Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1642749 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062208 Jan 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
For months Nutandyahoo has been referring to the interim nuclear deal with Iran, as a Munich-style surrender. So why the big uproar over the Iranian President parroting Nutandyahoo? Deflection. Anything to get the pressure off of Christie.
the entire world knows that Obama surrendered to Iran....

and for no reason, which is curious...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1062209 Jan 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We are still reeling from the effects of the Bush debacle. It is interesting how Clark conveniently leaves out the global economic collapse in 2008, ya think that might have had some effect on Obama's numbers? Ya think???
As an aside he also changed the criteria with regards to the unemployment numbers.
Bottom line: the Bush legacy continues....
FBI Director James Comey said Thursday the threat is one of his "greatest concerns."

"My concern is that people can go to Syria, develop new relationships, learn new techniques and become far more dangerous, and then flow back," Comey told reporters.

Previous estimates put the number of Americans in the Syrian conflict at 16, but researcher Aaron Zelin at the Washington Institute for Near-East Policy in a report last month said as many as 60 from the U.S. may have fought among an estimated 11,000 foreign militants in Syria.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1062210 Jan 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>My last electric bill was down to $67. I sent em an extra ten bucks.
I always tip them as well but then they just take it off my next bill.

I don't think our pal Flack knows that utility rates and fees are approved by government agencies and a matter of public knowledge__so some guy in Florida can find out instantly what far away folks pay for electric, water etc.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062211 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Flake has been banging the 'electricity prices will double or triple' drum for years now.
Even as natural gas has become more plentiful and cheap and is wiping out the domestic coal market.
He was a truck driver. His dad was likely a lineman or repairman. Neither has the required knowledge, but make all sorts of nitwit projections..
He does the 'fear and loathing' crap real well, but it's still just crap.
He still hasn't lived down his prediction of $7 gasoline - which he said would be all Obama's fault.
He has never made a correct call in the 4 years I've been here.
He's a true 'Chicken Little'. To Flake, "the sky is falling" constantly.
No matter how dumb he appears, wingnut nation (Carol and Whatever) cheers him on.
The rising cost of generation fuels, particularly natural gas, contributes to a projected increase in the residential price of electricity. EIA expects the U.S. residential price of electricity to average 12.4 cents/kWh during 2014, an increase of 2.0% from 2013. Residential electricity prices increase 2.0% during 2015.
http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/steo/report/pric...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062212 Jan 14, 2014
Outta here for a while.

Y'all have a good day.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1062213 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DemoKKKrats will be punished by the voters for screwing the middle class with ObamaKKKare...
Uh, you tried that in 2012.

It failed.

You tried hanging Benghazi on Obama in 2012.

It failed.

How's it feel to be part of that failure??

Oh yeah,you're just hoping, just as you hope Hillary won't run the table in2016.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062214 Jan 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Dozens of people from the U.S. who fought in Syria have returned home and are under FBI surveillance, but American officials fear that they haven't identified all of them, several senior officials told ABC News in interviews beginning last October.
these folks were merely following the lead of Obama in fighting on the side of Islamic terrorists...

meanwhile, middle class voters screwed by ObamaKKKare are waiting to exact their revenge on the DemoKKKrats in November...

Location hidden

#1062215 Jan 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Al Qaeda-aligned jihadi commanders in Syria screen new American arrivals in the ranks of foreign fighters to recruit those with clean passports who have the capability to conduct future operations against the West, two national security officials told ABC News.
No links, just made up words.

Imagine that. A slimy, lying hebe.

Who'd a thunk??

Level 1

Prevented this

#1062216 Jan 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>More of the Bush legacy, same as North Korea. What would you have Obama do?
Bush didn't let the sanctions drop like O'bama did. Nor did O'bama pay attention when Turkey dropped sanctions. O'bama too stupid to realize that Iran is responsible for most of the terrorism in the world, Why didn't O'bama just write a check to Iran and get it over with? Same difference. The sanctions were so devastating to Iran that they had to quit funding acts of terrorism. O'bama needs the terrorism-he likes when moslems blow up Americans.

Level 1

Prevented this

#1062217 Jan 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
For months Nutandyahoo has been referring to the interim nuclear deal with Iran, as a Munich-style surrender. So why the big uproar over the Iranian President parroting Nutandyahoo? Deflection. Anything to get the pressure off of Christie.
Only one American, Muslim convert Nicole Lynn Mansfield, 33, is known to have been killed in the Syrian war, though her daughter has insisted her mother was not a terrorist. Mansfield participated in protests against Israel in Michigan before joining combatants in Syria.
She was an Obama supporter.

