stop calling black women masculine-looking!!!!

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of514
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

10

5

3

I'm sick of reading these threads and posts about how black women are masculine-looking just because they have dark skin, African features, and kinky hair. It's like black women are not allow to look black and only black men can look Afrocentric, but a black woman has to look Eurocentric in order to be so-called feminine-looking. I think that this is very racist and sexist if you ask me. And you want to know why black women wear weaves, perms, and bleaching creams. I'm tired of hearing people saying that black women are unfeminine-looking, and the only time they are feminine looking is when they are mixed with white. I mean, what kind of racist BS is that? I think it's VERY insulting to me as a black woman. Black women are feminine and women just like very other race of women, and I'm tired of black women being singled out, and I have every right to express my anger. This is ridiculous. LEAVE BLACK WOMEN ALONE!!!!!

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Ignore what the racists and the eurocentric brainwashed house negroes have to say,..

Black women are beautiful.

Since: Aug 08

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Your not the only one angry, many other BW including myself too are angry,
the only place where I've heard the dark skin BW are masculine is on topix though...
Only topix promotes this racist bs...
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

1

juss chillin wrote:
Ignore what the racists and the eurocentric brainwashed house negroes have to say,..
Black women are beautiful.
You got that right. Now I'm not against interracial dating, but when you uplift other races of people more than your own, then that's a problem, andI will not respect people like that becaust that shows self-hatred, and a lot of people want to be in denial about this. Then they will jump on my throat when I talk about this. This is very hurtful to black women, and it needs to be addressed. I WILL NOT sit here and let these bastards insult my gender, race, and skin tone. I can see if you like all kinds of people while you have lover for your own, but when you love non-black men or women more than your own race of men or women, then that's a problem, and they get no respect from me.
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Jozye wrote:
Your not the only one angry, many other BW including myself too are angry,
the only place where I've heard the dark skin BW are masculine is on topix though...
Only topix promotes this racist bs...
I know, and it's VERY insulting. I expect non-black people to say this because they don't like anything that's different from them, and they tend to like their own people, but it breaks my heart when your OWN MEN will say this BS about their own women. Anytime you have brainwashed coons like Tito78 saying that Afrocentric-looking black women look like men, that's a HUGE problem. Black people do not like themselves AT ALL! That's why I'm by myself most of the time because to tell you toe truth, I don't like being around black folks who have this thinking. Do you know what's so funny? If a black woman with dark skin have kinky hair, African features, big butt, thick thighs, big breasts, wide hips, and what have you, she's ugly and fat, but when a light-skinned BW, mixed women, or non-black woman have these things, they are sexy and exotic-looking???? That goes to show you that it boils down to skin color. Now I don't see nothing wrong with weaves and wigs because it's an accesory just like jewelry and you can take it off and wear your natural hair the next day, but I think that bleaching your skin is very dangerous, and no woman of color should be subjected to that.
SueMe

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Black women are some of the most feminine women I've ever seen actually.

http://www.google.com/search...

Look how much glow they all have to their skin, and they're all gorgeous.
Dr Endo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

7

5

2

Dark skin, on a man or a woman, does appear more masculine. It is just a fact of life. Pale white skin on a male looks more feminine. It doesn't mean the pale white guy or the dark black fem have switched sexes, it just influences the perception of appearance. Black is a very dominate color. White is recessive. One coat of black can cver white. It can take several coats of white to cover white. Hence, black is stronger than white and black is associated as masculine, white associated as feminine.
dentsun4228

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Black Women Are Beautiful wrote:
I'm sick of reading these threads and posts about how black women are masculine-looking just because they have dark skin, African features, and kinky hair. It's like black women are not allow to look black and only black men can look Afrocentric, but a black woman has to look Eurocentric in order to be so-called feminine-looking. I think that this is very racist and sexist if you ask me. And you want to know why black women wear weaves, perms, and bleaching creams. I'm tired of hearing people saying that black women are unfeminine-looking, and the only time they are feminine looking is when they are mixed with white. I mean, what kind of racist BS is that? I think it's VERY insulting to me as a black woman. Black women are feminine and women just like very other race of women, and I'm tired of black women being singled out, and I have every right to express my anger. This is ridiculous. LEAVE BLACK WOMEN ALONE!!!!!
Well a big part of that is the ATTITUDE so many black women have. I've experienced many black women who seem more interested in cutting brothers down to size than being loving, supporting and kind. You add that to the fact that this society DOES NOT promote a black aesthetic or black standards of female beauty then it's easy to "masculate" black women. Especially brothers that don't have a whole lot of imagination or don't really know what's going on. Think about it: If a woman LOOKS like the OPPOSITE of what society considers feminine beauty (dark skin as opposed to white, dark eyes and hair as opposed to blue and blonde) and ACTS like the opposite of what society considers ideally feminine (loud, trifling and obnoxious as opposed to quiet, sweet and wise) there would be a natural tendency to call her "masculine".

