Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522297 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126842 Apr 27, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, those awful Christians and their murdering suicide bombers...
Speaking of hypocrisy, weren't you praising the new Pope a few months ago? Why, yes you were.
-Side Bar-

German Christians, much to their credit, were prepared to be human bombs,
in attempts to assassinate Hitler. In the attempts they were not able to get close enough to kill Hitler. Thus none were carried out. BBC Magazine past issues documented this.
-
P e a c e

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126843 Apr 27, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean how are you gonna know until it's too late? But, frankly, Moral Mike, if you don't know that her vagina is a primary organ in her alimentary system then you simply haven't bought dinner for enough of them...
no, the vagina is not part of the alimentary system. did you not ever get past seventh grade health class?

it is fun to watch you point out exactly how ignorant you are of your own body and the bodies of your fellow humans...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126844 Apr 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let's to to a source it also references. BTW, where's your source?
http://www.livescience.com/22151-fracking-ear...
"Fracking Earthquakes: Injection Practice Linked to Scores of Tremors
Charles Choi, LiveScience Contributor | August 06, 2012 06:43pm ET
Drilling rig in the Bakken.
A drilling rig in the Bakken Formation of North Dakota near the town of Stanley. "Fracking" or hydraulic fracturing is used in this area to tap oil reserves.
Earthquakes triggered by fluids injected deep underground, such as during the controversial practice of fracking, may be more common than previously thought, a new study suggests.
Fluid injections into Earth are not uncommon. For instance, in hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, water, sand and other materials are injected under high pressure into a well to fracture rock, opening fissures that help natural gas flow out more freely. Fluid-injection operations are also used to help get power from geothermal energy, and to dispose of waste.
However, researchers have long known that fluid-injection operations can trigger earthquakes. For instance, in 2006 one geothermal energy site triggered four earthquakes in Basel, Switzerland, ranging from 3.1 to 3.4 on the Richter scale. Fracking also appears linked with Oklahoma's strongest recorded quake in 2011, as well as a spate of more than 180 minor tremors in Texas between Oct. 30, 2008, and May 31, 2009.
It remains unclear why some injection wells set off earthquakes whereas others do not. To find out, seismologist Cliff Frohlich at the University of Texas at Austin analyzed seismic activity in the Barnett Shale of northern Texas between November 2009 and September 2011 and compared the properties of injection wells located near quake epicenters. He relied on mobile seismometers deployed as part of the EarthScope USArray program over an approximately 23,000-square-mile (60,000 square kilometer) area.
Frohlich identified the epicenters for 67 earthquakes — more than eight times as many as reported by the National Earthquake Information Center — with magnitudes of 3.0 or less. Most were located within a few miles of one or more injection wells, suggesting injection-triggered quakes might be more common than thought.
"We found a lot of events that weren't getting reported," Frohlich told LiveScience.
A third of the quakes clustered into eight geographic regions. All of the wells nearest the epicenters within these areas reported high rates of injection exceeding 150,000 barrels (17.6 million liters) of water per month.
Still, Frohlich noted the Barnett Shale hosts more than 100 wells with similar injection rates that experienced no nearby earthquakes during the time he studied them. He suggests that fluid injection may trigger earthquakes only if fluids reach and relieve friction on a nearby fault.
Frohlich said he would like to investigate fluid-injection operations in other areas, such as the Eagle Ford Shale in Texas, the Bakken Shale in North Dakota, or the Marcellus Shale on the U.S. East Coast, "and see if we see the same type of thing or not, and if there's a cutoff in terms of what volume of fluid injection might cause quakes."...."
this study attempts to link earthquakes to wastewater disposal by injection wells, which is not part of the fracking process itself....

there are other methods for treatment and disposal of fracking wastewater....

learn to read or get an education...
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126845 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to say it, but you're too shortsighted to make any sense. Common sense might help though.
- t r a n s la t i o n -

