Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384398 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1184003 Aug 11, 2014
THE GERBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did breathalyzers EXIST back then?
Probably not. There were no charges, no tickets.

The Welches did not attend Mike Douglas' funeral. Nor did Laura Welch reach out to the family. The accident irrevocably severed relations between the two families. Richard Pendleton remembers overhearing numerous phone calls between his father, who was president of a local bank, and Harold Welch, a successful homebuilder. "My sense was that the [Douglas] family was in the process of suing the Welches," recalled Pendleton. "I’m not sure if legal action was filed. Harold Welch had been talking a lot with my father about borrowing money. They did not bank at the bank that my father worked at, but I know they had been talking some about it, and that’s how my father was privy to this. The [Douglas] family was calling the Welches every night. This was horrible. I mean, it wasn’t going away. And even after they settled with them, and I don’t know what or how much,[Mike Douglas'] mother kept calling Jenna Welch in the middle of the night crying,'Your daughter killed my son.'"

Pendleton continued: "What I remember was my mother and father talking about [a settlement] and my father talking with Harold Welch about a settlement or the [Douglas] family suing. And they [the Welches] were concerned about this—very concerned and that it was a big deal and they weren’t sure what to do….I remember my father saying,‘My god, this is a pretty serious deal, and it’s going to be a pretty big financial blow to the Welches.'”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/05...
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1184004 Aug 11, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? She killed someone with her car; she was drunk. That is vehicular manslaughter and if it happened to day she'd likely go to jail; lose her license, pay fines, probation. What happened to her? Nothing. I realize it was an accident; and I'm not in favor of people going to prison for long terms because of an accident. It was a sign of the times
Who said she was drunk?

How was that determined without a breathalyzer test?
Patriot

Denver, CO

#1184005 Aug 11, 2014
Boston Bombing Hoax and the Fake Hero, Carlos Arredondo EXPOSED!

Ray Donovan

United States

#1184006 Aug 11, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? She killed someone with her car; she was drunk. That is vehicular manslaughter and if it happened to day she'd likely go to jail; lose her license, pay fines, probation. What happened to her? Nothing. I realize it was an accident; and I'm not in favor of people going to prison for long terms because of an accident. It was a sign of the times
Your proof she was under the influence of alcohol is...?

For those of you who want the FACTS: http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

Just because you're drunk 24/7 doesn't mean everyone else is.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1184008 Aug 11, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that it doesn't bother you when your president and his lackeys do it.
What lies are those?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1184009 Aug 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Next you'll claim Nixon won the Vietnam War.
Still posting silly remarks? Are you now trying to emulate the thread punk, Yeah?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1184010 Aug 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What lies are those?
It was a video!

You can keep your existing insurance, period!

Lie of the year!

DumbDave is smart (a whopper)!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1184011 Aug 11, 2014
ISIS is the JV Team!
Ray Donovan

United States

#1184012 Aug 11, 2014
Iraq...a '&#314;ong term' project.- B Hussein O

Defense Dept. rejoices!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184013 Aug 11, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that it doesn't bother you when your president and his lackeys do it.
Nah, nah, nah, nah, whiney bitch.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1184014 Aug 11, 2014
If we pass my stimulus, unemployment will stay below 8%!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1184015 Aug 11, 2014
First the Liberal Media now Clinton ... Faults Obama foreign policy!!

Seems Liberals/Democrats have moved Right, agrees with Republicans/Conservatives, Obama has no strategy Foreign or Domestic…Again We Told You So!!