For myself, I think black women are without a doubt more beautiful than white women...however attitude affects people's overall perception of you.
dentsun4228

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Black Women Are Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, and it's VERY insulting. I expect non-black people to say this because they don't like anything that's different from them, and they tend to like their own people, but it breaks my heart when your OWN MEN will say this BS about their own women. Anytime you have brainwashed coons like Tito78 saying that Afrocentric-looking black women look like men, that's a HUGE problem. Black people do not like themselves AT ALL! That's why I'm by myself most of the time because to tell you toe truth, I don't like being around black folks who have this thinking. Do you know what's so funny? If a black woman with dark skin have kinky hair, African features, big butt, thick thighs, big breasts, wide hips, and what have you, she's ugly and fat, but when a light-skinned BW, mixed women, or non-black woman have these things, they are sexy and exotic-looking???? That goes to show you that it boils down to skin color. Now I don't see nothing wrong with weaves and wigs because it's an accesory just like jewelry and you can take it off and wear your natural hair the next day, but I think that bleaching your skin is very dangerous, and no woman of color should be subjected to that.
If you ask me, the qualities you listed (dark skin have kinky hair, African features, big butt, thick thighs, big breasts, wide hips) are VERY feminine...lol. However, you must remember that there is a RIVALRY between blacks and whites and also black women and white women. I used to hang out with a white guy and we'd go to the black clubs and the women would dance with me and reject him. In the white clubs he got a lot of play (I really never had an interest in white girls). In the end he felt that black women were not for him and even asked me what I saw in them...we stopped hanging out, but I think this story illustrates that sour grapes, fear, and a natural rivalry can cause people to make those kinds of untrue characterizations of "the enemy"

“Timbaland ft. JTimb- Carry out”

Since: Oct 08

Houston Texas!! From Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Black Women Are Beautiful wrote:
I'm sick of reading these threads and posts about how black women are masculine-looking just because they have dark skin, African features, and kinky hair. It's like black women are not allow to look black and only black men can look Afrocentric, but a black woman has to look Eurocentric in order to be so-called feminine-looking. I think that this is very racist and sexist if you ask me. And you want to know why black women wear weaves, perms, and bleaching creams. I'm tired of hearing people saying that black women are unfeminine-looking, and the only time they are feminine looking is when they are mixed with white. I mean, what kind of racist BS is that? I think it's VERY insulting to me as a black woman. Black women are feminine and women just like very other race of women, and I'm tired of black women being singled out, and I have every right to express my anger. This is ridiculous. LEAVE BLACK WOMEN ALONE!!!!!
I agree we are beautiful. In fact all humans are beautiful. Everything God created is beautiful. Only those racist individuals are ugly.
dentsun4228

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

Dr Endo wrote:
Dark skin, on a man or a woman, does appear more masculine. It is just a fact of life. Pale white skin on a male looks more feminine. It doesn't mean the pale white guy or the dark black fem have switched sexes, it just influences the perception of appearance. Black is a very dominate color. White is recessive. One coat of black can cver white. It can take several coats of white to cover white. Hence, black is stronger than white and black is associated as masculine, white associated as feminine.
Mr Endo, I disagree completely. A lot has to do with how you were socialized from childhood. Most of us were raised in a society that idealized white women, so even as adults we tend to think of white females as the standard. Fact is, though, the most beautiful women I have seen were very dark skinned to brown skinned. They were also the most feminine. I think a lot of it is about opening up your mind to the association of black skin with femininity when it's a matter of women. Colors have the properties we assign to them based on our socialization and for that reason it usually takes a stronger man to see the femininity in a black women...On the other hand, it will be decades before blacks are able to overcome the associations of black with masculinity.
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Dr Endo wrote:
Dark skin, on a man or a woman, does appear more masculine. It is just a fact of life. Pale white skin on a male looks more feminine. It doesn't mean the pale white guy or the dark black fem have switched sexes, it just influences the perception of appearance. Black is a very dominate color. White is recessive. One coat of black can cver white. It can take several coats of white to cover white. Hence, black is stronger than white and black is associated as masculine, white associated as feminine.
Yeah but that doesn't make it right. I think that it's a racist overtone about this masculine/feminine thing, and I think that you are trying to start trouble by calling black women masculine and manly looking. Black women were born to be naturally brown or dark skin, and they DO NOT look like men. This theory that you are talking about has a lot of racist overtones that's from slavery and the media. I mean, the reason why you think this way is because everytime you turn on the TV, the women that you see the most is always of a lighter complexion. If you constantly see this image over and over again, of course you would think that women of a light hue is more feminine. It's not your fault that you think this way, but I as a black woman is far from looking masculine, and what you said is VERY insulting. Black women are just as feminine as every race of women. I can understand the attitude part. I know because I work in a job FULL of black women, but saying that black women look like men because they're darker is an INSULT, and that's that, and I'm not going to change it. I think that it's sexist and very racist.

