Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232043 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028360 Nov 21, 2013
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) The so-called “Knockout Game” is moving its way across cities like Chicago and St. Louis, with teens allegedly challenging each other to approach a stranger and punch them unconscious while filming it and later sharing it on sites like You Tube.

But one case in Lansing allegedly brought it a whole new level.

A man told a local news affiliate there he was waiting at a bus stop this summer with his 8-year-old daughter when — bam — he was hit. But it wasn’t just by an angry fist.

“He shoved something into my side,” the alleged victim said, adding “I wasn’t sure what it was, it had some force to it.”

It turned out to be a Taser, a device that sends an electrical charge through its victim’s body, rendering them momentarily helpless.

“He thinks he’s getting stabbed or robbed or something,” Lansing Police Department public information officer Robert Merritt told CBS Detroit.

This intended victim, though, was armed. He pulled out his legally obtained .40 caliber pistol and shot Marvell Weaver in the buttocks. Not seriously injured, Weaver, 17, was charged and sentenced to one year behind bars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028361 Nov 21, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Many do do not/did not serve. But the folks you mentioned do not detest the military and they do not plan to gut it as president nobama does.
Peace
KMA
but Eed, don't you give Obama any credit for sissifying the military, making it more sensitive and homosexual-friendly?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028362 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever strokes your ego -LOL.
You should stroke that for a change son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028363 Nov 21, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Many do do not/did not serve. But the folks you mentioned do not detest the military and they do not plan to gut it as president nobama does.
Peace
KMA
Funny. Even the military knows they need to shrink.

Only reich wing nuts want to increase it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1028364 Nov 21, 2013
Liberal insanity...

Phoebe Connolly, who was punched in the face and laughed at by a group of teenagers playing the random and sometimes fatal “Knockout” game in the obscenely terrible neighborhood of Columbia Heights in Washington, D.C., appeared with Greta Van Susteren Wednesday night to describe her ordeal.

At the end of her segment, Connolly used her platform to ramble on in a ridiculous, naive and distinctly Gen-Y speech about the importance of youth programs.

“I ultimately, I’ve moved past it and I really have no hard feelings about what has happened. And I just see it as another reason why we need to better support our youth with activities and youth programs, which is actually what I do for work, and it’s great to see teenagers do incredible things when they’re supported and empowered,” Connolly said.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1028365 Nov 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but Eed, don't you give Obama any credit for sissifying the military, making it more sensitive and homosexual-friendly?
If they ever wanted to revive "ALL IN THE FAMILY" they could do no better than pick you as Archie Bunker just playing yourself, no script needed.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028366 Nov 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! So bushie boy's idea of making it 'manly' was getting them killed!

No son. It doesn't work that way.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028367 Nov 21, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they ever wanted to revive "ALL IN THE FAMILY" they could do no better than pick you as Archie Bunker just playing yourself, no script needed.
*groan*

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1028368 Nov 21, 2013
DumbSince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying giving testimony is a criminal offense. Was Clinton impeached, idiot? Why was Clinton disbarred?
Because you Democrats are liars.
Clinton has that on his record.
Liar.
I know when I'm dealing with a bona fide nutcase. You go right ahead and believe whatever you want...truth be damned.
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1028369 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know when I'm dealing with a bona fide nutcase. You go right ahead and believe whatever you want...truth be damned.
As you direct us to ' whitehouse.gov ' for the truth.

LOL
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1028370 Nov 21, 2013
We ALL Knew Obama Was Lying

While appearing on Sunday's edition of ABC's "This Week," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., admitted Democrats in the Senate knew Obama lied when he said Americans could keep their insurance, but that was apparently secondary to women's health issues.

"Do you feel misled by Obama?" Martha Raddatz asked.

Gillibrand responsed by saying that Obama "should have been more specific."

"So were you misled?" Raddatz asked in a follow-up.

"No," Gillibrand said. "We all knew."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028371 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to forgive him.

He suffers from an identity crisis.

He can never tell who he wants to be when he's formulating an attack. Apparently he just can't stand himself!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028372 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, keep it up. Keep thinking everyone is nuts and jealous of you. It is working so will for you.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028373 Nov 21, 2013
Why does texass hate women?
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1028374 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
*groan*
OzRitz sure has the ol' flamethrower out tonight, huh? LOL
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028375 Nov 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Liberal insanity...
Phoebe Connolly, who was punched in the face and laughed at by a group of teenagers playing the random and sometimes fatal “Knockout” game in the obscenely terrible neighborhood of Columbia Heights in Washington, D.C., appeared with Greta Van Susteren Wednesday night to describe her ordeal.
At the end of her segment, Connolly used her platform to ramble on in a ridiculous, naive and distinctly Gen-Y speech about the importance of youth programs.
“I ultimately, I’ve moved past it and I really have no hard feelings about what has happened. And I just see it as another reason why we need to better support our youth with activities and youth programs, which is actually what I do for work, and it’s great to see teenagers do incredible things when they’re supported and empowered,” Connolly said.
Good grief. It is wrong. A few in juvy may convince them this if they cannot understand. We do not have to pay them to stop hitting people.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028376 Nov 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
We ALL Knew Obama Was Lying
While appearing on Sunday's edition of ABC's "This Week," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., admitted Democrats in the Senate knew Obama lied when he said Americans could keep their insurance, but that was apparently secondary to women's health issues.
"Do you feel misled by Obama?" Martha Raddatz asked.
Gillibrand responsed by saying that Obama "should have been more specific."
"So were you misled?" Raddatz asked in a follow-up.
"No," Gillibrand said. "We all knew."
The biggest fraud the citizens of this nation has experienced.

Unbelievable arrogance by Gillibrand-they really believe we serve them not that they serve us!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028377 Nov 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
OzRitz sure has the ol' flamethrower out tonight, huh? LOL
LOL, he is not very good at it.

Maybe he could use a joke site.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028378 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest fraud the citizens of this nation has experienced.
Unbelievable arrogance by Gillibrand-they really believe we serve them not that they serve us!
wow. so bushie boy getting the world to back him against Saddam is dwarfed?

Reich wing thinking is certainly incongruous with reality!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1028379 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, he is not very good at it.
Maybe he could use a joke site.
lol! Well gee son! That's why I like to say I love this comedy channel!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Christ was a black Jew. Double low Race f... 27 min alex 90
REPARATION TIME $$cha ching$$ 27 min N Hater 288
White lady breaks her silence about black men!!! 27 min Claire Gentry 91
In Match.com, 98% of WW is looking for WM ONLY (Jan '13) 29 min Jax 441
Do white people hate Asian or black people more? 40 min alex 71
Where is the white American board? 47 min Eura Phagg 1
Is Not So Divine Ms M an ancient robot? 47 min Broken Synthesis 8
New name for the USA. 50 min Broken Synthesis 106
why do white people hate other races so much 1 hr Broken Synthesis 251
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 hr Ben YISRAEL 120,478