Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405426 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1026735 Nov 19, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just about the only response LIEberal democRATS have to their own racist past: blame the GOP.
"The House version of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by only 61 percent of that Chamber's Democrats versus 80 percent of the Republicans.
More importantly, it was Republicans that ended a Democrat filibuster preventing a vote on this bill in the Senate. 82 percent of Republicans voted for cloture versus 66 percent of Democrats.
In the final Senate vote on the Act, 82 percent of Republicans voted "Aye" versus 69 percent of Democrats.
Southern Democrats? 7 "Aye" – 87 "Nay"
DemoKKKrats are still racists today...just with a different target for their racism....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1026736 Nov 19, 2013
Obama Gestapo in action...

Some drivers along a busy Fort Worth street on Friday were stopped at a police roadblock and directed into a parking lot, where they were asked by federal contractors for samples of their breath, saliva and even blood.

It was part of a government research study aimed at determining the number of drunken or drug-impaired drivers.

"It just doesn't seem right that you can be forced off the road when you're not doing anything wrong," said Kim Cope, who said she was on her lunch break when she was forced to pull over at the roadblock on Beach Street in North Fort Worth.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which is spending $7.9 million on the survey over three years, said participation was "100 percent voluntary" and anonymous.

But Cope said it didn't feel voluntary to her -- despite signs saying it was.

"I gestured to the guy in front that I just wanted to go straight, but he wouldn't let me and forced me into a parking spot," she said.

Once parked, she couldn't believe what she was asked next.

"They were asking for cheek swabs," she said. "They would give $10 for that. Also, if you let them take your blood, they would pay you $50 for that."

At the very least, she said, they wanted to test her breath for alcohol.

She said she felt trapped.

"I finally did the Breathalyzer test just because I thought that would be the easiest way to leave," she said, adding she received no money.
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1026737 Nov 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Remarks by the President to ACA Coalition Partners and Supporters
St. Regis Hotel
Washington, D.C.
5:58 P.M. EST
Not surprised in the least.

I said the other day his handlers would quickly get him in front of supportive, adoring crowds. His massive ego has taken several crippling blows over the past 2+ weeks.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1026738 Nov 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably raising bail money for that murderer zimmerman
Do you remember the poll back in July that showed Zimmerman is more popular than the president among GOP voters? That's because they relate to Zimmerman's immaturity and lack of control over his emotions.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1026740 Nov 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the poll back in July that showed Zimmerman is more popular than the president among GOP voters? That's because they relate to Zimmerman's immaturity and lack of control over his emotions.
or Zimmerman is more honest. Obama is a lying dick.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1026741 Nov 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DemoKKKrats are still racists today...just with a different target for their racism....
<sarc on> Wait...didn't all the racist dems suddenly switch parties in '68? <sarc off>

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1026742 Nov 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
Burns requested that President Obama read the 'Nicolay Version' of the Gettysburg Address, which was Lincoln's first draft of the Address and does not contain the phrase "under God."
So the president does this then rightwing blogs go ballistic and post the video of the president doing this and accuse him of omitting 'under God' from the speech.
I believe that is the definition of evil. You rightwingers are some sick puppies.
Would you happen to know which version of the Constitution he uses?

Level 2

Spokane, WA

#1026743 Nov 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, Darryl Issa has wasted millions of the taxpayers money for bogus hearings. That's what republicans always do. Waste money on bullshyt, rather that legislate.
"silly"
You are very fair on wasted monies are you? 650 million and counting wasted on the failed nobamakare program a majority of American's do not support? What, another 500 million wasted on the Solyndra debacle? A few 100 millions wasted on the unprovoked bombing of Libya? The what 10 trillion nobama will add to the national debt?
Peace
KMA
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1026744 Nov 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who care about Zimmerman are those in the Obama-protecting media.

They now can focus on a different clown other than the one running the country into the ground.
Scarlett

Windsor, CT

#1026745 Nov 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares weirdo?
LCNLin

