Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
994,781 - 994,800 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081871 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a great idea!!!!! If only we could shove the politicians out of the way......
you live in the land of rule by referendum...why would the politicians be a hindrance? something doesn't jive there....

“J' accuse”

Since: Oct 07

Littleton, CO

#1081874 Feb 17, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies told by Obama and his administration are for the benefit of their useful idiots.
It was pathetic watching Obama lie to our faces during the Bill O'Reilly interview prior to the Super Bowl about there being absolutely no corruption or criminality regarding the IRS scandal.
Newsweek poll of 1000 US citizens revealed

29% couldn't name the vice president

43% unable to define bill of rights

40% didn't know America fought Japan & Germany in WWII

73% didn't know Communism was main concern of the cold war

67% didn't know US economy is a capitalistic system

Only 1 in 4 could name more than 1 of the first 5 freedoms the 1st amendment upholds.

These are your typical LIV's who vote democrat, and clearly don't watch media like Fox News, they watch clown comedians like Stewart and Colbert.

Our liberal teachers are failing us

Level 7

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1081875 Feb 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You been behaving yourself, young lady?
Why do you hate smelt and golf courses?
Don't you believe in capitalism?
Why are you against golf course owners making a living?
Yes, dem, I have been behaving myself...I've been off of Topix politics for over a year!
Have you ever tasted smelt? Me either, but the name just sounds nasty, doesn't it?
I already answered about golf (I know you love to golf so I'll go with my answer, "cut back on the watering 20%")
Yes, I believe in capitalism
See my golf answer above......they can keep their damn golf courses, they just won't be as GREEN

“J' accuse”

Littleton, CO

#1081878 Feb 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I tore the place up looking for my card. Buried too deep I guess. It's all academic anyway. I enlisted 10/21/68, 46 years ago. Take it or leave it.
Semper fi 5/11/70 enlisted and was drafted.

Level 7

Location hidden

#1081880 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you should have cut back 20% a few years ago...
I like that! Maybe we should have! But the idiotic Democratic run legislature in Sacramento couldn't be counted on to look into the future! That would take brains, planning and ingenuity...something that is sorely lacking in California's government.....We have a very corrupt government in Cali don't you know....

“J' accuse”

Littleton, CO

#1081882 Feb 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it very plainly says that 84% of the white people killed in 2010 were killed by white people.
it also says that black offenders were less likely to be involved in sex-related killings (43.4%), workplace homicides,(25.8%) or homicides of elders age 65 or older (41.9%).
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.p...
does it not say that? can you read? now would be the time to prove it.
virtually all black on white crime is stranger on stranger, I can control the white people I associate with, it's more difficult to live freely and avoid black criminals. Blacks target whites for crimes.

I doubt if anyone could come up with one single black woman being raped by a white man.

Level 7

Location hidden

#1081883 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so take your water problems without whining about them you chose to live there..
you remind me of the fools here in MN who complain about the snow and cold...?!?!
We don't have drought every year. I only whine when the liberal Democrats in Sacramento and Washington make drastic decisions about our water supply based on party lines and who will line their pockets the most......I can be in body surfing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon.....I can hang in there for another decade or so....

“J' accuse”

Littleton, CO

#1081885 Feb 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it very plainly says that 84% of the white people killed in 2010 were killed by white people.
it also says that black offenders were less likely to be involved in sex-related killings (43.4%), workplace homicides,(25.8%) or homicides of elders age 65 or older (41.9%).
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.p...
does it not say that? can you read? now would be the time to prove it.
The media ignores blacks turning on their white co workers, but it certainly happens and frequently.

St. Croix valley

#1081887 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, dem, I have been behaving myself...I've been off of Topix politics for over a year!
Have you ever tasted smelt? Me either, but the name just sounds nasty, doesn't it?
I already answered about golf (I know you love to golf so I'll go with my answer, "cut back on the watering 20%")
Yes, I believe in capitalism
See my golf answer above......they can keep their damn golf courses, they just won't be as GREEN
smelt is wonderful! we get them out of lake superior also. they are a very important part of many other game fish's diets...

