Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

YTube

Marietta, GA

#1066549 Jan 22, 2014

POPE Francis New Controversy ---- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1066550 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know you're a libtard Homer but try to keep up!
So add in all the jobs lost in 2008(when Bush was still was president) and get back to me. How about YOU keep up.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1066551 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS...free for the asking in some states....
Just another inconvienence to supress th evote of those who don't have money or transportation to one of the approved "Voter ID" locations.

Then there is the 90 year old lady who's voted for decades, but doesn't have a birth certificate because she was born in rural poverty at home.

You asshats would deny people like this their right to vote.

This is why the Repugnant Party is hated by most blocs of American voters.

Jews
Muslims
Women
minorities
gays

All you've got is old white people. Really dumb old white people.

Even the young whites have abandoned the Repugnant Party in droves.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1066552 Jan 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And his mother was really Elvis; Realtime and I saw those blue suede shoes in the corner of the photo.
Oh lord, did Carol see the blue suede shoes? Did they look stepped on?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1066553 Jan 22, 2014
Qaffas: According to Anatolia Press, Mahmoud said,“I have between my fingers, a treasure trove of secrets from the White House and Mrs. Clinton fears my wrath.” She said,“I will not speak about Huma Abedin.” When asked if she had a close relationship with Hillary Clinton, Mahmoud said,“When my husband returns from his kidnapping, the one who led the coup will pay a hefty price.” Of Mrs. Clinton, she said,“We have a long friendship of many years. We lived in the U.S. and my children learned there. This friendship increased further when my husband became the legitimate president of the country.”
Mahmoud went on to say that they were recruited by the Clintons from the U.S. and began their friendship in the 1980s. This appears to be a conspiracy that is being hidden.
When asked if they still have friendships with each other, Mahmoud said communications never ceased and that the conversations are all recorded. The wife of Morsi divulged that Mrs. Clinton seeks the assistance – both official and unofficial – of several members of the Muslim Sisterhood organization to help with problems in the Middle East.“We also have routine business dealings with the Clintons.”
Continuing with the excerpts from the transcript of the Mehwar TV news video, Naglaa Mahmoud claimed Hillary Clinton is looking for the support of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood in her anticipated 2016 run for the U.S. presidency:
Mahmoud further stated that “Hillary depends on us tremendously to help her succeed in the coming presidential elections, just as we helped Barack Obama win twice.” She is quite the looney bin to believe she helped Obama win.
When asked about her relationship with Michelle Obama, Mahmoud said it is very good but it never developed to the point of close friendship, like with Hillary.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1066554 Jan 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Now 63 and sunny in Boca Raton, breezy and nice. The Canadians are the only ones on the beaches!!
Yep__and they go go to the Merican doctors to get their scripts refilled and inhalers recharged and__next thing you know they're on some some right wing blog portrayed as Canadians seeking shorter lines in the US. Hah__ROFLMAO
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1066555 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know you're a libtard Homer but try to keep up!
Flack touting Bush's 'job numbers' but only up until 2007, LOL! And he asks me to keep up.

Why do rightwingers forget all about 2008?

2008 was a culmination of Bush's disastrous presidency and all his failed policies.

Level 1

Prevented this

#1066556 Jan 22, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF??
70% of Jewish Americans voted for Obama.
Seems all the semites love Obama!!
You specialize in making yourself look like an idiot!!
Thanks!!
It is not my fault that liberals Jews make up most of American Jews, they are liberals first, Judaism does not matter to them. You call them Hebes too don't you?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066558 Jan 22, 2014
Sentenced To Life In Prison For A Nonviolent Crime

In 1999, a federal judge in the Southern District of Illinois did something that would trouble him for years: He gave a sentence of life without the possibility of parole to a young drug dealer who had never been convicted of a violent crime.

Even so, a lifetime in prison struck Gilbert as unduly harsh. But it wasn’t as though he had a choice. Under a strict federal sentencing formula adopted by the U.S. at the height of the drug war in 1987, the defendant’s six years in the drug trade were enough to guarantee him the criminal justice system’s harshest penalty short of death.

“Over the years,” Gilbert would later write of the defendant, Scott Walker, in a letter to President Obama,“the absolute nature of his sentence has often weighed on my mind.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/life...

Touching story. I hope President Obama commutes his sentence.

Location hidden

#1066559 Jan 22, 2014
Yesterday was a big day for dozens of dogs in Nancy, Kentucky. At the behest of local government officials, the ASPCA helped rescue more than 40 dogs from Dream Catcher Kennels, a large, substandard breeding facility—also known as a puppy mill—and managed the removal, sheltering and medical treatment of each animal.

Ranging from Chihuahuas to Bloodhounds, these 40 dogs were discovered living in filthy conditions with little to no shelter from harsh elements. Many of them have never experienced kindness, love or gentle human hands.

We are now working fast and hard to rehabilitate these dogs, both physically and emotionally, but we need your help.

