sir.
Furthermore, why did you have a misanthropic label on my name? I'm not attacking you or anything, just curious to know, that's all...
Dude, I wasn't attacking you; you and I have always been cool. In fact, I recognize your brilliance underneath your interesting online veneer, so it's actually the contrary; but I do believe, and I could be wrong you once using a nom de plume with the word Misanthrope in it. No insult was intended young fellow, I'm a fan of yours.

Since: Nov 13

#374 Nov 21, 2013
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I wasn't attacking you; you and I have always been cool. In fact, I recognize your brilliance underneath your interesting online veneer, so it's actually the contrary; but I do believe, and I could be wrong you once using a nom de plume with the word Misanthrope in it. No insult was intended young fellow, I'm a fan of yours.
Oh, ok...
I am also a fan of yours, because you're very intelligent.
I greatly admire intelligent people, always have.
Intelligent people inspire me to want to be intelligent, just as they are...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#375 Nov 21, 2013
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't just revere evil indiscriminately, but rather you support it's usage and applications against those who transgress upon others. That paints you in an entirely different light. I may have to remove that misanthropic label from your name my young friend because under such circumstances, regressing to our primal state is understandable.
Hi.. do you know of any AAs who have ever lived in Virginia? Is it a state that AAs have good vibes from? My daughter is inyerested in a college there William and Mary. It has a good reputation, but there is a possibility she could also choose Vassar (New York State) or the University of Pittsburgh.

Location hidden

#376 Nov 21, 2013
People in the UK are recommending Vassar and Williams and Mary. But I want my daughter to be able to mix with AAs and I don't know if AAs are in Virginia.
UK people are saying the university Kansas is only worth her going to if she is very much into sports (basketball and athletics).

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#377 Nov 21, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
People in the UK are recommending Vassar and Williams and Mary. But I want my daughter to be able to mix with AAs and I don't know if AAs are in Virginia.
UK people are saying the university Kansas is only worth her going to if she is very much into sports (basketball and athletics).
Virginia has more blacks than the national average. It is in the South...William and Mary has some blacks. That being said, there are better schools in Virginia than William and Mary that have blacks.

Level 7

Location hidden

#378 Nov 21, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.. do you know of any AAs who have ever lived in Virginia? Is it a state that AAs have good vibes from? My daughter is inyerested in a college there William and Mary. It has a good reputation, but there is a possibility she could also choose Vassar (New York State) or the University of Pittsburgh.
I agree with Dev's assessment. William and Mary is an old prestigious institution dating back, I believe, to the colonial years and it has an excellent academic reputation, plus, with her being in Virginia, she would receive the full immersion experience in so far as far as the African American culture is concerned. Virginia, Maryland and DC, which share a close geographical proximity is also the home to perhaps the greatest concentration of educated black Americans with the highest median income. Hope that helps.

Level 7

Location hidden

#379 Nov 21, 2013
Oops, just reread Dev's post, but insofar as the options you presented, W&M would meet your stated objectives of academic and culture, provided that's she ventures beyond the campus borders.

Location hidden

#380 Nov 21, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Virginia has more blacks than the national average. It is in the South...William and Mary has some blacks. That being said, there are better schools in Virginia than William and Mary that have blacks.
This shows the list of North American universities available on the program and the costs. Iowa, Kansas, Vassar, Pittsburgh and William and Mary are the only ones available. In previous years the University of North Carolina had been available and even I know that uni has an excellent reputation, but it is no longer on the list.

http://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/english/underg...

Location hidden

#381 Nov 21, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your helpful response.

Location hidden

#382 Nov 21, 2013
Cogito2 wrote:
Oops, just reread Dev's post, but insofar as the options you presented, W&M would meet your stated objectives of academic and culture, provided that's she ventures beyond the campus borders.
You are absolutely right... she would be housed on campus but she would have to personally grab the opportunity to explore the town and go out and about and build friendships with young African-Americans.
Do you think Vassar would make a good second choice to meet her objectives? Feedback from people in the UK is that Vassar has a very good reputation, but that it is in a boring town with not much social life.
What do you think?

Location hidden

#383 Nov 21, 2013
* In the UK the University of North Carolina has an excellent reputation, with any elite British students eager to study there.
But of course I don't know what AAs think of that university, just what I have heard from people in the UK.

Level 6

The Sequel

#384 Nov 21, 2013
Good morning, good company..Will be back to read& reply to posts..off to class :)....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,641,490
Why are Blacks afraid of Trump? 14 min Redefined 6
Do you guys ever get tired of posting the same ... 21 min Redefined 37
Why do blacks buy and wear chains? 39 min Ape Trainer 6
Asians Look Like Black People (Apr '14) 54 min Jasmine 42
THREE WORDS USED TO DESCRIBE WHITES. kir sucka 57 min Ape Trainer 43
Congratulations nighurs. 600 Chicago homicides... 1 hr THX Seeks Justice 6
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 1 hr Trollslayer 93
Racism in America (May '17) 3 hr bluestreak returns 1,014
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 3 hr bluestreak returns 310
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 5 hr bluestreak returns 832
More from around the web