Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1744879 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1034525 Dec 3, 2013
Cyber Monday...websites...

"Cyber Monday sales surge to new record"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/12/03...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1034527 Dec 3, 2013
"Obama: A disaster for civil liberties
He may prove the most disastrous president in our history in terms of civil liberties."

Level 1

Location hidden

#1034528 Dec 3, 2013
Cyber Monday...

can the ACA website do this:
8.5 million page views per minute...

"According to Akamai Technologies, traffic to online retail sites topped 8.5 million page views per minute on what has become known as “Cyber Monday,” just before 9pm Eastern Time. That peak was the largest retail traffic spike in history,"

http://readwrite.com/2012/11/28/cyber-monday-...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1034530 Dec 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The compensation IS NOT TEMPORARY. Only the 100% reimbursement is temporary..three years. After that, the compensation is set to never be less than 90%. The ACA is not funded by tax payer dollars.
Eighty five percent of the people signing up are signing up for Medicaid,tax payers pay for Medicaid.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1034531 Dec 3, 2013
Amazon.com

35 million visits on Cyber Monday...

http://readwrite.com/2012/11/28/cyber-monday-...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1034532 Dec 3, 2013
Priorities...

Microsoft sells 750,000 Xboxes on CyberMonday?

How many people bought insurance through the ACA website on CYBER Monday?
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1034533 Dec 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>But... that's not what their handlers said! And they only rely on their handlers!
This from the group who still swears their main handler didn't lie.
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1034535 Dec 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>But... that's not what their handlers said! And they only rely on their handlers!
Did DumbfckDave really claim that the "ACA prohibits the board from rationing healthcare?"

Really?

LMAO!

OK, we all believe that one. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034536 Dec 3, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen Obama's job approval rating?
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/
Last month, Pew Research: 65% Disapprove of Obama's Handling of Economy

Last week, Gallup poll: 54% of Americans disapprove of new law; up from 49% in late August.

Those numbers will change again after the first of the year when millions more lose employer-based coverage.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1034538 Dec 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
"Obama: A disaster for civil liberties
He may prove the most disastrous president in our history in terms of civil liberties."
a continuation of Bush policies wasn't such a good idea?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1034539 Dec 3, 2013
How can we stand by while Democrats destroy our freedoms?

Democrats will be having the Federal Government give our tax dollars to the companies Democrats have been calling greedy evil HMO's for the last three decades. The payments will be based on estimates from the "greedy" HMO's.

Why should we allow criminals like Obama who lies to us and abuses his power to stay in office?

I have a feeling 2014 will be the beginning of the end of Obama and liberalism (communism by Democrats).

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1034540 Dec 3, 2013
YesItIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Americans will not be able to afford the new health care because the deductibles are way to high . People will be paying 100% for doctor office visits and more till they reach the 3 , 4 or 5 thousand dollar deductible while still paying premiums . If you do not get insurance you will have to pay a fine . But many illegals have signed up and are going to get free medicaid . One million have signed up in Texas alone . The Government is going to take your money and give it to the criminals who are here illegally . Make no mistake our country is under attack .
We need to get a bunch of Americans together and go down to Senator Bill Nelsons office and get some answers . We can no longer depend on the criminals in our crooked government to work for the American people .
Unfortunately, we're just going to have ride this out until the law implodes upon itself.

Only then will people start listening to voices of reason again.

Right now, the polls aren't bad enough and too many people are still hanging on to Obama's impossible dream.

He's like the modern-day Don Quixote confusing windmills with reality and liberals still find that noble.

ObamaCare will have to destroy itself. Nothing can change that at this point. What happens after it does is anyone's guess.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1034541 Dec 3, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the group who still swears their main handler didn't lie.
Obama was out again today pleading with his base to get the word out about his new law.

As Dana Perino said today, we've heard enough words and enough talking and not enough action.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1034542 Dec 3, 2013
Obama Drops The Hammer on Republicans and Shatters Their Obamacare Repeal Fantasy

"Look, I’ve always said that I will work with anybody to implement and improve this law effectively. If you got good ideas, bring ‘em to me. Let’s go. But we’re not repealing it as long as I am president. I want everybody to be clear about that."

President Obama is going to be in the White House for three more years, and he is not going to budge an inch on the ACA. The president was calling out the Republicans on two different levels. He was shattering their fantasy that they can repeal the ACA if they take back the Senate in 2014, and he was challenging Republicans to offer an alternative on healthcare.

