Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1036640 Dec 7, 2013
With the Dec. 23 deadline to have health insurance in place by Jan. 1, the California exchange has been struggling with a surge of applicants, and consumers are getting frustrated with long wait times.

The state opted to provide additional help by giving the names of tens of thousands of consumers to 7,700 insurance agents who are trained and certified in the enrollment process. Some people are upset about a government agency providing names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses if available to an outside person without their permission or knowledge.

Covered California has signed up nearly 80,000 people in private health plans and an additional 140,000 people qualified for expanded Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/calif-heal...

Jon

United States

#1036641 Dec 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
With the Dec. 23 deadline to have health insurance in place by Jan. 1, the California exchange has been struggling with a surge of applicants, and consumers are getting frustrated with long wait times.
The state opted to provide additional help by giving the names of tens of thousands of consumers to 7,700 insurance agents who are trained and certified in the enrollment process. Some people are upset about a government agency providing names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses if available to an outside person without their permission or knowledge.
Covered California has signed up nearly 80,000 people in private health plans and an additional 140,000 people qualified for expanded Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/calif-heal...
140,000 Medicaid which are no-pay and then 80,000 heavily subsidized payers, assuming your numbers are correct then it's obvious those numbers are going to be a huge cost to the American Taxpayer. What happened to the promise this wasn't going to cost one penny in additional taxes? Or the promise the average savings to consumers would be $2500 per year per family?

Perhaps those promises went the same place as the promise if you like your insurance you can keep it and the other promise that you like your doctors and hospitals, clinics you can keep them?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1036642 Dec 7, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
SO FUNNY!
HA HA HA HA HA
LOL!
Oh yeah carol,
Blue Cross is going to run out of doctors!
Blue Cross is going to run out of hospitals!
LOL!
Right on the site thousands and thousands of doctors,
healthcare.gov
NATIONAL NETWORK: BLUE CROSS MEDICAL INSURANCE...
$51 per month for one person.
Republicans are liars and crazy.
Have fun byytch slapping a few for me!
LOL!
IN YOUR FACE:...$51 PER MONTH! ACA!
Let's see how much of a Laughing Hyena you are the morning after the next two elections, libtard.

A loser like you on welfare might get a handout where it costs $51 a month, but the 27 year old who makes 40K per year and is forced to pay $8000 (looked it up at accesshealthct) a year won't be laughing.

The only thing you will have done is made the 27 year old a Republican voter for life.

Baawwahhhhhhh!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1036643 Dec 7, 2013
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
140,000 Medicaid which are no-pay and then 80,000 heavily subsidized payers, assuming your numbers are correct then it's obvious those numbers are going to be a huge cost to the American Taxpayer. What happened to the promise this wasn't going to cost one penny in additional taxes? Or the promise the average savings to consumers would be $2500 per year per family?
Perhaps those promises went the same place as the promise if you like your insurance you can keep it and the other promise that you like your doctors and hospitals, clinics you can keep them?
A person like USAsince1680 has no principles or ethics so she does not care that Obama lied repeatedly to the American people to deceive then so he could get Obamacare passed and win his second term.

You will get no response on that subject from her.
LCNLin

United States

#1036644 Dec 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
A person like USAsince1680 has no principles or ethics so she does not care that Obama lied repeatedly to the American people to deceive then so he could get Obamacare passed and win his second term.
You will get no response on that subject from her.
Check out hourly, 7 day and 14 day forecasts along with up to the minute news,

videos and insider insights for Windsor, ON, CA.... Current Weather. Next Update
in ...
LCNLin

United States

#1036645 Dec 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how much of a Laughinyena you are the morning after the next two elections, libtard.
A loser like you on welfare might get a handout where it costs $51 a month, but the 27 year old who makes 40K per year and is forced to pay $80 (looked it up at accesshealthct) a year won't be laughing.
The only thing you will have done is made the 27 year old a Republican voter for life.
Baawwahhhhhhh!!!!!
Spring training starts in about two months. But the Red Sox may already be done assembling the team that will defend their World Series championship.

In a span of four days, the Red Sox signed three free agents: catcher A.J. Pierzynski, righthanded reliever Edward Mujica and first baseman Mike Napoli. That filled the biggest gaps on the roster.

“The way team stacks up right now, we’ve gotten some stuff done and we think that if Opening Day was tomorrow we’d be in pretty good shape,” general manager Ben Cherington said on Saturday.“It’s not, so we’ll keep working.

“There are things that we could do. There are some things we’d like to do, to pursue. There’s still the flexibility and means to do that.”

The Red Sox seem comfortable with the idea of using Xander Bogaerts at shortstop and Jackie Bradley Jr. in center field.

Cherington said the Sox could afford to be “opportunistic” with their moves now. That could mean trading from their surplus of starting pitchers or a deep pool of prospects. But the idea of signing a high-profile free agent such as outfielder Shin-Soo Choo seems unlikely.

The return of Napoli on a two-year,$32 million deal on Friday brought the Sox close to the $189 million payroll line that would trigger baseball’s competitive balance tax. Cherington would prefer the Red Sox enter the season with the financial flexibility to make trades when needs arise.

Cherington said the Sox would like to add an infielder “of some kind” who could play on the left side of the diamond.

“Whether it would be a more prominent player or more of a complementary player, I‘m not sure on that yet. We’ll see what happens,” he said.“That’s probably something we’d be looking for.”

The Red Sox remain open to the idea of bringing back shortstop Stephen Drew. But that would probably hinge on Drew not being able to find a long-term deal elsewhere.

One area of the team that seems clearly settled is the bullpen. The trade for righthander Burke Badenhop and the signing of Mujica gave the Red Sox ample depth.

