Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497516 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1103359 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Hobby Lobby case fuels bigotry
Christ sought to protect and comfort the weak, not control them.
We know that most American women, regardless of what religion they are, use contraception at some point in their lives. As a pastor, I have seen firsthand what a gift it is to be able to control when and whether one has a child. It offers women some measure of control over their lives.
Sometimes, even for a bishop, it's embarrassing to be a Christian. Not that I'm embarrassed by Jesus, whose life was spent caring and advocating for the marginalized, and whom I believe to be the perfect revelation of God. I'm just sometimes embarrassed to be associated with others who claim to follow him.
The Jesus I follow always stood with the poor and powerless — and trust me, this struggle is about about power. Whether the issue touches women or gays and lesbians, our religion should be about more love, not less; more dignity, not less.
The Supreme Court's rulings on gay rights, with Justice Anthony Kennedy's leadership, have been on this path for more than a decade. The court has made great strides in recognizing the worth and dignity of women and LGBT Americans. A decision in favor of Hobby Lobby would change that direction. It would not be a victory for religious freedom, but a victory for discrimination and a repudiation of the vital progress the court has made in securing equal justice for all.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/03...
You libtards do realize that Hobby Lobby is not against birth control only that they shouldn't have to pay for it against there religious leanings. I think they shouldn't be forced to go against their religion. While trying to keep religion away from government you are instilling government as your religion. Something the founders were righteously worried about.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103360 Mar 25, 2014
...and to think I used to make jokes about coat hangers...

"The Coat Hanger as a Symbol, and Why Abortion Access Matters"

http://dcabortionfund.org/donate/

Level 1

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1103361 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
Why do total tax revenues go down when income tax rates go up (and vice versa)?
By: Joe Messerli
"It should be known that at the beginning of a dynasty, taxation yields a large revenue from small assessments. At the end of the dynasty, taxation yields a small revenue from large assessments" --Ibn Khaldûn
The S&P downgrade of the U.S. credit rating, a result of a near $15 trillion debt that is growing by almost $1.3 trillion per year with no end in sight, has brought national attention to a growing crisis that threatens to destroy not only the U.S. economy, but the world economy also. Most people would agree that out-of-control government spending is the main cause, as evidenced by the fact that spending has doubled in the last decade, while tax revenues have stayed relatively constant . However, most people would agree that total tax revenues will likely have to increase along with a drastic cut in spending in order to bring the budget back in balance. The specifics of growing that revenue is hotly under debate, however.
Many politicians and media pundits are calling for increasing tax rates, primarily on upper income individuals and businesses. But does this really increase total revenues? Total tax revenues have actually increased under the tax cuts of Reagan, Kennedy, and Bush. Annual revenues nearly doubled under Reagan's presidency, despite the fact the top tax rates were drastically cut ! Nowadays, the government is finding every way under the sun to tax us, but total revenues aren't increasing. But why?!!! It can by boiled down to one simple equation:
TOTAL TAX REVENUE = TAXABLE INCOME * TAX RATE
For example, if taxable income was $10 trillion, and average tax rate was 20%, the total tax revenue would be $2 trillion. Simple, right? So why wouldn't total revenue increase to $3 trillion if you raised the average rate to 30%?! It's because this assumes the other number, taxable income, stays constant. But the fact is, it doesn't ! Businesses and individuals change their behavior in response to changes in the tax rate structure. This partially explains why tax revenue actually increased under Kennedy, Reagan, and Bush (at least until the 2007 financial crisis), despite the fact they cut rates. Let's examine why that first factor, taxable income, goes down in response to an increase in the tax rate.
"Annual revenues nearly doubled under Reagan's presidency".

So did the debt as a % of the GDP.
Pinocchiobama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1103362 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
People still don't want your smoke in their lungs dimwit! What's so hard to understand about that?
Nor do they want lies in their White House: Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year"!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103363 Mar 25, 2014
Billionaire mogul Sheldon Adelson looks for mainstream Republican who can win in 2016

“He doesn’t want a crazy extremist to be the nominee,” Chaltiel said.“He wants someone who has the chance to win the election, who is reasonable in his positions, who has convictions but is not totally crazy.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/billio...

