Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275037 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1190022 Aug 22, 2014
Obama's JV Team ISIS:

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel issued a dire warning Thursday about the threat posed by the Islamic State terrorist group, saying the organization is "beyond anything that we've seen."

Obama is a clown.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1190023 Aug 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
. What has you party ever done to help any group or the working man or woman? You are always to busy promoting hatred, sexism and bigotry.
More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats

In the 1960s, Congress was divided on civil rights issues -- but not necessarily along party lines.

"Most people don't realize that today at all -- in proportional terms, a far higher percentage of Republicans voted for this bill than did Democrats, because of the way the Southerners were divided," said Purdum.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politics/civil-...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1190024 Aug 22, 2014
Priceless:
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are only a simply minded lying, hating moron. Congratulations
LMAO!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1190025 Aug 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> "promote the general welfare". Things like public safety, health, you know well being.
So what about feeding children that you hate?
The word is promote dumbass not provide!!!! But you don't understand the difference!!!!!!

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1190026 Aug 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone in a position to pass judgment and rectify the wrongdoings committed on the public as a district attorney for the same wrongdoings they themselves committed having been jailed for committing those wrongdoings should not be in that position.
It's common sense. Remember common sense?
So if Perry was using common sense,why didn't he demand those two republican DA's convicted of the same offense step down
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1190027 Aug 22, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Mr. Book Tour?
Did you write "they [Israel] have killed more Americans than have the Palestinians"?
Interesting a loon fringe whackjob like you would lie like that. Outside of maybe an accident or something, can you back up your BS/Lie?
Sure dumb ass, you want proof educate yourself Dumbo.

During the Six-Day War, Israeli aircraft and torpedo boats attack the USS Liberty in international waters off Egypt's Gaza Strip. The intelligence ship, well-marked as an American vessel and only lightly armed, was attacked first by Israeli aircraft that fired napalm and rockets at the ship. The Liberty attempted to radio for assistance, but the Israeli aircraft blocked the transmissions. Eventually, the ship was able to make contact with the U.S. carrier Saratoga, and 12 fighter jets and four tanker planes were dispatched to defend the Liberty. When word of their deployment reached Washington, however, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara ordered them recalled to the carrier, and they never reached the Liberty. The reason for the recall remains unclear.

Back in the Mediterranean, the initial air raid against the Liberty was over. Nine of the 294 crewmembers were dead and 60 were wounded. Suddenly, the ship was attacked by Israeli torpedo boats, which launched torpedoes and fired artillery at the ship. Under the command of its wounded captain, William L. McGonagle, the Liberty managed to avert four torpedoes, but one struck the ship at the waterline. Heavily damaged, the ship launched three lifeboats, but these were also attacked--a violation of international law. Failing to sink the Liberty, which displaced 10,000 tons, the Israelis finally desisted. In all, 34 Americans were killed and 171 were wounded in the two-hour attack. In the attack's aftermath, the Liberty managed to limp to a safe port.

Israel later apologized for the attack and offered $6.9 million in compensation, claiming that it had mistaken the Liberty for an Egyptian ship. However, Liberty survivors, and some former U.S. officials, believe that the attack was deliberate, staged to conceal Israel's pending seizure of Syria's Golan Heights, which occurred the next day. The ship's listening devices would likely have overheard Israeli military communications planning this controversial operation. Captain McGonagle was later awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroic command of the Liberty during and after the attack.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1190028 Aug 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Al Gore is not a scientist...
'...More than a dozen theories have now been proposed for the so-called global warming hiatus, ranging from air pollution to volcanoes to sunspots.'
http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/08/21/cau...
Al Gore isn't a scientist simply because he has an opinion about climate change and you're not a journalist simply because you cut and paste dumbass propaganda from your wealthy handlers.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1190029 Aug 22, 2014
We need to Focus on Holder’s DOJ… Dept. of Justice Honors Islamic Activist Allegedly Linked to Al Qaeda Charity again shows this President Doesn’t Get It!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1190030 Aug 22, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Obama's JV Team ISIS:
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel issued a dire warning Thursday about the threat posed by the Islamic State terrorist group, saying the organization is "beyond anything that we've seen."
Obama is a clown.
Thanks Bush-Cheney- Rumsfeld- Wolfowitz- and all of you war mongers on the right...For the total mess you created in that area. Saddam had it under control. You Sacrificed 4,500 of our military along with over 20,000 injured, not to mention the few hundred thousand innocent Iraqis you massacred.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1190031 Aug 22, 2014
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the pics of Obama on the golf course just a mere few minutes after his presser talking about the beheading of a American citizen by ISIS?
Happy happy happy....!!! Had a gaping grin stretched across his face you'd thought he just won the Masters. He is completely disengaged with the reality of his job.
You just posted that same nonsense on the birther thread__having a grand time today eh? Say hi to loose cannon.

