Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536113 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1079795 Feb 14, 2014
It is true that the extent of sea ice at the North Pole is slightly below the 30-year average. However, an event near Antarctica reminded us that sea ice there is near an all-time high. In late December, a ship of global-warming researchers became stuck in Antarctic sea ice. The ice was so thick that two icebreakers sent to rescue the scientists were unable to break through. Passengers had to be removed by helicopter. Despite all the claims that the poles are melting and polar bears drowning, the global extent of sea ice remains stubbornly and significantly above the long-term mean. Apparently, the buildup of heat from global warming is producing more ice, not less, in defiance of both the laws of physics and common sense.
It seems now that everyone is qualified to have an opinion on global warming. In a recent column, theology professor Susan Thistlethwaite explained that “frigid weather” was an “example of the kind of violent and abrupt climate change that results from global warming.” Sometimes, I just feel so stupid. I thought cold weather was attributable to the annual phenomenon known as “winter.” The good professor also claimed that cold weather in the United States is a punishment sent by God for “our sinful failure to take care of the Creation.”
If the current cooling trend continues for a few more years, the theory of global warming faces imminent extinction. It will then join a long list of other expired environmental doom-and-gloom predictions, including overpopulation, peak oil and nuclear winter.
David Deming is a geophysicist, professor of arts and sciences at the University of Oklahoma, and the author of “Black & White: Politically Incorrect Essays on Politics, Culture, Science, Religion, Energy and Environment”(CreateSpace, 2011).

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1079796 Feb 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<projection>
You are lying again. You have never been able to find any legislation that authorizes paying a subsidy to any American oil company. The only thing you proved is that you're so ignroant you can't even define the word "subsidy".
So...
Show us the legislation that authorizes subsidies paid to any American oil company. So far, you haven't been able to find it.
Or, show us the payments. What company receive how much when?
Subsidies to American oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy paid to an American oil company.
A subsidy s a financial benefit.

However,I will take your approach to trying to narrowly define "subsidy" as an admittance that you know that oil companies get financial benefits(subsidies).

This also means you've been lying all along about oil industry subsidies.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1079797 Feb 14, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to keep track of all the name stealers. Should have known not to parlay with a new poster who thinks he's funny. Won't do it again.
For registered posters watch the post count to tell the difference. The others just pay attention to the style of posts. If they are out of character then probably an impostor.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1079798 Feb 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people don't make hundreds of billions in profits you stupid sh*t.
Why do liberals worry more about the very small 1% or 2% of the population in the upper echelon who also happen to provide incomes for thousands of other people rather than trying to figure out ways to lift up those on the bottom with opportunities and encouraging better life choices to improve their circumstances?

Sounds more like envy than wanting to make a bad situation better for those in poverty..

Will bringing down the top do anything to help lift up the bottom?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1079799 Feb 14, 2014
flack wrote:
Found out I lost a good friend last night!
LUKE BRYAN LYRICS
"Drink A Beer"
When I got the news today
I didn't know what to say.
So I just hung up the phone.
I took a walk to clear my head,
This is where the walking led
Can't believe you're really gone
Don't feel like going home
So I'm gonna set right here
On the edge of this pier
Watch the sunset disappear
And drink a beer
Funny how the good ones go
Too soon, but the good Lord knows
The reasons why, I guess
Sometimes the greater plan
Is kinda hard to understand
Right now it don't make sense
I can't make it all make sense
On the edge of this pier
And drink a beer
So long my friend
Until we meet again
I'll remember you
And all the times that we used to...
... set right here on the edge of this pier
And watch the sunset disappear
And drink a beer
Drink a beer,
Drink a beer.
Yeah
May your friend rest in peace and for you to find peace. Luke Bryant wrote that song when his brother died.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1079800 Feb 14, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> carol you are talking to that idiot that stole your name last year.
Did our little friend learn how to steal avatars too? The legitimate poster, DBWriter, is registered on topix. I knew he wasn't 'cray cray', but was tired and wasn't thinking straight.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1079801 Feb 14, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> For registered posters watch the post count to tell the difference. The others just pay attention to the style of posts. If they are out of character then probably an impostor.
Like I said, should have known better.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1079802 Feb 14, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
I'M STILL INSANE TOPIX FAMILY!!!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I have been using a new product called "NOT SURPRIZED ENEMA",, very effective if I don't say so myself!!! OBAMABOTS love it!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as I do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have again brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "DEBIL"!!! He will be posting along with some of my favorite socks, "WOODTICK57" and ''LCN'' for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And now it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses and "Guard your Manhood"are imperative well!!!!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,''NOT SURPRIZED''(WAXYWAXTURD),,,( the very chubby, chubby-chasing OBAMABOT from MINNESOTA.)
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1079803 Feb 14, 2014
We have seen it happen in Utah and Oklahoma. Now the cleansing hand of justice has come to Virginia.

