Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252449 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1192341 Aug 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
ObamaKKKare will now force employers to pay for genital mutilation surgery.....
Thank goodness most of you baggers don't have them so that will be a big savings.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192342 Aug 26, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I just voted for Charlie Crist in the primary; hope he can beat Scott
racist....

no black candidate to vote for, like Kendrick Meek???...

seriously, is Charlie Crist the best you can come up with???...

why not Debbie Wasserman-Test....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192343 Aug 26, 2014
if your medical insurance policy doesn't cover add-a-dick-to-me, it will be cancelled.......
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1192344 Aug 26, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
what group (by age) do you think is more intelligent? got any ideas?
That's a very strange question coming from Oklahoma.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1192345 Aug 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Leosnana is sooooooo funny trying to compare my identifying a few liberals on here with some of the kids' characters in Willy Wonka to a documentary.
And, yes, "The Square", is a documentary. No actors. No reenacting anything. It's real people who recorded a real revolution as it was happening in real Egypt in 2011 and 2012.
Bet you just learned the difference between the two, didn't you?
lol! What can I say?

You're just perfect in every way aren't you son?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1192346 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Well it's going to be Scott vs Charlie one way or the other__I voted against Scott btw but did vote for a couple of (R's) Mica for one. This year I had to seek out the local candidate profiles to rule out any tea party fks or religious freaks__not an easy task in my area. And I voted for a half penny tax increase__probably the only (R) that did that.

I wonder if Carol voted. She likes to share everything__hmm maybe she's a felon or worse an Independent. Or maybe she couldn't afford to miss her topix $hift.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192347 Aug 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a very strange question coming from Oklahoma.
people who live in Florida should never criticize anyone....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192348 Aug 26, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Son you don’t get it!! Do you wear a shirt or is it Tattoo on your Forehead ‘I’m an Idiot and Proud of It?’
all the sane folks get it.

Counterpoint: Fox News Is Ruining a Generation

Late last month, New York magazine published a really good piece by Frank Rich that made the argument that it might be time to ignore Fox News. That the network, like the reactionary viewpoint it champions 24/7, may seem powerful at the moment but there’s no denying that it’s staring down the barrel of demographic extinction. The median age of Fox’s audience is 68 and it’s not replenishing the viewers who die off simply because it exists only to terrify old white people into believing that their country is being taken away from them by progressives and their “new” way of looking at America and the world.

I agreed with Rich’s assessment that there’s no choice but to let Fox News’s point-of-view literally die. Maybe that’s because on a personal level my own father is one of the seemingly rare Fox News viewers who watches the network only occasionally, as part of a “fully balanced” diet of varied news sources. I don’t have to deal face to face with a crazy conservative relative who lives and breathes whatever Fox tells him to, and therefore can’t see the immediate damage the network’s nonstop avalanche of bullshit can do to those who submit to it.

But there’s a pretty good column over at Salon right now — yes, I’m recommending Salon — written by someone who does understand the damage Fox News can do in massive quantities. Edwin Lyngar’s take is that abandoning those aging, largely white Americans who get their entire worldview from Fox means abandoning his own father, who has immersed himself so fully in Fox News’s alternate reality that he’s apparently hardly recognizable anymore.

The salient part of the piece:

I do not blame or condemn my father for his opinions. If you consumed a daily diet of right-wing fury, erroneously labeled “news,” you could very likely end up in the same place. Again, this is all by design. Let’s call it the Fox News effect. Take sweet, kindly senior citizens and feed them a steady stream of demagoguery and repetition, all wrapped in the laughable slogan of “fair and balanced.” Even watching the commercials on Fox, one is treated to sales pitches for gold and emergency food rations, the product cornerstones of the paranoid. To some people the idea of retirees yelling at the television all day may seem funny, but this isn’t a joke. We’re losing the nation’s grandparents, and it’s an American tragedy.

People talk about the imminent “death” of Fox News itself, because of an ever-aging demographic. Again, Frank Rich makes this case, but I think his argument is dubious. Certainly the audience is graying to oblivion, but it’s a cold comfort to those of us who watch our parents or grandparents drown in an incessant downpour of outrage. We will only see the “End of Fox News” when my father and his contemporaries die. I do not want to watch my father and his entire generation spend their remaining years enraged at utter nonsense.

It’s tough to argue with the points Lyngar makes. In the abstract, it’s easy for people like me to say,“Screw it, they’re dying off anyway,” but when the ones dying off — those wasting their golden years filled with rage over what they see as the destruction of their way of life — are your loved ones, I suppose it’s an entirely different story.