sorry Ted.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#1103366 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Huffpost and Media Matters are the most oft cited sites on the internet. even by right wing sites.
Republican Sens. John McCain and Susan Collins are criticizing three of their more conservative GOP colleagues for taking what McCain called a "bizarre" stand in trying to block a conference with the House on a Senate-passed budget bill.
Their anger is directed at tea party Sens. Rand Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Mike Lee of Utah, who so far have stopped the Senate from sending the budget it passed March 23 to a conference committee with the House.
According to the Huffington Post, McCain on Tuesday called the trio’s actions “bizarre,” saying on the Senate floor,“I would like to point out to my colleagues — on this side of the aisle — that for four years ... we complained about the fact that the majority leader ... would refuse to bring a budget to the floor of the United States Senate.”
“We did a budget and all of us patted each other on the back and we were so proud we did the budget," he continued. "And, by golly, now we’ll move with the House of Representatives, and we will have a budget, hopefully at least [we’ll] begin negotiations with the House of Representatives, which is a majority of Republicans — not Democrats, Republicans.”
Paul, Cruz and Lee, however, want to prohibit Senate conferees from agreeing to any deal that would raise either taxes or the debt ceiling.
That demand, McCain said, is contrary to the Senate's regular conference process.
“We ‘instruct’ the conferees,” he said.“We don’t ‘require’ the conferees because that’s why we appoint conferees and that’s why we approve or disapprove the result of that conference. That’s how our laws are made.”
It’s not the first time the Arizona Republican has slammed Paul and Cruz over obstructionist tactics. After Paul’s March filibuster over the Obama administration’s drone policy, McCain called Paul’s concerns “totally unfounded" and referred to him and Cruz as "wacko birds."
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/McCain-Paul-C...
the fact....when the dems did submit a budget the republicans decided that it wouldn't have mattered if they ever did.
pretty sure it's easy enough to find proof of the record the republicans have set over the last 6 years in obstructing the furthering of governance.
John McCain is progressive and Susan Collins is a libtard. HuffPo is a libtard wet dream. The writers there are all progressive libtards! I knew of Arianna long before she formed HuffPo. She was a middle of the road person then. Till she found out the money was in loonyville!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103367 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can live as healthy a life style as you want but if you get bit by Deer lice carrying Lyme disease or a mosquito with West Nile virus, that's not going to help now is it? There are plenty of diseases out there like leukemia that have nothing to do with lifestyle.
You're an idiot!
deer "lice"?

The rest of yew post how ever..was vewee(!!) true Dupont...Bless your heart too lol.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1103369 Mar 25, 2014
Putin Tinko wrote:
Putin pisses all over Obama Boo Boo.
Michelle O'bama pisses all over herself in China.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

#1103370 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Annual revenues nearly doubled under Reagan's presidency".
So did the debt as a % of the GDP.
We were fighting this thing called the Cold War. Why do you libtards want to rewrite history?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103371 Mar 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What does A PERSON choosing to get stoned have to do with a tick bite?
One is CHOICE, the other is <NOTandyerjustgonnapisssome ofusoffagaindammitsoshutuplol >

DUHmmy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103372 Mar 25, 2014
$17 trillion in debt....

50 million starving to death...

50 million living on food deserts..

and the FDA has businesses spending $757 million bucks to re write the menu....

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103373 Mar 25, 2014
$17 trillion in debt....

50 million starving to death...

50 million living on food deserts.

and the Federal Gubbyming has us all scurrying around to put labels on vending machines...

at a cost of $423 million dollars...

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1103374 Mar 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
...and to think I used to make jokes about coat hangers...
"The Coat Hanger as a Symbol, and Why Abortion Access Matters"
http://dcabortionfund.org/donate/
Yeah before they take your young and feed of it or F it to death...

Anyway...

Happy Amerika day....oh everyday...that is when that is...

A freaking Carnival 24/7

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#1103376 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
People still don't want your smoke in their lungs dimwit! What's so hard to understand about that?
Are you GOD???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#1103377 Mar 25, 2014
Blew a house down...

Or BLOW...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1103378 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The most polluted area in Chicago is the airport, shut it down.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#1103379 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> We were fighting this thing called the Cold War. Why do you libtards want to rewrite history?
Want to????

Why the freak are you even POSTING????
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103380 Mar 25, 2014
...being American sucks...

{Michelle:'There Were Actually Laws in America that Allowed Discrimination Against Black People Like Me'}

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/michelle-...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#1103381 Mar 25, 2014
Are you a free one that can head out of America a passport in hand?

Why....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103382 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> John McCain is progressive and Susan Collins is a libtard. HuffPo is a libtard wet dream. The writers there are all progressive libtards! I knew of Arianna long before she formed HuffPo. She was a middle of the road person then. Till she found out the money was in loonyville!!!
middle of the road? she was a Republican. married to a Republican Congressman.

btw....Huffpost's internet ranking beats every right wing site on the net.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Ne...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do blacks need sunscreen? 2 min ugly monkeys 1
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 3 min ThRIlLa 3,843
Black Male House Servants/Concubines 7 min Buck Breaker 4
News Trump exchange with black journalist sparks out... 25 min Mikey 94
News Black Men at Greater Risk for Prostate Cancer: ... 33 min Prostate Masseur 1
News Black History Month: Tim Scott on What His Elec... 38 min Magic Utah Uwear 22
Maceo looks like Cee Ho Green 41 min Hmm 2
Got into it with the cafeteria worker this morning 50 min SadButTrue 30
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 1 hr SadButTrue 1,114
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 1 hr SadButTrue 56
White guys are better in bed - according to bla... 3 hr SadButTrue 36
Why are black women so unattractive? (Aug '15) 7 hr sexysnowbunny 68
More from around the web