LMAO

birthers are scumbags

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1190032 Aug 22, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
So if Perry was using common sense,why didn't he demand those two republican DA's convicted of the same offense step down
The State provides money to the integrity unit. Travis county DA heads this unit.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1190033 Aug 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure dumb ass, you want proof educate yourself Dumbo.
During the Six-Day War, Israeli aircraft and torpedo boats attack the USS Liberty in international waters off Egypt's Gaza Strip. The intelligence ship, well-marked as an American vessel and only lightly armed, was attacked first by Israeli aircraft that fired napalm and rockets at the ship. The Liberty attempted to radio for assistance, but the Israeli aircraft blocked the transmissions. Eventually, the ship was able to make contact with the U.S. carrier Saratoga, and 12 fighter jets and four tanker planes were dispatched to defend the Liberty. When word of their deployment reached Washington, however, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara ordered them recalled to the carrier, and they never reached the Liberty. The reason for the recall remains unclear.
Back in the Mediterranean, the initial air raid against the Liberty was over. Nine of the 294 crewmembers were dead and 60 were wounded. Suddenly, the ship was attacked by Israeli torpedo boats, which launched torpedoes and fired artillery at the ship. Under the command of its wounded captain, William L. McGonagle, the Liberty managed to avert four torpedoes, but one struck the ship at the waterline. Heavily damaged, the ship launched three lifeboats, but these were also attacked--a violation of international law. Failing to sink the Liberty, which displaced 10,000 tons, the Israelis finally desisted. In all, 34 Americans were killed and 171 were wounded in the two-hour attack. In the attack's aftermath, the Liberty managed to limp to a safe port.
Israel later apologized for the attack and offered $6.9 million in compensation, claiming that it had mistaken the Liberty for an Egyptian ship. However, Liberty survivors, and some former U.S. officials, believe that the attack was deliberate, staged to conceal Israel's pending seizure of Syria's Golan Heights, which occurred the next day. The ship's listening devices would likely have overheard Israeli military communications planning this controversial operation. Captain McGonagle was later awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroic command of the Liberty during and after the attack.
Read much, unhinged one? Let me type if for you again, fool:

"Outside of maybe an accident or something, can you back up your BS/Lie?"

"Outside of maybe an accident"

<shaking head>

God are you left whiners dumber than sh*t.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1190034 Aug 22, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats
In the 1960s, Congress was divided on civil rights issues -- but not necessarily along party lines.
"Most people don't realize that today at all -- in proportional terms, a far higher percentage of Republicans voted for this bill than did Democrats, because of the way the Southerners were divided," said Purdum.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politics/civil-...
Carol? Is that you?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1190035 Aug 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is promote dumbass not provide!!!! But you don't understand the difference!!!!!!

That's the word he used DUMB ass. Losing it early today I see.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1190036 Aug 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps rightwingers are more likely to spend 3 hours a day listening to hate talk radio because it appeals to those with a limited intellect. Who are these listeners? Liberals have better things to do with their time than proudly proclaim themselves a "dittohead"
Lily are these your Hero’s Sharpton/Jackson?
nevada 235

