NAACP letter details claims against P...

NAACP letter details claims against Pittsfield

There are 27 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Nov 15, 2013, titled NAACP letter details claims against Pittsfield. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

In its complaint over city hiring practices, the local chapter of the NAACP cites a lack of adherence to affirmative action policies, specific instances of alleged discrimination and statistics on the percentage of people of color working for city departments or the school system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#1 Nov 16, 2013
Yesterday there were at least five cops with five police vehicles obstructing traffic on the corner of Appleton Ave. High school students walked against the lights while crossing the streets and jaywalking while five cops with five police vehicles obstructed traffic. I don't about the rest of you, but the colour of Pittsfield's not so white "acting" police chief is not what I find offensive about him.
Pittsfield Waste

Blandford, MA

#2 Nov 16, 2013
The naacp like many other wasteful programs and lobbyists should be eliminated.
Pittsfield Waste

Blandford, MA

#3 Nov 16, 2013
Shakedown
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#4 Nov 16, 2013
Does this have anything to do the angry not so white woman whose visit to Bianchi's office did not go so well? And why didn't someone notice before now that the affirmative action policy has been buried away for the last 2 decades? And is there an actually policy of hiring only those people with the right connections to the right kind of people in Pittsfield? In other words, is there an official hiring policy of nepotism, cronyism, rascalism, and jobs for brown nose asskissers in Pittsfield.
downtrodden taxpayer3993

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Nov 16, 2013
This is going to be a tough one to whitewash. No pun intended. I don't think the court system has any control over this matter and neither does the GOB. Be nice to see them get their asses kicked for once.
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#6 Nov 16, 2013
So is Pittsfield's crummy current mayors and all the other mayors going back at least 2 decades, are they racists? And what other dark secrets are buried away? I saw Krol on the news last night. I was waiting for him and the mayor to say something like, some of their best friends are not so white.
six point plan

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2013
Naacp is a racist org that promotes one race over others. Same as klan or skin or White Nationalists.
The difference is that these people admit how they feel. Naacp hides its racism by saying blacks are oppressed. Naacp=racist.
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#8 Nov 16, 2013
I would like to know why Chief Riello chose to give the keys to the police chiefs office to MicHELL Wynn? And why the officially unethical guilty repeat offender, former mayor Ruberto, appointed MicHELL Wynn "acting" chief even over the objections of the police union. And why the police union objected to Wynn being appointed "acting" chief.
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#9 Nov 16, 2013
And let's not forget, Pittsfield's officially unethical guilty repeat offender, the crummy former mayor, Ruberto, who did try to shove the re-naming of Columbus Ave to MLK Drive down our throats. Immortalizing MLK's legacy in one of Pittsfield's slummier areas. I mean, there are worse places in Pittsfield. I know there's that $316,000 rehab single family home in the ghetto Ruberto, Ruffer, and Krol were all excited about. But still, Columbus Ave is like a gateway to the ghetto even with that $316,000 rehab single family home in the ghetto to improve the neighborhood. I'm just taking a wild guess Ruberto didn't want him up in his neighbor.
How about it

United States

#10 Nov 16, 2013
How many Native Americans (Indians) work at city hall or for the city?
How many Mexicans does the city hire? Latinos?
How many Pakistanis work there?

Is someone's skin color what qualifies him for a job?

Why is the city of Pittsfield so racist?
Al Gundy

Blandford, MA

#11 Nov 16, 2013
"Praxis33 playing the race card baby!!!"
fish rots from the head

Hope, ME

#12 Nov 16, 2013
Didn't Ruberto have a shoe shine boy working under him in city hall? Oh, sorry, that was Krol. But didn't Ruberto hire an out of work immigrant from NA to over see snow plowing in Pittsfield and to unearth the smoking gun in an alleged fraud in the water department? Oh, sorry, that was Ruberto's boy friend the former NA's mayor.
six point plan

United States

#13 Nov 16, 2013
People should hired based on ability. Not race. The naacp advocates hiring based on race. Therefore they are racists. Blacks make up 14% of the population. Yet they make enough noise to appear to be a much larger portion of the total population.
fish rots from the head

Hope, ME

#14 Nov 16, 2013
But anyway, back to what really matters. The safety of high school students to safely dart out into the path of your vehicle. After all, we're not all MeReDeAtHs with family and/or friends in the halls of injustice. Drive responsibly! You never know when a dog or deer will dart out of no-where and damage your vehicle, and the cops will arrest you, and the halls of injustice will finish you off. There may be help coming though. The mayor may apparently be plotting with others to come up with a plan to waste more taxpayer $$$$$$$$$$
fish rots from the head

Hope, ME

#15 Nov 16, 2013
Maybe the mayor could just have students in print shop make up some signs. Things like: Run, Don't Walk. Or Cross only at the light. Or All Roads Lead To HELL! Or just outlaw leaving school property for lunch. And on another note, did the cops ever solve the case of the mysteriously missing $9000 from PHS?
Buckwheat

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2013
Why is there not a black mayor?

Why always a short Italian?

We have a black President and a black Governor but no black Mayor.
Pittsfield is a racist city.
America owes us for slavery.
Jesse Jackson

United States

#18 Nov 17, 2013
It lookey like me and Al Sharpton need to file lawsuit against this racist town.
Steadman

United States

#20 Nov 17, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
How do you hire someone based solely on their skin color,
.....without "judging" them BY it?
Blacks get the jobs and positions they're in by their brains, not their skin color.
Tax and Spend

United States

#22 Nov 17, 2013
This city can easily afford another $100,000 or two in fines.

Taxes are not nearly high enough.
New council and more of the same mayor can just budget it in.
Carl from Pittsfield

Amherst, MA

#23 Nov 17, 2013
Steadman wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks get the jobs and positions they're in by their brains, not their skin color.
Rev Al is a fine example of your assertion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why all black women must breed with white men! 3 min Redefined 102
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 5 min KiloEcho 43,712
Poll Will Donald Trump be the next President of the ... (Aug '15) 9 min Sir Jethro 1,406
U S A to go down as the Worst Superpower Enemy ... 16 min Claude 1
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 27 min Aussie Mafia 6,272
Do you consider blacks human? 56 min ugly monkeys 4
Why do blacks steal so much? (Mar '15) 1 hr Sicklecell Supporter 3
News Trump's white voter problem 1 hr Sicklecell Supporter 42
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 2 hr Moses 3,669
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Time again 1,375,787
More from around the web