Republicans don’t want to offer an alternative on healthcare, because then they will be forced to admit that their alternative is to do nothing. President Obama’s remarks today suggest that Democrats feel like the momentum is shifting back to them on healthcare. The numbers are coming in, and it is clear that the ACA is working.

Remember how the media and Republicans said that the ACA website had doomed the Obama presidency? Not so much. Obama doesn’t look like a president in crisis now.

President Obama has the high ground, and he’s smashing the delusions of the ACA’s opponents.

Give it up, Republicans. Repeal is never going to happen.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/03/obama-...

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1034543 Dec 3, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Gore would have waged a war on Iraq?
What would Gore have done to prevent 9/11? That Clinton didn't do less than eight months earlier?

What would Gore have done after 9/11?

Would Gore have taken the correct action to prevent another attack?

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1034545 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama said Tuesday the troubled Affordable Care Act website is now "working well for the vast majority of users" and vowed to fight continued Republican efforts to strip away the law's protections.
"Now, we may never satisfy the law's opponents, I think that's fair to say," Obama said in White House remarks intended to move news coverage away from problems with the website to the 2010 health law's promises of affordable health coverage for millions of Americans.
"Some of them are rooting for this law to fail -- that's not my opinion, by the way, they say it pretty explicitly," the president said. "Some have already convinced themselves that the law has failed, regardless of the evidence."
haha...it's already failed.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1034546 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Drops The Hammer on Republicans and Shatters Their Obamacare Repeal Fantasy
"Look, I’ve always said that I will work with anybody to implement and improve this law effectively. If you got good ideas, bring ‘em to me. Let’s go. But we’re not repealing it as long as I am president. I want everybody to be clear about that."
President Obama is going to be in the White House for three more years, and he is not going to budge an inch on the ACA. The president was calling out the Republicans on two different levels. He was shattering their fantasy that they can repeal the ACA if they take back the Senate in 2014, and he was challenging Republicans to offer an alternative on healthcare.
Republicans don’t want to offer an alternative on healthcare, because then they will be forced to admit that their alternative is to do nothing. President Obama’s remarks today suggest that Democrats feel like the momentum is shifting back to them on healthcare. The numbers are coming in, and it is clear that the ACA is working.
Remember how the media and Republicans said that the ACA website had doomed the Obama presidency? Not so much. Obama doesn’t look like a president in crisis now.
President Obama has the high ground, and he’s smashing the delusions of the ACA’s opponents.
Give it up, Republicans. Repeal is never going to happen.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/03/obama-...
lol...i guess we can start calling him Cleopatra.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1034547 Dec 3, 2013
killtaker wrote:
what do eleven year olds do for fun these days?
"11-Year-Old & 14-Year-Old Try To Rob Wal-Mart Shopper At Knifepoint"
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/12/02/wal-...
The Magic Negro: "...I think it’s going to be important for all of us to do some soul-searching."

Keep searching, azzhole.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1034548 Dec 3, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Progressives have their Priorities...
'Running up the tab: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown'
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/...
Mooschelle: " Let them eat cake, welfare cheese and chitlins"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1034549 Dec 3, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Gubbymint shutdown and what spending cuts...
'State Department Buys Million Dollar Granite Sculpture from Irish-Born Artist'
"At the end of September, the federal government's fiscal year was drawing to a close, the threat of a shut down was increasing, and the State Department was shopping for art. Four contracts were awarded in the last two weeks of September, including $1,000,000 for a granite sculpture by Irish-born artist Sean Scully to be installed at the new U.S. Embassy in London. Notice of the awards was posted Sunday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend on the Federal Business Opportunities website."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/state-dep...
... blame Bush...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren to black voters: 'All our fights are int... 2 min Happy Midterm Dem 10
sow chimpout over wrong food order. Pepper spr... 8 min Ugly monkeys 1
"Demon possession" - Is it real? 10 min Barros 28
Other cultures and their traditional dress 18 min Barros 7
'Sperminator' many fathered 26 kids in Target ... 29 min Yisraelite Suprem... 27
Dontae Morris!! A real African American hero! 1 hr Dan Snow 1
'Amazing Racist' Barbara Bush TROLLED 1 hr BillyDbigballer 32
Africa's Greatness ENRAGES the Alt-Right Haters... 1 hr BillyDbigballer 59
Troop, What Does White Pride Represent To You? 9 hr Barros 24
This White Man Is About To Bathe His Dogs 9 hr SlayWithTheTruth 25
Starbucks Hate Victims Speak Out 15 hr Paul 99