Level 1

Prevented this

#1062218 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Who'd a thunk??
Several other reports of Americans killed in Syria fighting with al Qaeda-linked resistance groups have not been verified by the FBI, a spokeswoman told ABC News last week.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062219 Jan 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I always tip them as well but then they just take it off my next bill.
I don't think our pal Flack knows that utility rates and fees are approved by government agencies and a matter of public knowledge__so some guy in Florida can find out instantly what far away folks pay for electric, water etc.
Florida is more highly regulated than many others parts of the country, where consumers are free to shop among various suppliers for the generation component of their bill....so, you don't know shit about what a given customer pays....

middle class voters screwed by ObamaKKKare will throw you people out on your asses...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062220 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The rising cost of generation fuels, particularly natural gas, contributes to a projected increase in the residential price of electricity. EIA expects the U.S. residential price of electricity to average 12.4 cents/kWh during 2014, an increase of 2.0% from 2013. Residential electricity prices increase 2.0% during 2015.
leftwing politicians who try to limit fracking may severely limit natural gas supplies and increase prices....

closure of coal-fired plants means that consumers are at the mercy of natural gas prices...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062221 Jan 14, 2014
Didn't look at the clock and have a few minutes to wait before my agent will be back in the office.

Additional info on why electricity is projected to increase

"Another determining factor in electric rates will be the generation mix used in future years. The uncertainty of today’s regulatory environment makes it difficult to predict future capacity planning decisions. Costs for technologies such as those used in coal generation, which is already capital intensive, may be increased by impending greenhouse gas legislation. This would cause electricity prices to rise as coal units would have to be either replaced or updated to conform to new environmental standards. Another effect of this probable GHG legislation is the current “dash to gas”. Natural gas plants are faster to site and build than other base load generation. Realizing that natural gas also is less carbon intensive than coal, many companies are shifting this direction. However, even though the plants are relatively easy to site and cheap to build, natural gas, as a fuel source, has a history of price volatility. "
http://www.aep.com/about/IssuesAndPositions/F...

Level 1

Prevented this

#1062222 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Who'd a thunk??
all right Moslem lover, I know you hate the Jews just like usmsincemoslem does.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/syria-stateside...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062223 Jan 14, 2014
Just in...

A felony drug arrest made at Justin Beiber mansion after police search. No name of who was arrested.

Location hidden

#1062224 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in a very expensive state for electricity, and I pay .09 cents per kwh.

Using the stupid math preferred by you, that 2% increase can easily be rounded up to a doubling of the price of electricity, right?? ROFLMAO

You just made Flake appear the fool most of us know he is.

Thanks.

Sometimes your stupidity is useful.
TSM

United States

#1062225 Jan 14, 2014
What expectation should we have when we send ‘Kerry ‘an Anti-War activist to negotiate with Terrorist simply it will Fail and embolden our enemies!

Iranian president Rouhani tweeted this morning that "world powers," including the U.S., had "surrendered" to the "Iranian nation's will!’
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062226 Jan 14, 2014
Top Pentagon officials told POTUS on day one Benghazi was a terrorist attack. Didn't stop admin bs about video.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/pres...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1062227 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
But we all know guns don't kill people..........
It's people with poor impulse control who kill people..........with guns.
It's the Dweeb/Nobraina fantasy. A doddering old fool with a gun takes on a young man without one. But only after being sure the younger guy wasn't armed.
Matinee's aren't packed__moving is a person's__any person's best option. It's unfortunate that the guy's first choice was his weapon.

I've moved in theaters and always try to avoid sitting around black folks because they talk to the screen__Chris Rock has a twenty minute gig on black folks talking to movie screens__it's really true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Mueller reportedly giving up on the coll... 9 min THX Whip Cracker 10
Why do you black people hate all white people? (Jan '17) 10 min DieofCancerwhites 128
Who was going to stop slavery? 10 min MASTER WHITE 5
Is it ignorance and stupidity to say leave slav... 17 min Spinning 360 waves 2
John Conyers sexual harassment 24 min Reymundo Mejia Gu... 2
Why do people say racist white guys have sex wi... 41 min Dixieeland 74
Safety. Security. Who truly needs it? 41 min Yisraelite Suprem... 1
Why do black girls get with white guys? 57 min Dixieeland 94
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 2 hr bluestreak returns 325
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 3 hr Dixieeland 839
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 6 hr dreamhunk 36,488
More from around the web