How come biracial kids from white fat...
Mulatto

Kings Cliffe, UK

#363 Mar 6, 2010
There are only two things in life that we do not have any input to:
1) Who our parents are.
2) Where we are born.
Therefore our race/colour is not our choice nor is our nationality. So to hate someone for their colour or their nationality is so stupid it makes me giggle out loud. Please think of this anyone who is thinking of posting a racist comment- it really does make you come across as thick and ignorant and it probably highlights the fact that your Grandfather and your father are one and the same.
MyMixedKid

Greenville, SC

#364 Mar 30, 2010
I see your point because just about any famous biracial people are "looked at" as black. That just shows you how many closed minded people work for the media and in advertising! I am black and my husband is white. We strive for our daughter to embrace both of her races. No one has ever called my daughter black or white, only mixed, biracial or black and white. She is 5 and she herself will correct you if you call her anything but! We also correct her speech, she talks like a NORMAL person should... not "black" and not "white", just as my husband and I were raised to speak. And for the moron that thinks biracial people are an abombination... first off, don't just read your Bible, study it! Secondly, biracial people are just as beautiful as any white, black or other race out there.
MyMixedKid

Greenville, SC

#365 Mar 30, 2010
To the racist folk on here who are saying mixed kids aren't cute...I have a beautiful daughter. I'm black and my husband is white. It's actually crazy the amount of times both black and white people have stopped us while were out (since birth and now she's 5 now) just to admire how beautiful she is. It's akward sometimes to walk away because their STILL going on about her! So I'm sorry to tell you but from walkin IN MY OWN SHOES on a daily basis...YOUR WRONG!!!!!!! I also know, personally, other black women who are married to white men and they have beautiful children as well! And for the other person who said they weren't smart, my daughter hasn't even started school yet and she's reading at a first grade level. So tell me...(let me be your doctor a moment)...How does THAT make you feel???
Leewa

Columbus, IN

#366 Apr 2, 2010
This whole creation of race has made us all insane. It isolates us and makes us hate one another base on stupid ideas and assumptions.

SAY NO TO RACE. WE ARE ONE PEOPLE & WE ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL.
Leewa

Columbus, IN

#367 Apr 2, 2010
anonymous wrote:
With bm/ww the kids are called biracial until they grow up and then the fathers demand they call themselves black regardless of skin tone.
Have you done research on this??? How do you know If every Black man with mixed children does this??
whatever

Babson Park, MA

#368 Apr 5, 2010
because most of the time people bron from those unions are raised around a black mother(ex. faith evans, eartha kitt, etta james, lauren london, tracee ellis ross, and more), so they easily identify with that race but kids born to white mothers identify more with the white side. hats just how it is people identify more with their mothers side of the family. I feel the only legit people who are biracial to talk about this are biracial people born from black mothers & white fathers, biracial people raised from white mothers are raised differently, so as a result different opinions, so their opinion is not valid.
lateasah

Los Angeles, CA

#369 Jun 7, 2010
Uh I don't get what y'all are saying because mixed children wm/bw look they same as ww/bm its really no difference to be truthful because to get started all mixed kids are NOT cute I seen a lot of ugly ones but all people see is hair and color and they really think they know beauty. Anybodys that's mixed with black they are black if people started going by bi-racial or mixed then the whole black culture is mixed name one pure breed black African person you know. I have a cousin she has a white mother/ black father her hair is nappy & me my mother is creole basically still considered black and father black my hair is way better then hers its no competitions or anything I'm just saying genetics can't nobody tell the difference so shut up about that. Mixed with black= black
Rock stAr chick

Toronto, Canada

#370 Jun 7, 2010
its true i agree with some of the comments on this thread, my bf is white and i am black and if him and i were to have a child our child will be labelled as biracal because that is what they are, two race into one. Biracial show such a beauty that represnts the fact that two ppl from seperate backgrounds come together and make something that is a representative of the beauty in both races. This should be about race because we are all one and if ppl can't except the love that is represented then its their lost. I know im beautiful, my man is handsome and my children will be beautiful regardless.

Khalisa

Korea

#371 Jun 11, 2010
Eu Sou Negro Tambem wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are referring to is pure colorism. Colorism will never die...it exists everywhere..Africa,Asia,Latin America,Europe,etc. Dark skinned people have been looked down on probably for thousands of years by lighter skinned people. The one drop rule isn't based on color though. It's solely based on the concept that Black blood is the bottom of barrel and thus taints any non-Black blood (especially White blood). You don't find that concept degrading as a person of Black Afrikan descent?
The original intent was just as you're saying, and I feel what you're saying. However, in this new era of Black consciousness in America, we took the 'one-drop' rule and used it to our benefit. As Frankie1stAffair said, we now use it to unify us as people of Afrikan descent in America. Now, only NOW are White people beginning to see how the 'one-drop' rule has backfired on them.

