Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524117 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fafa

Zuchwil, Switzerland

#1074740 Feb 5, 2014
fafav
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1074741 Feb 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just cause to call for his resignation alone. Richard Nixon was forced to resign for a much lesser offense and ensuring cover up. Why isn't anyone doing this?
That's some really really funny chit babe. Is Diogenes err Aphelion related to you by keyboard doll?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1074742 Feb 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't been able to find any proof of subsidies paid to American oil companies.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on...
Show me the subsidy.
Now, back to the post you're running away from. How about you answer the post instead of running away:
ObamaKare is nothing more than using Marxist principles to allow the government to take total control of the health care in the country, and a definition of how the government utilizes that control.
ObamaKare Death Panel: "We're sorry, Mr. Jones. Your life isn't funded for next year because some crackwhore needs an abortion."
yes, yes he has.

just because you deny the truth in front of your face time and time again doesn't mean teh facts aren't there...

you can lie all you want, but that doesn't make it true..it just makes you the fool you are...
NewYawketyYawket yYawk

Satellite Beach, FL

#1074743 Feb 5, 2014
new yawk wrote:
I'm not getting either.
Obama has nothing to due with the State of My Heart.
That WAS The Premise of My Post, was it not, dillard??
Since you obviously can't comprehend, stop replying In Stupid.
<quoted text>
"Stupid"? Did you say, "Stupid"? "due"?... LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1074744 Feb 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an obvious difference between the normal heterosexual union and the abnormal homosexual union.
Why do you want a decree from the government that ignores this obvious difference?
as pointed out,it doesn't.

try to keep up you scared little bigot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1074745 Feb 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow!you can cut and paste. you do it with bullshit though...
if no one watched the video...why did thousands protest in Cairo against it? and at our embassies around the globe?
try parroting something that doesn't get the very first sentence wrong, dear....
what a stupid-assed tool you are! even when shamed into actually trying to act normal you are just too freakin stupid to do it!!!!
classic, pal..so freakin classic!
Let's introduce some facts to you.

CNN's Nick Roberts recorded video of the protest in Cairo the entire day, interviewing many protestors. One of the protestors Nick Roberts interviewed was the brother of the blind sheik, who was PLANNED to be the keynote speaker of the PLANNED demonstration, and he, like every other person Nick Roberts interviewed throughout the day, specifically told Nick Roberts the protests were PLANNED to put pressure on the United States to release the blind shiek from prison in the US.
In the hours before the attack in Benghazi began, CNN abruptly changed their story line from the truth to what the Obama lie would be. Somehow, CNN knew exactly what the Obama lie would be before the attack.
Nobody knew of the video before the Obama lie identified it. It had a grand total of 17 hits from around the world before Obama lied and blamed everything on it.

The reality is, all the protests were planned celebrations of the Arab Islamists' victory over the United States on the anniversary of the Arab Islamist attack.
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1074746 Feb 5, 2014
And your frame of reference is?

Your own senseless stupidity laced with your drunken stupor !?

No companion and no moon,
and he is drinking swill
all alone!
Won't you come and see epitome of
loneliness?
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made another senseless remark, babee.
The vodka talks louder and more often than you ever do.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1074747 Feb 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem liberals think climate change is something new and defending oneself is a partisan issue since it's not part of their party's platform.
But, then again, liberals want to use the climate as another way to tax us and it's much harder to control the masses when law-abiding citizens are armed.
I suppose. We're living in very weird times.
If they didn't have Global Warming, Gay Marriage, "Undocumented Workers", Pay Inequality, Free Condoms and Cellphones, Marijuana Legalization or any of a thousand other juvenile complaints, what political "hook" would they be left with?

Winter Coats for homeless dogs.

Nations are formed by these issues!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA......

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1074748 Feb 5, 2014
‘Electronic tongue’ identifies brands of beer with 81.9% accuracy
February 4, 2014

beer
Electronic tongue identifies beers (Credit: Manel del Valle)

Spanish researchers have managed to distinguish between different varieties of beer using an “electronic tongue,” with an accuracy of 81.9%.

Scientists at the Autonomous University of Barcelona used an array of 21 sensors formed from ion-selective electrodes, including some with response to cations (ammonium, sodium), others with response to anions (nitrate, chloride, etc.), and electrodes with generic (unspecified) responses.

The authors recorded the multidimensional response generated by the sensors and applied supervised learning and linear discriminant analysis.

The researchers said these tools could one day give robots a sense of taste, and even supplant panels of tasters in the food industry to improve the quality and reliability of products for consumption.