Carol is Retired
and on Medicare
and Social Security ?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1126846 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sterling has a history of squeezing a profit out of terrible teams by not paying big salaries....until the present team......
Donald Sterling’s wife of more than 50 years describes his alleged mistress as a gold digger who seduces older, wealthy men and persuades them to shower her with gifts, according to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on March 7.
The Clippers team owner and a woman identified as V. Stiviano allegedly began an affair after meeting at the 2010 Super Bowl game and were still in the relationship as of the filing date, according to the lawsuit filed by Rochelle H. Sterling, who is described in the suit as "a married woman seeking to protect and recover community property in her individual capacity."
Rochelle Sterling alleges that her husband used community property to buy Stiviano a 2012 Ferrari, two Bentleys and a 2013 Range Rover, worth a total of more than $500,0000.
Sterling also allegedly gave Stiviano $1.8 million to buy a duplex on West 4th Street near the Beverly Center last December, according to the suit, which claims that Sterling additionally provided her with $240,000 for upkeep and living expenses.
The property was supposed to be held in the Sterlings’ name, Rochelle Sterling contends, but Stiviano has title and has refused to relinquish it. Arguing that the gifts were all allegedly made without Rochelle Sterling’s knowledge or consent, the complaint seeks their return along with compensatory damages.
The suit, which includes as defendants unnamed agents and employees of Stiviano, alleges that before the complaint was filed, Donald Sterling asked her to return the property. The complaint also says that Stiviano goes by several other names, including Vanessa Maria Perez, Monica Gallegos and Maria Valdez.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-s...
History eh? He bought the San Diego Clippers for around $13 million in 1981 and today the franchise is worth +/-$575 million. He's the most tenured owner in the NBA. He also once owned a hockey team.

He's got loose lips__loose lips sink ships.

Meanwhile his team has to face additional pressure during a playoff run.

St. Croix valley

#1126847 Apr 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the nitwits never talk about those nice Christian Germans who slaughtered more millions of innocents than any other group in recorded history.
or the nice christian russians...

St. Croix valley

#1126848 Apr 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lubricate the faults"
You really need to stick to driving trucks. Or spreading mulch. Because you're clueless about the geology involved with these injection well quakes. There are far more than are reported by drillers, and regulators are on the take in most places, esp. PA.
Your ignorance concerning the dangers posed by hydraulic fracking puts you with the likes of Nobraina. That is to say, maximum stupidity.
ummm...the ones that report the quakes are the USGS and have nothing to do with fracking..

seems you just pointed out you don't really know what you are talking about here..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126849 Apr 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all this is NOT a Christian country. I do not want nativity scenes on public property, I do not want the ten commandments in schools or public buildings, I do not want Christian dogma taught in public schools, I do not want Christian dogma regarding birth control or any other health issue including abortion being enacted in any policy that affects me, I do not think Christian dogma regarding who should be allowed to marry has any place in public policy, basically I do not want Christian ANYTHING ANYWHERE that impacts me. All man made formal religions are dangerous mind control tools.
but yet, you want your morality taught in schools without any rebuttal.....

would you object to a non-religious discussion in public schools about alternative viewpoints on homosexual marriage????......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126850 Apr 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all this is NOT a Christian country. I do not want nativity scenes on public property, I do not want the ten commandments in schools or public buildings, I do not want Christian dogma taught in public schools, I do not want Christian dogma regarding birth control or any other health issue including abortion being enacted in any policy that affects me, I do not think Christian dogma regarding who should be allowed to marry has any place in public policy, basically I do not want Christian ANYTHING ANYWHERE that impacts me. All man made formal religions are dangerous mind control tools.
by the way, the US is in fact a predominantly "Christian country", even if the government is secular.....

all the court decisions and media bias in the world can't change that....
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126851 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on the crime.....
many businesses would be reluctant to hire anyone convicted of a violent crime......
nor would they hire someone convicted of fraud to handle money.....
Yes
Person serving ten years for drug possession
as the only crime might be let out of prison.

I do Not believe the legalizing and Advertising of Pot
is a good idea and on this think we may agree.

Decriminalization of possession for personal use may be another issue.