Scranton, PA

#1190037 Aug 22, 2014
Hi! Topix changed their format a little...I do not know if I will be able to post my comment.
The site is different! The biggest news, recently, is the beheading of that American journalist
in Syria/Iraq! The U.S.A. has to catch the executioner! Islam wants to behead ALL CHRISTIANS
if they DO NOT convert to Islam! I won`t convert and neither should you! The other world news
is in Ferguson, Missouri...The young man was a felon...He stole a box of cigars, but the
police officer should not have killed him! I think the police officer was inexperienced...the police
officer was only 28 years old! As I have said before: " everything will be o.k. when Jesus Christ
comes back to earth! You can find out what Jesus Christ is saying from Heaven on the
internet by putting these words into the top browser line of your computer and "click on"
ENTER....jesus christ sananda`s message for and today`s date and then click on enter....
Search the web sites of that address, because there are false messages on the internet!
Jesus Christ Sananda is not a dark angel; He is the ascended Jesus Christ writing on the
internet from Heaven! Think that is impossible? No, it is not impossible! ANNND I am not
from the dark angels or a space alien or a god elephant, who knows the internet! I am a 72 year
old man and if the world is going to end, in my lifetime; time is short! I will stop writing for
today...Look at the signs of the times...wars and rumors of wars, bad weather in diverse
places, etc...I will surf the net,now...Love, nevada 235

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1190038 Aug 22, 2014
"Scott Brown is back in the ballgame....In the WMUR/UNH survey released Thursday night, Shaheen led Brown by 46 percent to 44 percent, which is within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. This latest numbers show a dramatic swing in Brown’s direction from the previous WMUR/UNH poll, which was conducted a month-and-a-half earlier and showed Shaheen leading Brown by 12 points."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...

Jonathan Weisman NYT tweets--
If this poll is right, the bottom may be dropping out for Senate Democrats. This is a "whoa, if true"
https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/50...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1190039 Aug 22, 2014
A small handful" of Americans are believed to be fighting with ISIS in Iraq, U.S. officials tell NBC News.

U.S. intelligence, law enforcement and military officials have for months declined to discuss the possibility that Americans had joined the Islamic extremist group blamed for beheading 40-year-old New Hampshire journalist James Foley as well as atrocities against Iraqis. But they now acknowledge it is likely that one or more Americans – but no more than a “small handful”-- have joined the fray.

The officials, who spoke with NBC News on condition of anonymity on Wednesday, say they base that opinion on analysis and a string of recent arrests and investigations of U.S. citizens who have sought to join the group that is simultaneously fighting government forces in both Iraq and Syria.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iraq-turmoil...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1190040 Aug 22, 2014
The director of the FBI visited Colorado this week and detailed how the terror organization ISIS is recruiting Americans to take up their cause.

It’s not just the recruitment of Americans that’s concerning to the FBI, it’s the method of recruitment — the Internet.

FBI Director James Comey said how they are recruiting new members is getting the attention of the U.S. government.

“We have seen an emergence since I was last in government of the people we call home grown violent extremists,” said Comey on Wednesday.

The most recent case in Colorado is Shannon Conley from Arvada, also known as Halima Conley, who became radicalized via the Internet.

Conley has been charged with aiding the foreign terrorist organization Isis, or Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/08/21/fbi-dir...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#1190041 Aug 22, 2014
Golfer in Chief wrote:
A picture says a thousand words. Still true. Minutes after giving a speech about the horrific beheading of an American citizen. The POTUS is grinning like a fool on the golf course.
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/169897-isis-t...
He is a real POS.
I agree he is and those who oppose me call me that? They are idiots libs and commies all rolled into one just like the one you are speaking of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What power is left for Whiteys ? USA, UNO, Vati... 8 min miscel 27
WP, I am NOT A Black Racist... 8 min The Black Foreigner 1
I'm a Straight Up Dominican, Feel Me? 9 min Jax 2
Black People Need to Study The Art of War 10 min Big Knob 27
Healing The Black Race... 10 min PolakPotrafi 299
Afrikaners are not African, not up for DEBATE (Jan '13) 12 min Pearl 65
If white is better than black, why are they on ... 14 min Jax 11
Why do black women have a weird body shape? 14 min PATRIOT DVC MOLON... 222
Egyptians in Egypt 1 hr zyra prettywise 394
REPARATIONS: They Will Be Paid Sooner Or Later (Jan '15) 4 hr ohReally 1,043