----------

Ever notice how all these abhorrent practices are always in RED States??

These people care not at all about animals, how can we expect them to care about their fellow Americans??

Location hidden

#1066560 Jan 22, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
I have made many posts in regard to the boy president, nobama. I never bring up race and yet every post you offer to me and all others that see thru your BS you accuse them of being racist.
You are the biggest racist on this thread.
Peace
KMA
Calling our 52 year old President a 'boy' is as racist as one can get. And you know it.

If you doubt this, ask your parish Priest.

I will wager he tells you it's racist to say that.

For you to pretend otherwise proves what a sick old man you are.

Now go take your dementia medicine.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1066561 Jan 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This weeks National Enquirer features "Exclusive__Elvis Was Murdered."
I thought about buying it to put on e-bay in about 30 years__but reality set in. I won't be around, nor will e-bay although the NE will because there will always be fragile people and fragile people will always be easily fooled. Still, it's really a good cover.
Buy it and put it on Ebay now, idiots like Flack and EasyEd will bid on it, you'll make a few bucks.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066562 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>in 2000 before the very same funded moslems bombed America--geez who would have thunk. Then in 2004 what happened-2008? 2012--Democrats are the party of Moslems. Get used to it. O'bama has visited many mosques--how stupid are you? Indonesia, Istanbul. How many more do you need--he was educated in a mosque.
you still have some more excuses to make.

Anti-Muslim activists on the Right have consistently warned that the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the Obama administration. But if their unhinged McCarthyism is to be believed, then Mitt Romney’s campaign has been penetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood as well, as Romney’s campaign has named George Salem, Samah Norquist and David Ramadan “National Co-Chairs of Arab Americans for Romney.”

Pamela Geller labeled George Salem’s Arab American Institute a “nototrious anti-Israel Israel [sic] organization” composed of “Islamic supremacists” and led by a “Jew hater.” She even suggested that the AAI seeks “Jewish annihilation” by backing Mideast peace efforts.

Geller, Frank Gaffney, Robert Spencer, William Murray, Andrea and James Lafferty and others sent a letter to Edwin Meese demanding he withdraw his endorsement of Virginia Del. David Ramadan because of his purported ties to Muammar Gadaffi and “radical views,” including his support for the right to build the Park 51 Islamic Community Center. James Lafferty said Ramadan is an “extremist” who should not even “be allowed to continue to live in the United States,” and Geller said he is a “stealth jihadist” and a “Muslim Brotherhood plant.”

Perhaps no chair of Romney’s committee is despised more than Samah Norquist, wife of conservative leader Grover Norquist. Glenn Beck and Jerry Boykin have said that Norquist is a lackey for the Muslim Brotherhood and according to anti-Muslim activists like Gaffney and David Horowitz, Norquist secretly converted to Islam and joined the Muslim Brotherhood at the behest of his wife. Conservative attorney Cleta Mitchell wrote in a report for the American Conservative Union that she is “certain that Mr. Gaffney’s hatred [for Norquist] is further fueled by the fact that Grover is married to a Muslim-American woman (who also has worked for the United States government in very responsible positions, I might add!).”

Of course, these spurious claims against Ramadan, Norquist and Salem are just as baseless and wrong as their attacks against the Obama administration and the Muslim-Americans serving in it.

But while extremists like Geller, Gaffney, Horowitz and others are quick to attack Obama with such bogus charges, for some reason it seems unlikely Romney will receive similar treatment.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/has-mus...

and can you tell us...how many times did Bush visit a Mosque?

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1066563 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservative pundit Glenn Beck seems to regret his on-air antics during his tenure at Fox News Channel.
Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Beck to reflect on his time at the network on Tuesday's "The Kelly File." Beck left in 2011 to start his digital network, The Blaze, saying at the time that he felt like "if you do not leave now, you won't leave with your soul intact."
"I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language," he told Kelly. "I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart and it's not who we are."
"I didn't realize how really fragile the people were, I kind of thought we were a little more in it together," Beck continued. "Now I look back and I realize if we could've talked about the uniting principles a little more instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/glenn_b...
says a lot about FOX. and none of it good.
"sonic"
You are pissed about a number of things are you not? You are pissed because;
- Fox News dominates cable news
- msnbc sucks viewer wise
- Glenn back has a huge audience, much broader than Fox News viewers/listners
- That O'Rielly gets more viewers than CNN, msnbc and HLN combined
That O'Rielly" has twice as many viewers as his competition combined in prime time
That Brett Baier has 50% more viewers than all competition combined
That Greta has more viewers than all competitors combined
That the O'Rielly rerun has nearly 1 million more viewers than the combined competition
That Kelly has nearly twice as many viewers than has madcow
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066564 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>in 2000 before the very same funded moslems bombed America--geez who would have thunk. Then in 2004 what happened-2008? 2012--Democrats are the party of Moslems. Get used to it. O'bama has visited many mosques--how stupid are you? Indonesia, Istanbul. How many more do you need--he was educated in a mosque.
btw.....

