Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419330 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1153151 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should try and move out of the Ghetto, get off of Snaps and stop selling crack.
What the hell are snaps and now you are saying the illegals are selling crack. Yes yes, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin has always been considered a Ghetto. of course, why didn't I think of that. In case you didn't notice, your precious illegal criminals aka messicans are in every area. I remember a few years ago when the USA was playing Messico--the future democrats were cheering against the USA, seems fitting doesn't it?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153152 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure nothing beats watching cars driving around in circles all day.
One kinda gets the impression that Flack does the very same thing.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153153 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The only wind that shifts in your psychotic life is when it changes ears. And we have already proven that you are clueless when it comes to Veterans, like most baggers are.
That Obama sticker on your Round-a-About ghost might as well say "Yes, I am stupid." Yet... Stupid isn't what democRATs do nitwit. It's who you are... Yes ghost, democRATs are that stupid you dumbass...

It's Obama bin Lyin' and democRATs defending, standing with al Qaeda and the Taliban, selling out America and Veterans, you traitor since the political winds have shifted in an ugly direction you ignorant dumbass......

It's the culture..

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1153154 Jun 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid argument? It could be. Can you guarantee that it won't once the national government is charged inclusively with public health? No one can predict the future. You said congress can do what it wants.
We are more diverse and complex than Canada. Canada's population is about the same as California. If California had the ability to eliminate Medicare and Medicaid and initiate a single payer system for everyone for itself, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
The European Union has a parliament in Brussels, yet all the nations in the union have their own healthcare plans.
No one can predict the future.

Single Payer is not like the VA. Just admit you were wrong & quit flailing about the how it might change ion the future.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1153155 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Asked Wednesday if he had any response to criticism by Vice President Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz that no president had done worse in office than Barack Obama, White House press secretary Jay Carney delivered the perfect reply.
"Which president was he talking about?" he deadpanned at his final White House briefing.
"It's always good to hear from former Vice President Dick Cheney," he added
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/18/jay-...
It looks like we may have been wrong about Cheney being Bush's brain. Bush is smart enough to keep his mouth shut and is pretty much hiding from the press while his colossal Iraq blunder plays out. Idiot Cheney, on the other hand, is still beating his chest about his part in creating this Middle East disaster.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1153156 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure nothing beats watching cars driving around in circles all day.
They are ovals. There is a lot more to it than that but I wouldn't expect you to understand. 210 mph going down into turn two last week with another car a foot away beside you is exciting. Bet you didn't know a cloud going over the sun could speed a car up 3-5 mph. Road course this week. Watching a bunch of men running up and down a grass field all day to 'maybe' score a point is boring. I like rugby much better.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153157 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet your mama spent her whole life telling you that and it looks as though you didn't disappoint..
Ghost Post #1152499:- Die already you friggin idiot...God told me to tell you that.

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153158 Jun 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Your original post (in florida only women with children)was not accurate.
www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/162...
Scott should stop playing politics__this is a big state with far too many uninsured.
Point taken; I stand corrected.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153159 Jun 19, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like we may have been wrong about Cheney being Bush's brain. Bush is smart enough to keep his mouth shut and is pretty much hiding from the press while his colossal Iraq blunder plays out. Idiot Cheney, on the other hand, is still beating his chest about his part in creating this Middle East disaster.
OMG and that stupid cowboy hat and his daughter beside him! Uggghhh. When will they go the fk away?
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1153160 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I once made an inquiry for a friend who retired at 62, thinking he could qualify for Medicaid because he lives on social security and he was denied.
The income levels for qualifying are really low, plus he owned a home and two cars.
Another friend who had a terrible biking accident and couldn't walk for 6 months, or work, had been self employed, same thing. He tried to apply for disability, it's not an easy task as many claim on here. He gave up and survived by the help of friends till he got on his feet and went back to work.
The Medicaid expansion would allow those who fall between the gaps to buy insurance that would otherwise cost them $700 plus a month. Let's see if Rick Scott does something about it or gets voted out and Charlie Crist does.
My state had basic and essential plans tailored for your friend. Early retirees used it as a bridge to Medicaid. Obamacare eliminated them. We were already at 200% of poverty level with Medicaid.

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/08/...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153161 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Films are intriguing and but politics seems to much like work for Patrick...

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153162 Jun 19, 2014
Thanks Bush-Cheney for the mess you created world wide. After eight years of the very worst "leadership" and I use that term loosely, we are now seeing the results of bagger leadership.

We should have know as history shows that every time we have had a depression or a serious recession it has been after eight years of a Republican presidency. I do believe that will be the last time we will see two morons like that as hopefully we have learned our lesson. Each day there are becoming fewer and fewer sheep on the right. All we have to remember is that "RIGHT is WRONG".
Level 1

Hackettstown, NJ

#1153163 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can predict the future.
Single Payer is not like the VA. Just admit you were wrong & quit flailing about the how it might change ion the future.
Exactly. One cannot predict the future. I never said the VA is the same as single payer. I said single payer is something that could lead to VA style healthcare. You can't guarantee that it won't long after we're gone.
Level 1

Hackettstown, NJ

#1153164 Jun 19, 2014
bridge to Medicaid should read bridge to Medicare.

Level 1

Prevented this

#1153165 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So was your old lady, Moose breath.
My old lady??? I am not a homosexual like you GeeGee. Case closed, the science is settled on you.

Level 1

Prevented this

#1153167 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton was bombing Iraq almost every day-why isn't Clinton saying anything? cause he doesn't know what he was doing? maybe it was just a video-yep Clinton's entire presidency was just a video.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1153168 Jun 19, 2014
Apparently:
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she enquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1153169 Jun 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They are ovals. There is a lot more to it than that but I wouldn't expect you to understand. 210 mph going down into turn two last week with another car a foot away beside you is exciting. Bet you didn't know a cloud going over the sun could speed a car up 3-5 mph. Road course this week. Watching a bunch of men running up and down a grass field all day to 'maybe' score a point is boring. I like rugby much better.
Do ya think there is more to soccer than you know?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153170 Jun 19, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ghost Post #1152499:- Die already you friggin idiot...God told me to tell you that.
It's the culture...
Well the next time you talk to God tell him Ghost said for both of you to kiss his azz.
Culture girl.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153171 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
OMG and that stupid cowboy hat and his daughter beside him! Uggghhh. When will they go the fk away?
I know and it's hard to believe that there are enough idiots to elect another moron like that..He always has a snarl on his ugly face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof to support the claim that the true Hebrew... (May '13) 14 min TeaSipper 273
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 58 min Curious Me 47,865
The White Devil is Brilliant 1 hr Drilling for the ... 9
Why do black people like to gang up on people (May '13) 1 hr Randy7 68
How can you tell a white guy likes you? (Jun '07) 1 hr Drilling for the ... 50
Time to end race mixing now! White and Black s... (Feb '12) 1 hr LION 508
Why do blacks claim North Africans as black? 1 hr Who 81
BM arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mi... 2 hr LION 19
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 2 hr LION 520
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 2 hr MICHA 43
More from around the web