Dee_Dee

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

This is OUTRAGEOUS. I am so tired of people like Mother Patterson serving in the church for years only to end up without means to maintain a decent standard of living.

GIVE HER THE MONEY and stop being a GREEDY PIG.
From Milwaukee WI

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

I most agreed...If the Pastor don't has anything to HIDE..why don't he show her the record, I mess a rat in this..I love watching the message on cable, it an uplift and I enjoy see Mother Patterson as well, Bishop Patterson is turn over in his grave seeing the 2 people he love is fighting over something, The New pastor, if he is rightous he show her, if he stealing, well it will come to light. Saint get together it not right but God will bright it to the light, because if he taking from the top, Lord help him, he stealing from the Church.
showlove

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Mother Patterson is right to protect herself but these actions do not seem to represent what Bishop G.E. Patterson was about
Mississipi

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Mrs. Patterson is suing Hawkins for access to church financial records. The suit says she wants to see if money from Bountiful Blessings, a separate ministry founded by her husband, is being lumped together with church finances.

There must be a problem.. if they don't her to see the records...
msy barbie

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

mother patterson shame on you for what you are doing you have help m eto make my decesion about findind a new church you could hav ehandle this in a private way how do you feel about sitting in the same church where you are taking your pastor to court if we cannot get along down here how can we live together up there bishop patterson must be shedding some tears about your actions be real lady if you are truely a safe woman why do oyu need to see every thing you have been here along time i am sure that with christ in the vessels we can smile at the strom not go to the unjust court the bible tells us about it lady you need to go on your knees and pray for the discard that you have create as for me and my families i will no longe rbe worshing with you for you are a double minded saint
beverley johnson

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

mother patterson what were you thinking when you deceided to bring in the unjust law right in the church why did you not sit with bishop blake and work this out is it all about money or you just trying to stay in the spot light remember that you are no longer the first lady of your church bow out graciousfully and enjoy your life it is too short bishop patterson was a saint but he had to go what away to remember him i use to love to watch you but i feel that you have created a division right in the church i felt short of calling you a jobs wife who told him to curse god and die lady same like how you come on tv and beg for money you need to appear on tv and beg for forgiven you are tearing down your own church that your late husband help to improve how do you sleep at night what do oyu think that the world is saying that the church is been sueing by their own member i am crying while writing this i can imaige hw bishop blake is feelin gright now about this mess grow up lady and stop been selfish
Ronnie Duncan

Merrifield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

Prayer changes things and Prayer changes people.
What are you thinking

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

a-t united states wrote:
this whole lawsuit is so stupid! she is suing her own family member? what is wrong with her? why does she need to have the records anyway? she has always known about the finances in both of the churches? if the late great bishop was still alive this lawsuit would not be going on in the first place! i truly do miss bishop patterson he was a true man of god who always spoke the truth! i will pray for her and her nephew because they need some guidance from god! i love you bishop patterson may you continue to rest in peace!
That's a dumb statement...of course if he was alive their wouldn't be a need for a lawsuit. Mother Patterson has a right to protect her future and husband's legacy. I like the new pastor and the move forward, but she did have a big stake in building that church to where it is. He's just reaping the benefits of her labor beside her husband the late Bishop Patterson.
ice

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

What happened to the Lawsuit?
Harena

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

my comment is directly to mrs Patterson a wife to great man of God, madam remember the man you love so much passed away a year ago you have forgetting all God Jehovah principals he belived in. He hold on to word of life before he was called home.
Madam you were to be copy of his image now that he is no more leading others as a true vine for others to follow.
Why would you allowed your flesh to rub you off that truth you share with him for many good years.
Have you forgetting all the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ that we try and forgive 70 times , we should not take one other to court.why you of all people all for sake of worldly copper, papers (money) you will now allowed body of Christ to be divided.
Please for sake of love of God Jehovah make peace and withdraw the law suit. Make your late husband spirit to rest in happiness of glory of almighty God. So that when your time you will boast you have fright a good fright of faith.
Bless you, may the Lord gives a new heart of love to acknowledge His power and grace in you in Jesus name amen
gladysmorrison

Hermiston, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

that nephew of bishop patterson,if he do not take his hand off what rightfully belong to mother patterson,he dont want the heaven's to open up god's rath on him for the simple reason god know's what rightfully belong to her. greed is of the devil, that in it self tell the church where god is in this pastor's life and that speaks louder than anything.
Carol

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Miller wrote:
If she is entitled to the money, give it to her. This is what happens when a great leader like Bishop Patterson is dead, and the COGIC takes over what he worked to build so hard. Mother Patterson is only trying to protect herself, if she doesnt then her husbands legacy will fade away and most people love to hear him on Sunday Morning. Get real its life, I would take them to court as well.
I agree, what is she now... in her 70s...It's IDIOTIC for these people to say anything but make sure that the widow of this man of God is well cared for...He was her husband, she shared him with millions.

