How to Tell a "Down-Low" Brother
Truth Be Known

AOL

#65 Feb 25, 2008
King wrote:
AND what about DL SISTAS , SO Y'ALL ARE TELLING ME THERE ARE NO GAY BLACK WOMEN TRICKNG STR8 MEN????
Y'LL NEED TO STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING THAT GOES WRONG IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY ON THE BRUTHAS , AND THEN MAYBE SOME OF THEM WILL STOP HATING Y'ALL!!
The difference King is a DL sistah can not give a man AIDS sexually. I did see a show on Oprah where women were infected with AIDS and their male lovers finally told them after they had sex numerous times. Oprah has done shows on women living with AIDS.

“My Great Grandmother”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#66 Feb 25, 2008
but how do u tell a low-down brotha?
Blackinjun

United States

#67 Feb 25, 2008
Truth Be Known wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference King is a DL sistah can not give a man AIDS sexually. I did see a show on Oprah where women were infected with AIDS and their male lovers finally told them after they had sex numerous times. Oprah has done shows on women living with AIDS.
did see also do one on the starving poor black Africans that can't do nothin unless the white man's in charge?
Truth Be Known

AOL

#68 Feb 25, 2008
Blackinjun wrote:
<quoted text>
did see also do one on the starving poor black Africans that can't do nothin unless the white man's in charge?
No, Never , ever saw a show like that one.
enzo

Carrollton, VA

#69 Feb 25, 2008
Hey, is Eddie Murphy on the DL? I have family that lives out in Cali, and they tell me that a couple times he has been caught with "women" that look like they could wear Shaq's bedroom slippers.
Ashley

Aurora, CO

#70 Feb 25, 2008
Coming from a bisexual woman with a homosexual white male best friend......sorry, but you can't tell a DL brother. He dates brothers all the time and he can't tell whether they're gay or straight.....or just simply fockin confused. And ricland, you were right when you mentioned one thing....gays do not run up to DL brothers or DL people period with open arms, particularly the ones who are sleeping with their wives back at home, then go out to sleep with another man while his wife at home doesn't know. I personally can not stand a DL brother, whitey, latino, or anything else because that's when AIDS/HIV runs rampant throughout EVERYONE's community. I'm repulsed by DL brothers or non-blacks. If you're homosexual, bisexual, or even trisexual, please be honest with your partners BEFORE getting serious with them because it just might save their life, literally. You can never really tell if a person, just by looking at them, that they're on the downlow especially AA men. I just saw a simple pic of my best bud's new boytoy and I've never seen such a masculine, non-flambouant, GAY man in my life. There's really nothing to look for because looks can be quite deceiving at times. You just have to trust that this individual is honest with you about his/her sexuality or play private investigator and force the truth out of him. Either way, it's not a smart nor truly manly thing to do when you're sleeping with your gf AND your boytoy in the same time period.

Ric Ricland

“"Same as it ever was..."”

Since: Jan 07

Dayton, OH

#71 Feb 25, 2008
Michael Eric Dyson is a down-low brother.

This fat fairy keeps slipping crap into his lectures like, "And we need to listen to our gay and transgender brothers. We can learn from them."

The first time I heard him use a line like that, I said, "ok, the brother got a little carried away."

But after I began hearing it every time he spoke, I said, "Oh-oh, we got us a big fat down-low brother here."

ricland

“Viva La Revolucion”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Maryland

#72 Feb 25, 2008
lovable1 wrote:
but how do u tell a low-down brotha?
If your having sex with the man, and you all of a sudden sneak two of your fingers into his behind and he either doesn't notice or begins to move up in down as if he enjoys it, he's on the downlow. Even if he likes it for JUST A SPLIT SECOND... real talk, he's got sugar in his tank. LOL A real brotha would up quick and it's probably ruin the whole sexual experience for him. Believe me.

Ric Ricland

“"Same as it ever was..."”

Since: Jan 07

Dayton, OH

#73 Feb 25, 2008
Mr_Azhaad wrote:
<quoted text>
If your having sex with the man, and you all of a sudden sneak two of your fingers into his behind and he either doesn't notice or begins to move up in down as if he enjoys it, he's on the downlow. Even if he likes it for JUST A SPLIT SECOND... real talk, he's got sugar in his tank. LOL A real brotha would up quick and it's probably ruin the whole sexual experience for him. Believe me.
Damnyum ...

Guess I better come out the closet then, cause I like that finger popping jive.

ricland

“To A Women So Heartless”

Since: Dec 07

Vincentown, NJ

#74 Feb 26, 2008
King wrote:
AND what about DL SISTAS , SO Y'ALL ARE TELLING ME THERE ARE NO GAY BLACK WOMEN TRICKNG STR8 MEN????
Y'LL NEED TO STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING THAT GOES WRONG IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY ON THE BRUTHAS , AND THEN MAYBE SOME OF THEM WILL STOP HATING Y'ALL!!
Hell Yeah! And with that i say this. I know a women that was a 'les' for about 15 years. She 'so called' got to a point in her life were she realized she was becoming interested in men. Got into a relationship with a male, and became pregnant. Then everyone finds out that she has a secret lover (which was a women). She just wanted to have a baby. Which she planed to do with dude then run off with the baby. That was very hurtful for anyone to hear... so its not just man, women play a big part too
Truth Be Known