With homophobic former Attorney General Ken “Oral sex is of the devil” Cuccinelli out of the way, Virginia’s new Attorney General Mark R. Herring, a Democrat who himself once voted against same-sex marriage, said, in January, that he believed his state’s same-sex marriage ban was unconstitutional. As The Washington Post reported, he said that he would ask a federal court “to strike it down.”

On Thursday night, a federal Judge did just that, ruling that Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban was unconstitutional. In her decision, Judge Arenda L. Wright Allen of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, in Norfolk, pointed out that the United States Constitution declares that ‘all men’ are created equal.” She asked,“Surely this means all of us.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/14/virgin...

It is of profound importance that the Republican Party claims to reject government interference in our lives, because Judge Wright Allen pointed out that anti-marriage equality laws “interject profound government interference into one of the most personal choices a person makes” and that “such interference compels careful judicial examination.”

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1079804 Feb 14, 2014
flack wrote:
Found out I lost a good friend last night!
LUKE BRYAN LYRICS
"Drink A Beer"
When I got the news today
I didn't know what to say.
So I just hung up the phone.
I took a walk to clear my head,
This is where the walking led
Can't believe you're really gone
Don't feel like going home
On the edge of this pier
And drink a beer
Funny how the good ones go
Too soon, but the good Lord knows
The reasons why, I guess
Sometimes the greater plan
Is kinda hard to understand
Right now it don't make sense
I can't make it all make sense
On the edge of this pier
And drink a beer
So long my friend
Until we meet again
I'll remember you
And all the times that we used to...
... set right here on the edge of this pier
And watch the sunset disappear
And drink a beer
Drink a beer,
Drink a beer.
Yeah
Sorry to hear about your loss.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1079805 Feb 14, 2014
Ted Cruz: Telling The Truth Makes GOP Lawmakers''Heads Explode'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cru...

that from the man who's head will never get the chance to explode.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1079806 Feb 14, 2014
I post many times calling Repubs the most hypocritical bastards on earth. Here's an example of why I think this way.

Hannity 2003 speaking, when Bush was President, on the Patriot Act and the Powers it gave to the US Federal government, including the NSA.
&#12288;&#12288;" Our techniques are working. We've got the NSA Program here; we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know... it's staggering to me that we are even debating the use of these techniques in this country even at this time."
Here is Hannity speaking, just this week 2014, on the Patriot Act and the powers it gave to the US Federal government, including the NSA.
&#12288;&#12288;" Big Brother is monitoring your every move, whether it be online or on the telephone. These actions by the Obama Administration are clear; very clear violations of the Fourth Amendment."

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1079807 Feb 14, 2014
Obamacare isn't attracting enough young voters. We almost have to hope that big gap between those who have signed up and those who haven't will be bridged by the end of March - or everyone's premiums and costs will go up.

But poor Kathleen Sebelius is getting desperate trying to mislead the public. She recently announced, "The numbers show that there is a very strong national demand for affordable healthcare made possible by the Affordable Care Act."

She must not have seen the real polls. Valerie Jarrett just makes up her own polls and shows them to Obama and Sebelius .