Will wine tasting be next?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1074749 Feb 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>By Bill Flax contributor. So your game is to link another persons opinion? Hah, that's Lois Lames game too___ROFLMAO.
Who is Bill Flax???
Were all of the details known on 10/18/12???
The liberals are getting desperate. I link to the post of another as support for my beliefs. Unlink you and those like you who believe that your opinions are facts and offer no support for your positions.

Who are you????

There have been consistent facts since the initial event. Obama lied about the protest. Hillary lied about the protest. Susan lied about the protest.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1074751 Feb 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to be forgetting that top republicans in congress pledged to block anything Obama did and to get those that they could influence and force to do the same....
facts are fun!
One more time. And then I'm done.

Obama is a radical liberal who promised to increase taxes, redistribute the wealth and fundamentally transform this nation into a nanny state using big government as a way to overhaul the entire health care system and put as many people on welfare as possible to align with his ivory tower vision of utopia because of his total disconnect.

And you think Republican-elected leaders were just going to sit back and let this happen?

Of course, Obama flatly denied ever saying anything about redistribution and fundamentally transforming the nation in the interview with O'Reilly on Sunday - even though the videos are everywhere.

So he must think you're stupid or have the attention span of a 2-year-old.

Which is it?

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1074752 Feb 5, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>.....Archaeologists have discovered large carved holes in the ground of a 2,000-year-old Native American village in Miami.
The new discovery provides insight into one of the earliest town plans in North America, officials say.
The remains of the village were first discovered in 2005. Since then the archaeologists have uncovered holes in the limestone bedrock, which are believed to be the foundation for homes for the Tequesta Indian village.
"We're getting a glimpse of what might be one of the earliest town plans in eastern North America," said archaeologist Robert Carr.
Over the past nine years, thousands of artefacts have been found, as well as human bones.
The discoveries show the Tequesta site conducted trade with other parts of North America and the Caribbean.
Were they European, like all other eastern Native Americans, or Asian, like the western Native Americans?

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1074753 Feb 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If they didn't have Global Warming, Gay Marriage, "Undocumented Workers", Pay Inequality, Free Condoms and Cellphones, Marijuana Legalization or any of a thousand other juvenile complaints, what political "hook" would they be left with?
Winter Coats for homeless dogs.
Nations are formed by these issues!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA......
Believe it's called "social engineering" as a way to control the masses. Communists have it down to an art form

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1074754 Feb 5, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Right at my feet
and when did you get here,
snail?
Sparrow's excrement
Becomes quickly powdery
On sizzling pavements
And you, fizzled and silent.
For in your cicada's cry
No sign can foretell
How soon you must die.
A bloody knife blade
Is being licked by a cat
At hog-killing time
You swine.
No one travels
Along this way but I,
This winter evening.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.......
<quoted text>
Say hello to Philip Seymour Hoffman when you get there. Oh, and say hi to Cory Monteith, too.
A-a-a-w-w-w Hell, just say hi to all of the sh itbag population:
http://tinyurl.com/mys2gv8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drug-rel...
You'll be among your own, kid.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1074755 Feb 5, 2014
( Phys.org )—The release of volatile organic compounds from Earth's forests and smoke from wildfires 3 million years ago had a far greater impact on global warming than ancient atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide, a new Yale study finds.
The research provides evidence that dynamic atmospheric chemistry played an important role in past warm climates, underscoring the complexity of climate change and the relevance of natural components, according to the authors. They do not address or dispute the significant role in climate change of human-generated CO2 emissions.
Using sophisticated Earth system modeling, a team led by Nadine Unger of the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies (F&ES) calculated that concentrations of tropospheric ozone, aerosol particles, and methane during the mid-Pliocene epoch were twice the levels observed in the pre-industrial era—largely because so much more of the planet was covered in forest.
Those reactive compounds altered Earth's radiation balance, contributing a net global warming as much as two to three times greater than the effect of carbon dioxide, according to the study, published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters.
These findings help explain why the Pliocene was two to three degrees C warmer than the pre-industrial era despite atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide that were approximately the same as today, Unger said.
"The discovery is important for better understanding climate change throughout Earth's history, and has enormous implications for the impacts of deforestation and the role of forests in climate protection strategies," said Unger, an assistant professor of atmospheric chemistry at F&ES.
"The traditional view," she said, "is that forests affect climate through carbon storage and by altering the color of the planet's surface, thus influencing the albedo effect. But as we are learning, there are other ways that forest ecosystems can impact the climate."
The albedo effect refers to the amount of radiation reflected by the surface of the planet. Light-colored snowy surfaces, for instance, reflect more light and heat back into space than darker forests.
Climate scientists have suggested that the Pliocene epoch might provide a glimpse of the planet's future if humankind is unable to curb carbon dioxide emissions. During the Pliocene, the two main factors believed to influence the climate—atmospheric CO2 concentrations and the geographic position of the continents—were nearly identical to modern times. But scientists have long wondered why the Pliocene's global surface air temperatures were so much warmer than Earth's pre-industrial climate.
The answer might be found in highly reactive compounds that existed long before humans lived on the planet, Unger says. Terrestrial vegetation naturally emits vast quantities of volatile organic compounds, for instance. These are critical precursors for organic aerosols and ozone, a potent greenhouse gas. Wildfires, meanwhile, are a major source of black carbon and primary organic carbon.
Forest cover was vastly greater during the Pliocene, a period marked not just by warmer temperatures but also by greater precipitation. At the time, most of the arid and semi-arid regions of Africa, Australia, and the Arabian peninsula were covered with savanna and grassland. Even the Arctic had extensive forests. Notably, Unger says, there were no humans to cut the forests down.
Using the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies Model-E2 global Earth system model, the researchers were able to simulate the terrestrial ecosystem emissions and atmospheric chemical composition of the Pliocene and the pre-industrial era.
According to their findings, the increase in global vegetation was the dominant driver of emissions during the Pliocene—and the subsequent effects on climate.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Spring, TX

