Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029821 Nov 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes...Obama surrendered again to the Putin-Iran-Syrian coalition...
the goal was to destroy Assad's WMD capabilities, not get involved in a civil war.

was that or was it not done???

the goal with Iran was to stop its nuclear program, correct? are we not on the path to doing that?

Face Bozo, we are not the rulers of the world. we have to work together to achieve some goals.

President George H.W. Bush understood that and Operation Desert Storm was a huge success.

People like President George "Dumbya" Bush, Billy Crystal and you don't understand that and never will. That is why Operation Iraqi freedom was a huge failure, blew up into a monumental fiasco and cost us $3 trillion.

Fortunately President Obama understands the need to work with our allies and his foreign policy has been successful
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029822 Nov 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when the left says "debunked" it means that they disagree, but have no proof...
Obviously
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029823 Nov 24, 2013
Dr Period wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah's fantasies also continue to escalate...Period.
Of course they're fantasies to you son.

Only your reality exists between your ears!
Helene

Agassiz, Canada

#1029824 Nov 24, 2013
Barakakak!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1029826 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really
Hmmm
Aren't they destroying Syria's chemical/biological weapons right now along with the production facilities...and guess what, it was done without us having to send in military troops or spend trillions of dollars?
Libya-wasn't a terrorists sponsoring dictator disposed without invading?
Egypt-wasn't a brutal dictator disposed and Egypt's first free elections held in decades again without our intervention?
Iran geee, Iran is going to allow weapons inspectors in and downgrade their 20% enriched uranium and stop their nuclear program,
ALL OF THESE EVENTS OCCURRED WITHOUT OUR MILITARY INTERVENING
Let me guess, you consider anything a failure that doesn't include putting our troops in harm's way and the loss of U.S. lives
Again Obama’s failures whether Diplomatic or Military he’s Failed!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029827 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
LOS ANGELES – The Auto Show is under way in Los Angeles, an annual showcase for all the newest ways technology is influencing car design. What not too long ago seemed like extravagant, luxury options may soon be showing up on dashboards as standard features. The car of the future could be just a few short years away.
It's a major theme at this year's L.A. Auto Show: cars with brains.
"Now with the E and the S class we have a car that can actually steer itself," said Bart Herring of Mercedes Benz.
Mercedes uses radar, sonar and infrared sensors along with two video cameras to help the vehicle "see" the road ahead, enabling the car to react much more quickly than the driver. A commercial says, "It can stop itself if it has to!"
But collision-avoidance technology, once confined to luxury cars, is going mainstream.
Subaru's Dominick Infante says its new system may soon be standard equipment in the United States. He says the technology has been common in Japan for almost a decade. If the driver doesn't hit the brakes on time, the system will do it.
"It's an unusual feeling as it takes over, but I'll tell you, as long as you have faith in it, it will stop the car," Infante said.
This year, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety added something new to its crash tests: a category called crash avoidance. In a test conducted at 25 mph, Subaru got top marks.
Auto Tech journalist Doug Newcomb says that with so many distractions on the road, "drivers become complacent."
"And that's the whole idea behind the technology is to look out for them when they're not paying attention," he said.
The technology is not intended to completely take over for the driver, but it can take some of the load off.
Mercedes has a model that can halt and start itself in stop-and-go traffic.
"That's really one more step to the ability to have autonomous driving," Herring said.
A spage-age dream may soon be a reality.
"We're a lot closer to cards driving themselves than a lot of people imagine," said Newcomb.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Flying cars not that far away.
how many people really want a car that drives itself???....

Galt sees enormous liabilities for the automakers...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029828 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you are so clueless as to think a heavy Dem city will not vote for Rand.
Really?
The rest of your post was an idiotic attempt to change the subject rather than address directly what was said and deleted from my response.
lol! All you're really doing son is showing that cons can't think and just run down party lines while non cons can think.

