What Would MLK Say About LGBT Rights?

What Would MLK Say About LGBT Rights?

There are 1548 comments on the queersunited.blogspot.com story from Jan 19, 2009, titled What Would MLK Say About LGBT Rights?. In it, queersunited.blogspot.com reports that:

Unfortunately, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., whose birthday we honor today, was assassinated before the gay rights movement became a force on the American stage, so we'll never know for sure what he may have done ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at queersunited.blogspot.com.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#471 Feb 4, 2009
You don't speak for all African Americans.
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your meds, blacks (MLK included)have never supported that freaky behavior to this day. He preached in his sermons as a Black Baptist Preacher and from that point of view as most Black preachers do. Again keep replaying in your head the gays getting the boot out of MLK'S church on MLK day. Thats how we feel about gays and NO you gays are not welcome in Dr. Kings church with your perverted nature physically and mentally as you are showing now.
Jonah

Nashville, TN

#473 Feb 4, 2009
Amp-or-Sand wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the civil rights agenda that Obama has proposed as reflected above. I too agree with him that marraige is between a man and a woman. GLBTQ's should have their human rights protected but allowing them to marry hasnothing to do with civil rights. Civil unions allow them the financial securities that they desire as partners.
Now when we get to heaven we won't even be talking about this because there won't be homosexuality in heaven. In fact there won't be sexuality in heaven at all so this argument is really only for us fleshly humans dwelling here on earth trying to make the best we can out of a fallen world.
Separate but equal is not equal. Civil Unions are not marriage and are not acceptable in order to placate us. Marriage is not a religious institution it is a civil one.

There won't be homosexuality in heaven? Wow! You are so knowledgable. Did the big J C tell you that personally? If there is no sexuality, then there will be no gender, then there will be no marriage, then there will be no families, then there will be no.... Well, damn. Seems pretty bleek to me. You go on now, and spend eternity praising a diety who created you as non-perfect, and then gets pissed at your mistakes. Praise eternally a god that sends rain and fire down on his creations. Your god is like a human owner shoving his dog's head under the tub water because the dog took a dump in the house.

Since: Mar 08

Austin, TX

#474 Feb 4, 2009
Montrose 1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Your Mother and Father are the reason You're here typing Your sick lifestyle..I'm sure they have plenty to brag about to their Friends knowing that they have a Freak of Nature in the blood-line...I don't have hate for Queers,I just don't agree with the perverted lifestyle that "they" live and promote.If I ever see a Man sprout a Baby out of his butt,Then I'll give it a thumbs up....Until then?
My family has gay folks on both sides of the family, so I'm pretty sure it's genetic. In any case, my family loves gays and lesbians as they love all Americans. Fortunately, they aren't bigots like you. LOL!!

Austin, TX

#475 Feb 4, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me show you delusion..........In my post which you made this reply too I provided historical evidence of what the Black civil rights movement was about and all you can come back with his hypotheticals, conjecture and flat out lies.
The delusional mental gay state is sad and desperate for something to validate the gay perverted existence. But sadly that reality can't be found. You say Dr. King supported you but your not even welcome in his church. Swallow that pill down.
Why would I ever step foot in a homophobic church. Be real. I still believe Coretta Scott King knew MLK better than you. LOL!!
The Moor

United States

#476 Feb 4, 2009
He would say "Hell to the no" Adam and Eve not Steve, "Now that sh*t is just nasty if you ask me" - his exact words!

Austin, TX

#478 Feb 4, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is in what Obama actually DID not what he wrote. Which is in my original post. Got reading comprehension..........didn't think so
Only a fool like you would believe Obama would pass all gay civil rights legislation his first month in office. Duh!! Be more patient. Change takes time. I'm sure you remember that from your own civil rights movement. LOL!!
The Moor

United States

#479 Feb 4, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
I think Dr. King, a GREAT American, would have marched with us arm-in-arm in our quest for the EQUALITY which is GUARANTEED us by the United States Constitution.
I shall ask him when I meet him.
PEACE !
:)
I think that you are having yet another delusional dream of that one big A--(no pun intended) gay parabe. I don't think that Dr. King would have said that. People kill me with all of this nonsense,he was not a liberal,stop making him out to be this all purpose leader. He was a staunch baptist minister, baptist do not believe in Homosexuality the last time I checked! So where the hell did you get this nonsense from!

