Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383780 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1154147 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Oh, heck...here it is for you, Patrick.
CENTCOM commander Gen. David Petraeus, supported by Defence Secretary Robert Gates, tried to convince President Barack Obama that he had to back down from his campaign pledge to withdraw all U.S. combat troops from Iraq within 16 months at an Oval Office meeting Jan. 21.
But Obama informed Gates, Petraeus and Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen that he wasn't convinced and that he wanted Gates and the military leaders to come back quickly with a detailed 16-month plan, according to two sources who have talked with participants in the meeting.
Obama's decision to override Petraeus's recommendation has not ended the conflict between the president and senior military officers over troop withdrawal, however. There are indications that Petraeus and his allies in the military and the Pentagon, including Gen. Ray Odierno, now the top commander in Iraq, have already begun to try to pressure Obama to change his withdrawal policy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/02/gene...
So like I said, the generals on the ground on both sides wanted residual troops to remain in Iraq.
But we have a rogue president. And Iraq has fallen.
The Iraqi people didn't want us there and neither did the majority of the American people. You keep ignoring the fact that it was the Bush administration that set up this situation.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1154148 Jun 21, 2014
Sunni militant infighting kills 17 in Kirkuk Province.
JPL

United States

#1154149 Jun 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Hilliary did not laugh through the trial.
This is just another example of dumbass right whiners trying to make up another fake controversy.
You must be the liar or ignorant of what you speak. The taped interview has Hillary in her own voice telling the story of this case and she laughs throughout the interview. It's shocking and it's creepy. I worked just outside of the U of A and I never knew this tape existed all these years.

Those of us who knew the Clinton's personally didn't know this tape existed until the "Beacon" uncovered the case.
JPL

United States

#1154150 Jun 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many are killed in this country by Christians?
Unbelievable.. Why not blame the perpetrator instead of deflection?
Bud

United States

#1154151 Jun 21, 2014
At least some are fighting this tyrannical government:

Rep. Robert Hurt, whose district includes Lawrenceville and pressed the Obama administration to listen to residents’ concerns, said that he was “thankful that HHS has made the right decision.”

“However, it must be said that the manner in which HHS attempted to impose its plan on our community without any meaningful input is a painful reminder of just how disconnected Washington has become from the people it is supposed to represent — a Washington that always seems to be wiser and know better than its local elected leaders and its citizens,” said Mr. Hurt, a Republican.

He added:“It is impossible to ignore the tremendous frustration expressed last night by the overwhelming majority of decent and law-abiding citizens about the current state of U.S. immigration policy. What we are seeing on our southern U.S. border is an undeniable crisis, and it is a crisis that has been perpetrated and perpetuated by the federal government. This administration’s reckless refusal to secure our borders and enforce the laws of the United States virtually begs the poor and the desperate from foreign countries to cross our borders illegally. I share the frustration of my constituents and hope that this crisis will be a catalyst for a renewed effort at achieving an immigration policy that is rooted in the rule of law.”

Scrapping the plan to house about 500 older youths at the college was a major setback for the administration, which is scrambling to find a community that will accept the children. Lawrenceville was the second community to reject the children this month.

Plans to house some of the children at an empty office complex in Baltimore were dropped after the city’s Democratic mayor and Maryland’s two Democratic senators objected as soon as the details were announced.

The Lawrenceville project got off to a bad start last week when town and county officials learned of it only after administration officials signed a lease with St. Paul’s College, a historic black university that closed last year after losing its accreditation.

The children were supposed to have arrived Thursday. Instead, HHS officials struggled to persuade a crowd of angry residents that the bringing the children to Lawrenceville would create jobs, boost the economy and provide a desperately needed humanitarian service.

Story Continues &#8594;

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
paddyomalley

Spicewood, TX

#1154153 Jun 21, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Checked it out, dumbass...
YOUR source...since 1995!
It's too bad Internet users aren't required to get at least 100 on an IQ test before beable to go online.