St. Croix valley

#1126852 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet. The employer mandate was delayed until...wait for it...after the elections. Remember?
Plenty of other people who did sign up are paying higher deductibles and premiums though.
Not sure how those who couldn't afford it are doing health-wise these days.
Probably free clinic waiting rooms are already filling up.
higher deductibles and premiums than what? they wouldn't be using the exchanges if they had insurance before...

once again you show you don't even understand a program you are attempting to sya doesn't work...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126853 Apr 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>

In February 2009, Sterling was sued by former longtime Clippers executive Elgin Baylor for discrimination on the basis of age and race, during which Baylor alleged that Sterling wanted a team composed of "poor black boys from the South … playing for a white coach,”
Doc Rivers is the coach of the Clippers.....

meanwhile, your beloved Heat have a white coach bossing around black men....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1126854 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in many ObamaKKKare policies, the entire bill is deductible and there is effectively no insurance coverage.....
so it is natural and expected for doctors and hospitals to be cautious about newly "insured" patients with marginal credit histories.....particularly when the treatment is non-emergency.....
most physicians request the deductible when the patient checks in for the office visit....cash, check, or credit card accepted.....
This is absolutely true. So why aren't the liberal bleeding hearts even the least bit concerned about people who have to come up with thousands of dollars up front which they might not have lying around? Especially when they're not working the hours they once were and are making less money? As a direct result of ObamaCare?

Can they not see past their hypocrisy - that the poor have always had access to medical care but now the struggling middle class have become the victims? And that just as many people who were once insured are now uninsured and the number of uninsured hasn't changed - just the demographics?

It truly is mindboggling. The level of denial.

St. Croix valley

#1126855 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way, the US is in fact a predominantly "Christian country", even if the government is secular.....
and that means nothing regard to our laws and system of governance.

St. Croix valley

#1126856 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet, you want your morality taught in schools without any rebuttal.....
would you object to a non-religious discussion in public schools about alternative viewpoints on homosexual marriage????......
is there one of those that actually makes any sense? i haven't seen it yet.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1126857 Apr 27, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we only counting the past 100 years?
You mean like your side claims Fast and Furious and Benghazi are ancient history?

Heck, some of you hypocrites still bring up the Spanish Inquisition or even the Crusades.

Let's stick with the tried and true:¨What difference at this point does it make?¨ response. Knock yourself out...please.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1126858 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on the crime.....
many businesses would be reluctant to hire anyone convicted of a violent crime......
nor would they hire someone convicted of fraud to handle money.....
"Many" businesses are forbidden by their insurers to hire criminals and in certain cases even those who have been charged with a crime but achieved some plea deal. In my state all the info is easily available.

One particularly terrific ______ became unemployable due to a felony conviction and his employer formed a separate company which hired the guy as a consultant to avoid the background check. The internet changed everything Galt.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126859 Apr 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>History eh? He bought the San Diego Clippers for around $13 million in 1981 and today the franchise is worth +/-$575 million. He's the most tenured owner in the NBA. He also once owned a hockey team.
He's got loose lips__loose lips sink ships.
Meanwhile his team has to face additional pressure during a playoff run.
Freedom of speech includes things we do not want to hear.

The issue of the Ukraine is of much more importance and not getting the media coverage?

....just saying
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1126860 Apr 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Obama say?

"More than 2,000 years ago, a child was born to two faithful travelers who could find rest only in a stable, among the cattle and the sheep. But this was not just any child. Christ's birth made the angels rejoice and attracted shepherds and kings from afar. He was a manifestation of God's love for us...¨

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/obam...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126861 Apr 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Carol's post was bullsht__and Orlando Health is but one regional hospital group.
The Orlando region's economy is doing very nicely save for the homeless situation. Most have criminal records and come to Florida from elsewhere__because it's warmer and closer to the drugs.
Seems as though a new hospital opened in your town recently and also that the health care industry is lively__is Abbott still laying off?.
Abbott has modern buildings that are empty and has demolished some older buildings on their property......

http://blog.pe.com/business/2013/08/09/temecu...

the new hospital is small and not a big economic factor.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop acting effeminate Maceo 2 min SlayWithTheTruth 8
Established nutjob Maxine Waters Claims Rep. Ch... 3 min ugly monkeys 1
This young black man got disrespected, but got... 3 min SlayWithTheTruth 16
Racists are not born, they're created 4 min KIP 46
BLACK MALES ARE THE MOST DELUSIONAL PEOPLE ON T... 4 min IT IS I 50
I LOVE choco-bunnies 6 min Ttt 10
An inspirational poem that I wrote for my black... 8 min SlayWithTheTruth 4
Good afternoon, Humans and you black bttches! 55 min lmao 12
IRBW And Their Fantasies. 1 hr IT IS I 664
Jesse Williams dating a white women 1 hr SadButTrue 25