St. Croix valley

#1081889 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that! Maybe we should have! But the idiotic Democratic run legislature in Sacramento couldn't be counted on to look into the future! That would take brains, planning and ingenuity...something that is sorely lacking in California's government.....We have a very corrupt government in Cali don't you know....
wow! all you can do is blame the democrat gov't? nanny state much? take some initiative. don't wait for the gov't to solve all your problems for you!

St. Croix valley

#1081890 Feb 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Semper fi 5/11/70 enlisted and was drafted.
mdbuilder lied about his service in the military...

he is scum.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1081892 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
I am really glad to hear he is doing well! I think we're about 20 years behind, we'll miss a lot of the really innovative and techno medicine that is unheard of today. Hopefully, my kids and their kids will benefit from the advancement of modern medicine.....USA, I think we may have been in agreement a handlful of times.....hopefully, we will have more conversations without much of the rancor there was in the past.....:)
ObamaKKkare will bring US medical care to the level of Cuban standards....

equality of crummy care for all....

Level 7

Location hidden

#1081893 Feb 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is very unfair to somehow tie the drought issue to Obama playing golf on his day off. That is a bit of a stretch. However, you seem very uninformed when it comes to golf courses in the Coachella Valley. It isn't like they aren't concerned about water usage and haven't made efforts to use less.
The two courses that Obama played were Sunnylands and Porcupine Creek.
"In recent years, the 200-acre Sunnylands has cut back on the amount of turf grass and installed a more efficient irrigation system... The course has prepared to transition to an as-yet-unfinished city-wide reclaimed water system.
“The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands has taken significant measures to reduce water usage,” Geoffrey Cowan, the president of the Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands, said in the release.”In consideration of the conditions that led Governor Brown to make a drought declaration, reducing water consumption is a more important priority than ever.”
The Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) director has said that "most golf courses in the Coachella Valley are very conscientious about their water use, and they take a lot of steps to make sure that they're not over watering."
The general manager of the city-owned Desert Willow Golf Resort in Palm Desert says that they "use almost 90 percent recycled water and so we're not tapping into the well water that some of the other courses are."
According to CVWD, Desert Willow is among 41 courses in the Valley that don't rely on ground water, and that over the past decade, with the resources available, golf courses have increased their use of nonpotable water by more than 30 percent. That percentage will increase significantly once the city-wide reclaimed water system is finished.
http://swampland.time.com/2014/02/17/obama-go...
No USA, you misunderstood me. I didn't tie the drought to Obama! heavens no! I said he should "lead by example". And you are absolutely correct! I know NOTHING about golf courses in the Coachella Valley nor do I know a damn thing about golf courses in Palm Springs. I do not play golf nor am I fan. What I do know is that when the President is sitting up on his soap box using our State's drastic drought emergency to further his climate change agenda, then he should have the decency to not play golf on the velvety, deep green and overly watered golf courses of our State. He and his wife are very good at telling the American people what they should or should not do to sacrifice for the greater good yet they, themselves, are exempt from sacrificing.....In my opinion, they should "lead by example".....

Have you been up North to the wine country lately? It is horrific. I was there last month and it was as dry as a bone. The prices of California wines will be rising exponentially if the drought continues and nothing is done.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1081895 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
"Obama takes hypocrisy to ludicrous levels.
After preaching shared sacrifice to assuage the California water shortage, Obama plays some of the country’s thirstiest golf courses.
President Barack Obama traveled to California Friday to highlight the state’s drought emergency at two events near Fresno, calling for shared sacrifice to help manage the state’s worst water-shortage in decades. He then spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the hospitality of some of the state’s top water hogs: desert golf courses.
Vacationing with DVDs of his favorite television shows and multiple golf outings with his buddies, the duffer-in-chief played at two of the most exclusive courses in the Palm Springs area. On Saturday, Obama played at the Sunnylands estate, built by the late billionaire Walter Annenberg, which features a nine-hole course that is played like 18 holes. The following day he golfed at billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellison’s 19-hole Porcupine Creek. On Presidents’ Day, Obama hit the links at Sunnylands once again.
The 124 golf courses in the Coachella Valley consume roughly 17 percent of all water there, and one quarter of the water pumped out of the region’s at-risk groundwater aquifer, according to the . Statewide, roughly one percent of water goes to keep golf courses green. Each of the 124 Coachella Valleycourses, on average, uses nearly 1 million gallons a day due to the hot and dry climate, 3-4 times more water per day than the average American golf course."
on the other hand, without the golf courses and other irrigation, very few people would choose to live in the Coachella Valley......