You stupid mofo, the link clearly states "With the introduction of DNA testing in the late 1970s and 1980s, scientists saw the powerful tool this process was for identification and determination of biological relationships. Thanks to the advent of DNA testing, we can now determine the identity of individuals and their relatives with exceptional accuracy and conclusiveness".

You're either a certified moron and can't read, or you're a liar. What is it, moronboy. See what happens to you for humping mommy?
paddyomalley

Spicewood, TX

#1154154 Jun 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
This is just another example of dumbass right whiners trying to make up another fake controversy.
Don't think he said that. She laughed through an interview TEN YEARS later when she was 37-years old. She is a real champion of women. She is a sleezy, two-bit attorney who used to sell BJs when visiting prisoners in prison. Is that where you met her. OH, since you know the story and lied anyway, you're a two bit liar.
paddyomalley

Spicewood, TX

#1154155 Jun 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many are killed in this country by Christians?
Hey stupid. Don't they tell you anything on MSNBC. Don't you read all about it on Mother F-ing Jones, or the Puffington Post? If one Christian killed one Muslim vermin, it would be in the leftist media 24/7 for 3-months. Real Dave, I'll be looking hard for you when the left decides to come out and play. Where will you be hiding, pally?
Dont bother

Miami, FL

#1154156 Jun 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, tell Hillary that --you moron. And yes Hillary is an ignorant hillbilly.
Who but such a person would laugh her way through child rape case discussion.
Hey clueless, check this out
http://www.dnacenter.com/science-technology/d...
Ker plunk! Better start cooking up some more spaghetti, this batch is full of starch.
paddyomalley

Spicewood, TX

#1154157 Jun 21, 2014
Dont bother wrote:
<quoted text>
Ker plunk! Better start cooking up some more spaghetti, this batch is full of starch.
Is that supposed to mean something intelligent? Maybe witty? It fails to make any sense, which makes you senseless.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1154158 Jun 21, 2014
JPL wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be the liar or ignorant of what you speak. The taped interview has Hillary in her own voice telling the story of this case and she laughs throughout the interview. It's shocking and it's creepy. I worked just outside of the U of A and I never knew this tape existed all these years.
Those of us who knew the Clinton's personally didn't know this tape existed until the "Beacon" uncovered the case.
This Hillary laughing over 40 years ago phony scandal shows how frightened Republicans are of her. They realize that in 2016 Republicans can't run on their accomplishments or even their proposals, they have neither.
All Republicans have is their hope that enough dupes like you actually think dumb shit like this is important.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154159 Jun 21, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to mean something intelligent? Maybe witty? It fails to make any sense, which makes you senseless.
Is there any intelligent life in Texas? You seem to be in dire need of anger management. Typical Bagger. Go count your guns Bubba.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1154160 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush brought us back - and the rest of the world - from the brink of an economic fallout after 9/11.
He disbanded, killed and captured many of the top thugs responsible for 9/11 and killed or captured many more of them under their command.
He began the hunt for bin Laden in 2003 when Obama was still a corrupt Illinois Senator voting to deny botched abortion babies medical attention.
If you want to criticize Bush for something to make yourself feel better, he misjudged the resurgent reaction in Iraq or that al Qaeda would claim it the frontlines. However, there are no crystal balls in the Oval Office. Just ask Obama. He just flies by the seat of his pants.
And Democrats controlled Congress AND the purse strings two years prior to the economic collapse. FYI....not that you care about these little details.
HEY STUPID! Who ignored warnings of an imminent attack on American soil and let it happen because he was just too lazy to leave his faux ranch and at least try to prevent the attack on 9/11?
Bush's attempts to capture Bin Laden were half hearted at best. Let's face it he was much more valuable to the Bush administration as a bogeyman to be trotted out when the public needed to be distracted.
No you damned liar, Obama didn't vote to deny babies who were born alive medical care, there were already laws on the books requiring that. That bill, which Obama did vote against, would have required doctors to resuscitate an aborted fetus if legislators felt it had any chance of viability. In interviews with a range of media outlets, Obama expressed that he feared the bill would undermine Roe v Wade by defining any fetus as a human with human rights and claimed it could be used to take down any abortion rights legislation that anti-choice activists didn’t like.
Obama was, however,“fully in support” of a federal bill that provided the same protection viable fetuses while also including protections for Roe v Wade.
Anyone with half a brain could have predicted what eventually happened in Iraq stupid! The majority of Iraqis are Shiites just like Iran. Iran knew this and played Bush like a fiddle and he went right along giving the Iranians the upper hand in the region. Any settlement of the current crisis in Iraq is going to mean involving the Iranians.
The Democrats took control of Congress the same year that the recession hit Carol, not two years prior. You're either abysmally ignorant or an incredibly incompetent liar. It was the GOP who were in charge when the housing bubble expanded out of control and it was they who refused any regulation or oversight over the mortgage backed securities and debt default swap markets.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1154161 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is your weakness. No one can change that but you.
Utter stupidity is your weakness but that boat left the dock a long time ago and sank.
You're exhibiting the typical right wing tactic; when you can't contradict actual facts just stupidly dismiss them.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154162 Jun 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
This Hillary laughing over 40 years ago phony scandal shows how frightened Republicans are of her. They realize that in 2016 Republicans can't run on their accomplishments or even their proposals, they have neither.
All Republicans have is their hope that enough dupes like you actually think dumb shit like this is important.
Mornin' Bumpass Bumpkin. I see as expected, you and all your socks went promptly to bed at old man's time at 9PM last evening. Back for another day of venting your hate & frustration for being a failure in life? Don't worry, Obama will save you!