#1074756 Feb 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as pointed out,it doesn't.
try to keep up you scared little bigot.
The text content of your post is difficult to undrestand, if it in fact answers the question asked. Please elaborate.

There is an obvious difference between the normal heterosexual union and the abnormal homosexual union.
Why do you want a decree from the government that ignores this obvious difference (and delcares them the same)?
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1074757 Feb 5, 2014
And this has exactly what to do with the premise of my post?

Absolutely Nothing! Except your usual gibberish.

And as I stated: YOUR shiningerectoff has an ugly, evil heart.

God, your God does not overlook such. And THAT was the gist of my post.

You can sing "God Bless America" all you want. I'll sing along - BUT, erectOFF'S heart will still be ugly and evil. And he still resides n the Dark, Deep Abyss of Tartarus .

Does that offend you? Then I suggest .... YOU

Stick another Mallow Mar in your mouth. Only this time, don't talk while your eating.

GIBBERISH SPEWS FORTH!
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>fasdkjasdl;fkasdl;fkja sdl;kf
I just remember the bizarre shouting match at the Democratic Convention with the "no" crowd trying to shout down the "yes" crowd voting to keep God in their party's platform.
Sure would have been awkward if the "no's" had it (which after the third time, I believe they did) and Obama still had to say 'God bless America' at the end of his speech and the prayer at the end still had to be said because it was already on the program.
That darned old rock and liberal hard place. Seems some liberals actually deliberately try to squeeze themselves in between them.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1074758 Feb 5, 2014
Positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter .... It's the message that counts.
lily would complain about the poor communication skills used in the Lascaux Cave Paintings in France.

She's also been known to poke fun at the dictionary until someone pointed out to her that she was holding it upside-down.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1074759 Feb 5, 2014
Politicians can fix it all...

Be it Potholes or melting polar ice caps....

Ask Bill Nye, "The Science Guy!"

".. politicians can fix pot holes and time red lights, therefore they can also fix the climate: Nye:‘This is the same thing on a much, much larger scale."

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/01/28/watch-...

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1074760 Feb 5, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Certainly does protect the drunks, fools.
But God doesn't protect the ugly and evil in heart.
You are Both .... Tartarus Awaits You!
But, you are already living in that Dark, Deep Abyss .... Of Nothingness.
<quoted text>
I'm on a Mission From God.

And Boy! is he pizzed!

Hide, demon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why black men walk funny, reasons why? 6 min Ben 2
Israelite Supremacist - A Day In The Life 7 min Ben 14
WM acting tough on the Net 9 min Jax 7
Why do white girls get mad when white guys talk... 9 min Keepin It Real 70
Topix censors certain replies...interesting 14 min Created 27
Darwinian evolution doesn't apply to Black peop... 21 min Wtf 3
Poll Why are black guys so feminine and gay? (Sep '15) 23 min Wtf 34
Trump ~ 100* Days ~ Major Accomplishments? 41 min The Fonzie 61
What African Americans really are 7 hr Redefined 61
More from around the web