Level 7

Location hidden

#1081896 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! all you can do is blame the democrat gov't? nanny state much? take some initiative. don't wait for the gov't to solve all your problems for you!
LOL Yes, unfortunately, much of California is a "NANNY STATE", brought on by policies enacted by the Democratic legislature in Sacramento. I do what I can....

Level 7

Location hidden

#1081899 Feb 17, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>I must confess our relationship is limited somewhat by the golf issue. I don't mean to complain, however, it does seem a bit over the top to commit 600 or so acres to hitting a little ball into a little hole, but who am I to judge? The introduction of the little cars to carry you around and chill beer seems to me to be insult on top of injury... but I'll stay out of it. Just be advised that come the Revolution the sand traps and the greens and fairways are going to be reversed I suspect. You wait and see, in the end it'll make for a better game in a lot less space. Can't really get a better workout than struggling along with your sticks in blowing sand I always say....
LOL

St. Croix valley

#1081900 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have drought every year. I only whine when the liberal Democrats in Sacramento and Washington make drastic decisions about our water supply based on party lines and who will line their pockets the most......I can be in body surfing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon.....I can hang in there for another decade or so....
you should come surf our North Shore...nice waves...wussies need not apply

http://www.superiorsurfclub.com/

kind of shut down by ice this year...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1081903 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research on why the farmers are so screwed in the Central Valley of CA.....it's not just drought conditions. Politics play a huge part of the problem......Government is putting the lives of a smelt before those of California farmers and their ability to continue farming.....
I live in Southern CA. It is as dry as I have ever seen it and I have lived here my entire life. Governor Moonbeam has called a drought emergency.
"We ought to be ready for a long, continued, persistent effort to restrain our water use," Brown said, adding that conservation efforts would be "voluntary."
Right now, we are voluntarily cutting back our water consumption 20%. Since Obama took the drought emergency to drill home his "climate change" agenda, he should lead by example and cut back on HIS water consumption while in the Golden State.
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/17/local...
DmoKKKrats will allow farm crops and people to die to protect some useless creature called the delta smelt....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1081906 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dem, I was wondering when I would hear from you. I'm not a particular fan of John Boehner and I don't believe he has any business sticking his nose into CA politics, economy and agricultural problems. Closing some of the superfluous golf courses would be a start. I don't see why the smelt and rich democrats should be exempt from giving their fair share.....do you?
Galt must disagree with you....

closing the golf courses will destroy property values and Galt will be outta here.....

Level 7

Location hidden

#1081909 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>smelt is wonderful! we get them out of lake superior also. they are a very important part of many other game fish's diets...
I'm sure they are yummy at a fish fry.....you batter them up and eat them whole...their little heads, guts, fins etc....to me, they have always been bait fish...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 2 min your mother 4,850
Why do former white washed blacks always become... 10 min Somali Imperialist 6
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 14 min AAA777 3,430
why do black men hate seeing black women and wh... 14 min your mother 1
Nigerian Queens belong to Pakistani men 15 min education 9
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 17 min Enough 2,322
How many of you believe interracial dating is w... (Apr '12) 22 min your mother 1,281
There's A War On The Black Male 1 hr your mother 590
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 2 hr Black Facts 32,581
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••