AOL

#75 Feb 26, 2008
Did anyone check the story on B2K.
Go to You Tube and put B2K in the search engine.
There a story of this guy having sex with his 12 year old male cousin. The kid now grown says his A$$ hurts but he later retracts his story.
Truth Be Known

AOL

#76 Feb 26, 2008
Truth Be Known wrote:
Did anyone check the story on B2K.
Go to You Tube and put B2K in the search engine.
There a story of this guy having sex with his 12 year old male cousin. The kid now grown says his A$$ hurts but he later retracts his story.
Feedback...what do you think happened?
Andrea Hetheru

San Diego, CA

#77 Feb 26, 2008
Mr B wrote:
There is absolutely no evidence that DL is a real phenomena.
Like most things we fear, the reality doesn't match up with the pop culture image. Sure there are bisexuals and some even behave in an irresponsible manner but there has never been a widespread epidemic of such irresponsible behaviour.
The notion of DL behaviour was an attempt to explain the higher rate of HIV infection in the black community but it has never been shown to be the case.
It is more likely that the vector that accounts for the higher rate of HIV infection is related to either the peculiar immune system of people of African descent or to the safe sex practices (or lack thereof) in the black community.
There is a lot of evidence that the higher rates of +HIV results is simply that a higher % of black people are being persuaded to take the test.

It is important to know that the test itself yields a # that is in a range. It is not a simple yes or no reading. People with identical #s can have opposite results based upon the test reader's determination of risk. That is a 32 ye old, married white woman from a suburb will be told she is - while a 32 yr old black female will be told she is +. Why? Because black people have higher rates of infection. See how that works? Also note that the virus itself has never been isolated in a laboratory.

Immune deficiencies have been around for along time; especially in places where the has been polluted. Sound like any place Mr. Bush has been lately?
Andrea Hetheru

San Diego, CA

#78 Feb 26, 2008
Immune deficiencies have been around for along time; especially in places where the WATER has been polluted. Sound like any place Mr. Bush has been lately?
Where

Chico, CA

#79 Feb 26, 2008
Mr B wrote:
There is absolutely no evidence that DL is a real phenomena.
Like most things we fear, the reality doesn't match up with the pop culture image. Sure there are bisexuals and some even behave in an irresponsible manner but there has never been a widespread epidemic of such irresponsible behaviour.
The notion of DL behaviour was an attempt to explain the higher rate of HIV infection in the black community but it has never been shown to be the case.
It is more likely that the vector that accounts for the higher rate of HIV infection is related to either the peculiar immune system of people of African descent or to the safe sex practices (or lack thereof) in the black community.
Wow I bet you believe the world is still flat; eight track tapes were just invented; and there is only one galaxy that exsists. U outa date chilllllld
AdamAndEve

Chico, CA

#80 Feb 26, 2008
February 25, 2008; The Mo'Kelly Report:
The only “phenomenon” related to the “down-low” discussion was that the African-American community was actually discussing it AT ALL in the public space.
The hindrance to that discussion heretofore can rightfully be blamed on African-Americans’ collective stigma placed on anything and anyone connected with homosexuality.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#81 Feb 26, 2008
I use to know a guy that always made comments about other men. He would call some Nellie Queens. He said Stedman (Oprah's man) was gay said he held his hand out like a woman wanting it to be kissed. I mean he always had something to say.

It made me wonder about him to be honest. It was hard for me to understand why a man cared so much about another man's sexuality. To have so many opinions about men being gay. My goodness why would a straight man care? He never even really said too much about women except to shoot some down. He was a gossip and for lack of a better word catty. I often wondered if he was on the DL.

Ric Ricland

“"Same as it ever was..."”

Since: Jan 07

Dayton, OH

#82 Feb 27, 2008
AdamAndEve wrote:
February 25, 2008; The Mo'Kelly Report:
The only “phenomenon” related to the “down-low” discussion was that the African-American community was actually discussing it AT ALL in the public space.
The hindrance to that discussion heretofore can rightfully be blamed on African-Americans’ collective stigma placed on anything and anyone connected with homosexuality.
I think the jury is in on homosexuality: it's a bad choice.

“My Great Grandmother”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#83 Feb 27, 2008
Mr_Azhaad wrote:
<quoted text>
If your having sex with the man, and you all of a sudden sneak two of your fingers into his behind and he either doesn't notice or begins to move up in down as if he enjoys it, he's on the downlow. Even if he likes it for JUST A SPLIT SECOND... real talk, he's got sugar in his tank. LOL A real brotha would up quick and it's probably ruin the whole sexual experience for him. Believe me.
oh no!

“Wishin' you were here”

Since: Mar 07

Caribou Bones

#84 Feb 27, 2008
Where wrote:
<quoted text>Wow I bet you believe the world is still flat; eight track tapes were just invented; and there is only one galaxy that exsists. U outa date chilllllld
Show me a study that confirms DL exists as an major factor in the spread of HIV and I'll change my mind. But in the absence of fact you are just blowing wind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,803
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 11 min Moses 48,792
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 13 min Synque 1,251
Why do black people hate Indians so much? (Feb '14) 17 min Moga 168
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 18 min southern at heart 617
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 18 min dcool 7,364
Why did they Nuked Japan but not Germany??? 18 min XYZ2330 247
IR at the walmart 1 hr jabari mozzy 58
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 1 hr FABULICIOUS 35,238
What Exactly is "SEXUAL HARASSMENT" ??? 2 hr FABULICIOUS 71
More from around the web