Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383122 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1028206 Nov 21, 2013
OBAMANATION wrote:
How about that kkk hunt loser Dingy Harry Reid changing the senate rules to prevent a filibuster...what a kkk hunt...how long till that old senile pedophile starts whining in 2014?
This is what the racist hypocrite was quoted saying in '05:

“The threat to change Senate rules is a raw abuse of power and will destroy the very checks and balances our founding fathers put in place to prevent absolute power by any one branch of government.”
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028208 Nov 21, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Creative Comprehension". Is that what you "taught"?
Good one!
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1028209 Nov 21, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Creative Comprehension". Is that what you "taught"?
LOL...alternative realities.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1028210 Nov 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And that explains the train of brainy babes on Fox News.
Maybe that is also related to Obama getting booed by the entire crowd at a college basketball game. I'd say his approval rating in that crowd was a hell of a lot lower than 37 percent, wouldn't you?
Don't get her started on the Fox babes. "There all ugly and stupid and, and ugly!!"
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028211 Nov 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look at this list of America and Constitution-hating leftists Oblamer has surrounded himself with.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-in...
Maybe now Obama will appoint Van Jones, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn to the D.C. courts.
At this point Obama appears willing to throw away everything to get his way.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1028213 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
NEW CNN-ORC POLL: Who will have more influence over nation in next year? Obama: 42%, GOP in Congress: 50%.
Correction. The poll said, "the President has less power than congressional Republicans when it comes to shaping events over the next year." And, given the obstructionist of Republicans in Congress that makes perfect sense. They have tied Obama's hands.

NEW CNN-ORC POLL: 47% want Obama to be in charge while 45% say the GOP should have more influence over the country.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028214 Nov 21, 2013
Progress: ObamaCare website taking slightly longer to crash for users than it did before
DumbSince1680

United States

#1028215 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction. The poll said, "the President has less power than congressional Republicans when it comes to shaping events over the next year." And, given the obstructionist of Republicans in Congress that makes perfect sense. They have tied Obama's hands.
NEW CNN-ORC POLL: 47% want Obama to be in charge while 45% say the GOP should have more influence over the country.
That's a correction? You really need help.
LCNLin

United States

#1028216 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>For the record I never said anything about NBC, I said I do not click on links posted by known rightwing meth heads. I believe those were my exact words.
he list of people who won’t appear on “The O’Reilly Factor” just got longer.

Bill O’Reilly said Wednesday that former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin won’t come on his Fox News show.
“Sarah Palin won’t do this program. She won’t come on the program because she doesn’t want to mix it up. She doesn’t. She wants to give a speech, and nobody gives speeches here,” O’Reilly said during a segment with Fox News host Howard Kurtz.
LCNLin

United States

#1028217 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News is show business and biased reporting, there is no real news there.
a lot of comedy and trolls on thread repeating faux line for line.
LOL
LCNLin

United States

#1028218 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which GOP the shut down nuts
or
the fetus is more important than poor people wing?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028219 Nov 21, 2013
Media photographers protesting the WH forbidding them of taking pics of events normally the press was allowed to photograph.

Such as the arrival of the second dog for the first family, meeting with Hilary, and visiting the crypt of Jesus.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/pictures-video...
DumbSince1680

United States

#1028220 Nov 21, 2013
I'm pleased the Senate broke 225 years of precedent.

I'm a moronic liberal communist.

I love power grabs and chaos when my dirtball Democrats subvert Democracy. I have no respect for minorities.

Hurrayy!!! Idiots like me got our way to further destroy rule, law and order.

I am an idiot. I will defend Obama even if he screws me because I'm too stupid to realize it.

Nyuk, nyuk. Woob, woob, woob. I'm a stooge!