Mujica agreed to a two-year,$9.5 million deal on Thursday that includes the potential for up to $1 million in incentives each season based on how many games he finishes.

Mujica, 29, saved 37 games for the Cardinals last season before a groin strain and a neck injury led to a late-season demotion and only two appearances in the postseason.

“I had some injuries in the beginning of September with my groin. I was trying to get it done and get it ready,” Mujica said during a conference call.

The Red Sox see Mujica as being a viable late-inning option who could fill-in as closer if Koji Uehara needs a break. When Cherington called, Mujica was open to the idea.

“He told me,‘We got Koji, we got [Junichi] Tazawa and a couple of more guys. But you did a pretty good during the season and we need a guy like you to back them up,’” Mujica said.“I’m so happy to do that job.”
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1036646 Dec 7, 2013
Waitress who claimed couple didn't tip her because she's gay is fired
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1036647 Dec 7, 2013
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1036648 Dec 7, 2013
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1036649 Dec 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how much of a Laughing Hyena you are the morning after the next two elections, libtard.
A loser like you on welfare might get a handout where it costs $51 a month, but the 27 year old who makes 40K per year and is forced to pay $8000 (looked it up at accesshealthct) a year won't be laughing.
Baawwahhhhhhh!!!!!
The idiot keeps clicking his heels together thinking it will make what he is posting true.

Unfortunately anyone can go to the website put in a state and an age and realize it is a dumb LIE easily debunked.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1036650 Dec 7, 2013
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that the 'average' savings per family isn't $2500. Prove that the Affordable Care Act isn't reducing the national debt. Until you can, all you are doing is parroting reich wing media propaganda. You've got nothing.
dumbdem

Palm Coast, FL

#1036651 Dec 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that the 'average' savings per family isn't $2500. Prove that the Affordable Care Act isn't reducing the national debt. Until you can, all you are doing is parroting reich wing media propaganda. You've got nothing.
obamaliarpantsonfirefckfacefor sure say what? LOL

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1036652 Dec 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or any of the vile sht cast towards lily, leo, and Jean who's not even here anymore.
Used to come to Lily's defense. But she didn't take my advise to stop asking for the abuse. She was sometimes just as vile herself so I stopped trying.

And why you and that other poster are so upset about shinning using the word "negro" is beyond me. If Harry Reid can call Obama a "negro", why can't anyone else?

It's not a word I would use. But the #1 liberal in the Senate didn't see anything wrong with it.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1036655 Dec 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Total bullsht. A few family doctors have stopped accepting anything other than cash.
They won't be missed.
You haven't a clue as to how the health care industry actually operates.
You're a moron!
This past Saturday in Minneapolis, a group of doctors held an innovative conference on how to run their medical practices without insurance. According to ABC News, this trend of ditching insurance altogether is creating a lot of interest, and a lot of controversy.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3125938.shtml

Maybe you should look things up first. Just friendly advise.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1036656 Dec 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If not given a major overhaul or repealed, the face of health care will change dramatically.
Liberals have no idea what lies ahead. Then again, they never look. It's not that hard to see what's just down the road.
They're probably texting or something. Like those people who fall into a fountain in a mall. They're just as surprised as liberals.
So... bushie boy knew what was going to happen at the end of 2008?

That explains why he didn't seem to care!

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1036657 Dec 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Total bullsht. A few family doctors have stopped accepting anything other than cash.
They won't be missed.
You haven't a clue as to how the health care industry actually operates.
You're a moron!
At the physician's conference on "direct pay" health care held for local doctors in Minneapolis, Maya Babu, a neurosurgery resident in Rochester who attended Saturday's conference, said she likes what she hears.

She said she does worry about how patients who develop chronic or costly illnesses would cope, but also sees direct pay as the future.

"I think you'll see more doctors heading in this way, where they're really kind of striking it out on their own," Babu said.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3125938.shtml

You might also reconsider calling me a moron all the time seeing this is becoming a pattern - having to prove you wrong, I mean.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1036658 Dec 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
For the first time in my life, I met some donkeys in person a few years back and I was blown away. The two that I happened to meet were Christmas gifts to a little girl from her father. She kept telling him she wanted a donkey for Christmas and you know how fathers are; he got her two. Actually, the seller stipulated that they be sold only together because they were buddies from birth and the owner didn't have the heart to break them up.
They are very intelligent and affectionate. If I could afford it, I would have a few around here, too.
So I'm somewhat uncomfortable making a comparison between the Magic Negro and a donkey. I like donkeys too much to do that unthinkingly....
Spoken like a true animal lover. Can't resist loving donkeys myself.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1036659 Dec 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot keeps clicking his heels together thinking it will make what he is posting true.
Unfortunately anyone can go to the website put in a state and an age and realize it is a dumb LIE easily debunked.
He is just a little dumb NAZI brown shirter and really doesn't know any better. A useful idiot for Democrats.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1036660 Dec 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem calling Obama the lying POS a jive-ass punk.
I also have no problem pointing out you are a pathetic loser.
Feel better now dirtbag?
lol! you ruskies never do son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1036661 Dec 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the dumb liberal...
lol! And yet, and American son!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 6 min Undisputed Facts 115,089
WILL E LYNCH may be more than a USERNAME war... 13 min Imgreat 2
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 25 min God loves Whites 123,631
News Race motive seen in delay to vote in Loretta Ly... 25 min DRX 27
How many people have you met here at topix and... 25 min Imgreat 2
Why do Afrocentrists obsess over Egypt and NON-... (Nov '12) 26 min dkanela 7,691
Bye Bye Black Men- A Race of Failures head to e... 28 min Imgreat 11
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 43 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 32,499
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 2 hr busted 725
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 4 hr Moorspeaks 6,669
More from around the web