You are just talking out of that big ole hole in your a--!
The Moor

United States

#481 Feb 4, 2009
Patrick in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
My family has gay folks on both sides of the family, so I'm pretty sure it's genetic. In any case, my family loves gays and lesbians as they love all Americans. Fortunately, they aren't bigots like you. LOL!!
So it is just one big a-- gay fest in your family,nice what a wonderful way to raise children! I guess it is healthy for a boy to knowt that he can grow up and stick it anywhere he feel like sticking it! Niiiice!

“Trans Woman”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#482 Feb 4, 2009
Montrose 1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Your Mother and Father are the reason You're here typing Your sick lifestyle..I'm sure they have plenty to brag about to their Friends knowing that they have a Freak of Nature in the blood-line...I don't have hate for Queers,I just don't agree with the perverted lifestyle that "they" live and promote.If I ever see a Man sprout a Baby out of his butt,Then I'll give it a thumbs up....Until then?
So you "...Don't have hate for Queers..." Could have fooled me by all the language you used that is considered pejorative and hateful....

Since: Feb 09

United States

#483 Feb 4, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
I think Dr. King, a GREAT American, would have marched with us arm-in-arm in our quest for the EQUALITY which is GUARANTEED us by the United States Constitution.
I shall ask him when I meet him.
PEACE !
:)
yes, He was a man ahead of his time. There needs to be more people that can follow his legacy, meaning do good for the world!
DiSSaP0iNteDiN2D aYzWorLd

Redmond, WA

#484 Feb 4, 2009
Being " gay " iz not a choice , kuz if it were I'm pretty sure WE Wudn't choose 2 b juz so we wudn't have 2 deal with the ignorant insecure ppl of 2day .
GaY BaSHinG = iNSeCuRiTiEZ
NuFF SaiD .
Y iZ iT dat it'z alwayz a BLaCK MaLe 2 say sumtin 2 me wen i walk past
" All this pusxy around and nigxa wana b gay . "
2 which i reply " All this pusxy around and nigxa wana b concerned with y I'm gay and who I'm fucxin "
Alwayz at this point the ignorant insecure nigxa ( bein da word str8 from hiz mouth ) haz nuttin more 2 say.
LoL sooo surprising.
I cnt w8 4 da day wen " GaYz " are walking around all over and dere'z only a handful of " str8'z " . I'm pretty sure that when that dat comes WE won't b " str8-bashing " 0n u . LoL
Heed my wordz dat day will come our numbers have increased greatly as time goes on and will continue 2 do so .
Any1 feel free 2 comment or " bash ' me but i won't b bothered 2 c as i am bored with this and have more pressing matterz like school ( omg yes " gays " care bout school and also surprisingly WE have familiez who WE love and 4 those of us who r lucky get dat same love in return ) and making the nigxaz on my blok question hiz sexuality .
=-D PeaCE .
P.s. Big fat ThanK u 2 da " gay bashers " and 2 those who dnt support us . It'z because of u dat WE FiGhT 4 0ur RightZ .

Austin, TX

#485 Feb 4, 2009
The Moor wrote:
He would say "Hell to the no" Adam and Eve not Steve, "Now that sh*t is just nasty if you ask me" - his exact words!
All you have proven is that you enjoy telling lies. I guess that makes you morally inferior to gays and lesbians. LOL!!

“It's good to be me!”

