Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264680 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1054174 Jan 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were every 5 years, that is constantly??? Really Flack.
How do the emissions in the manufacture of that battery compare to the emissions of burning gasoline for 5 years.
The naysayers claimed the Prius battery wouldn't last 5 years.
However, your primary concern with these batteries should not be their outright death, but rather a gradual drift into senescence. Lithium-ion batteries lose storage capacity over time; how long does your 5-year-old laptop battery hold a charge? This means your EV's range will decrease as it ages — and the more aggressively you drive, the faster that happens. Nissan and GM both acknowledge that their high-voltage batteries will hold less and less electricity over the years, and that their battery warranties cover only what they deem abnormal decreases in range. This means that if you buy a Leaf, which has a 100-mile range, and your commute is 50 miles each way, you might have to move in a year.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054175 Jan 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were every 5 years, that is constantly??? Really Flack.
How do the emissions in the manufacture of that battery compare to the emissions of burning gasoline for 5 years.
The naysayers claimed the Prius battery wouldn't last 5 years.
DumbDave is trying to compare Apples, Oranges and Cumquats.

Presently, comparisons between conventional ICE vehicles and EVs and Hybrids is nearly impossible on many levels. For example, the Prius uses Nickel-metal Hydride batteries which have a high self-discharge rate. IOWs, if the car is not driven daily as in an urban setting, say, there is a risk that the batteries will be dead when the owner tries driving it weeks later. However, typical Prius owners are people who use the car daily.

But this brings up efficiency comparisons that are problematic. NMH batteries are less efficient because of the self-discharge rate and because of charging inefficiencies plus the vehicle is a hybrid meaning that an ICE is also used occasionally. Toss in regenerative braking and you've got a severe puzzle trying to ferret out a reliable MPG comparison.

How much energy is lost due to self-discharge?

How much energy is lost due to charging inefficiencies?

Are these taken into consideration when rating MPG comparisons with ICE vehicles?
If not then somebody is playing with numbers like Liberals do.

Hybrids are largely used by urban drivers ion daily commute situations and in warmer climes. Using this scenario to compare against a Texan family of four in need of constant AC during Houston drives or in Alaskan -30 below temps in slush drag coefficients is a joke.

Hybrids have a niche and to use a niche product in comparisons to general vehicular use is disingenuous - to say it nicely.

All of the above is just a small sampling of DumbDave's Apples, Oranges and Cumquats comparisons.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054176 Jan 4, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have your new yawks confused.
I'll take this to mean when you use the name "new yawk" you are referring to another person?
Otherwise this renders your statement quite offensive. And out of line.
Yes. Another person.

new yawk - Chicago, IL
Post #1054147

It is EXTREMELY common for Magic Negro troops here to commandeer the avatars/names of normal folks. No offense toward you at all.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1054177 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a proud motha', alright.
new yawk wrote:

<quoted text>
You speak of African Americans as if your daughter is currently sucking one dry.
I'm a proud mother of a black in law.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 16:18
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a proud motha', alright.
I see where dem caused you and another poster some confusion by using "new yawk" screen name posting out of Latham, NY.

Understandable.** But I never post out of Latham. ONLY Buffalo and Tonawanda.

And if I wanted to bring insult or harsh words, I would use my own. And bring them myself.

Well, now you know I didn't write those posts. I also think you wise enough to have known that.

**For future reference to keep things straight.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054178 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Clown in the White House is right out of Stephen King's *It*.
Future history will mark the Magic Negro era as the one where America lost its global stature completely to China, Russia and, to smaller extents, to India, Europe - especially Eastern and S. America.
We are becoming a Kenyan Republic while the rest of humanity shoots for the Moon, Mars and beyond.
But, dam!, those free cellphones are great, eh?
When have ever cared what Russia or China thought?

How conveniently you have forgotten how the U.S. "lost its global stature" under the Bush administration. We were HATED around the world. Our approval ratings were in single digits among many of our key allies....Spain, 6%; Belgium, 8%, Germany, 8% and France, 9%.

All of those countries are now in double digits in their approval of the Obama Administration.
Spain, 42%; Belgium, 45%; Germany, 40%; France, 42%;

Get your head out of the sand. Our status around the world has skyrocketed under Obama compared to the Bush administration.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105967/us-leadersh...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/142631/worldwide-l...
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1054179 Jan 4, 2014
I know. But they cannot "commandeer" my IP. It's always Buffalo or Tonawanda, always NY.

And I took more issue with dem offending others "in my name".

I can do that very well on my own, if I choose. And with much more savvy a skill.
But I don't choose ...