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1028221 Nov 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
this case aside, how do you feel about government agents enticing people to buy drugs in sting operations?
"John Galt"
"silly" would be upset to no end if government agents coerced a democrat in a sting operation.
Peace

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1028222 Nov 21, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how government services have been failing since Obama became president?
Everything takes twice as long and errors are abundant.
The latest thing is even a real simple thing. I never used to get calls from telemarketers as I am always updated of the Federal No call list.
It's Obvious, that law is no longer executed. Why
did Obama even take the Oath of Office?
He had no intention of honoring his oath.
The mindless liberals...
LMAO. You think Obama is responsible for telemarketer calls? They were never going to comply with the do-not-call list.

The problem is with the phone companies who could, but won't, crack down on telemarketers. "Phone companies have never been particularly eager to do anything that reduces revenue and those telemarketers are some of "their more active customers".

Besides, "telemarketing represents a lucrative business opportunity.

In California, Verizon charges $2.50 a month to block calls from anonymous numbers, although this won't stop spoofed numbers. The company also charges $4 a month to block calls from up to a dozen local numbers, but this will still allow "800" numbers to get through."

"The FTC last month announced its biggest catch to date: Mortgage Investors Corp., a Florida home-refinancing company, agreed to pay a record $7.5 million fine for having made more than 5.4 million calls to people on the do-not-call list."

Lois Greisman, associate director of the FTC's division of marketing practices, which oversees enforcement of the do-not-call list "acknowledged that completely ending robocalls and do-not-call-list violations is about as likely as preventing spam from spilling into people's email in-boxes."

"You can never stop anything 100%," she said. "But the problem of spam has been substantially minimized by filtering technology. I'm hopeful that the same can happen with robocalls."

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/15/busin...
LCNFetus

United States

#1028223 Nov 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which GOP the shut down nuts
or
the fetus is more important than poor people wing?
Me wit you man. Da man Obama tinks da 9 month old fetus s/b taken out and da chord snipped. Me be cool wit dat! Me not nuts. Us poo people s/b abel ta do anyting. Me votin' fo Obama. He gonna pay my motage!

Was up Bro?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028224 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

I gave up trying to correct all your non-quote insertions in the middle of quotes and mis-quotes so I was left with this above from your original post and decided to....

Post the exact quote and ask you to please use some integrity the next time you are quoting something. Quote verbatim and respond either before or after.

"Fifty percent believe that congressional Republicans will have more influence over the direction the nation takes in the next year while only 42% saying the President will have more influence, according to the poll. That's a change from November 2012, when more six in ten said Obama would have more influence in the year to come."

"The poll shows 47% want Obama to be in charge while 45% say the GOP should have more influence over the country.

"There is a hint of good news for the President - but only a hint - in those numbers, since that means that the number of Americans who support Obama in his struggles with the GOP is a bit higher than the 41% approval rating would suggest. But that number is also a step down in Obama's support, representing a four-point decline since the last time the question was asked just after Obama won re-election last year," Holland said

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1028225 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sad when only 47% of the country wants O'bama to be in charge...so in other words he isn't. What did you loons elect O'bama to do? nothing. 52% don't want O'bama in charge, sad state of affairs in the United States wouldn't you say.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028226 Nov 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you changed the name Obama to Hitler, you could say the exact same thing.
And yet, tea party is so synonymous with the beliefs of the nazis.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1028227 Nov 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems did this to please their low-info voters like Yeah.
Dumb reason.
And the cons did it to appease their even lower life forms!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smoking may increase kidney disease risk in Afr... 1 min Imgreat 8
What is a white crime expert? 4 min 2 Dogs 12
News SC biker bar taking heat for t-shirts called 'r... 10 min Sgt Stadanko 5
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 17 min ThomasA 1,426
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 17 min enoch powell 6,878
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 18 min 2 Dogs 3,462
Is BILL COSBY a Serial Rapist ? (Mar '15) 37 min 2 Dogs 60
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 39 min TranshumanX 44,845
Police Search for Serial Gang Rapist Described ... 55 min nave 27
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 2 hr White and Right 79