Since: Jun 08

4 me 2 know and U 2 find out

#486 Feb 4, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
Another person going off topic cause they can't have MLK and Obama dissed them. Got history.........didn't think so.
Whatever. You shouldn't be trying to speak for mlk or obama. You have no clue what mlk felt or what obama feels now. Stick to what ur feelings are.

Austin, TX

#487 Feb 4, 2009
The Moor wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is just one big a-- gay fest in your family,nice what a wonderful way to raise children! I guess it is healthy for a boy to knowt that he can grow up and stick it anywhere he feel like sticking it! Niiiice!
My dad is a retired officer in the marine corps. I'm sure he makes you look like a wimp. I bet I make you look like a wimp too. I was fortunate enough to have intelligent parents that could care less about sexual orientation. Thank God I didn't have hillbilly redneck parents like you. LOL!!
Jonah

Nashville, TN

#488 Feb 4, 2009
Montrose 1973 wrote:

I don't see babies shooting out of your cousin's mouth, but I bet you still put it in there don't you?
lifes a beach

Indianapolis, IN

#489 Feb 4, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sad desperate attempts continue for gays to try and be a part of black history..........sad to have no respectable history isn't it gays.
No one is trying to be a part of "black history", get over yourself.
lifes a beach

Indianapolis, IN

#490 Feb 4, 2009
Blk and Str8T wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your name is black thievery. You try and talk about blacks but your using a historic black woman's name you idiot. Ever heard of Queen of Sheeba. Again sad how you attempt to some how project blacks aren't worthy and at the same time claim MLK because of gay loser history. Too bad, you always have the sisters of perpetual gayness.
You're obsessed with race.
lifes a beach

Indianapolis, IN

#491 Feb 4, 2009
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to come down from broke butt mountain and get a life.
Common gay dieases listed below.
1. Anal Cancer
2. Chlamydia trachomatis
3. Cryptosporidium
4. Giardia lamblia
5. Herpes simplex virus
6. Human immunodeficiency virus - AIDS !
7. Human papilloma virus
8. Isospora belli
9. Microsporidia
10. Gonorrhea
11. Viral hepatitis types B & C
12. Syphilis
Same diseases heterosexuals can get, halfwit.
The Moor

United States

#492 Feb 4, 2009
CutDaKord wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, He was a man ahead of his time. There needs to be more people that can follow his legacy, meaning do good for the world!
This does not mean that he would have marched for the gay cause. This is all just wishful thinking, if the black community is largely against supporting gay rights now, in they year of 2009 what in the hell makes you think that he,and his supporters would.

*African Americans get so pissed when you homos,attempt to link the struggle for "civil" rights with your filthy cause. They are not the same. While I would support your right to live in a safe society,where you are not under the constant danger of being harmed. I would never-ever in a thousand lifetimes support your right to live shack up or live with another man, or a woman with a woman,and make a mockery of marriage. Something that God almighty created and meant for man and woman. Man and woman alone, not man and chuck,nor Barb and Sue,nor Bob and his neighbors ten year old daughter,nor Suzy and her pet sheperd.
lifes a beach

Indianapolis, IN

#493 Feb 4, 2009
Patrick in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of Alexander the Great? Now there is some gay history for you. Your turn. LOL!!
Patrick, personal question, of course you don't have to answer....Are you homosexual?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Blacks Are The Real Jews (May '08) 3 min Moses 3,229
Video proof that Hannibal Barca was Black (Jan '13) 10 min dreamhunk 25
Does Race Biologically Exist? 16 min Moses 510
News Barack Obama's Deplorable Race Relations Legacy 18 min Obama Support Cri... 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP 1,478,936
ALL Arabs berbers WILL get the fk out our sacre... 31 min Moses 54
Me have story to say. 45 min Me 21 year old 5
Parents Cut Her Off for Dating a Black Man 1 hr Jax 170
My Indian cousin married a black man & had a ba... 3 hr Me 21 year old 74
Why do white people hate us more than any other... (Sep '12) 3 hr Sicklecell Supporter 859
More from around the web