The same thing is happening with Dr.D.James kennedy and his ministry. His daughter is suing the ministry. The families of these men, had to sacrifice their husband, father etc while the man was serving God. Now the new pastor and some church members feel threatened by their presence there...in the very place their loved one founded.
E F HILL

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

PRAY
E F HILL

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

WWGEPATTERSONDO
Barbara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

the nephew should just show first lady what she wants
Honey Louise

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

The Bible states in the New Testament that a brethren should not take his/her brother/sister to court. Yes, as a Christian you are tempted to do so. This is due to the fact that some of the so-called named-only Christians are not living according to the Word of God. Yes we can shout and praise the Lord in the Church, however when we leave the Church, we forget our testimony. Christianity is a life-style of living holy for Jesus Christ. Whether we believe it or not, there are ways we can handle another so-called Christian. To find out what a person should do is to research the Bible and allow Jesus Christ to lead you. He specializes in repayment and revenge. I am a witness! I have seen people suffer for there wrong doing! You don't believe it? Try it!
Carol

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

showlove wrote:
Mother Patterson is right to protect herself but these actions do not seem to represent what Bishop G.E. Patterson was about
Nonsense, Bishop Patterson helped take care of widows and orphans in his church. Why wouldn't he want his wife (a widow) to be taken care of.

It's rediculous to pretend that money is not a valid part of life.

She should be well taken care of, as she was by Bishop's side and made crucial sacrifices, as God used him.

The church that her husband founded, should make sure that she continues to live comfortable and at or above the standard of living that she's been accustomed to.
minister simmons

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

I've never met Bishop Patterson or his lovely wife, but watching on tv and listening to the great prophetic words that God gave him to share with us through his mininstry was just like I was sitting in his presence. The many situations that have taken place in the house of God, I hate to say, but it's nothing new if you are reading the word of God you have seen it time and time again when Gods chosen shepherd is removed the flock forgets the teaching and statues of God. Example Joshua the people remained faith until the last Elder that was taught by Joshua died, after his death the people strayed. Pray for the saints which makes up the body of Christ in this world and pray that the generational curse be broken. Amen and God Bless you.
DISTANT RELATIVE

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2011

JUST LIKE LOT IN THE BIBLE!......MY RELATIVE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED OUT FOR HIS WIFE AND HAD EVERYTHING IN ORDER......JUST AS A MAN PREPARE TO LIVE HE MUST ALSO PREPARE TO DIE.....I AM THE DAUGHTER OF A PASTOR AND GRAND-DAUGHTER......THE WIDOW IS NOT RESPECTED ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE AND IF SHE DOSEN'T LOOK OUT FOR HERSELF NO ONE ELSE WILL......YOU MAY SAY IT IS A MAN'S WORLD HOWEVER;MOST MEN WOULD NOT BE A SUCCESS WITHOUT HIS GIRL AND IN THIS CASE SHE PUT IN THE WORK AND LABORED WITH HER HUSBAND......GIVE ME A BREAK!....NEPHEW STEP OFF BECAUSE HE TOOK A VOW WITH HER BEFORE GOD NOT U.......THANKS
Holiness Still Right

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Bishop Patterson was a Godly Man and he did take care of business. It is amazing how we the proclaimed people of God can so quickly judge and come to an unjust and an ungodly conclusion in matters we know nothing about. Pray church! Pray!!! And again I say, Pray.

Also please know that God will hold us accountable for our slanderous tongue. All we need to do is go back to our knees and seek God!!! For He and He alone is the Righteous Judge!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

481 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 3 min Ks Choice 78,583
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 3 min Phoenix Ascended 2,515
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Flacks News 1,082,672
White vet has sex with animals 4 min Michele 3
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 5 min Bigsmoke 662
What is it that "RACIST" White People Hope to A... 7 min TANGLEFOOT 33
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 8 min African AE 94,518
Another BM with a HOT WW Wife__----------- 15 min ash 423
Black Guy at an All White Party 15 min Michele 65
•••
•••