Six Days After 9/11, Another Anniversary Worth Honoring

The other anniversary is of the visit President George W. Bush made to a Washington mosque just six days after the attack, where he spoke eloquently against the harassment of Arabs and Muslims living in the United States and about the need to respect Islam.

This act of leadership and statesmanship, however, has all but vanished from the national collective memory. It deserves, instead, to be noted and heeded and esteemed.

In its immediate moment, Mr. Bush’s appearance at the Islamic Center of Washington may have helped to quell vigilante assaults on American Muslims and on those, like Sikhs, who were mistaken for them. At the policy level, the president’s words also served notice that unlike Franklin D. Roosevelt after the attack on Pearl Harbor, he would not intern or in any way collectively punish innocent American citizens who happened to share a religion or ethnicity with foreign foes.

After hailing American Muslims as “friends” and “taxpaying citizens” in his comments at the mosque, Mr. Bush went on to say:“These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith. And it’s important for my fellow Americans to understand that.” He quoted from the Koran:“In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil.” Then he continued in his own words:“The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That’s not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don’t represent peace. They represent evil and war.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/us/on-relig...

so did you vote for Bush?

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1066565 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservatives were quick to attack Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D) after a Dallas Morning News report revealed parts of her biography she touted on the campaign trail had stretched the truth.
But one Republican who knew the gubernatorial candidate from her days on the Forth Worth, Texas City Council is vouching for Davis' record, saying she wouldn't have come under the same scrutiny if she were a male candidate.
Becky Haskins, a former Republican ally of Davis' in the city council, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in a column published Tuesday that Davis was a hard worker who did what she needed to do for her children. Haskins served on the council during Davis' separation and divorce from her second husband Jeff Davis, who was himself a former city councilman.
An anonymous city council colleague of Davis' had told the Dallas Morning News that she was "tremendously ambitious" and wasn't "going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way.”
Haskins said "what that comment really tells you is how hard Wendy works."
Some pundits also suggested she was a bad parent for leaving her children with her ex-husband while she attended Harvard Law School.
“If this involved a man running for office, none of this would ever come up,” Haskins told the Star-Telegram.“It’s so sad. Every time I ran, somebody said I needed to be home with my kids. Nobody ever talks about men being responsible parents.”
“They wouldn’t be talking about Wendy if she weren’t a threat," she added.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republi...
"sonic"
Do you really think that wendy davis has a chance to win the governorship of Texas?
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#1066566 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
You come here to vent your sick message of hatred every day.

You are a seriously morally deranged old Jewish woman.

I'd say you're as crazy as Nitwitenyahu.

Maybe crazier.

Islam is a far bigger religion than Judaism.

Yet Judaism has been around far longer.

Ever wonder why Judaism never spread?? Why after cenrturies it's one of the smallest of major religions??

Even Hinduism has more followers than Judaism

As does Buddhism

As do the Sikhs.

And many others.

Judaism is a very small religion, as religions go.

Could be because it's a religion based on hatred and violence against all non Jews.

Could be.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066567 Jan 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This weeks National Enquirer features "Exclusive__Elvis Was Murdered."
I thought about buying it to put on e-bay in about 30 years__but reality set in. I won't be around, nor will e-bay although the NE will because there will always be fragile people and fragile people will always be easily fooled. Still, it's really a good cover.
Oh go and buy it and seal it in a zip log bag and bequeath it to your grandchildren!! It'll be good for a laugh! They'll say "Oh, my grandpa was such a card"!!

What's the deal on Net Neutrality?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066568 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Buy it and put it on Ebay now, idiots like Flack and EasyEd will bid on it, you'll make a few bucks.
Yeah, and throw in a case of homemade Velveeta!

Level 1

Prevented this

#1066569 Jan 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not, Obama's election has had a positive influence in the portrayal on television of "middle-class African-Americans who are articulate, intelligent and thoughtful."
You can laugh all you want but as more and more African American actors play prominent roles on television, black young people will be positively motivated. They will be able to envision themselves in those roles....as doctors, CSI investigators, FBI agents, detectives, firemen, etc.
Having a late-night talk show like Don't Sleep! with an African American host focusing on stories that affect the black community gives them self-worth. It's all good.
Headline today: There is no denial of abortion in NY. More Black babies aborted than Black babies born alive.

How much self-worth do you thing that gives them--of course femi-nazis like yourself say "It's all good."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happens if u swallow a roach by accident? (Jul '10) 3 min iamcuriousnow 44
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 4 min YIM 368
White Languages to be Banned in Africa ? 5 min hackney 452
All women prefer white men 7 min iamcuriousnow 4,328
The Sad But True problem with being Bi-Polar 9 min Truth 3
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 14 min Raada 116,660
Poll who spends too much time on topix? 16 min iamcuriousnow 2
Black Women Stop Befriending White Women 52 min sham 101
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Ingwe Temujin 32,780
More from around the web