It's pretty arrogant for anyone to claim no other party will win in 'their' state.... not to mention idiotic!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029829 Nov 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been linked numerous times before by other posters.
I've learned that doing liberals' homework for them keeps them from ever learning anything for themselves.
But since I've seen them myself, maybe you should look into it further yourself.
I've learned you like to have non cons do your homework for you to support your talking points.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1029830 Nov 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunked by who? Homer?
"Carol"
Speaking of the liberal loon, "homo". Here is a sketch of an average day in the life of "homo";
Wakes up, scratches balls, turns on TV
Watches Yogi and then switches over to watch Sex and the City
Gets up eats breakfast, a day old sandwich
Goes back to bed and watches an episode of The Kardashians
Gets back up and gets dressed
Drives to dollars store where he exclaims over the high quality products the sell, while bitching about the high prices
Stops for lunch at The Dive where he sucks down a few sissy beers
Has the beer and then advises the server he has no money for a tip
Drives home listening to a tape of the Ed Show
Eats supper that he pocked up at the food bank
Watches madcow rant and rave, it always gets his tool up
Has a few more beers
Goes to bed, scratches balls
Watches more msnbc with visions of madcow dancing thru his head
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029831 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
Nelville Kerry on CNN spouting off about this deal he thinks he has. Blind leading the blind. I say we will hear a big boom coming from Iran soon. One of two sources. Either Iran explodes the bomb or Israel explodes Iran. These idiots are playing with matches in a powder keg.
agreed...Iran will develop nuclear weapons regardless of any deal...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029832 Nov 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but they did. Romney had many very doable and practical "fixes" to jobs and the economy.
Liberals were too busy fighting wars on other Americans.
lol! I know. His operative word was 'opportunity.'

That was the extent of his 'plan.'
Naah

Palm Coast, FL

#1029833 Nov 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course they're fantasies to you son.
Only your reality exists between your ears!
The reality existing between my ears, daughter, is that you are still being sucked in by the ObamaLies...making one of the dwindling still stupid in the USA. LOL
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029834 Nov 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just indicative of Obama's shady and murky past.
Wouldn't you get a little suspicious about your past if you found nude pictures of your mother in the possession of a "very close friend of the family"?
I know I would.
You were asked earlier by another poster to provide those links.

It would appear you lied.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1029835 Nov 24, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
Surely you jest? You run off "John Galt"? I enjoy his posts, thou I must say we do disagree on a number of items. He is of the opinion all police are crooks and liars. It maybe he has had some bad experiences with them. We disagree on abortion/murder but I never get the feeling he is demonizing me. If republican's expect to win races they will concentrate in areas where they can make a difference, the economy, the way president nobama is gutting our military and stay away from social issues, abortion/murder, gay marriage, issues that turn off many citizens.
"John Galt" will be back and posting as he sees fit. He does not seem to hold a grudge he just speaks his mind and will continue to do so. If someone's feelings get hurt due to his posts his feeling is so be it.
Peace
He and I recently disagreed on a trial. I said my piece. He said his. End of story.

I like that the non-Progressives don't have to walk in step on everything like all the Progs do here and else where. That isn't normal and an indication they have been struck dumb with starry eyed Obama groupie syndrome.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029836 Nov 24, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Odumbocare is his Waterloo. He knows it, the dumocrats in congress know it, and all the leftist phags here know it too.
After all those insurance cancellations roll out in the first part of 2014, he wont be able to bum so much as a stick of gum for the remainder of his term......
yellow-tailed wolfie kidney son? it's a vile 7 days old!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029837 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be a funny hyperbole except Progressive morons did blame hurricanes on Bush.
So, joining your sides circus and illogic- how can you say anything else this time?
When did anyone blame hurricanes on bushie boy son?

YOu're really going off the deep end!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029838 Nov 24, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
And her dill-does long and black.......
is that what yellow tailed wolfies like you eat son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029839 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That was truly a dumb post. The Progressives continually blame weather events on the other party and you confirmed it.
Some comments at the time...
Sheehan: Casey Says Bush Caused Katrina
Did George Bush Cause Hurricane Katrina?
My statement was right on.
lol! It certainly does exist between your ears son!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029840 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
Solar-powered plane flying across US lands in Washington DC
Voyage by Solar Impulse – the first to fly by night as well as day – is designed to showcase clean energy technology
People like you probably laughed at
The Wright Brothers
Thomas Edison
Billy Mitchell
Henry Ford
Charles Oppenheimer
President Kennedy when he said we would put a man on the Moon
who is "Charles Oppenheimer"?...your Kosher butcher in Elmont?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029841 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we looking at nude pictures of Obama's momma?
lol! Why are you if you're asking they be debunked son?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are welfare benefits ending 2 min Sound mind 5
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 min African AE 118,607
In the Post-USA world Africans will lead with t... 3 min Cannibal 11
Africa, Russia, South America vs Europe, Asia, USA 4 min Ingwe Temujin 25
Why do Black People Always Call White People In... (Oct '13) 7 min YIM 14
Whites afraid their culture could become extinct ? 9 min Ingwe Temujin 8
Why do gay black men love white men so much =) (Jan '09) 9 min Sierra 358
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 27 min INFIDEL 1,241
FREE RIDDIMS DOWNLOADS (Riddims from the year 1... (Jan '13) 1 hr champion 35
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Gmoney 33,174