Baawwaaahhhh!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1154163 Jun 21, 2014
As expected, me and all my socks went promptly to bed at old man's time at 9PM last evening. I'm back for another day of judging posts and venting my hate & frustration for being a failure in life. Don't worry, my sockpuppets will save me!

Judgit meltdown coming up!!!!!!!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1154164 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But when someone goes out of their way to prove you wrong and you insist on not educating yourself and refuse to acknowledge what has been proven and deliberately ignore it, stupidity becomes another symptom of your liberal weakness.
Because there's nothing Obama could do that would be bad enough in your eyes to shake this bizarre starry-eyed love affair that you have with him.
So that would make you stupid and weak - and somewhat dangerous. Blind loyalty on the part of anyone who can see no wrong in the most devious of power hungry and rogue leaders never has a good ending.
Look who's talking dimwit! You constantly defend Bush who was too damned lazy or simply unwilling to do anything after he was warned of an imminent attack on US soil. Who lied to Congress about Iraq's WMD to justify a disastrous military adventure and ultimately destabilized the entire region and put Iran in the catbirds seat.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154165 Jun 21, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter stupidity is your weakness but that boat left the dock a long time ago and sank.
You're exhibiting the typical right wing tactic; when you can't contradict actual facts just stupidly dismiss them.
Hey STUPID! is a college acceptance rate of 62% a school for stupid people who can't get in to a competitive school?

You are an idiot and loser Paul, and always will be.

Baawwaahhhh!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154166 Jun 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Liar.

Yes she did, Lap Dog commie.

You simply cannot comprehend what you read, dolt.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154167 Jun 21, 2014
Have a nice day good people who can think for themselves, work hard and are successful.

The rest of you who are Obama voters and the nasty old Democrats, go outside today and do something productive, you lazy moron liberals commies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I do not like black men 3 min Jax 33
Turns out Spartans were BLACK!!! (Jun '13) 12 min RMGHispanic Causi... 80
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 18 min You knew 134,446
News SC biker bar taking heat for t-shirts called 'r... 18 min RMGHispanic Causi... 18
Blacks, as a whole, have a severe inferiority c... (May '08) 22 min KIP 71
Susan Rice: Too many whites in government 24 min rebel soldier 3
Hookers say "Sorry no black men" I think that's... (Oct '09) 26 min luvher 472
Jewish people appreciation thread. ------------... 28 min Skiff Azlaan 10
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 50 min Moses 44,956
How black people lost Egypt. ------------------... 1 hr Moses 53
More from around the web