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1184016 Aug 11, 2014
Gynger wrote:
"Certainly, in theory, one can be anti-Zionist but not anti-Semitic.
There are ultra-religious Jews who do not believe in Zionism for religious reasons. And there are some left-wing Jews who side against Israel.
There also are those who truly just want Israel to leave Judea and Samaria (the “West Bank”), although the Israeli departure almost a decade ago from Gaza calls such a strategy into question.
But the exceptions prove the rule. Intellectually one can distinguish anti-Zionism from anti-Semitism. But in the real world, on the streets of Paris, Berlin, London, Boston, Miami and elsewhere, they are one and the same.
It’s time we stopped pretending otherwise."
William A. Jacobson
Finally had a moment to check post I missed yesterday. This one stands out as it is a perfect example of zionist propaganda. Jacobson is a zionist who is trying to shame people into silence in their criticism of israel's atrocities. His attempt to separate intelligent thought from the "real world" is comical. It is the actions of israel's zionist government that leads to anti-semitism not the voices of those speaking out against their atrocities.

I was invited to be part of a discussion group yesterday on the crisis in Gaza. The consensus of the group was that Hamas fell into a trap set by israel. By calling for a day of mourning for the murdered college students, Nutandyahoo extracted what he wanted from the crisis...support for bombing the hell out of Gaza. By arresting 400 innocent people and preventing hundreds of Palestinians, who live in the West Bank and work in Israel, from crossing into israel he was deliberately poking a stick into the eye of the tiger. The israeli government wanted to provoke anger. It was their plan to push Hamas to the point where they would retaliate and give them the excuse they needed to dismantle Hamas. Anyone who doesn't see that is wearing blinders.
Ray Donovan

United States

#1184017 Aug 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What lies are those?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1184018 Aug 11, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
What an opportunity Obama had...what a mess he's made.
With due respect, Obama has done everything he set out to do. The controversy arises from everyone else not cooperating.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184019 Aug 11, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live in a glass house, idiot?
Obama's money bungler Jon Corzine was the CEO of MF Global where $1.5b of investor money went missing - you commies were silent about that.
A U.S. regulatory agency's lawsuit can proceed against former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine over the collapse of a brokerage firm in one of the nation's largest bankruptcies, a federal judge said (in early 2014).
Here is a crook if you ever saw one - former Democrat governor.
You are an idiot Doo-Pont; always have been and always will be!
George Soros...
Ray Donovan

United States

#1184020 Aug 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, nah, nah, nah, whiney bitch.
That was an intelligent reply from a proggy. Maybe you can answer the question -- why doesn't it bother you that your president and his lackeys lie repeatedly to the American people? Why is that OK?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1184021 Aug 11, 2014
FOX News is reporting on the WhiteHouse FAIL in foreign policy. They will not be invited to the Obama WhiteHouse ChristmasParty with HollywoodCelebrities.
TSM wrote:
Obama continues telling/showing us that he’s unqualified!!
President Barack Obama said the power of conservative opposition, including in the media, is blocking his agenda in an interview with New York Times columnist Tom Friedman late last week!!
This interview with Friedman is Laughable, Here’s Obama’s protection Racket the’ Liberal Media/Print Press their sole objective over the past 6 years was to suppress all Negative News that affects Obama seems after 6 years the Dam is starting to Crack!!
Ray Donovan

United States

#1184022 Aug 11, 2014
Bad intel?

That's why ISIS is flourishing?

Really?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1184023 Aug 11, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we need to abort more American fetuses and inject more undocumented workers into the economy' economy is on fire!

'The Census Bureau’s U.S. and World Population Clock lists “components of population change” on the website:“one birth every 7 seconds;”“one death every 13 seconds;”“one international migrant (net) every 40 seconds;” making for a “net gain of one person every 12 seconds.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/385073/c...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Black Males so Dumb? 9 min Thenumber1 19
What is a white crime expert? 14 min 2 Dogs 43
Now India a rising power in Africa 16 min you forget 7
Dear White People 16 min Sadbuttrue 75
God is watching what u type. 17 min bye bye 12
White Backlash: Whose Next (Jul '10) 19 min 2 Dogs 364
Sow made good, carcass dumped in ditch. 20 min Shine Patrol 5
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 21 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 134,530
How black people lost Egypt. ------------------... 1 hr Redefined 111
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr negash 45,019