The end result is still the same: Fox News’s die-hard audience won’t be around much longer. But for those who have to live with them while they’re still here — who call them father, grandfather, uncle and so on — that’s not exactly a comforting thought.

Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/02/counterpoin...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1192350 Aug 26, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
The more important question is which group dies off quicker? Got any idea????
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192351 Aug 26, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't? and you're trying to lead me to believe that you're the smart one?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192352 Aug 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
all the sane folks get it.
Counterpoint: Fox News Is Ruining a Generation
Late last month, New York magazine published a really good piece by Frank Rich that made the argument that it might be time to ignore Fox News. That the network, like the reactionary viewpoint it champions 24/7, may seem powerful at the moment but there’s no denying that it’s staring down the barrel of demographic extinction. The median age of Fox’s audience is 68 and it’s not replenishing the viewers who die off simply because it exists only to terrify old white people into believing that their country is being taken away from them by progressives and their “new” way of looking at America and the world.
I agreed with Rich’s assessment that there’s no choice but to let Fox News’s point-of-view literally die. Maybe that’s because on a personal level my own father is one of the seemingly rare Fox News viewers who watches the network only occasionally, as part of a “fully balanced” diet of varied news sources. I don’t have to deal face to face with a crazy conservative relative who lives and breathes whatever Fox tells him to, and therefore can’t see the immediate damage the network’s nonstop avalanche of bullshit can do to those who submit to it.
But there’s a pretty good column over at Salon right now — yes, I’m recommending Salon — written by someone who does understand the damage Fox News can do in massive quantities. Edwin Lyngar’s take is that abandoning those aging, largely white Americans who get their entire worldview from Fox means abandoning his own father, who has immersed himself so fully in Fox News’s alternate reality that he’s apparently hardly recognizable anymore.
The salient part of the piece:
I do not blame or condemn my father for his opinions. If you consumed a daily diet of right-wing fury, erroneously labeled “news,” you could very likely end up in the same place. Again, this is all by design. Let’s call it the Fox News effect. Take sweet, kindly senior citizens and feed them a steady stream of demagoguery and repetition, all wrapped in the laughable slogan of “fair and balanced.” Even watching the commercials on Fox, one is treated to sales pitches for gold and emergency food rations, the product cornerstones of the paranoid. To some people the idea of retirees yelling at the television all day may seem funny, but this isn’t a joke. We’re losing the nation’s grandparents, and it’s an American tragedy.
People talk about the imminent “death” of Fox News itself, because of an ever-aging demographic. Again, Frank Rich makes this case, but I think his argument is dubious. Certainly the audience is graying to oblivion, but it’s a cold comfort to those of us who watch our parents or grandparents drown in an incessant downpour of outrage. We will only see the “End of Fox News” when my father and his contemporaries die. I do not want to watch my father and his entire generation spend their remaining years enraged at utter nonsense.
It’s tough to argue with the points Lyngar makes. In the abstract, it’s easy for people like me to say,“Screw it, they’re dying off anyway,” but when the ones dying off — those wasting their golden years filled with rage over what they see as the destruction of their way of life — are your loved ones, I suppose it’s an entirely different story.
The end result is still the same: Fox News’s die-hard audience won’t be around much longer. But for those who have to live with them while they’re still here — who call them father, grandfather, uncle and so on — that’s not exactly a comforting thought.
Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/02/counterpoin...
Frank Rich, King of the Phaeries....

ROTFFLMAO.....

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1192353 Aug 26, 2014
TSM wrote:
You’ll have to be an Idiot to deny the Facts Fox is growing while Liberal Media is Withering on the Vine along with Liberal Talk Radio!!
Who could forget the Left Wing Talk radio station’ Air America’ like Air America another one Bits the Dust!!
Liberal talk radio station in Buffalo that had been syndicating left-wing talkers like Bill Press, Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, and Randi Rhodes went off the air and was replaced by ESPN sports talk radio!!
The reason they Tank No One wants to Listen or Watch Idiots make an A** out of themselves and call it News!!

You obviously haven't paid attention to the polls. Fox may be #1 in cable "news" but their numbers have been falling just like the rest of cable news.

"In total viewers, the network was down 20% in total day and 16% in primetime compared to Q2 2013. That’s not as precipitous as CNN’s fall over the same period, but it’s far worse than MSNBC’s...overall, in a cable news environment that is losing viewers year-to-year, MSNBC did the best of holding on to what it has."