United States

#1026746 Nov 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
text of written speech for teleprompter, not necessarily as delivered...
when Obama ad libs, he fcks up....
More than 100 million Americans have gotten free preventive care like mammograms and contraceptive care with no copays.  That’s all part of the law.  Because of you, millions of Americans will soon know the security of health care, in some cases for the first time, in states where governors have chosen to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.  Arkansas has covered almost 14 percent of its uninsured already.  Think about that -- 14 percent of the uninsured in Arkansas are already covered just because of the work that you did.  Oregon has covered 10 percent of its uninsured already. (Applause.)  Got some Oregon folks in the house. (Laughter and applause.) 
And what’s been encouraging is you’ve got some conservative Republican governors who, in some cases, have put aside politics to do the same.  They recognize this is too good a deal for the people of our state for us to pass up even if it’s not convenient politics for us.  And I'm proud of them for doing that.  And I hope more will, too. (Applause.)  Because nobody deserves to be denied health care because of politics. (Applause.)
And because of you, the Affordable Care Act created new marketplaces where Americans without health care, and Americans who buy it on their own, can shop and buy quality private insurance plans.  Insurers in the marketplace can no longer use your medical history to charge you more.  If you’ve got a preexisting condition, they’ve got to take you.  Folks who’ve been sick have finally the same chance to buy quality, affordable health care as everybody else.  And that's happening because of you. 
A lot of folks are going to qualify for new tax credits that will immediately bring down the price even further.  For a young person who’s trying several jobs until they find that one that sticks, that means they’re going to be able to buy insurance that gives them the freedom to pursue the careers that they want without fear that an illness or an accident will derail their dreams.
And most of the young people in this country who don't have health insurance currently, they’re going to be able to get it for less than their cell phone bill, less than their cable bill.(Applause.)  That's happening because of you.
So it’s important sometimes to just step back and say, all that stuff is already happening.  A lot of it got underreported, kind of crept up on people.  And as we move forward, you’ve got to keep that in mind. 
Now, there have been some tough parts, let’s face it.  The truth of the matter is, is that while ultimately, healthcare.gov , the website, is going to be the easiest place to shop for and buy these new plans -- and it’s getting faster and more stable -- it’s not where it needs to be yet.  I’m not happy about it, as you might imagine. (Laughter.)  I'm not happy about it because I know that people need health care and this is the right place to get it. 
I know you’re not happy about it because as long as the website is not working the way it should, it makes it harder for you to help them get covered.  And that’s unacceptable and I'm taking responsibility to make sure that it gets fixed.  And it will be fixed.  We're working overtime to get it fixed. (Applause.)
Barak Oblumpkin

Temecula, CA

#1026747 Nov 19, 2013
Time to drain the Liberal Cess pool
Barak Oblumpkin

Temecula, CA

#1026748 Nov 19, 2013
Liberals are festering moldy feces....with crabs

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1026749 Nov 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Latent Gay. Someone who is transparently gay but believes himself to be straight.
Often overherd making very stupid, xenophobic and racist comments.
Sound like you?
You mean like O'bama. I concur. Another lie he has been telling for years. WTH. Again I ask? what has O'bama ever told the truth about?

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1026750 Nov 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
California home sales down for third month in a row...
Maybe where you are but not in most of California. Nobody wants to live in Temecula. Home sales are up in San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and other places.

This is what DataQuick has to say:

"An estimated 36,468 new and resale houses and condos sold statewide last month (October). That was up 1.2 percent from 36,027 in September."

"Indicators of market distress continue to decline. Foreclosure activity remains well below year-ago and peak levels reached in the last five years. Financing with multiple mortgages is low, while down payment sizes are stable, DataQuick reported."

http://www.dqnews.com/Articles/2013/News/Cali...

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#1026751 Nov 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like O'bama. I concur. Another lie he has been telling for years. WTH. Again I ask? what has O'bama ever told the truth about?
Fundamentally change America?
food fight

Lake Elsinore, CA

#1026752 Nov 19, 2013
Obozo will soon deliver the same kind of leadership he's demonstrated with ObamaCare, Syryia and Benghazi. This time it'll be the Iranians pulling the wool over our little amateur's eyes. They want an A-bomb and he's just the kind of idiot to negotiate with to insure they get one.

Level 2

Spokane, WA

#1026753 Nov 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a huge log in your eye. Might be obstructing your judgmental vision.
The poor are becoming poorer these days and more people are becoming poor.
Seems to me encouraging this is much more hateful than giving selflessly with a cheerful heart than being forced to give to big government to waste on more corruption.
"Carol"
You are spot on. Under the disaster president nobama is we see;
- More American's needing food stamps
- Fewer American's paying Federal income tax
- Household incomes down
The above equals more people in need and folks earning less. president nobama's Utopia, he wants as many as possible dependent on the government, guaranteed voters for democrats with their hands out.
Peace
LCNLin

United States

#1026754 Nov 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
You are spot on. Under the disaster president nobama is we see;
- More American's needing food stamps
- Fewer American's paying Federal income tax
- Household incomes down
The above equals more people in need and folks earning less. president nobama's Utopia, he wants as many as possible dependent on the government, guaranteed voters for democrats with their hands out.
Peace
Yes!
Republican stock market crash of Oct. 2008...helped elect President Obama
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#1026755 Nov 19, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you happen to know which version of the Constitution he uses?
Ouch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Negro Male obsession with White Women is on... (Jul '14) 7 min Hmm 88
Topix AFAM Looks Like Neonazi Forum Godlikeprod... 14 min Tiny Dk 23
Time for Reparations 19 min Hebrew Supremacist 19
Avoid The Groid 21 min Tiny Dk 4
Why are YOU voting for Hillary ? 32 min Hillary 2016 27
Bernie Sanders leaves Democratic party 34 min T-BOS 2
.....................WHY I'm WITH HER! 51 min Hillary 2016 18
I am Calling all the US whites European Americans 59 min Oh No You Di-nt 81
What race are Somalis? (Aug '07) 1 hr trollslayer 14,532
NATE SILVER : Trump will win 1 hr Hillary 2016 33