Why do you think suddenly Barack Obama's racial classification is an issue, that he's suddenly 'biracial'. Now you have Whites foaming at the mouth, they even want to claim Beyonce, now she isn't Black because her mother is 'Creole'. I heard someone saying the other day that Will Smith isn't 'pure Black'. LMAO it's getting ridiculous now, not only biracial Black people but now even every day light-skinned Blacks are being denied their heritage. I guess since Hispanics are coming here in droves, Whites are now the minority and are feeling threatened. So of course as usual Black people and our culture and people are being thrown under the bus to booster White people's confidence.
I speak the truth

United States

#374 Nov 1, 2010
trueasiaticblackman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're f*&Cking nuts most biracial people are from black men and white women and they're all called black.. i.e Alisha Keys, Halle Berry, Derreck Jeter... ect. ect. ect.
probably in America in Africa, Latin America, Europe most biracial children r products of non black man and a black woman
Melanesian RastaFari

Assen, Netherlands

#375 Nov 10, 2010
Jupiters back wrote:
<quoted text>
why is that?
----------
Never heard of racism in Russia towards "black people"

A cultural classification of people as "black" exists in Russia. Certain groups of people who are ethnically different, and generally darker, than ethnic Russians are pejoratively referred to as "blacks" (chernye), and face specific sorts of social exclusion .Roma, Georgians, and Tatars fall into this category. Those referred to as "black" are from the former Soviet republics, predominantly peoples of the Caucasus, e.g. Chechens. Although "Caucasian" is used in American English to mean "white people", in Russian – and most other varieties of English – it only refers to the Caucasus, not European people in general.
see also > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Russia
lilly

Riverside, CA

#376 Nov 22, 2010
i have seen some white moms with there biracal kids and trust me not all biracal kids are cute lol
BettieW

United States

#377 Nov 22, 2010
I'm always hearing biracial children called "black" and describing themselves as "black."
Look at Obama. He's just as white as he is black, but he acts like he's just black, and black people call him "our black President."
Do the "mixed" kids a favor: Let them know about both sides of their heritage, but make sure they are very aware of...and proud of...their whiteness.
Sarena

Chicago, IL

#378 Dec 22, 2010
I'm always curious...why ignorant folks get on these blogs...Sometimes, I just like to read the discourse between folks in this country, and then some person who has no common sense, and frankly, probably a by-product of incest gets on here, and starts throwing out racial slurs...I just don't get it! To the two douchebags...and when I say douchebag...I mean the summereve's bags that clean out dirty vjays...why don't you kick rocks!
GA Peach

San Antonio, TX

#379 Jan 13, 2011
maximus wrote:
BUT are called biracial when they are born from white women and black men?
I stumbled across this topic on an Etta James search and was intrigued, so I opted to take a look.
The first page of comments that came up was page 14 and since this was not the purpose of my search, I thought that I would go to page 1 and see what the verdict was. Knowing I didn't intend to read all the posts...
Being from the "South" (the country part of Georgia), it was made clear to us, that ALL kids with a drop of black blood were considered black.
Back in the day when racism wasn't on the low (like it is now), having mixed babies was wrong and frowned upon. So "white people" (it didn't matter to them which parent was white and which parent was black) labeled ALL mixed/interracial/half-breed/w hatever label society calls the kids now, back then, they were ALL BLACK!
Since some things have changed for some people, denial is often not practiced in the south (especially those who have been exposed to it). A black person (male/female) can usually spot another black person (again mixed/interracial/etc.) a mile away - because they themselves are black. Its an inside thing.
GA Peach

San Antonio, TX

#380 Jan 13, 2011
Also, not all "black people" call President Obama "our black President". He's the President, ignorant people make a big production about his color. There have been plenty of white presidents, and I've heard Republican's call Bush "our President" and democrats call Clinton "our President". Ignorance shows just how much racism is still alive and kicking. Why does his color even matter?!

“WARRIOR WOMAN-->THE BLACK XENA”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

$Money Makin' Manhattan$

#381 Jan 14, 2011
GA Peach wrote:
Also, not all "black people" call President Obama "our black President". He's the President, ignorant people make a big production about his color. There have been plenty of white presidents, and I've heard Republican's call Bush "our President" and democrats call Clinton "our President". Ignorance shows just how much racism is still alive and kicking. Why does his color even matter?!
Well to me, I consider him what he is which is biracial not black. But I think some black people call him black & highlight the fact he has black heritage because since all the presidents before him were all white now black people feel like we have accomplished something that we have not had in the past. And they call him black because also because of a dumb one drop rule that white people created to start with.
TheAnswer

Garland, TX

#382 Jan 14, 2011
The Bottom Line here is that Blacks are more accepting of mixed kids. Many white or asian families disown the member who is with a black person.

“WARRIOR WOMAN-->THE BLACK XENA”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

$Money Makin' Manhattan$

#383 Jan 14, 2011
TheAnswer wrote:
Many white or asian families disown the member who is with a black person.
Except when they are rich/famous right? THEN they welcome em' with open arms
;)

http://yeinjee.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05...

http://yeinjee.com/2007/amerie-in-korea/
Sadbuttrue

Arlington, VA

#384 Jan 14, 2011
NYChoney-Answser-MACEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well to me, I consider him what he is which is biracial not black. But I think some black people call him black & highlight the fact he has black heritage because since all the presidents before him were all white now black people feel like we have accomplished something that we have not had in the past. And they call him black because also because of a dumb one drop rule that white people created to start with.
Mixed and Bircacial are moving towards there own race they already have a classification in UK for biracial or mixed and they don't asosciate themselves as being Black.

My relatives dont consider themselves Black because of the upbringing is different than African Amerian

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,602,221
Do white men like fat black women? (Jan '09) 55 min BUTTALUV 482
Blacks, Apes, No. But Whites Have APE DNA (Aug '12) 57 min Alpha 150
News Trump Repeats Call to Fire Athletes Who Kneel f... 1 hr Ms Mack 1
North Korea FM: Trump is Mentally Deranged & Fu... 1 hr Ms Mack 7
What if Michael Jackson was "it" 1 hr Mr Lee 5
The black man is God 1 hr Ms Mack 6
A poem for all topix Hottentots 2 hr Mr Lee 2
White Desperation on Topix to have Blacks ACCEP... 2 hr lolwtf 20
This forum is like beating a dead ape... should... 3 hr Ttt 33