**Non si preoccupi** shinning !!! Happy New Year ...!!!

**Slang translation: "Forget about it"
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Another person.
new yawk - Chicago, IL
Post #1054147
It is EXTREMELY common for Magic Negro troops here to commandeer the avatars/names of normal folks. No offense toward you at all.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054180 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. The Devil is in the details. Without any details, Bush-Bashing avoids any look at the Magic Negro.
Period.
You have become a one-trick pony that sings the Marxist National Anthem exclusively.
LMAO. That's all you are worth.
USAprior2008

Palm Coast, FL

#1054181 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How conveniently you have forgotten how the U.S. "lost its global stature" under the Bush administration. We were HATED around the world. Our approval ratings were in single digits among many of our key allies....Spain, 6%; Belgium, 8%, Germany, 8% and France, 9%.
All of those countries are now in double digits in their approval of the Obama Administration.
Get your head out of the sand. Our status around the world has skyrocketed under Obama compared to the Bush administration.
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" LOL
Oh Dat Bammy

Babylon, NY

#1054182 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Clown in the White House is right out of Stephen King's *It*.
Future history will mark the Magic Negro era as the one where America lost its global stature completely to China, Russia and, to smaller extents, to India, Europe - especially Eastern and S. America.
We are becoming a Kenyan Republic while the rest of humanity shoots for the Moon, Mars and beyond.
But, dam!, those free cellphones are great, eh?
Obammy's new teleprompter speeches are all about income inequality because he's got to get his base riled up and deflect from his ObammyCare failure.

But, shouldn't there be massive income inequality between someone with rare skills who works 70 hours a week and an unskilled part time worker? Most people say "yes" and even liberals who talk obsessively about income inequality behave as if there should be a difference.

Do you see Michael Moore, Barack Obama, or Al Gore refusing to work for more than $20 an hour because they want to show solidarity with poor workers? No, they believe they deserve their money, but those "other people" should have more of their money taken away for the common good.

If a CEO should have his pay limited, why shouldn't Michael Moore make $20 an hour?

If Barack Obama thinks fast food workers are so vitally important to the economy, why doesn't he reduce his salary to the point where he only makes as much as they do?

If Al Gore really believes in fighting for income inequality, why doesn't he refuse to make more than the guy who spends 8 hours a day saying, "Welcome to Wal-Mart?"

The real causes of lasting poverty in America are not greed, the rich, racism, America being "unfair," or any of the other excuses that you hear so often. Instead, the harsh truth that so many people don't want to hear is that if you stay poor in America, it's usually because you made bad life choices. Via Walter Williams, here's what you have to do in order to avoid poverty in America.

"Complete high school; get a job, any kind of a job; get married before having children; and be a law-abiding citizen. Among both black and white Americans so described, the poverty rate is in the single digits."

Instead of lying to destitute Americans and telling them that the rich became wealthy by stealing the money that the poor never had in the first place, why not tell people the truth? Yes, it might make some poor Americans feel bad, but do you think welfare, food stamps, and living in a housing project do wonders for people's moods?

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1054183 Jan 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to log out ' don't snow me" you old phaggot. Your still angry your daughter fks Africans.
Are you on LSD?

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#1054184 Jan 4, 2014
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey why you hiding to talk filth , don't snow me?
another mental defect on acid.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1054185 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob Reiner is 99% Mouth.
The other 1% is anybody's guess.
That reminds me of another guy who's big on oral...

"Free will doesn't involve (include, IOWs) the right to lie." ~ Drew Smith

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

...another big fan of Sam Harris, you know, the Harris that fears for his life now? I'm glad that maggot is scared. I am surprised that Drew, who prided himself so very much on his powers of logic, is fawning over someone so delusional. I suppose his urge to suck grew too strong.. ;)

Maybe it's just his obssession of opposing anything I say. Whatever.

Just as Krauss' logic fails, so too does Drew's understanding of "free" will and "free thinking".

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#1054186 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You throw the word progressive around proving your ignorance. It's just another way to call Obama a n word. Code words from the racist morons you adore on Fox News.
actually the liar of the year douchebag Ostuoida is a communist.
Is that a code word for ni***r too.?

Location hidden

#1054187 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. The Devil is in the details. Without any details, Bush-Bashing avoids any look at the Magic Negro.
Period.
You have become a one-trick pony that sings the Marxist National Anthem exclusively.
You mean like IANS and T Leary? I cannot fathom what possess people who call themselves Americans to proudly proclaim Che Guevera to be their personal, favorite "hero". It leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054188 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 1st link is from 2008 - useless

Your 2nd link shows numbers dropping across the Americas. Europe a mixed bag perhaps dropping. Asia - statistically insignificant.