And, one can hardly classify "The Five"; "Fox and Friends"; "Special Report with Bret Baier"; "On The Record with Greta"; "The O'Reilly Factor"; "The Kelly File" and "Hannity" as "news". They are personal opinion shows purely there for your entertainment.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/q2-2014-cable-news...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192355 Aug 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Rich, King of the Phaeries....
ROTFFLMAO.....
you've proved his point.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1192356 Aug 26, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>A judge is looking at evidence, which he considers legit: Holder and the O'bama administration paid rioters to loot and act like monkeys. I know for a fact Jesse Jackass took at least two buses of well er let's just say 'unemployed' in the real world sense...road trip to Ferguson. Rainbow Push coalition never attends a march or rally or looting without being paid. Every time you see blacks and JJ Jackass, they are being paid. Good thing they took those bangers to MO, because it cut down the shootings in Chicago over the weekend, only 37 blacks shot other blacks.
It will take generations to repair the damage this racist pig has done.

....and there are 2 more years of damage coming.....
Patrick

United States

#1192357 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Good Move...

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1192358 Aug 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
No Link Found for Deaths and Veterans’ Care Delays
“It is important to note that while O.I.G.’s case reviews in the report document substantial delays in care, and quality of care concerns, O.I.G. was unable to conclusively assert that the absence of timely quality care caused the deaths of these veterans.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/26/us/no-link-...
another FOX talking point down the drain.
And they've found Lois Lerner's emails......

sonic will believe anything that sounds like a Fairy Tail coming from a Liar.

Place a tooth beneath your pillow tonight and Magic Negro will leave a dollar bill for you:-)

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1192359 Aug 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
5 hours a week? 5 hours a day!!!! You do understand that it takes an average golfer 4-41/2 hours to play 18 holes?
This Super Azzhole thinks he can simply put the American Government's Executive Branch on Automatic Pilot while he golfs his way to Allah.

He's got balls but not in his job assignment.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1192360 Aug 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What a friggin clown you are, we have all seen a long list of all of your BS claims moron. I have never said that I have a book idiot, you can't even get that right. I said that after numerous requests I' in the process, I have a number of people in the business helping me for free. Old envy bitch. I did come here on a vacation from California and went back and decided I liked here better, I'm sorry you find that confusing, no normal person worries about someone else like you and retarded Edd does. At least he has an excuse. The women do love me I can also see why a a loser like you would be envious. Soo have fun crybaby. What would a real rich man like you be so miserable??? Lying scumbag is the only answer...Hypocrite.
OH, you " decided I liked here better"?

Baawwaaahhh!!!!

I was expecting you to try and out-black me like you did Saturday when I told you I hired an "American" who happens to be black and doubled his salary, then you had to throw in the token we are taking two black kids.

Your token vs. my really helping someone.

Who is Edd and why would you like Bumpass better than sunny California? More mooch opportunities there?

As far as lying goes, that would be your routine, Democrat. You don't have a dignified bone in your body, Obama voter.

Back to your original confusion, I said I was going to the beach on Saturday, not the whole weekend, moron.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1192361 Aug 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's going to be Scott vs Charlie one way or the other__I voted against Scott btw but did vote for a couple of (R's) Mica for one. This year I had to seek out the local candidate profiles to rule out any tea party fks or religious freaks__not an easy task in my area. And I voted for a half penny tax increase__probably the only (R) that did that.
I wonder if Carol voted. She likes to share everything__hmm maybe she's a felon or worse an Independent. Or maybe she couldn't afford to miss her topix $hift.
She's a republican

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1192362 Aug 26, 2014
Dix wrote:
Billionaire Warren Buffett is financing Burger King's Canadian deal 25% through Berkshire Hathaway....
Isn't Warren another one of the Magic Negro Boy's butt buddies?

Gee, what an unpatriotic thing to do!

Just like Jeffrey Immelt, another one of the Magic Negro's Over-The-Barrel Boys!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Devil rapes and murders 6 month baby 10 min Jason 9
Chicago convulsed by another violent weekend 13 min Harlem Jewel 28
Blk Wmn no longer have to settle for Crumbs and... 15 min Charmaine90 1
Yemen's crisis worsens 19 min selina london 128
If You all hate Jamaicans Clap Your Hands!!! (Sep '11) 23 min Marcos 3,459
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 26 min Ben YISRAEL 122,363
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 34 min PolakPotrafi 2,410
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr KiloEcho 34,407
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 6 hr African AE 30,780
More from around the web