“married and working on baby #2”

Level 8

Since: Jan 08

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

more whining? Has anybody offline called you masculine before?
Baraky

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Black women don't look like men! They look like monkeys.
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CANDAYMAMA wrote:
more whining? Has anybody offline called you masculine before?
I ave every RIGHT to whine when I'm being insulted as a black woman. That's why this is called an open forum when I can express my feelings. Well, no nobody didn't call me masculine, BUT I was watching one of SWP's videos about African features being masculine, and he said that black women who are dark-skinned, African-featured, and kinky-haired are too manly looking. Like WTH??? I'm very insulted as a black woman, and I'm going to talking about this, and I will NOT be silent!
SueMe

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 17, 2009
 
Baraky wrote:
Black women don't look like men! They look like monkeys.
Hardy har har...got your joke in for the day now go away.
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Dr Endo wrote:
Dark skin, on a man or a woman, does appear more masculine. It is just a fact of life. Pale white skin on a male looks more feminine. It doesn't mean the pale white guy or the dark black fem have switched sexes, it just influences the perception of appearance. Black is a very dominate color. White is recessive. One coat of black can cver white. It can take several coats of white to cover white. Hence, black is stronger than white and black is associated as masculine, white associated as feminine.
If all you see is white women or women of any race that looks close to white, of course you are going to saying that the white color or white skin is more feminine because that's all you see in the media, and if all you see are men that's darker, then, you are going to think that dark skin is masculine. It's about supply, demand, and INFLUENCE FROM THE MEDIA! A lot of people want to say that I'm using the media as a copout, but we can't ignore the fact that the media is the most POWERFUL tool in the world, probably more powerful than a gun. The media gets through your subconscious mind, and it will influence your choice in everything from women to clothes. It's a scientific fact that the media is VERY powerful. So people weren't just born to think that non-black women are feminine simply because they're lighter than the average black woman. It was reiforced in them through outside resources like the TV, movies, magazines, advetisements, and what have you, and you live in a country that embraces Eurocentric asthethic and not Afrocentric asthetic, and it's a racist country that judges people based on color.
Black Women Are Beautiful

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Baraky wrote:
Black women don't look like men! They look like monkeys.
That's a racist thing to say. They don't look like monkeys either. Why don't you racist people STOP attacking black women? We didn't do anything to you.
Game4Life

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

That's only said the put insecurities on Black women. Even other races of people don't believe that garbage. Most of them actually find Dark Skin Beautiful. When a person outside the race dates or marries a Black person, usually that person is dark skinned.

Hell, in Germany the Director of "Triumph of a Will" Lani Rothenstal,(may have spelled that wrong) had an obsession with Dark skinned African men.

Since: Jan 09

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Dr Endo wrote:
Dark skin, on a man or a woman, does appear more masculine. It is just a fact of life. Pale white skin on a male looks more feminine. It doesn't mean the pale white guy or the dark black fem have switched sexes, it just influences the perception of appearance. Black is a very dominate color. White is recessive. One coat of black can cver white. It can take several coats of white to cover white. Hence, black is stronger than white and black is associated as masculine, white associated as feminine.
Black people are brown colored...not black. And white people are peachy/pink so there goes that theory. Although, I think I see where you were trying to go with it...but it doesn't work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of514
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

306 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Do Black Men likes Asian women? Be Honest please!! (Jun '08) 8 min Ace-Cracks-Hacks 1,088
Whats Wrong With Race Mixing? (Feb '10) 18 min Panza 1,949
The Black Man: The Greatest Problem In America (Mar '13) 20 min sztapted 169
The BLACK Race is Functionally Retarded!! (Sep '10) 21 min jungleboy 1,050
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 33 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 88,656
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 35 min blondegirl 111,389
Black men, not all white women want you! (Dec '11) 38 min gumbyboy 587
BM Only, About My Freaky White Princess! 2 hr Wilbert 57
Are whitegirls attracted to blackguys?? 3 hr Artitype 89
Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are BLACK (Apr '13) 5 hr Lili4 2,382
•••
•••
•••
•••