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1079808 Feb 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Show us the legislation that authorizes subsidies paid to any American oil company. So far, you haven't been able to find it.
Or, show us the payments. What company receive how much when?
Subsidies to American oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy paid to an American oil company.
Not since before 1929 has the American worker received less percentage of profit from the companies they work for. You and most Repubs want a race to the bottom for American workers.
.\
Here's some info on your line of work.
The US is now a max EXPORTS of American oil. During the 1973 oil embargo there were limits put on exports of American oil.
But last week Repubs in the Congress started a Bill to lift the limits so American oil can go to China.
Repubs and big oil screwing America once again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1079809 Feb 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying poor people make billions in profits?
So, you are this anti-big government person that thinks we would be handing out subsidies to corporations making billions ion profits.
How do you justify that????
How does an honest TeaParty member justify it? Or is the Tea Party just an anti-Obama party & not really interested in debt & helping us recover.
How does the Republican Party justify voting to cut 80 billion from food stamps while forking over 4 billion in subsidies to oil companies making tens of billions in profits?
Your problem is you assume a poor individual will always be poor, despite the overwhelming number of factual life stories that prove what you think a lie.
After a poor person becomes successful and removes themselves from poverty, the amount of money they earn depends on how successful they are.
How do I justify that? The more a person works, the more successful they are. If a person just shows up when they have to, and goes about everything in a half-assed way, and doesn't make working for a living a high priority, then that person will always be poor... and will always vote for Democrats that promise him they will steal from the people who work to give to them what they won't get off their ass to earn.

The TEA Party is anti-poverty. I'll make it easy for you. If anyone you know does these things, they will never be poor:
1) Don't drop out of school.
2) Study while you're in school.
3) Don't have children before you're married.
4) Get a job and show up for work every day on time.
5) Do what you're paid to do while you're at work.
6) Don't hang out with a bunch of useless idiots playing basketball at midnight.
7) Don't become a criminal.

If anyone does the above, they will never be poor.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1079810 Feb 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A subsidy s a financial benefit.
However,I will take your approach to trying to narrowly define "subsidy" as an admittance that you know that oil companies get financial benefits(subsidies).
This also means you've been lying all along about oil industry subsidies.
Like I said, the only thing you proved is you are so ignorant you can't even define the word "subsidy".
A subsidy is money given.
Try again.
Duh

Satellite Beach, FL

#1079811 Feb 14, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
I post many times calling Repubs the most hypocritical bastards on earth. Here's an example of why I think this way.
Hannity 2003 speaking, when Bush was President, on the Patriot Act and the Powers it gave to the US Federal government, including the NSA.
&#12288;&#12288;" Our techniques are working. We've got the NSA Program here; we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know... it's staggering to me that we are even debating the use of these techniques in this country even at this time."
Here is Hannity speaking, just this week 2014, on the Patriot Act and the powers it gave to the US Federal government, including the NSA.
&#12288;&#12288;" Big Brother is monitoring your every move, whether it be online or on the telephone. These actions by the Obama Administration are clear; very clear violations of the Fourth Amendment."
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" : Wake up and stop swallowing the Obama snake oil already.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1079812 Feb 14, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Today's Democrats are a different breed of the JFK days, or any days.
The same people who spent 2001 to 2009 screeching about Bush's powers run amok are oblivious to Obama ZERO who defies the Constitution as America fails.
Remember when Obammy said this:
“I taught constitutional law for ten years. I take the Constitution very seriously. THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS THAT WE’RE FACING RIGHT NOW HAVE TO DO WITH GEORGE BUSH TRYING TO BRING MORE AND MORE POWER INTO THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH AND NOT GO THROUGH CONGRESS AT ALL, AND THAT’S WHAT I INTEND TO REVERSE when I’m President of the United States of America.”
Today's New Democrats, are a dangerous, seedy Bunch who worship the Cult of Personality over substance and experience.
Led by President Barack Hussein Obama, today’s Democrat Party has about as much in common with the old Democrats as Obama has with JFK. In fact, Kennedy would now be considered a DINO, a Democrat in Name Only.
Granted, all politicians are flawed, a consequence of the reality that all human beings are flawed, but today’s “Party of the People” including almost everyone associated with it have become so immersed in extremist liberal thinking that they have become A CORRUPT CARICATURE OF THEIR FORMER SELVES, UNABLE TO DISTINGUISH RIGHT FROM WRONG AND INCAPABLE OF RATIONAL THOUGHT.(As evidenced here by posters who WORSHIP THE ONE, no matter his failed policies and refusal to admit when they are failing and change course—unless for political reasons like postponing the harmful consequences of ObamaCare).
Obama recently boasted,“That’s the good thing as a President, I can do whatever I want,” an astoundingly arrogant statement especially in view of his billing as a constitutional scholar. Even (some) high schoolers know that America’s Constitution was designed by the Founders to safeguard against any future leader’s pretensions to absolutism with a separation of powers and checks and balances among our executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
Most of Obama’s Democrat Party believes he has the constitutional right to impose his will via unlimited executive actions. At least one Democrat organization firmly adheres to THE MISGUIDED PRINCIPLE OF BLATANT, POLITICAL HYPOCRISY.
North Carolina’s NAACP chapter scheduled a demonstration to protest “racist” voter ID laws which that it contends discriminate against people of color even though identification is required for everything from securing a library card to making a bank withdrawal. Yet, in its “Do’s and Don’ts”[sic] instructions to marchers, the NAACP cautions participants to be certain to bring a photo ID and “keep it on your person at all times,” apparently because it regards marching and protesting are more important than voting.
DEMOCRAT HOUSE MINORITY LEADER NANCY PELOSI, WHO LED HER TROOPS FOR EIGHT YEARS IN DEMEANING, RIDICULING, AND UNDERMINING PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH, IS NOW COMPLAINING THAT REPUBLICANS HAVE BEEN “DISRESPECTING” PRESIDENT OBAMA. Proving once again she is an overachieving, lying nincompoop with either the memory of a gnat or the soul of a terrorist, Pelosi was doubly peeved over that disrespect since Democrats “did not treat President Bush this way.”
Remember Obammy’s campaign slur about clinging to their guns and religion?
Today’s Democrats cling to their lies and failed ideologies.
A long time ago I lived among the hippies that earned the moniker the "me generation". Aside from being duped by every utopian idea they heard, I had this observation about them back then:

The only authority they didn't like was the authority they didn't have.

It's no coincidence these people who construct the Democratic Party were these same people, and when they control the government, the government goes rogue.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1079813 Feb 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the only thing you proved is you are so ignorant you can't even define the word "subsidy".
A subsidy is money given.
Try again.
"Definition of 'Subsidy'

A benefit given by the government to groups or individuals usually in the form of a cash payment or tax reduction. The subsidy is usually given to remove some type of burden and is often considered to be in the interest of the public."

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/subsidy.a...

But hey. let it up to a whiney little sh*t to hide behind narrow definitions knowing all along that oil industry subsidies exist.

Pathetic

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1079814 Feb 14, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Not since before 1929 has the American worker received less percentage of profit from the companies they work for. You and most Repubs want a race to the bottom for American workers.
.\
Here's some info on your line of work.
The US is now a max EXPORTS of American oil. During the 1973 oil embargo there were limits put on exports of American oil.
But last week Repubs in the Congress started a Bill to lift the limits so American oil can go to China.
Repubs and big oil screwing America once again.
And that explains driving through blue collar neighborhoods and seeing bass boats, 4 wheelers, a pickup and a car, kids riding bicycles wearing good clothes and shoes, the proliferation of goods in the massive supermarket grocery stores that don't exist anywhere else in the world, the crowded streets in commercial centers on Saturday, and the national parks being filled up with 100k dollar RVs in every national park in the country every day during summer.

You're an idiot.

Get off your ass and start making your life all about working for a living. That's how you cure poverty. There is no other way to cure poverty. If you think the government stealing from someone else to give to you will cure poverty, you are nothing more than an ignorant dupe.

The only way for anyone to cure poverty is to get off their ass and work for a living.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 6 min Redefined 34,582
Interracial dating is gross! (Nov '10) 15 min Savant 103
Is The White Man The Devil (Mar '09) 29 min Redefined 1,016
Black women have options - THE NEW NORMAL 56 min 2 Dogs 25
Dear White People (May '16) 1 hr 2 Dogs 833
Bill Cosby: A lesson for "established" BM? 1 hr 2 Dogs 2
White women are extremely jealous of bw! 1 hr Gabar 48
Why are black men so thirsty for white women? 2 hr Ttt 84
HA HA HA! Trump cuts $1.7 TRILLION in welfare! 5 hr coretta 226
Black women want kids with that GOOD HAIR 5 hr SadButTrue 34
More from around the web