...and, of course, dropping steeply across the Middle East/N. Africa where the Magic Negro supports Al Qaeda.

WTH are you trying to pull here?

You couldn't sell ice to Eskimos, Jerk.

Location hidden

#1054189 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Judges are easily bought off - and not just monetarily - to do the will of people like the Magic Negro, U.S. Constitution or no. Many judges, too, love to be allowed into a position where they can effectively legislate their political will.
Interpreting the Constitution in ways amiable to this present tyrant's wishes is a dangerous game and, like in any game, there are winners and there are losers.
So far, the American common man is the loser.
This calling everyone who opposes him a "racist" is effectively The Freedom to be Silent modus operandi. It even worked on Hillary when she hinted he wasn't a real American citizen; she backed off.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054190 Jan 4, 2014
new yawk wrote:
I know. But they cannot "commandeer" my IP. It's always Buffalo or Tonawanda, always NY.
And I took more issue with dem offending others "in my name".
I can do that very well on my own, if I choose. And with much more savvy a skill.
But I don't choose ...
**Non si preoccupi** shinning !!! Happy New Year ...!!!
**Slang translation: "Forget about it"
<quoted text>
One of my favorite all-time songs: New York, N.Y.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1054191 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. You are such a hypocrite.
Published: November 18, 2013
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration released hundreds of pages of newly declassified documents related to National Security Agency surveillance late Monday, including an 87-page ruling in which the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court first approved a program to systematically track Americans’ emails during the Bush administration....
"... a trove of documents that were declassified and made public by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in response to Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, including those by the American Civil Liberties Union and the Electronic Freedom Foundation.
"The trove also included the Bush administration’s 2006 application for initial approval by the surveillance court to collect bulk logs of all domestic phone calls under a provision of the Patriot Act that allows the collection of business records deemed “relevant” to an investigation, another program it had previously undertaken unilaterally. The call record program is still active."
"The documents show that as early as 2006, an inspector general review recommended tighter controls over the bulk telephone metadata program to reduce the risk that they would violate the limits on the collection of data. In 2009, the court would sharply rebuke the N.S.A. for violating its own procedures (during the Bush administration) and misleading the nation’s intelligence court about how it used the telephone call logs."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/us/latest-r...
Yeah, but nobody trusts this president.

His Attorney General, Eric Holder, the head of the Department of Justice, was caught red-handed confiscating personal emails and phone calls from members of the press.

And this president said he was doing a great job.

At least we were still in Kansas under Bush.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1054192 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Judges are easily bought off - and not just monetarily - to do the will of people like the Magic Negro, U.S. Constitution or no. Many judges, too, love to be allowed into a position where they can effectively legislate their political will.
Interpreting the Constitution in ways amiable to this present tyrant's wishes is a dangerous game and, like in any game, there are winners and there are losers.
So far, the American common man is the loser.
Apparently so. But the Attorney General, himself, Eric Holder, personally signed off on the warrant that allowed the Justice Department to search Fox News reporter James Rosen's personal email without just cause.

And he's the top of the heap when it comes to upholding the law. Not that much of a stretch to think liberal judges would do the same. In a heartbeat. When they know they won't be held accountable either.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1054193 Jan 4, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That reminds me of another guy who's big on oral...
"Free will doesn't involve (include, IOWs) the right to lie." ~ Drew Smith
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
...another big fan of Sam Harris, you know, the Harris that fears for his life now? I'm glad that maggot is scared. I am surprised that Drew, who prided himself so very much on his powers of logic, is fawning over someone so delusional. I suppose his urge to suck grew too strong.. ;)
Maybe it's just his obssession of opposing anything I say. Whatever.
Just as Krauss' logic fails, so too does Drew's understanding of "free" will and "free thinking".
"Free will doesn't involve the right to lie." is about as convoluted a statement as one can get. This is Alice In Wonderland stuff.

It's almost as bad as "You didn't build that" or "If you like your doctor, you can keep him"

Maybe Drew has his feet in the macro world with his head stuck in the quantum where logic wears different clothing.

Drew sometimes travels with the Magic Negro to the 57th State.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump explains why there won't be anothe... 7 min Synque 25
Sir Jethro is a biracial woman that despise bla... 8 min THX00451 2
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 10 min African AE 5,522
Barros reveals his ethnicity 12 min African AE 297
Why do Nigerian men target American women to ch... (Aug '12) 16 min Fred 290
News Locals say southern flag not a threat 21 min Lupe 84
Why are Hispanics usually ugly? (Jul '11) 22 min Guest 483
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Believer 35,047
BW are evil, devious, vindictive and WM can hav... 1 hr Mister Please 131
Black men are Gods 1 hr rebel111 74